God Hand PlayStation 2

• Publisher: Capcom
  • Release Date: Oct 10, 2006
7.8

1. Aug 23, 2016
    If you're a thoughtful person, you may have realized that some of the best games are the ones who take the biggest risks. Even if it takes 20 years for players to come around, the ones that go down in the books are the ones everybody hated, or glossed over, at first. God Hand is one of them. If you're on the fence about trying this title out, try to avoid the reviews. This title could beIf you're a thoughtful person, you may have realized that some of the best games are the ones who take the biggest risks. Even if it takes 20 years for players to come around, the ones that go down in the books are the ones everybody hated, or glossed over, at first. God Hand is one of them. If you're on the fence about trying this title out, try to avoid the reviews. This title could be your favorite game ever - it stands out, it takes a lot of risks, does things very differently from the rest. If you don't like unique or original media, you won't like God Hand. This game gets bad reviews by gamers who don't like experiences outside their comfort zones, that's all that is. The type of person who says "This game cheats!" when they lose, and lean towards games that hold player's hands through the 60 seconds of gameplay in-between cutscenes. Like it or not, there's a schism in gaming; there are people who like "experiences", and people who like games that challenge them to grow and overcome their weaknesses. God Hand isn't the former type of gaming experience, and it doesn't deserve to be rated poorly by gamers who don't like spicy food.

How can you go wrong with the same team that brought Okami, and Viewtiful Joe?
  2. Apr 21, 2016
    [OVERVIEW=10]
    One of the greatest 3D beat-em-ups ever made. Smooth, fast, and pure.
    [PRESENTATION=9] (Visuals=7) Anime-physics-influenced with rapidfire punching and characters launching across the room. Characters look…don’t know if “good” is the right word; let’s say, interesting; “Fist of the North Star”-ish, as if they’re all trying to start fights for dressing funny, which would
    [OVERVIEW=10]
    One of the greatest 3D beat-em-ups ever made. Smooth, fast, and pure.

[PRESENTATION=9]
    (Visuals=7) Anime-physics-influenced with rapidfire punching and characters launching across the room. Characters look…don’t know if “good” is the right word; let’s say, interesting; “Fist of the North Star”-ish, as if they’re all trying to start fights for dressing funny, which would fit the plot. Colorful environments, wonderful fighting animations.
    (Sound=7)
    (Physics=6) Screen shakes add to the impacts, much as in “RAD:Robot Alchemic Drive.” Doors/crates/chairs shatter, but no ragdolling. One section of one level has cloth physics curtains
    (Plot=9) It has that bizarre auteur-style plot in service to the chaotic setting and gameplay rather than coherence or believability. It certainly kept my attention, and I never used its skip feature.

[CONTROLS/MECHANICS=10]
    (100% Melee Brawler/Beat’EmUp=10)
    You have Triangle and X attacks, a 6-hit sequence by repeatedly pressing square, and 3 more strikes by holding the L-stick back when pressing buttons. Movement is “tank” style (turning instead of strafing); double-tapping L-stick forward runs (FAST), enabling rushing attacks.
    Attacks follow the convention of speed being inversely proportional to power. Slower strikes can have effects that stagger, knock back, sweep surrounding enemies, launch into the air, or break through enemy blocking.
    You can pick up and use/throw objects/weapons, but you can’t throw enemies. Circle will pummel downed/staggered enemies. There are almost no QTE’s aside from waggling the L-stick to escape grabs.
    The dodging mechanic with the R stick is superb: press forward in perfect timing to duck, allowing a free hit, backwards or sideways to dash more safely.
    Play speed is extremely fast, so managing crowds requires excellent reflexes. The “feel” is just unparalleled, and while the game can get very hard (on “Easy”!), you are always in complete control.
    Special attacks and a Rage mode let you briefly but enjoyably decimate enemies every so often.
    (Physics=7) Enemies can accidentally hit each other, i.e., with rushing attacks, and you can knock enemies into each other.
    (Camera=5) A behind-the-back view focuses on the enemies in front, but you’re vulnerable to being blindsided from behind.
    (Friendly AI=6) If you rescue (and somehow avoid beating up) friendlies, they reward you with health/upgrades.
    (Enemy AI=9) Enemies are great at ganging up on you, hitting you while you’re mid-stomping a downed enemy or running to grab thrown objects, which encourages you to watch the upper-right-corner radar and keep dodging. Enemies have great variety and occasionally do 2-person combos; bosses are particularly interesting.

