• Publisher: SCEA
  • Release Date: Mar 13, 2007
8.8

1. May 7, 2012
    The best God of War game in the franchise to date.
  2. DevinC.
    Mar 14, 2007
    The sequel is a true winner with awesome combat style, stimulating graphics, and an impressive storyline. The Gods of Olympus may have betrayed Kratos, but the Gods of this action packed sequel will be forever honored.
  3. DorianL
    Oct 26, 2009
    This game is truly a great game. The Puzzles are a bit annoying but in all its a great puzzle experience. The combat on the other hand is outradeous i love the cenematic gameplay it produces and the boss fights are crazy. A ten all the way.
  4. marcbrown
    Mar 13, 2007
    I am older (35)... I am old school (used to have to walk miles in the snow to get laundromat quarters to play Asteroids) ... I am jaded (wanna vomit when I read about GTA on PS3)... I am fed up (Tiger Woods '0whateva, FF Whateva, SOCOM'onthiz already)... I am forever cynical, an admitted Critacaholic-born & raised sarcastic, prick, New Yawker.... But.... I hate to sayI am older (35)... I am old school (used to have to walk miles in the snow to get laundromat quarters to play Asteroids) ... I am jaded (wanna vomit when I read about GTA on PS3)... I am fed up (Tiger Woods '0whateva, FF Whateva, SOCOM'onthiz already)... I am forever cynical, an admitted Critacaholic-born & raised sarcastic, prick, New Yawker.... But.... I hate to say it.... A Born again BELIEVER.... God of War II is Good..... THAT GOOD.... Get baptized brothers & sisters... Once in awhile; -it's great to know-, that they still can make games that are a FRIGGIN' BLAST to play....... (9.5/10) Expand
  5. DanielH.
    Mar 13, 2007
    Amazing game, it is even better than the first. Now I will start eagerly anticipating the 3rd on the PS3.
  6. MohamedI.
    Mar 14, 2007
    Highly anticipated PS2 Games Released With all new combat system magic and New Ability Makes God of War 2 benchmark on PS2 most wanted games. Nice story moved game everyone love this game. Go buy it play it, it worth for your money.
  7. BillyB.
    Mar 18, 2007
    The best game I've ever played. The only reason I still have a PS2 was to wait for this game and it lived up to my expectations.
  8. Ryan
    Mar 12, 2007
    Better than the original! and that's saying a lot! My only problems are the enemy AI and combat system, like the first game, they can be pretty simple and not too challenging on the normal difficulty. Sony should take a cue from the Devil May Cry games if it wants to improve the enemy AI. Nontheless, I love this even more than DMC!
  9. ChiemmyO.
    Mar 14, 2007
    Awesome in every sense of the word. This game will definitely go down in history as a landmark in gaming. For all gamers out there. Go and play.
  10. EricP.
    Mar 14, 2007
    All I have to say is run to the store and get your copy. Amazing graphics, great playing, this sequel is unbelievable.
  11. LoayN.
    Mar 15, 2007
    This is by far the best game ever! I spent 1 hour playing it and I'm beyond impressed! MUCH MUCH better than part 1, right from the start you're fighting GODS! Can't stop loving it!
  12. MattB
    Mar 19, 2007
    Perfect. Simply perfect. If you like video games, you'll like this game. I will probably play this 10 times over before it starts to get boring.
  13. JamieT.
    Mar 21, 2007
    An extremely amazing game that left me wanting more. A little short but still an amazing game.
  14. MikeC.
    Mar 22, 2007
    Just played through this game, and it is more amazing than the first, more memorable moments, more huge combos, more great boss battles, and overall an amazing game. Quite possibly the greatest action game I have ever played, I get goosebumps thinking about some of the moments in the game, it's just that great. It obviously not for kids, but everybody else should experience this Just played through this game, and it is more amazing than the first, more memorable moments, more huge combos, more great boss battles, and overall an amazing game. Quite possibly the greatest action game I have ever played, I get goosebumps thinking about some of the moments in the game, it's just that great. It obviously not for kids, but everybody else should experience this masterpeice, summing up what an amazing console the PS2 was. Expand
  15. Sammy
    Mar 28, 2007
    I just finished the game today, and not a moment of the game could slow down the incredible feeling of excitement this game gives you. It may very well be the greatest game I've ever played. The story is great, the action is perfect, and the puzzles will keep you thinking the whole way through. If you own a PS2 and don't buy this game, then shame on you.
