• Publisher: SCEA
  • Release Date: Mar 22, 2005
8.9

1. Sep 20, 2012
    (Translate from Portuguese into English)O começo do que seria a melhor trilogia que já joguei,tudo é perfeito nele (para a época),a batalha final é épica,Kratos conquistou uma legião de fãs com este jogo,acho que foi o jogo que mais vezes zerei.
  2. Feb 26, 2012
    This game was a startling surprise for it's day. A fresh and unique experience with a some-what interesting story, though. Gameplay was decent, and sometimes the game grew a little boring. Not the best game in the world, but still I enjoyed the game. I liked it actually. I'd recommend it.
  3. Feb 2, 2013
    I was reading the negative reviews of this game and its just like... Oh this game's music is horrible. Then turn the music off. "It's too hard and there is so much blood..." First of all games dont suck because there hard and this is god of war, there is tons of blood. No that that done with we can review this awesome game. The story is good but the game lacks a lot of cutscenes so youI was reading the negative reviews of this game and its just like... Oh this game's music is horrible. Then turn the music off. "It's too hard and there is so much blood..." First of all games dont suck because there hard and this is god of war, there is tons of blood. No that that done with we can review this awesome game. The story is good but the game lacks a lot of cutscenes so you will find you self a few hours brefor something happens. The game presents it self well though. The music is awesome not much to complain about, The gameplay is superb and the QTE's can be hard but are extremely satisfying. The blades of chaos are extremely good but late game you will prbabaly ditch them for the artemis sword. The puzzles will get you thinking. The magic isnt really that notable becuase you use it when its needed. The graphics are ok but its ps2 game y'know? Kratos is an extremely deep and badass character while the supporting characters, um support. The only notable characters are Kratos, athena, and Ares who has an epic flame beard by the way. The game is worth renting, as its not that notable but if you really like it buy it. The bosses all have a puzzle to solve in order to beat them, like the hydra boss you have to impale each head when you down it. However ares is the boss you really want to fight. The diffculty isnt to bad but the part in underworld is frustrating as hell. The art design is completly good, you will feel like your in ancient greece. And did i mention theres is a sex minigame and boobies! So if you like boobs, sex blood and gore, hack and slash, and flame beards than this game is for you Expand
  4. Jul 27, 2011
    Full disclosure: I am playing this game on the PlayStation 3, as part of the "God of War Collection" which includes both "God of War" and "God of War 2" upgraded to HD visuals. I'm writing the review here because they are two separate games and deserve their own analysis. Also, I am playing the game for the very first time, as I never owned a PS2. Fist off, I love the game. IFull disclosure: I am playing this game on the PlayStation 3, as part of the "God of War Collection" which includes both "God of War" and "God of War 2" upgraded to HD visuals. I'm writing the review here because they are two separate games and deserve their own analysis. Also, I am playing the game for the very first time, as I never owned a PS2. Fist off, I love the game. I absolutely love it. So why am I taking away two points and giving it an 8 instead of a 10? Well, a 10 is damn near unattainable. To get that score, a game would have to be as amazing as "God of War" is, but without some of its flaws.

The first flaw is the camera. Players may not have had any issues with this at the time of the game's release, but they really should have. As your character, Kratos, moves throughout his environment, the camera is not static, but it is not dynamic either. It actually travels on rails, following Kratos around and often times delivering a very beautiful and cinematic angle from which to view the action. The problem is, that when battles ensue, (and ensue they do!) it is often impossible to see enemies on the periphery of the environment because the camera is too zoomed in, or positioned such that the player needs to lead the enemies to an area where they can get a good clean view of them. If you don't do this, you may get your ass kicked, even though you are fighting enemies you are otherwise fully capable of defeating easily.

So how could the developers have dealt with this? Simple, there are plenty of games that zoom out when a battle takes place, and that is what should have happened here. I have no problem with the cinematic angles. In fact, I love them when they are not hindering the battle sequences. Its unfortunate that this is as big of a problem as it is and because of it I have to knock off a point.