[DESIGN=9]
    (Menus=6)
    (Level Design=7) Levels are nice and constrained, but there are a few interesting additions here and there to the “beat everyone up” objective, like stomping out a bomb’s fuse while fighting off enemies. There are some environmental hazards to knock enemies into (like chairs, a collapsing veranda, fire, or kicking them off rope bridges), but nothing on the order of, say, Madworld.
    (Difficulty Curve=0) “Normal” is just unreasonably, frustratingly hard, at least on a first playthrough. “Easy” is still hard, because difficulty goes up in realtime the better you do, killing you faster than (I) can improve. Enemies and crates drop health, but strangely you get no free health between levels. Checkpoints keep things do-able, but it badly needs quicksaving/quickloading, ideally mapped to the controller.
    (Upgrade System=9) You collect and swap out moves. At first I felt it was a needlessly complicated keybinding feature, but once you unlock more, there’s a lot of fun to be had tailoring and experimenting with different movesets. I put a fast fist combo on the square-sequence and different special properties on the remainder. It’s a mark of excellent design that there’s no way to rearrange moves to “cheapen” things: fast attacks eventually get blocked, causing you to stagger; slower moves get interrupted. You have to react fast enough to break guard or dodge as appropriate.
    (Modes=Singleplayer campaign (15 hours. 50% Padding)) The campaign stays interesting the entire playthrough, but I feel it’s “padded” because the difficulty makes you replay everything at least twice as often as is ideal. There’s also optional timed challenges in the levels and an “arena” mode.

[CONCLUSION]
    It reminds me of Wii “Madworld” but way better. A “10” engages me to the point of obsession with unique gameplay that has never been surpassed by sequels, and while God Hand meets both criteria easily, I was still hesitant because of the frustrating difficulty. But it challenges God of War, Metal Gear:Revengeance, Ninja GaidenZ:Yaiba, and X-men Origins:Wolverine for the title of best singleplayer 3d beat-em-up on any system. While its creators went on to form Platinum games, a studio known for 3D beatemups, no Platinum game ever came close in quality.
  3. Jan 25, 2016
    God Hand stands out from most games of this genre by having many unique elements you find in games today. To dodge you don't simply roll out of the way but have to dodge vertical, horizontal, high, mid and low attacks with three different dodge actions. You can customize your moves for many different play styles giving more replay along with ng+. Difficulty changes depending on how wellGod Hand stands out from most games of this genre by having many unique elements you find in games today. To dodge you don't simply roll out of the way but have to dodge vertical, horizontal, high, mid and low attacks with three different dodge actions. You can customize your moves for many different play styles giving more replay along with ng+. Difficulty changes depending on how well you do at the game but there is still easy mode if you don't want that kind of challenge just yet. The games humor appealed to me but may not be for everyone but new players may come to enjoy it. This game also has a variety of bosses so you will always have something to look forward to. The music is great so you won't get bored of the same track anytime soon but this won't matter either since there is a good variety here.

The only bad things i can say about this game is the obvious quality in graphics and the lack of a boss rush mode. Some may find the controls weird and the lack of a hard lock on very distracting but this can be fixed by your self if you know what to do. But a hard lock could have been applied by relocating the taunt or God Hand mode.

This is the kind of game that set the standard for brawlers in the future but sadly we don't see so do try this kind of game once.
  4. Jan 4, 2016
    obra maestra de los videojuegos,el mejor beatm up de la historia ,genial control ,historia perfecto lo que le falla es el apartado grafico pero con eso no basta para quitarle prestigio a este juego
  5. Nov 21, 2015
    Cover I know your company is dead But where ever you are Please pick this game and continue it .
    **** copcom for destroying , Destroying this artful game .
    NObody KNEW ABOUT THIS GAME AND HOW FUN IT WAS .
    Hoping for a continuation.
  6. Mar 16, 2015
    one of the greatest video games of all time,perfect combat system,customizable move set,boss fights

