Gitaroo Man PlayStation 2

• Publisher: Koei
  • Release Date: Feb 19, 2002
8.7

1. Jun 1, 2013
    One of my favorite rhythm games. The only others that even compete with Gitaroo Man are Elite Beat Agents, Ouendan and Ouendan 2. Great soundtrack, good graphics, and the star of the show, the gameplay.
  2. Dec 13, 2012
    Not a bad game. Lots of variety in the music styles, but I believe this is it's weakness. While the songs are good, you will either love them or hate them. Personally I only really like a few of the songs, but the one that I did like were awesome the other, just felt more like a chore. The difficulty can be a bit brutal at times, but in no way impossible, so this does give it loads ofNot a bad game. Lots of variety in the music styles, but I believe this is it's weakness. While the songs are good, you will either love them or hate them. Personally I only really like a few of the songs, but the one that I did like were awesome the other, just felt more like a chore. The difficulty can be a bit brutal at times, but in no way impossible, so this does give it loads of replay value for perfectionists. Overall: An OK game with loads of character. Either you like it, or you don't. It's not for everyone. Expand
  3. JohnY.
    Jan 29, 2005
    This game just blows all others away. As classic as Parappa the Rapper was, Giratoo Man RULES!
  4. MattiasA.
    Oct 27, 2004
    This game is one of the best games I've ever played, and I've played tons of games in my life. The music is so [Censor] good, and I can't figure out how a game can be that good, please somebody tell me.
  5. EmilyK
    Oct 4, 2003
    This game is too addicting for it's own good. intuitive and fresh gameplay, awesome soundtrack, great voice talent, and a quirky and entertaining story makes this game stand out above all other rhythm games released.
  6. AvianS.
    Jul 3, 2002
    Having never really played many rhythm games, I was a bit wary of this one. I played a demo of stage 2 and that funky synth Flying-O got me hooked! I just bought the UK version and the other stages fit in really well, surely accomodating any music taste. The concept is refreshing, the graphics are cutesy but fun and the soundtrack is so addictive that I dare anyone who has played it to go Having never really played many rhythm games, I was a bit wary of this one. I played a demo of stage 2 and that funky synth Flying-O got me hooked! I just bought the UK version and the other stages fit in really well, surely accomodating any music taste. The concept is refreshing, the graphics are cutesy but fun and the soundtrack is so addictive that I dare anyone who has played it to go a full day without humming at least one tune! The Vs mode appeals to me as it adds greater longevity (esp. if you find an opponent that has no rhythm!) I would love to rate this game higher than an 8 but, for me, it just ain't long enough. I'll need at least another 5 stages on Gitaroo-Man 2 please! Expand
  7. Enthasius
    Jun 27, 2002
    I've only got the single stage demo, but im hooked to it anyway, I can't wait to get my axe-strumming hands on the full game!
  8. Nick
    Jun 25, 2002
    I have just played the demo and I'm hooked already can't wait for it's release in uk, move over Pa'crapper! This dude is commin in with a criticle soundtrack and style galore!
  9. NickH.
    Jun 11, 2002
    All your base are belong to us! Make your time. As far as the rhythm action genre goes this game is by far one of the most challenging yet entertaining. The music sticks in your head and kicks ass all at the same time. These are songs you want to be humming in class. Addictive and inventive, rhythm action fans have a new must have game for their collections.
  10. JonathanN.
    May 30, 2002
    It is very hard but is a good game it have good challenges and the songs are pretty good.
  11. MattW.
    Mar 23, 2002
    I am a huge fan of the rythym/music genre, and I would have to say that this is the best entry into the genre yet. This game has the best original music I have ever heard in a video game. It also is very innovative, in the way that you use the left analog stick to "play" the gitaroo. Buy this now.

#80 Most Discussed PS2 Game of 2002
#99 Most Shared PS2 Game of 2002

1. Arguably the most original and inventive rhythm game since the advent of "Dance Dance Revolution" or the original "Parappa the Rapper," and it's easily one of the best rhythm games for the PlayStation 2.
  2. A refreshing sip of musical ambrosia.
  3. For the most part this is a fairly solid example of the genre, although positioning the cone can feel somewhat erratic thanks to the slightly jerky controls.