The second problem is the battle controls. That's right, the battle controls. How can I complain about everyone's favorite part of "God of War?" Well, I'm not actually complaining. I am actually pointing out something that is factual and non-objective; that the controls don't always work. They don't always work for a few reasons. One, I wish that the player had the ability to target a specific enemy, or "lock-on" to one of them, rather than just generally steer the left thumb-stick toward the desired target. In defense of the game, the defensive maneuver does seem to work regardless of which direction Kratos is being attacked from. This means that as long as the player is blocking, the enemy attack will be effectively blocked regardless of if the enemy attacks Kratos' front or back. I think the developer stayed away from the lock-on, probably because they were worried about it hindering the games combo system. Fair enough reason, but there are many games (Batman Arkham Asylum) which have great combo systems intact, even with a fantastic targeting system. This could have also been dealt with by allowing Kratos to score hits on enemies next to the ones he is targeting. Oh well, for whatever reason this was not to be.

The second flaw in the controls is the often mentioned mini-games or quick-time events which serve to initiate finishing moves. After an enemy takes a certain amount of damage, a prompt appears on the screen letting the player know that that enemy is now vulnerable to a finishing move. The moves are usually extremely cool, elaborate, violent, and fun to do. The problem is that the game very often does not register that the player is hitting the prompt button, and the finishing move becomes impossible to initiate. Together, these control flaws are enough to warrant another point off for me. They make an otherwise superb game frustrating.

Altogether, Kratos' first adventure is absolute stunner. Even with an 8 of 10 rating, the game remains a must play. It is stunning in its beauty even all these years after its original release. As far as a piece of art, it is perhaps a 9 or 9.5 out of 10, but due to some technical failures, the final is really no higher than an 8. Sorry Kratos, but that's as honest as a player can be.
  5. Mar 18, 2013
    You buy a PS2 for reasons like this. Everything about this game is awesome. About 8 years after its initial release and it's still fun as ever. 2 or 3 problems but that's it
  6. Apr 23, 2011
    If your looking for adventure, puzzle, and great combat, look no further. This is a fantastic game in all respects - it keeps you hooked from beginning to end. The pure scale of the environment is enough to warrant a purchase - the environment is vast and engaging. The difficulty level is perfectly tuned, the puzzles are difficult but not frustrating, and the battle scenes are intense andIf your looking for adventure, puzzle, and great combat, look no further. This is a fantastic game in all respects - it keeps you hooked from beginning to end. The pure scale of the environment is enough to warrant a purchase - the environment is vast and engaging. The difficulty level is perfectly tuned, the puzzles are difficult but not frustrating, and the battle scenes are intense and enjoyable in equal measure. All round God of War reaches near perfection and makes you really feel part of the Greek myth it emulates. It is true that there are minor issues with the fixed camera view, but this hardly detracts from the experience of the game as a whole. Also the game is a touch short ( can be finished in about 8 hours), but if you crank up the difficulty settings you soon realise that tactics are everything and the battle system requires skill and forethought. BUY IT Expand
  7. Oct 7, 2010
    This game is the best i have ever played awesome bosses, puzzles and especially awesome combat after playing all three GOWs this one is still the best because of the way it got me so hooked. I personall love greek mythology and think this presented it amazingly. The hydra was just awesome
  8. Apr 27, 2011
    9.5/10 = Incredible = Very clever in it's execution, and espiacially for game with so much blood, gore, and medusa boobs. One hell of an acton game!
  9. Mar 17, 2011
    This isn't one of the best games for the PS2 for nothing, I still can't believe the PS2 is capable of these kind of graphics, don't get me wrong there aged by todays standards but back then these were top notch, the sound track and voice work are PHENOMENAL!!! and the gameplay might be simple but the puzzles and combat are extremely satisfying, this really captures what I love most aboutThis isn't one of the best games for the PS2 for nothing, I still can't believe the PS2 is capable of these kind of graphics, don't get me wrong there aged by todays standards but back then these were top notch, the sound track and voice work are PHENOMENAL!!! and the gameplay might be simple but the puzzles and combat are extremely satisfying, this really captures what I love most about Greek mythology the sex and violence, this game makes you feel like a bad ass slicing your way through enemies with a giant sword, taking on giant bosses, avoiding deadly traps, satisfying maidens, and solving puzzles, and the story is awesome, by now your asking yourself if this is so perfect why didn't I give it a perfect 10? the only flaw I can find with this is the first boss fight, it's just boring, that flaw aside this is still one of the best games I've ever played, and a must own that's just shy of perfection. Expand