the reason i purchase a second ps2 after my first one broke
  7. Mar 9, 2015
    Just started playing and all i can say is that it still is extremely hard getting used to even after a few days. Im assuming it takes quite a bit to get the timing down of the various dodges but after that i bet its gonna be way more awesome than to play it already is. The graphics arent even that bad compared to games now a days, so it's not an issue at all when you play, the soundtrackJust started playing and all i can say is that it still is extremely hard getting used to even after a few days. Im assuming it takes quite a bit to get the timing down of the various dodges but after that i bet its gonna be way more awesome than to play it already is. The graphics arent even that bad compared to games now a days, so it's not an issue at all when you play, the soundtrack is very goofy but it fits in very well, and the storyline seems cool so far. Don't expect a hardcore fighting game from God Hand, expect a laid-back purely for fun beat em up game to pass time on every now and then :D Expand
  8. Jan 7, 2015
    Capcom have great games in PS2, especially godhand, this games is very cool fighting ever after dmc. Graphics is good, gameplay is brutal but still cool action, and all about fun just fun...and again if you have guts, then play this games until you can defeated this final boss with 2 god hand...have fun.
  9. Oct 18, 2014
    Fantastic game with hard-to-master control scheme, which put some early reviewers off.

But make no mistake, there's a lot to love here. It took me a while to learn to enjoy this game, but once you learn the mechanics, and become good at it, it starts to play like a dream. The fighting mechanic is unique, the levels are well-paced, the three difficulty levels are well-balanced, the

The fighting mechanic is unique, the levels are well-paced, the three difficulty levels are well-balanced, the enemies are a good match, the bosses are interesting, the comedy is quirky,

The most important thing is that it presents a beautifully-playing third person action adventure game. It stands up there with Devil May Cry and God of War as one of the very best in the genre, while simultaneously standing out for its unique, groundbreaking blend of styles. We need a sequel badly.
  10. Jun 10, 2014
    Juego de peleas en tercera persona que enloquece por momentos convirtiéndolo en una experiencia. Sin duda un juego que hay que probar ya que sólo el diseño de personajes vale la partida.
  11. Nov 7, 2013
    It is a damn shame this game flopped (thank you ign).

Positives 1. It's difficult while being fair. Unlike games such as I Wanna Be The Guy or... other indie games, when you die in this game, it's on you, not shoddy programming. 2. It's amazingly over-the-top. Like some weird mix of Fist of the North Star, Western movies, and Streets of Rage, the game knows how to make you say
    It is a damn shame this game flopped (thank you ign).

Positives

2. It's amazingly over-the-top. Like some weird mix of Fist of the North Star, Western movies, and Streets of Rage, the game knows how to make you say "What".

3. It's funny in a medium where most attempts to be funny fall on their faces. It's not afraid to be politically incorrect, not afraid to sound goofy, and not afraid to offend.

