6.8

1. SeanC.
    Jan 20, 2006
    I enjoyed this game, and the controls felt very fluid to my gamer hands. The story, while dense, was on par with what I expected from the license. Truly, the only place where the game *really* stumbles is the AI. For a game based on characters with computers for brains, the AI is just laughably boring. I wouldn't even call it bad, just predictable. However, I did enjoy the final boss I enjoyed this game, and the controls felt very fluid to my gamer hands. The story, while dense, was on par with what I expected from the license. Truly, the only place where the game *really* stumbles is the AI. For a game based on characters with computers for brains, the AI is just laughably boring. I wouldn't even call it bad, just predictable. However, I did enjoy the final boss in the game. Where the game really gets going is multiplayer, which can actually be quite fun, especially playing as the Major. If they create a sequel to the game, I would ask only a few things of it beyond what was delivered here: More immersion in the story. Let the player uncover a lot more, through reading computer files, actually watching/listening or what have you. A bit more Splinter Cell, a little less Tomb Raider. Better AI. Please challenge me, because after I beat the game on Normal, I tried Hard, and all I got were beefier enemies. System linkable or online multiplayer would be fun, some extra game modes to mix things up, with goals other than annihilating you opponent. Finally, level design could be improved, both in Single and Multiplayer. Overall, the game was fun for me, and I especially liked the fluid animation and stylish graphics. However, I hesitate to purchase the game, since I don't think that it would prove to be as much fun over the long term. Expand
  2. Nov 20, 2012
    Awkward controls, animation, NPC models, and bad multiplayer. I wouldn't recommend this to anyone who is not a fan of the original series. The game is decent but nothing special. With some extra tuning this game could have been great
  3. Apr 2, 2013
    A decent enough attempt. While I rarely expect licence games to be any good, I was surprised that this game was half decent. Good visuals, fun gameplay, loyal to the series' narrative. However, it does lack polish and the controls can be a bit frustrating at times. With a bit more development by a more experienced team it could have been allot better.

Overall: A decent game that will

Overall:
    A decent game that will appeal to fans of the show, but only to a certain extent. Don't expect anything too grand, but it is worth a try for fans at least.

#100 Most Discussed PS2 Game of 2004

This game is good, but could have been much better. A longer story and less sound on the next one will make it a "top of its field" game.
  2. Weekly Famitsu
    7 / 7 / 8 / 7 - 29 [Vol 795; 12 Mar 2004]
  3. Levels can be bland at times, but there's some breathtaking aerial work to be performed...A difficult and sometimes frustrating ride; however, it is engrossing and ambitious.