8.7

1. Aug 20, 2015
    Screw the critics

if you are going to play a game, play it based on much you enjoy it. Goblin commander, with its destructible buildings, limb shattering gore , Local Split-screen PvP mode and simplistic yet fun strategy controls DELIVERS THE RICHNESS OF RTS GAME-PLAY TO CONSOLES.
  2. NickW
    Oct 5, 2008
    It's important to look at this as a CONSOLE RTS, and not compare it to PC RTS's. Of course the PC will have superior RTS games, it's got better controls and more support in the form of online multiplayer.
    So what am I trying to say? I'm saying that Goblin Commander is a worthy RTS, and worth buying used from Gamestop or Ebay or wherever. It's challenging without being frustrating, fun without being too easy, and a success as a console RTS. So stop comparing it to its PC cousins, and go out and get this fun game.
  3. JasonM.
    Sep 2, 2004
    An incredible piece of work to say the least. The simplicity of it all really made me enjoy it, the story line wasnt great as opposed to some other games, a little more thought could've been put into that area. However, the storyline in any RTS isnt what your interested in, am I right? You want war, big brutes, power and the ability to set up a suitable defence well running off to An incredible piece of work to say the least. The simplicity of it all really made me enjoy it, the story line wasnt great as opposed to some other games, a little more thought could've been put into that area. However, the storyline in any RTS isnt what your interested in, am I right? You want war, big brutes, power and the ability to set up a suitable defence well running off to lay seige to your enemys encampment, well that all is in Goblin Commander, to be honest. At first I thought, 'This can't be so great, I mean, you must only be able to use like one type of goblin' But boy was I wrong you can pick up to 36 different units ont he map for each team, which can end in a catacylismic brawl of 72 units. Which is very reasonable for RTS on a console. You can also take direct control of units allowing you to zoom in and get close up's of the area aroudn you, to be honest, this is an adventure game crossed with and RTS game. You can buy a bunch of upgrades for your goblins attack, defense, health and even a special bonus upgrade for each clans special unit, or support unit that hones special abilities that vary from healing your units, to dissolving other units armor. The maps aren't flat out, but rigid and bumpy, allowing for a more realistic experiance. Climb the mountains with your units, or wade through dark swamp waters. Watch as the games elements come into play, lightning strking in frn tof you add's a shock to the game, while rain, sleet, hail and snow make it mysterious. Fog can also shadow forcoming danger, that why in this game, you need to hunt in groups, as theres enemies around every nook, cranny, and bend. And another great thing are the runestones, they grant you god like powers to pour meteors down upon your enemies, lash down a thunder bolt upon them, or even cause acid rain. But the favorite, and possibly most enjoyable part of this game for many fans like myself was the titans, huge brutes that deal out massive damage and some even have one hit kill attacks. One of them has the ability to eat units to recover its health, were another can transform itself into a moving tornado and blow them away. Incredible is what this game is, it is a definte must buy. And for those that say titans arent worth their gold, I must object. If you know how to use them, their worth every penny. Just dont let them become swarmed by high level units. Expand
  4. KrogothK.
    Dec 11, 2003
    Great game, simple for RTS fans that don't want to memorze 500 pages of controller information. Great storyline, great species. The funny character modeling actually gives it an old skool arcade look. Dazzling.
  5. JorgeR.
    Dec 4, 2003
    A couple of the levels are great but overall the game is only sort of ok. kudos on getting RTS controls to work right but where's the polish? I thought these guys were big guys at Blizzard who left to make this game. If this is the best they can do Blizzard is better off without them.
  6. JasonK.
    Nov 20, 2003
    First night i got this i was up till 2 in the morning playing 1 on 1 with my little brother. a rue masterpeice no one should be with out.
  7. LannyP.
    Nov 15, 2003
    This game is a gem in the darkness of console RTS'! Graphicly speaking it's ok. The real fun is in the two player mode!! God that's fun!
  8. JordieC.
    Nov 11, 2003
    Genius.

1. Play Magazine
    If only Goblin Commander's visuals matched the majesty of its design... I absolutely love it, though. [Dec 2003, p.83]
  2. This game proves thqat RTS games can be done right on a console. [Jan 2004, p.131]
    A very good RTS, and anyone who complains that it lacks the depth of a PC RTS is entirely missing the point.