Negatives

1. Though some would say the casino adds "color" and "flavor" to the game, I think it's just a waste of time.

2. Uh... you can see through textures?

I don't have much negative to say about God Hand. 9 out of 10. You should buy it as a reminder of when Capcom didn't suck.
  12. Aug 24, 2013
    i can't believe the critics opinion on this game it is one of the most underrated games of all time a true master piece it is funny gameplay smooth and addictive story not that good but the game play is just the bomb of this game it is one of my favorite games of all time
  13. Jan 15, 2013
    What a fantastic game. Here's a quick run down of what's so great. 100% customizable move set. Great dodging system where you get up close and must deal with individual attacks, then get back on the offensive. All animations can be cancelled, making the combat smooth - cancel when you miss, cancel when you hit and want to interrupt your own attack with another - and cancel when you areWhat a fantastic game. Here's a quick run down of what's so great. 100% customizable move set. Great dodging system where you get up close and must deal with individual attacks, then get back on the offensive. All animations can be cancelled, making the combat smooth - cancel when you miss, cancel when you hit and want to interrupt your own attack with another - and cancel when you are hit yourself, so you get back to your ready stance. Brilliant! Dynamic difficulty - the better you are, the harder the game gets, and if you are struggling, it gets a bit easier. That way, everybody is challenged by this game, it just gets harder and harder! Great variety of enemies and enemy attacks - all fair, with wind up animations and audio cues, so it's always fair. Beat the game, and unlock all moves in the shop for your game+ as well as some totally new ones for your 2nd play through. Also bonus costumes, and 50 unique challenges to beat. Great comedy and enemy design, funny dialogue, lots of game references, and really catchy music. Pretty much the best game on the PS2, and still stands up today. Get it! Collapse
  14. Nov 25, 2012
    I can't believe the idiots at IGN think that God Hand is terrible. First off, the game is not terrible. And second, I think it really has a great elemental styles of comedy references from Chappelle's Show to an homage to Shinji Mikami's Devil May Cry. I played the game on the Playstation 2 Classics on PSN and I haven't stop playing for hours when every boss battle shows up. It was reallyI can't believe the idiots at IGN think that God Hand is terrible. First off, the game is not terrible. And second, I think it really has a great elemental styles of comedy references from Chappelle's Show to an homage to Shinji Mikami's Devil May Cry. I played the game on the Playstation 2 Classics on PSN and I haven't stop playing for hours when every boss battle shows up. It was really an honor for Clover Studio (now Platinum Games, home of Bayonetta) to make an over-the-top fighting-like action game that wants you to test your fists and strength also break out some finishing nanuevers like the God Stomp and all those types. I thought Okami was better than God Hand, I was wrong. But they both share some great moments, though. I think Capcom did what they did and it's one of the best underrated games that doesn't suck. Expand
  15. Oct 4, 2012
    Best beat em up game ever made. The best game Capcom ever had and it wont get another one like this cause they let go of the best game devs that ever existed. The game is pure fun with solid soild gameplay.
  16. Jun 17, 2012
    Awesome game. I love it enough to edit the review score. DURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
  17. Nov 20, 2011
    Brutal and funny game for me. The graphic isn't too good but the game is. It has some funny moves like ball buster and something like that and im very proud that I finish the game in hard mode.
  18. Sep 30, 2011
    This game is so much fun, its funny and awesome at the same time. I loved the fact that you are able to create combos and the roulette system is fun as f**k. One for the ages this game, often overlooked but always awesome
  19. May 22, 2011
    As far as brawlers go, this takes the cake, possibly forever. TOO over the top you say! It's a video game. There's no such thing as TOO over the top. You want to kick a demon in the groin, go ahead. Maybe you would like to barrel kick a group of thugs, no one's stopping you. This game sets the bar for brawlers. I am glad some game developers realize games are supposed to be fun. Pick thisAs far as brawlers go, this takes the cake, possibly forever. TOO over the top you say! It's a video game. There's no such thing as TOO over the top. You want to kick a demon in the groin, go ahead. Maybe you would like to barrel kick a group of thugs, no one's stopping you. This game sets the bar for brawlers. I am glad some game developers realize games are supposed to be fun. Pick this gem up before it's gone forever. Expand
  20. Feb 4, 2011
    The best beat-em-up/action EVER. God Hand is hilariously underrated. I don't know why. It's FUN FUN FUN and challenging. Really, the game is unique.. The fact that you can TOTALLY customise moves means that you can change the fighting style to match YOUR personal warrior more than ever before.
  21. HarriLaitinen
    Aug 6, 2009
    God Hand is the best brawler on the PS2. I don't understand how this game can get critised about the camera when God of War gets 100% and you can't even see where you are going! Again God of War get's points for a good fighting system when in thruth it is not even customisable. You have maybe 30-50 moves in GOW where as in God Hand you have more like 100 moves that you canGod Hand is the best brawler on the PS2. I don't understand how this game can get critised about the camera when God of War gets 100% and you can't even see where you are going! Again God of War get's points for a good fighting system when in thruth it is not even customisable. You have maybe 30-50 moves in GOW where as in God Hand you have more like 100 moves that you can set into a combo of your choosing. I really don't see why people praise such a mediocore game as GOW and don't see the genious in such a awesome game as God Hand. Expand