  16. ZackC.
    Mar 29, 2007
    Kind of like the first one, however, you might be forgetting that the first one was one of the greatest games ever. Plus in this one you have a better storyline and more combos. The PS2 could be going down with its greatest game ever.
  17. PeterParker
    Mar 31, 2009
    This is the best game I've EVER played.actually I think it's literally legendary!the puzzles,the combat system,the graphics,everything would get you attached to your seat playing from the first to the last moment of the game,I don't think it deserves anything less than a perfect 10!!
  18. Apr 27, 2011
    10/10 = Masterpiece = One of the greatest action games of all-time. This game is pure genius. Six words "Epic Sky Battle With Flying Pegasus"!!
  19. HassanC.
    Apr 1, 2007
    GOD of war 2 trumps the original in every way possible, the combat system which i thought was lacking in the first is much better in 2. the story is fat more epic and the set pieces rival anything the ps3 has to offer... get this game... Sony have done a outstanding job congrats.
  20. FerasD.
    Jul 24, 2007
    Great game & i hope there is a third part of it.
  21. DericB.
    Feb 1, 2008
    Much better than the first game! Graphics were truly impressive. Gameplay was better and well rounded compared to first game. Still a linear action game, not truly an adventure game like Castlevania/Metroid. You can fully power up weapons which was a problem in the first game. Enemy bosses and levels are more memorable and interesting. Not sure why this one doesn't get higher marks Much better than the first game! Graphics were truly impressive. Gameplay was better and well rounded compared to first game. Still a linear action game, not truly an adventure game like Castlevania/Metroid. You can fully power up weapons which was a problem in the first game. Enemy bosses and levels are more memorable and interesting. Not sure why this one doesn't get higher marks than the first, it deserves better. Expand
  22. LokiT.
    Mar 15, 2007
    This is quite easily one of the best games I have EVER played. It one ups the first one by a factor of ten, it has better cut scenes, better acting, better story, better action sequences, puzzles, etc. The graphics look better than most next gen games I have seen. This is worth buying a component video cable for. In fact, it's a must for the game. You will not be disappointed.
  23. MarcD.
    Mar 17, 2007
    The gameplay is tigher paced and more addictive than the original. The art direction is simply beautiful and breath taking. The soundtrack has an epic feel to it. The voice acting for Kratos is spot on. I would have given it a 10...but the graphics are starting to show their age. But that's no fault of the developers...they pushed the aging hardware to the limit. An amazing and The gameplay is tigher paced and more addictive than the original. The art direction is simply beautiful and breath taking. The soundtrack has an epic feel to it. The voice acting for Kratos is spot on. I would have given it a 10...but the graphics are starting to show their age. But that's no fault of the developers...they pushed the aging hardware to the limit. An amazing and must-have game for the PS2. What a swansong. Expand
  24. Nelson
    Mar 18, 2007
    I was extremely scared to play this game (b/c I had no idea how the hell they would top the 1st one) but they did the job and made one of the best games ever! It has more of everything, improves upon the weapons (and makes them even sicker), and gives you boss battles so relentlessly difficult you'll scream out bloody murder... even when you get to the end, you won't believe the I was extremely scared to play this game (b/c I had no idea how the hell they would top the 1st one) but they did the job and made one of the best games ever! It has more of everything, improves upon the weapons (and makes them even sicker), and gives you boss battles so relentlessly difficult you'll scream out bloody murder... even when you get to the end, you won't believe the awesome surprise you'll receive and the satisfying "ending" that unfolds. Its probably best that I warn you to get a PS3 within the next 2 years to avoid disappointment (when you beat the game you'll see what I mean). PS2 owners rejoice, B/c the PS2 is going out w/ a BANG! Expand
  25. StephanieO.
    Apr 2, 2007
    Just like the one before it, this game is seriously twisted and beautiful to watch. I felt like I was watching a movie that had me on the edge of the couch for hours. Wish I could have played it on a big screen.
  26. spot-onZiga
    Jun 27, 2007
    This I see as the best game ever, it is worth every penny.