  10. Dec 11, 2011
    A lot of people say this is a button masher. Um ok? Well sure, if you sit there and mash the button. The same can be said about any game. That doesn't mean you're playing the game properly at all though. If you know how to play a beat 'em up properly and you understand the type of gameplay that's being utilized, you will love this game. The combos are interesting, each useful in varyingA lot of people say this is a button masher. Um ok? Well sure, if you sit there and mash the button. The same can be said about any game. That doesn't mean you're playing the game properly at all though. If you know how to play a beat 'em up properly and you understand the type of gameplay that's being utilized, you will love this game. The combos are interesting, each useful in varying situations, the leveling system is well implemented, the rate at which you unlock new weapons and abilities is very well done, and there's even a bit of exploration, although it's usually very simplistic and obvious. Those are the reasons I play the game, but there's also an added bonus of an interesting story, lore, and characters, as well as stunning visual effects. Expand
  11. Jan 12, 2013
    Even if I do admire this game for its technologic standards and detail programming, story and combat system, I really never liked this game. I'll be really honest: the game is excellent graphically and the combat is still good, and the story is very well done and it's not there just to make an appearance. But still...the game is a big button masher, with just pressing one or two buttonsEven if I do admire this game for its technologic standards and detail programming, story and combat system, I really never liked this game. I'll be really honest: the game is excellent graphically and the combat is still good, and the story is very well done and it's not there just to make an appearance. But still...the game is a big button masher, with just pressing one or two buttons everytime, with almost no tactics or thought in the process. There aren't many weapons either, but even then you'll just use one or two tops, because it's always a button mashing game. The good thing is that the game has also puzzles inside and they are actually done very good and I had a lot of fun trying to solve them, even if not many. Second: the game has almost no replayabilty whatsoever. You finish the game once, and there's nothing else to do (except the 10 room challenge thingie). It's not a short game sure...but even Devil May Cry had much more longevity and secrets in comparison! I just expected more content from a game that apparently they say it's perfect, yet once you finish there's just nothing else to do, except restart on another difficulty (which is a cheap way to say "it's longer because it's harder"). And third, which isn't a real flaw, but more of a thought...I think the game is just very admired because of the gore. Let's be honest, everybody loves to rip enemies apart and even I enjoyed tear my enemies in pieces. But that gets tiring and, in all honesty, it's not impressive, and yet this is one of the core details of the game and probably one of the main reasons why it's loved so much (apart the good story, which IS good and has a nice twist, even if predictable). Personally, this game is not meant for me: it didn't leave an impression to me and the lack of content didn't make me want to restart the game, getting dust on the shelf once I finished it. It Is an impressive game for its time and if you're very curious about this game, you could give it a look. Just don't spend full price on it though. It's not worth the entire price. Expand
  12. Jul 11, 2011
    Epic masterpiece, Kratos is even more monster than the brutality. The slick control is smooth and brilliant. Bloody,incredible and bold just wish more heroes had this kind of sense of humor.
  13. Mar 8, 2013
    God of war is a good action game and while there are better action games it is still worth a ride.
  14. Jun 24, 2011
    absolutely amazing!!! i thing the people who are calling this a hack'n slash should first play this game and then look at the depth of its combat. great graphics,slick story and a great overall package...
  15. Dec 19, 2013
    I am writing this review in 2013. I just played God of War for the first time, 8 years after its initial release.