  22. SomeOne
    Apr 8, 2009
    God Hand is a fantastic game. The fact that you can fully customise your combos and movelist means that you can change the game to match YOUR fighting style more than ever before. This is a good thing because the game is challenging, and unlike some games where button mashing may get you somewhere, button mashing in God Hand won't even get you past the first few enemies. It requires God Hand is a fantastic game. The fact that you can fully customise your combos and movelist means that you can change the game to match YOUR fighting style more than ever before. This is a good thing because the game is challenging, and unlike some games where button mashing may get you somewhere, button mashing in God Hand won't even get you past the first few enemies. It requires real skill, and when you become one with the fighting engine and start dominating with combos that you created yourself it's incredibly satisfying. The characters and dialogue are so funny I was in stitches for most of the game. There are heaps of other great ideas in this game, for example instead of only getting upgrade points through fighting, you can take them to a casino and try to increase the amount. 300 points short of a new upgrade? Go to the Blackjack table and get that upgrade sooner rather than later! You can even bet on Chihuahua Races, which is so much fun it could be a game on it's own. The graphics aren't high quality (great art style though) but the sound definitely is! I'm totally addicted to this game, I got it for 24 Aussie dollars and it's paid for itself ten times over already! I think Edge put it best when they said you will either love it or hate it, but either way you have to play it at least once. So go play it! Expand
  23. Shane
    Jan 12, 2009
    God Hand might be the most underrated game of its time. The game is just pure fun, from the goofy dialogue and voice acting to the surpisingly in-depth combat system, God Hand is the polar opposite of games that take themselves seriously. Chris Roper's review and score of the game lack any accuracy and should not dissuade you from giving it a try. For such a difficult game God Hand might be the most underrated game of its time. The game is just pure fun, from the goofy dialogue and voice acting to the surpisingly in-depth combat system, God Hand is the polar opposite of games that take themselves seriously. Chris Roper's review and score of the game lack any accuracy and should not dissuade you from giving it a try. For such a difficult game that's primarily about punching people, God Hand is likely to charm the daylights out of you. Expand
  24. RobS
    Nov 19, 2008
    God Hand is old school hard straight from the beginning. If you are persistent and never give up, you will be rewarded with one of the most amazing brawling experiences ever released on any system. This game is not just a mindless button mash either, so don't expect to win just by smashing the same button over and over through the game like so many other brawlers, your quick reflexes God Hand is old school hard straight from the beginning. If you are persistent and never give up, you will be rewarded with one of the most amazing brawling experiences ever released on any system. This game is not just a mindless button mash either, so don't expect to win just by smashing the same button over and over through the game like so many other brawlers, your quick reflexes and masterful use of the stunning array of moves available to you will be rewarded with a genuinely FUN and hilarious over the top action experience. Where else can you boot demons in the groin then kick them into outer space? Expand
  25. RichardA
    Aug 30, 2008
    Not be it for you to take any sort of guidance off someone who thinks Chaos Legion was an amazing slash 'em up and completed Megaman X7 on his own volition but this game comes under my top 10 favourite games of all time. It's not because of the frustrating and constant dying which just ends up being funny after the twelfth time the same fat ninja does the spinney blade thing at Not be it for you to take any sort of guidance off someone who thinks Chaos Legion was an amazing slash 'em up and completed Megaman X7 on his own volition but this game comes under my top 10 favourite games of all time. It's not because of the frustrating and constant dying which just ends up being funny after the twelfth time the same fat ninja does the spinney blade thing at you just after you've got out of one fight with three guys. It's not because of the humour that makes the game it's only little laughing stoke, drenched in liquid awesome. It's because of the places you can go after you beat it the first time. If you're anything like me then you aren't happy with the total annihilation of medium difficulty and beating Easy makes you feel like a weakling, even though you're destined to die at least once a level on easy. No, if you're anything like me you will complete easy and medium, put the controller down and then pick it up again after a few seconds because you just want to SEE if you can get through hard mode. Then you think that it'd be a good idea to try a kick-me sign run, a run through the game that stops you from using your special abilities. The game could last you months and months and could even totally destroy your social life if you wanted try a hard mode kick me sign run which can only be described as "mental". Expand
    Jan 16, 2008
    This game is hilariously underrated, and anyone turned off by negative reviews should give it a second thought. Initially, you may be turned off by the fact that the game essentially throws you right into the middle of things, with no idea of what to do, but tinker around with it, and you'll find a rewarding combo system, with clever (albeit irreverant) humor and dialog. Plus the This game is hilariously underrated, and anyone turned off by negative reviews should give it a second thought. Initially, you may be turned off by the fact that the game essentially throws you right into the middle of things, with no idea of what to do, but tinker around with it, and you'll find a rewarding combo system, with clever (albeit irreverant) humor and dialog. Plus the soundtrack is great. Expand