  27. ColinC
    Jun 29, 2008
    Wow. It's almost three years into the xbox 360 and two years for the ps3 and wii, all of which I own. And now, I've just got around to playing god of war 2 for the ps2. And I'm blown away. THe graphics are good enough (amazing for the ps2), that they don't get blown away by the newer generation machines. (Obviously, not as good, but still a beautiful game.) But theWow. It's almost three years into the xbox 360 and two years for the ps3 and wii, all of which I own. And now, I've just got around to playing god of war 2 for the ps2. And I'm blown away. THe graphics are good enough (amazing for the ps2), that they don't get blown away by the newer generation machines. (Obviously, not as good, but still a beautiful game.) But the gameplay and story rival that of the very best of the new generation. If you missed this game on the ps2, pick it up. It's really wet my appetite to see what the Santa Monica studio can do with the power of the ps3. Expand
  28. SashaG
    Jan 8, 2009
    Best game I ever played on the PS2 -the graphics and sound design are such high quality, it sometimes seems its being played on a PS3. The way the viewpoint changes is really cinematic, and I think the difficulty levels in normal mode are just right. Great tribute to Greek Mythology. Excellent game.
  29. FPSmaster
    Mar 15, 2007
    Best all around game on the market right now. Even though it is a PS2 game, it out plays, out controls, out stories, out animates, out voices and out musics anything else on the market including next gen games. It will not get any better than this on PS2. For PS3 owners, it looks disappointing graphically although the art direction and presentation steps all over anything else on a next Best all around game on the market right now. Even though it is a PS2 game, it out plays, out controls, out stories, out animates, out voices and out musics anything else on the market including next gen games. It will not get any better than this on PS2. For PS3 owners, it looks disappointing graphically although the art direction and presentation steps all over anything else on a next gen console. It still looks like a PS2 game though with no textures and low res everything and is very, very jagged and blurry since you can not run it higher than 480p like we were once promised as PS3 owners. It kind of sucks that we spent $600 on a console and were promised we would be able to use its resolution capabilities with this game and we end up seeing it the exact same way as $130 PS2 owners do. Get it for everything but graphics and there's no possible way you won't be impressed. It does look good enough though that it gives you an idea of how much graphical ass the third one kick on PS3. If you don't find a way to play this, hang up your gaming hat. Expand
  30. ChrisA.
    Mar 20, 2007
    This game is amazing. If you liked Lord of The Rings, or Prince of Persia, this game combines their styles and is better than both. FINALLY, someone figured out how to do proper 3rd person controls fo the PS2. This game completely restores faith to the console platform for even the most hardcore PC gamers.
  31. RandyM.
    Mar 20, 2007
    God of War II is Sony's newest masterpiece. It shows you that you don't need fancy PS3 hardware to make a good game. With intense action and astounding graphics, this is the game to buy for your PS2.
  32. HunterS.
    Apr 21, 2007
    I can't express how great this game is, but I would say this: It is one of the greatest games in video gaming history. Its only problem, however, is the feeling that you have done this before, since the core gameplay is mostly the same as the first one. But make no mistake about it; it beats God of War in every category you can think of (just when thought the graphics can
  33. SYC
    Apr 2, 2007
    Outstanding and epic action adventure sequel that completely outdoes the already excellent original. A better game experience than anything on offer from the next generation of systems currently available too.
  34. Mike
    Aug 31, 2007
    This waited game impressed me since its outstanding presentation. Game Mechanics are solid and control is fluid. I haven't played the first game yet.
  35. TomM.
    Mar 15, 2007
    Absolutely awesome. Cinematics are near high def, the controls are tight and responsive. This game even looks great on the PS3 console. Everything looks and works the way a video game should. The storyline will keep you captivated. The only down side I can think of is that there is sometimes a black out delay going between gameplay and cut scenes which is kind of irritating especially Absolutely awesome. Cinematics are near high def, the controls are tight and responsive. This game even looks great on the PS3 console. Everything looks and works the way a video game should. The storyline will keep you captivated. The only down side I can think of is that there is sometimes a black out delay going between gameplay and cut scenes which is kind of irritating especially since it is so easy to get "involved" in this game, but it is very minimal compared to everything else. My only question, why can other developers produce quality like this? Expand
  36. Tonydannie
    Mar 19, 2007
    Hands down a great send off to the PS2. Fantastic Story, Great Graphics and amazing score. If you are one of those who like to beat games in less then 10 hours(straight) Get a life. You want to enjoy this game as much as you can before it ends and we begin the wait for Kratos to grace the next Gen.