God of War is probably the most immature critically-acclaimed game I've ever played. Early on I noticed a pattern. If I see a man, he will soon die a bloody death in front of me. If I see a woman, and she has a shirt on, she will soon die a bloody death in front of me. If I see a woman and she does not have a shirt, she might make multiple appearances throughout the game (each time, with no shirt, for why else would a recurring female character exist in a testosterone-dominated game like this?) but she almost certainly will not die. If I see a monster approximately my size, I will kill it within seconds. And if I see a monster 100X my size, I will kill it, but only after a long, epic boss battle.

Don't get me wrong, I understand the appeal of all of this to an extent. 300 is one of my guilty-pleasure movies, and there are certainly a lot of comparisons to be made between God of War and 300. These are unfair comparisons, of course, because GoW was released prior to 300. While I'm making unfair comparisons, I'd like to say that I didn't find the gameplay of God of War all that appealing, because I just kept thinking, "The combat in Arkham Asylum is so much better." And of course, while the visuals in God of War were no doubt epic for their time, they don't compare at all to the likes of, say, Uncharted or Bioshock Infinite.

So I guess what I'm trying to say is that God of War did not age well, in my humble opinion. In fact, it may have pulled a Benjamin Button, because it seems very immature from where I'm sitting, in my post-Spec Ops: The Line, post-Flower, and post-Gone Home world. That sounded really pretentious, let's try again. God of War was no doubt great for its time, but as time marches on, it becomes clear that God of War, like the rest of us, is merely mortal.
  16. Oct 17, 2011
    unbelievable, kudos to david jaffe and team , what an exhilarating experience, gripping and addictive, u can not stop untill u end it, u just get inside the character so much that if he is hurt , u feel the pain.
    Wow what a play !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  17. Nov 16, 2011
    God of War is an amzing game that does not dissapoint. Everything is nearly flawless, the graphics are great for the PS2. The combat is very fluid and the best part of the game with many brutal kill animations. The plot holds out to be relatively strong with Kratos on a journey for vengeance. The set pieces are massive and detailed at the same time, God of War reaches epic proportions. TheGod of War is an amzing game that does not dissapoint. Everything is nearly flawless, the graphics are great for the PS2. The combat is very fluid and the best part of the game with many brutal kill animations. The plot holds out to be relatively strong with Kratos on a journey for vengeance. The set pieces are massive and detailed at the same time, God of War reaches epic proportions. The characters are all great too, especially Kratos. Kratos may be a cold-blooded killer but his tragic past makes you sympathize with him and he is a guy who you don't want mad at you. The only flaw is the platforming which can be a little irksome at times but not very. Overall, God of War is a great game to play, especially if you are into violence. "God of War" Score Breakdown: Presentation: 9.6, Graphics: 9.5, Sound: 9.5, Gameplay: 9.7, Lasting Appeal: 9.5. Verdict: 9.7 out of 10 "Amazing". Expand
  18. Sep 29, 2012
    God of War is an amazing video game which all Greek Myth fans, action fans and fans of violent bloody games will enjoy. The game has a casual length with a decent storyline, character and environmental setting. The music and sound effects are well made and go well with the game. Although not as refined as other action games, this game will surely suffice for any lack of action games youGod of War is an amazing video game which all Greek Myth fans, action fans and fans of violent bloody games will enjoy. The game has a casual length with a decent storyline, character and environmental setting. The music and sound effects are well made and go well with the game. Although not as refined as other action games, this game will surely suffice for any lack of action games you may of add and can start your journey into the rest of the series. Expand
  19. Dec 29, 2011
    Great game, but even at high difficulties it seems a bit repetitive and a pointless button mash. I mean, Devil may Cry has the best fighting system I've ever seen, and God Of War has a really great gameplay but it's not as deep, It feels more like a button mash. I'd give it an 8.5. Great game, after all, one of the best games of PS2.
  20. Mar 12, 2014
    The finest video game of the decade. The best story. The best gameplay and controls. I didn't like that kind of games before but this one makes me speechless.
  21. Nov 15, 2012
    Excellent game. It has a very good story, great gameplay, it's challenging, and it exceeds expectations for a hack and slash game. The only problem I had with the game is so few boss fights. I thought the minotaur and Ares fights were great and after watching what the studio had to cut out of the game, I kinda feel that they wanted to add more but they didn't have the budget. :(
  22. Jul 20, 2012
    While it's less smooth in terms of gameplay than the later titles, this is still probably my favorite in the series. I don't get why people are calling it such a short game. I've beaten it twice and both times took me over 8 hours, not including mistakes. It doesn't feel rushed or thrown together at all, I actually feel that Pandora's Temple is one of the most intriguing and well designedWhile it's less smooth in terms of gameplay than the later titles, this is still probably my favorite in the series. I don't get why people are calling it such a short game. I've beaten it twice and both times took me over 8 hours, not including mistakes. It doesn't feel rushed or thrown together at all, I actually feel that Pandora's Temple is one of the most intriguing and well designed areas in a videogame. Some of the segments toward the end can be very frustrating, is my only complaint. Expand
  23. Jun 20, 2012
    This Should be called God of PS2 Game ,because it's the best PS2 game ever .This Should be called God of PS2 Game ,because it's the best PS2 game ever .