  27. Nick
    Jan 8, 2008
    God Hand is criminally underrated -- quite frankly I'm embarrassed for Roper's now infamous 3/10 score. The game not only captures the fun of classic beat 'em ups (as noted by James here), but it surpasses it. Like one of Capcom's earlier titles, Resident Evil 4 (yes I know God Hand was technically developed by Clover; put a sock in it), the camera is fixed behind the God Hand is criminally underrated -- quite frankly I'm embarrassed for Roper's now infamous 3/10 score. The game not only captures the fun of classic beat 'em ups (as noted by James here), but it surpasses it. Like one of Capcom's earlier titles, Resident Evil 4 (yes I know God Hand was technically developed by Clover; put a sock in it), the camera is fixed behind the character's back. Also like Resident Evil 4, the game features an unorthodox control scheme; it's frustrating to get the hang of but incredibly rewarding once mastered. And master it you must, even if you play it on easy mode. Beware, folks: God Hand ain't for sissies. The difficulty level is completely dynamic; on normal mode, it fluctuates between 1, 2, 3, and DIE (1 for suckers; DIE for masters). If you take a beating, the enemy level drops; if you dish one out, the enemy level rises. In its difficulty, its over-the-top moves, its humor, and awesomely bad dialog, God Hand is like gaming of yore. If you're searching for a slow, plodding game riddled with unskippable cutscenes, avoid this game at all costs. If you don't think games are Serious Business and want something fun and challenging, pick up God Hand. Expand
  28. DanL.
    Jan 3, 2008
    The graphics arent good, but Godhand more than makes up for it by being a really funny and challenging game. It's awesome!
  29. AdamS.
    Sep 21, 2007
    One of the finest and funniest scolling beat-em-ups ever, frankly. Any game with the line "I'm Alexander the Great!" deserves a gold star.
  30. DylanP.
    Sep 5, 2007
    Sure, there's not a lot of polish here. It doesn't matter; you'll be too busy enjoying beating the ever-loving crap out of everything in sight. Easily one of the most pure fun games on PS2. Well worth the 20 bucks it'll run you--in fact, it's a better 20 dollar game than God of War or Kingdom Hearts 2.
  31. ZachL.
    Mar 18, 2007
    I spent 18 hours playing this game on hard mode, and I am impressed. It's sad that companies are actively staying away from making hard games, like Battle Toads. This game is great and the best game I played since RE4. Pick it up.
  32. ThomasW.
    Jan 20, 2007
    This game's a gem. It's nothing too deep, no pretentions; God Hand is just a fun, challenging game about brawling. If you can dig that, then you'll love it.
  33. JamesG.
    Oct 17, 2006
    This is probably the most fun I've had playin a beat em up since streets of rage. It captures all the fun of the early 90's games with over the top moves and other moves that will just make you laugh. There are some elements to the game that are frustrating, for example when you go through three quarters of the level only to be defeated then have to redo the whole thing. It can This is probably the most fun I've had playin a beat em up since streets of rage. It captures all the fun of the early 90's games with over the top moves and other moves that will just make you laugh. There are some elements to the game that are frustrating, for example when you go through three quarters of the level only to be defeated then have to redo the whole thing. It can turn into some button bashing, but you still have to think about it the majority of the time. The game doesn't warrant 9 or 10 in my eyes, which are left to games which are near perfect rather than a tongue-in-cheek effort to re-create whats missing from so many beat-em-ups. Overall i feel its a truly rewarding game, just challenging enough, but not too hard and if you don't take your gaming too seriously this is a fun and addictive game. Expand
  34. AaronM.
    Oct 11, 2006
    Terrific game so far. I picked it up and played it for about 5 hours straight! Haven't done that in awhile. Great fighting and very weird and hilarious!
  35. OverburN
    Sep 20, 2006
    God of War, Street Fighter, Devil May Cry.... all in one. With this said, let me go into details, in this game you will probably be doing alot more button mashing than formulating combos, but combos can be achieved. It is more hand-to-hand combat with the ability to pick up weapons and wail on opponents. It is very fast paced action and all moves can be initiated very quickly, such as God of War, Street Fighter, Devil May Cry.... all in one. With this said, let me go into details, in this game you will probably be doing alot more button mashing than formulating combos, but combos can be achieved. It is more hand-to-hand combat with the ability to pick up weapons and wail on opponents. It is very fast paced action and all moves can be initiated very quickly, such as dodging, which you should do alot. The entire right thumbstick is dedicated to dodging styles. One thing this game has over the other three games I named is the camera. This game puts you right there with the action, Resident Evil 4 closeness. I love everything about this game and am prepared to give it a 10, but giving credit to awesome stories put into other games, I have to let this one fall -1 for a lack thereof. Expand
  36. Jan 15, 2013

#8 Most Discussed PS2 Game of 2006
#1 Most Shared PS2 Game of 2006

1. The sound is truly what sets it apart from the rest. From the crazy background sounds you get after some Techniques, to the insanely hilarious dialogue you get in cutscenes, the sound is what kept me going until the end. [JPN Import]
  2. Official U.S. Playstation Magazine
    Still, God Hand is a guilty pleasure in that it's so embarrassingly poor in its basic design, yet totally awesome in its combat. [Nov. 2006, p.118]
    It's more suited as a light snack and won't satisfy your hunger for a gourmet feat of beat-em-up goodness. [Nov 2006, p.93]