  37. RyanO.
    Mar 20, 2007
    Very fun tons of brutal kills lots of gore and blood and very good graphics but it just seem's too much like the last one
  38. FOJAKV
    Mar 23, 2007
    Wow!! Impressive, it´s a must have. Sincerely is a 9.5, the graphics, the action, cinematics, are great. Hoping this quality games move the ground to the next gen systems. Forget any PS3 trash games, this is one of the best action / adventure games ever made, period. A great goodbye PS2 game.
  39. JayG.
    Apr 4, 2007
    GOW2 deserves a 10: -Graphics: it's better looking than any game on the PS2, and even looks better than a few games on the PS3. In terms of lighting, framerate, character models and movements, it's, for lack of a better word: brilliant. Just look at the scene where he's riding the Pegasus to the Island of the Fates and when he kills those gryphons. -Music: is thrilling, a GOW2 deserves a 10: -Graphics: it's better looking than any game on the PS2, and even looks better than a few games on the PS3. In terms of lighting, framerate, character models and movements, it's, for lack of a better word: brilliant. Just look at the scene where he's riding the Pegasus to the Island of the Fates and when he kills those gryphons. -Music: is thrilling, a sweeping epic score that puts most movies to shame. -Voice Acting: is great and doesn't sound forced (as in, the script writers aren't trying to be overly clever or archaic, which would make the voice acting sound silly). -Story: starts off with a bang and ends with a louder bang. This isn't like the first GOW where we have a long, drawn out story of Kratos' past. Rather, it's all about his present anger and thirst for vengence. Also, the use of Greek myth (for those who like this stuff like me) is a bonus, because you'll meet a lot of familiar characters, monsters and get to see a lot of familiar places. -Pacing/Puzzles: never gets bogged down and there's a fair bit of puzzle play thrown in to balance things out. -Gameplay Mechanics: GOW2 has the single best battle system of any game ever created. It's lightning fast and there's so many different moves and weapons which allow for great variety. If you think it's an easy game, that's because you haven't tried it on the more difficult modes. -The Golden Fleece power-up enhances the experience by giving you awesome counter-attacks, which also boosts the frenzied pace of the gameplay because you need to keep countering on the higher difficulty levels (I started the game on hard difficulty, and when fighting bosses I had to keep counter-attacking to survive). -Bosses: the scope of the boss battles is HUGE! I couldn't wait to encounter each new boss because they made it just that fun, from Theseus to the Barbarian King to the end bosses. And the way Kratos kills them all brings a tear of insanity to my eyes. -Trust me fellow gamers who haven't yet made this purchase: forget what everyone's saying (including me) and just go out and buy this game. You can rent it first, but that'll be a waste of money since you'll soon buy it anyway. -One of the top console games of all time. Expand
  40. JordanAmazing
    Apr 7, 2007
    This is an excellent game, one of the best I've ever played. Even the graphics surprised me, because I played it on my PS3 and I thought it was a PS3 game. The puzzles got kind of annoying, I had to use a guide online for some of them. The ending was somewhat good and somewhat bad. I really wanted to kill Zeus, but the ending just made me want to reserve the GOW3 next year.
  41. JustinG.
    May 24, 2007
    Amazing combat,puzzles, and more!
  42. DanD.
    May 31, 2007
    Best Game on PS2! Graphics, sound, gameplay, story, all brilliant! There's some truly jaw-dropping moments. Go Buy!!
  43. FisherS.
    May 7, 2007
    Superb! This game is apsolutely amazing. It contains the mixture of action, adventure and logical puzzle in a perfect ratio.
  44. AaronF.
    May 8, 2007
    Bob Bob is dead wrong. this is the best game I have ever played! Finally a great sequel.
  45. JasonC.
    Jun 14, 2007
    Just a hair less enjoyable than the original, and it seemed a little short to me. Maybe I just played it too much all at once.
  46. Helios
    Jun 14, 2007
    The best way to describe this is 'more of the same'. If you hated the original, this won't change your mind. But if you loved the original, buy it now dammit!