.......................................................................................................................................................................................................................................
  24. Dec 26, 2013
    God of war started one bloodiest, goriest and over-the-top game series. Very satisfying and addictive gameplay. Epic music and story. Not much of a replay value and there could have been more boss fights.
  25. Nov 5, 2012
    "God of War" is a PS2 action-adventure game from the creator of "Twisted Metal Black". Based on Greek mythology, it tells the story of Kratos, a Spartan warrior in service of the Olympian Gods. As the game begins, he is tasked with one final assignment, the destruction of Ares, the God of War. The journey takes on a personal meaning for Kratos since Ares had tricked him into killing his"God of War" is a PS2 action-adventure game from the creator of "Twisted Metal Black". Based on Greek mythology, it tells the story of Kratos, a Spartan warrior in service of the Olympian Gods. As the game begins, he is tasked with one final assignment, the destruction of Ares, the God of War. The journey takes on a personal meaning for Kratos since Ares had tricked him into killing his own family. "God of War" starts with a highly-kinetic battle on a ship which acts as the opening tutorial level. Its action is comparable to "Devil May Cry" but it also features adventure elements and innovative on-screen button prompts. The involving story is mainly told through crisp, highly-detailed CGI cutscenes. Visually, the graphics and animation are impressive for a PS2 game. And the voice acting and Hollywood-esque musical score are superb. "God of War" proudly wears its 'M' rating on its shoulder. Its features nudity, sexual situations and graphic violence. Fans of fast-paced action and adventure will find much to enjoy in this first installment of the popular series. It's a terrific achievement and one of the PS2's best exclusives. 9.5 out of 10 Expand
  26. Mar 23, 2014
    This game was awesome back when it came out. The boss fights were awesome but there was not as many as player would have like but this has been fixed in God of War 2.
  27. Dec 22, 2012
    GRAPHICS perfect 10 -GAME PLAY perfect 10- STORY perfect 10-MUSIC perfect 10
    ---EPIC---
    GRAPHICS perfect 10 -GAME PLAY perfect 10- STORY perfect 10-MUSIC perfect 10
    ---EPIC---
    best game for ps2 and probably best game ever.you will be amazed by the big monsters and gods from the greec myth so many actions .the best story ever for a game ,every body say that this could be a hollywood film you will live in ancient history like never been with amazing sound track from Gerard Morino .....a must play game
  28. Aug 17, 2013
    A different beast entirely from the series' later entries. Kratos is a reasonably sympathetic Byronic Hero. The atmosphere intentionally invokes Ray Harryhausen films, and gives you an idea of what those films might have been like with blood n guts and all that good stuff. The dialogue can be clumsy in places, but otherwise the story is sound. Some puzzles are real headscratchers, whileA different beast entirely from the series' later entries. Kratos is a reasonably sympathetic Byronic Hero. The atmosphere intentionally invokes Ray Harryhausen films, and gives you an idea of what those films might have been like with blood n guts and all that good stuff. The dialogue can be clumsy in places, but otherwise the story is sound. Some puzzles are real headscratchers, while others you'll barely have to think about. The combat, arguably the main draw of the series, is certainly less complex in this one. It feels more like an action adventure game than a hack n slash (Devil May Cry, Ninja Gaiden, et all) as far as the combat is concerned, but there's still quite a lot of combo potential. Expand
  29. Jan 26, 2013
    Damn difficult game but still so awesome, good story, good fighting, everything is perfect, i have this game on PS3 re-mastered and its good never played in PS2 that shame but Graphics doesnt make a game, right?
  30. Feb 14, 2013
    This game is a must buy if you own a ps2 the story is amazing and even the graphics are still ''good'' for a game from 2005 the combat is really good this game is a masterpiece!
  31. Jul 9, 2013
    God of War is one of the most satisfying action games around. The story rooted in Greek mythology is awesome, as is the music. The gameplay is solid and intuitive, full of weapons to use and difficult challenges to conquer. The only issue with this game are the qte, which just suck. It's a great game in general.
  32. Mar 6, 2013
    This game is amazing. The gameplay is perfect, the story is great and you've just got to love Kratos, the main character. Many games have copied the gameplay of God of War and I think that says enough about the quality of it. The story is great, best in the series. The other God of War games have a decent story but the gameplay is even more extensive. Overal: if you like this genre, youThis game is amazing. The gameplay is perfect, the story is great and you've just got to love Kratos, the main character. Many games have copied the gameplay of God of War and I think that says enough about the quality of it. The story is great, best in the series. The other God of War games have a decent story but the gameplay is even more extensive. Overal: if you like this genre, you will love this game. If you don't like the genre, this game might change your mind. Expand
  33. Jun 16, 2013
    The best hack and slash game you'll play with amazing soundtrack and fantastic story also the characters in this game are good and you'll love every moment of gameplay Recommended
  34. Apr 30, 2013
    What can be said about one of the best hack ’n slash games ever made? Well, it’s a gorgeous game with some stunning and atmospheric graphics (even by today’s standards) which pulls you into the Greek mythological setting. Add to that some great sounds effects and you got a game that’s pleasing to the eyes and the ears. Though the music overall works well, it just seems to try way too hardWhat can be said about one of the best hack ’n slash games ever made? Well, it’s a gorgeous game with some stunning and atmospheric graphics (even by today’s standards) which pulls you into the Greek mythological setting. Add to that some great sounds effects and you got a game that’s pleasing to the eyes and the ears. Though the music overall works well, it just seems to try way too hard to be as bombastic as possible at times. This is particular noticeable when nothing is actually happening, which caused me more than once to wish the music would just take a diazepam and calm down a little.
    But the thing that really makes God of War the classic it has become, is the gameplay. Fluid combat against a multitude of enemies, great combos, intuitive controls, and some great, violent weaponry and godly magic, makes helping Kratos hack and slash his way through the levels in order to eventually defeat Ares in hope of getting rid of the nightmares and guilt that haunts him, an absolute joy. Along the way the action is broken up by some nice small, if not exactly intellectually overwhelming, puzzles, but they do a good job of pacing the game. Furthermore, this game is from an age when developers didn’t tell you everything you had to do at every turn through on-screen prompts, so sometimes you actually have to think a little yourself to solve the puzzles.
    Now, a lot of people point towards the God of War games when placing blame for the overuse of quicktime events we see in games today.
    I find this to be fundamentally unfair.
    In GoW the quicktime mechanic is an intricate part of the game, not unlike finishing- or special moves in beat ‘em ups, and it works very well indeed.
    Judging the quicktime events in this game by the very low standards used in games like Resident Evil 6, Black Ops 2 or the numerous other modern games, which basically use them by default whether warranted or not, is doing GoW a huge disservice.
    A lot of people have also pointed out that GoW was not original and it borrowed from a lot of other games. This is all true, but a game should not be judged on it's originality, but whether it sets out to do what it wants to. And the fact is, that GoW did and does this amazingly well.
    GoW is a classic and should find its rightful place in any hack ‘n slash or action game fans collection.
  35. Apr 19, 2013
    I have to admit this was a good game when I played the HD remake on PS3, but it just got so very boring after a while. I stopped playing when I was almost done with the Temple of Pandora, I just felt that that section was just a gimmick just so that the developers could extend the game's length. There were really no cutscenes during that part and it felt really pointless. I liked some ofI have to admit this was a good game when I played the HD remake on PS3, but it just got so very boring after a while. I stopped playing when I was almost done with the Temple of Pandora, I just felt that that section was just a gimmick just so that the developers could extend the game's length. There were really no cutscenes during that part and it felt really pointless. I liked some of the combos but I'm not really one to remember all the buttons you have to mash to perform a specific combo and often found myself just using two or three of them. Overall, the game is good but lacks: subtitles, good graphics (even after the HD re-release), more cutscenes (I never thought I would be asking for this but, yeah...) and a more engaging story-line. I think GoW: Ascension gets a bit more in-depth into the anger of Kratos and I think that should have been achieved through the original. Expand
  36. Apr 14, 2013
    Es un muy buen juego, tiene una historia aceptable, pero en parte predicable. Lo malo es que es muy lineal el juego, y la música es muy aburrida, es como si fuera todo lo mismo. Pero todo lo demás esta bien, los sonidos muy bien hechos, excelentes gráficos, buen voice-acting, controles muy cómodos, buenos cutscenes, buena ambientación del juego y extremadamente divertido y adictivo, yEs un muy buen juego, tiene una historia aceptable, pero en parte predicable. Lo malo es que es muy lineal el juego, y la música es muy aburrida, es como si fuera todo lo mismo. Pero todo lo demás esta bien, los sonidos muy bien hechos, excelentes gráficos, buen voice-acting, controles muy cómodos, buenos cutscenes, buena ambientación del juego y extremadamente divertido y adictivo, y tiene puzzles que a veces te puede costar bastante pensarlos, la verdad es que lo recomiendo, no solo por el estilo de pelea, si no que te deja con ganas de jugarlo y pasarlo una y otra y otra vez!, Tiene cosas malas, como el quick reaction system, de apretar rapidamente un boton que si lo fallas, perdes, o moris, cosa que te deja (en mi opinion) un sabor muy amargo en la boca, y tambien apretar repetida y rapidamente un mismo boton, eso tambien no es bueno, sobretodo para el joystick, pero no hay que negar que es un clasico de esta consola. Recomendable para el que le encantan juegos de aventura y accion! Expand
  37. ERB
    Jul 29, 2013
    God Of War is one of the best PS2 games you will ever play.I give story [5 points] and [3 points] for game play.Ans still playing this game even In 2013 is still satisfying.
  38. Jul 9, 2013
    Before Shadow of the Colossus, the original God of War was my favorite PS2 game. And who could blame me? It's unbelievable!!