  47. BennG.
    Jun 15, 2007
    Oh My Life!!! I Mean really. WOW! Whoever game this 0/10 should be executed, thats like saying Final Fantasy 7 wasn't enjoyable, or that Terminator 2 was a crap sequel.. Indeed all lies that should carry prison sentences. What a truly Beautiful game, More than just violent, the player can actually feel the Brutality of what is happening on screen in what is ,bar-none, PS2's Oh My Life!!! I Mean really. WOW! Whoever game this 0/10 should be executed, thats like saying Final Fantasy 7 wasn't enjoyable, or that Terminator 2 was a crap sequel.. Indeed all lies that should carry prison sentences. What a truly Beautiful game, More than just violent, the player can actually feel the Brutality of what is happening on screen in what is ,bar-none, PS2's Finest Computer Game. Long, Epic, Gorgeous to behold God of War 2 Has not only upgraded its illustrious preddeccessor, But trampled all over it completely. Simply Stunning! Well acted, Exciting to play and watch played (Now that is rare). Such grand journeys into the unknown are rare to find these days, while games, and films, portray modern day, or sci fi, affairs, God Of War brings the great Myths of Old to life In what must be one of the greatest VIdeo Games Ever made. Edge Magazine gave this 7/10!! Well screw them, they have overly high standards, and are way too precise on all technical features of games and not what makes the game a memorable experience. Actually that still should have garnered this full marks. Kratos laughs at all that disbelieve the glory of this game, and I laugh too, Climb out of your holes and find in you the imagination that can truly appreciate what this is doing Phenomenal. Expand
  48. MarkC.
    Jun 22, 2007
    This is the best game I have ever played on PS2. It's breathtaking from start to finish.
  49. SachinS.
    Aug 21, 2007
    Best game ever. There is so much action! The weapons are my favorite! Only one bad thing There are invisible walls everywhere! But, other than that is is awsome. easily my favorite game series.
  50. MikeG.
    Aug 27, 2007
    i love this game. Have beat it ont normal and hard. am currently trying titan.I have NEVER tried to beat a game 3 times.Controls feel so good, however right now i cannot get past the monitors at theous (or whatever his name is). never played gow 1 and never want to.
  51. JesseB.
    Mar 28, 2008
    This game is one of the best in the world and I hope to see more games like it. Go Broncos
  52. TheBigmac
    Aug 26, 2007
    One of the best games ever. A worthy sequel. Memorable moments galore. Best graphics you will ever see on the ps2 and probably its best big game. Why th 9? just 2 gripes: 1, I loved the first on because it was about 70% battle, 30% puzzles. This on was more like 50-50 during most of the game, and 70% puzzles and 30% battle during the last quarter which in my opinion, ruined it a little. I One of the best games ever. A worthy sequel. Memorable moments galore. Best graphics you will ever see on the ps2 and probably its best big game. Why th 9? just 2 gripes: 1, I loved the first on because it was about 70% battle, 30% puzzles. This on was more like 50-50 during most of the game, and 70% puzzles and 30% battle during the last quarter which in my opinion, ruined it a little. I play god of war because I want to feel like I'm controlling a mean @ss spartan, not a mean....let's try and figure how the hell get out of here, spartan. Just my $0.02. Expand
  53. JoshuaM.
    Feb 21, 2008
    God of War II improved on the original in every way possible the characters, weapons, powers, moveset, enemies, bosses, and locations are all bigger and badder then the last. The only flaws with the game in my eyes was that the storyline didn't feel as epic as the first and it's realy just more of the same but that's being nitpicky.
  54. Tom
    Dec 23, 2008
    This is one of the most epic games you will play, not only on the PS2, but on any console. It pushs the PS2 beyond its known limits and the gameplay is some, if not,the best in its genre.
    This one game that will leave an impession. Bring on God Of War III.
  55. Apr 5, 2013
    A damn near perfect game. It's easily one of the greatest games ever. I'm not sure how Santa Monica topped themselves, but they did. The first was amazing and this is just even more so
  56. May 25, 2011
    This is what a sequel should be, bigger and better than the original in every way possible, the set pieces are epic, the story is interesting, the combat is once again flawless, the boss fights are more epic in scale, and the graphics are AMAZING!!! I'm amazed the PS2 is capable of these amazing visuals, the sound is just as good as the original, this game once again makes you feel like aThis is what a sequel should be, bigger and better than the original in every way possible, the set pieces are epic, the story is interesting, the combat is once again flawless, the boss fights are more epic in scale, and the graphics are AMAZING!!! I'm amazed the PS2 is capable of these amazing visuals, the sound is just as good as the original, this game once again makes you feel like a bad ass, my only complaint and the only thing keeping this from a perfect 10, is that it slows down the epic moments for a little while near the end of the game, but picks up the pace to awesome again later, but if you like the first one, you'll love this, it's better in every way. Expand
  57. May 16, 2011
    a fantasy made real. Best game on the console,it's a game the makes the ps2 proud in every way. With breath taking graphics,awesome boss battle and a combat system to die for it's definitely a 10/10
  58. Oct 27, 2011
    god of war II is a true masterpiece and a perfect example of a good sequel. It improves upon its predecessor in every way imaginable and proves a stellar experience which is remembered for years to come.
  59. Apr 10, 2013
    God of War 2 is one of the best action games to be made and is a significant improvement over the first game as it contains more content, is longer, a deeper storyline and a better character development. You will enjoy the sheer difficulty of the game, the improved battle system and new mechanics that revolve around the puzzle aspects of the game and you will enjoy the lush visuals thatGod of War 2 is one of the best action games to be made and is a significant improvement over the first game as it contains more content, is longer, a deeper storyline and a better character development. You will enjoy the sheer difficulty of the game, the improved battle system and new mechanics that revolve around the puzzle aspects of the game and you will enjoy the lush visuals that the game has as it brings out the best of what the PS2 can do. Expand
  60. Dec 29, 2011
    A great sequel, better than the original. The combat system is still a great button masher. One guy said prince of persia has a bad combat system and devil may cry is retarded... Well, prince of persia warrior within has a very good combat system (not as good as god of war's though) and devil may cry 3 has the best combat system I've ever seen, it's like the best hack'n'slash game. If youA great sequel, better than the original. The combat system is still a great button masher. One guy said prince of persia has a bad combat system and devil may cry is retarded... Well, prince of persia warrior within has a very good combat system (not as good as god of war's though) and devil may cry 3 has the best combat system I've ever seen, it's like the best hack'n'slash game. If you button mash on devil may cry 3, YOU WILL LOSE. It's really deep and requires skill, while god of war 2 even on the hardest modes is not that hard. It's one of the best games of PS2, anyway. Collapse
  61. Mar 29, 2014
    It sounds like nothing can step in front of Kratos. This time Sony and SCEA have succeeded to gave us more than we can imagine. That's how you wanna cause.
  62. Apr 4, 2012
    this is the best episode of the series god of war.Kratos back again with new powers such as golden fleece, amulet of moires and many other powers, but I regret that the enchainnement stops pas.ce which is extraordinary is the logical continuation of that God of War I ends with the death of Ares.il are also new powers and it is still good for fuchi terrace Giants. it deserves a 10/10.
  63. Dec 26, 2013
    One of the best PS2 games. One of gaming's most intense and engaging experiences. Gameplay will hook you. Epic soundtrack and story. Take this bloody and over-the-top journey!
  64. Mar 23, 2014
    Best PS2 game and best God of war in the serie. Period. Everything is perfect : The controls, the boss fights, the skills, the graphics ...

A must play.
  65. Feb 3, 2013
    This game is a major improvement over the first god of war. Better story, better graphics, more gore, more boobies, more bosses, and better weapons. The story in this game is execellent. In this game you really get to see emotions and what he will do to get revenge. There are a lot more characters in this game, a lot of recognizable Greek mythological characters. This game will make youThis game is a major improvement over the first god of war. Better story, better graphics, more gore, more boobies, more bosses, and better weapons. The story in this game is execellent. In this game you really get to see emotions and what he will do to get revenge. There are a lot more characters in this game, a lot of recognizable Greek mythological characters. This game will make you feel Badass as you slash through centaurs and minotaurs. The game play remains the same from the first god of war and is bit easier. The bosses in this game are just epic. They are all different and you come face to face with the one who made Kratos the way he is. Weapons are where this game excels. The blades of Athena. Look way better than the original blades and this time the main weapons are equal so you dont abandon the other ones. Kratos's new super mode is extremely awesome, and it does feel quite Awesome using it. The magic in this game is cool and notable. The music in this game is a little lacking though. The art design looks awesome especially the bosses. The characters of the game are great, not dull one around. This game is definitely a buy. However there is something really disgusting at the end, I won't say what but you will know when you get there Expand
  66. Mar 6, 2013
    Metacritic has announced God of War II to be the best PS2 game of 2007. I fully agree with this award. Of course the best days of the PS2 were almost over in 2007, but that doesn't change the fact that this is a great game. I think it's the best action game of the PS2/Xbox/Gamecube generation. The story is not as good as the first part but the developer has managed to make the gameplayMetacritic has announced God of War II to be the best PS2 game of 2007. I fully agree with this award. Of course the best days of the PS2 were almost over in 2007, but that doesn't change the fact that this is a great game. I think it's the best action game of the PS2/Xbox/Gamecube generation. The story is not as good as the first part but the developer has managed to make the gameplay even more intense. This is the PS2 game with the best graphics and the best gameplay. If you have a PS2 or PS3 (HD remakes of the God of War games were developed for the PS3) you should also have this game. Expand
  67. Jun 16, 2013
    ok the second part of god of war and it is even better than the first it comes back with better graphics better story great boss fights simply a masterpiece
  68. Sep 27, 2013
    God of War II is one hell of a game its one of the best looking games on the PS2, its gameplay is a bit better than the first game. The story is awesome, this game takes place after Kratos becomes the god of war. Kratos goes on a journey for vengence. Everything about this game is great.