Not only is the action over-satisfyingly gory and intense, but the story of Kratos is surprisingly fascinating! The graphics, for its time, were the best in its genre. The mixture of Greek mythology and relentless violence is both intriguing and awesome! If you

If you are looking for an extremely violent but unbelievably well executed action game, pick this up! It's a definite must-have for any hardcore gamer!
  39. Nov 16, 2013
    One word: Kickass..........................................................................................................................................
  40. Sep 27, 2013
    If theirs one word that describes God of War its Epic, the hack and slash gameplay is amazing. GOW has some of the best puzzles ive ever seen. The graphics where great for its time, this game has one of the best stories ever told. Kratos is a gods servant and must do what Ares tells him to do, but Ares takes it to far when he makes Kratos kill his own family, Kratos goes on an epic journeyIf theirs one word that describes God of War its Epic, the hack and slash gameplay is amazing. GOW has some of the best puzzles ive ever seen. The graphics where great for its time, this game has one of the best stories ever told. Kratos is a gods servant and must do what Ares tells him to do, but Ares takes it to far when he makes Kratos kill his own family, Kratos goes on an epic journey to kill the god of war Ares. If you love greek mythology or anything badass than this is the game for you. Expand
  41. Sep 28, 2013
    Uno de mis juegos más nostálgicos que he jugado. Posee una excelente virtud que lo hace un juego épico y merecido de jugar... Perdón: un juego NECESARIO de jugar. Excelente temática, impactante ambientación, escenarios de lucha magníficos y gran desarrollo de personajes, nada que le pueda faltar
  42. Nov 20, 2013
    this game shows everything good that happens in playstaiton 2,it had excellent graphics(for the time)and an amazing original story,the only problem is that isn't an open world game.
  43. Nov 22, 2013
    as for a new title in Sony PlayStation this just nailed each and every game in all console division. the cut scenes are awesome as for PlayStation 2 .loved the blood and gore kills and one of the best story. Kratos is one of the main character that represent the PlayStation division. just feel the graphics quite low after completing god of war II. still my first PS2 game and has theas for a new title in Sony PlayStation this just nailed each and every game in all console division. the cut scenes are awesome as for PlayStation 2 .loved the blood and gore kills and one of the best story. Kratos is one of the main character that represent the PlayStation division. just feel the graphics quite low after completing god of war II. still my first PS2 game and has the hardest challenges of all!! Expand
  44. Apr 30, 2014
    such a great game. greek mythology is very interesting, and its portrayed in such an epic way in this game. Kratos is one of the most powerful videogame characters ever and you certainly feel that when you play. the combat is the best part of this game, it feels so smooth and is easy to use and still feel badass. the story is also great and is very interesting to follow. the combat isn'tsuch a great game. greek mythology is very interesting, and its portrayed in such an epic way in this game. Kratos is one of the most powerful videogame characters ever and you certainly feel that when you play. the combat is the best part of this game, it feels so smooth and is easy to use and still feel badass. the story is also great and is very interesting to follow. the combat isn't exactly repetitive, but you soon figure out wich moves are most effective and just end up spanning them. that is the only downside to this game. the boss fights are awesome too, some of the best I've ever seen even to this date and that goes for all the god of war games Expand

1. While playing God of War, I honestly found it difficult to resist the urge to simply genuflect and be humbled to be in the presence of such digital divinity, this god among games. [Apr 2005, p.122]
    If you like to kill freaky things with your giant serrated knives, you'll love the s*** out of this... This videogame features sexual situations, bare breasts and excessive brutality. Good with that? Excellent!
  3. The game contains so much energy and conviction, so much skill and spirit. There came a point where I was totally lost to it, in the way you are to a great movie - to any powerful art form. [Apr 2005, p.50]