  69. Sep 28, 2013
    "God of War II", he aquí una secuela que parece que tuvo la suficiente ambición como para superar la primera entrega de la saga que, ya por sí fue épica. Lo que digo es que "God of War II" es un juego divertidísimo y un cordial saludo a la generación PlayStation 2.
  70. Nov 20, 2013
    This is another terrific game of this series,it didn't change almost nothing from the first game,the story is almost the same(you must kill all the gods and not one),a great game just like the first one.
  71. Nov 9, 2013
    There's no real "in-depth" explanation that can be associated with reviewing this game.

All I can really analyze is what, besides the amazing use of Greek-lore and brutal combat system, makes the game's story its strong point. God of War II does what games today can not often comes close to. It makes the player WANT what Kratos wants. It gives the player Kratos' need for revenge.

God of War II does what games today can not often comes close to. It makes the player WANT what Kratos wants. It gives the player Kratos' need for revenge. This was the driving force behind myself playing this game. God of War II does an EXCELLENT job in making sure the gamer won't just play the story like it's a chore; they make the gamer WANT revenge. The most surprising thing about this is that they don't convey that need through an immense exchange and emphasis of Kratos' "inner feelings". They build up the desire through making the player hate every enemy, and their destruction through one of the most metal combat systems of the game's time. Of course, the main flaw in the game is it's repetitiveness during it's middle, but I'd easily recommend this game to anyone who prefers beat'em'ups.
    I'd rate this game an 8.5 if I could, but rounding up is the next best thing.
  72. Nov 22, 2013
    God of War II took action/adventure games to a brand new level by introducing more immerive gameplay, new powers, titan mode and some smart ass challenges. the game had a mild shiny tone in graphics which felt pleasing. longer to complete and some grappling's which are purely based on timings. the combat system and leveling up system is improved in GOW 2. truthfully the hardest game toGod of War II took action/adventure games to a brand new level by introducing more immerive gameplay, new powers, titan mode and some smart ass challenges. the game had a mild shiny tone in graphics which felt pleasing. longer to complete and some grappling's which are purely based on timings. the combat system and leveling up system is improved in GOW 2. truthfully the hardest game to complete in titan mode challenges i just love e'm :'D Expand
  73. Dec 9, 2013
    This game is just... oh my god the best game i have ever played in my PlayStation i mean seriously The best game he got everything:puzzle action combos a good story just.everything
  74. Apr 30, 2015
    Graphics are ok but found too much physical labor (beating up your controller) to fight bosses. Redundancies throughout game play. Fighting colossus beginning was the best part....
  75. Dec 29, 2011

God of War II may in fact be the best action game ever made. It outdoes the original God of War in every way.
    There are a few brilliant core improvements, such as the beautifully implemented grappling system that lets you swing around with your blades. But for the most part, the game's best features are context-specific things rather than features that change or improve the title as a whole...A stellar example of what can be done when a developer focuses on telling a story and lets that drive the game.
  3. It's not just one element that turned the game into a masterpiece, it's every element – the controls (perfection), world design (unbelievably creative), combat (exciting and challenging), and enemy selection (unreal) are just a few of the reasons why this is PS2’s best first-party release.