• Publisher: SCEA
  • Release Date: Mar 22, 2005
8.8

1. HenryM.
    Jul 20, 2007
    I don't know i everybody like that game! it's way too hard, it's the hardest game i ever played! the graphics it's not that good, i would give it 7 because i don't like realistic graphics. and the music is annoying! the game is also too brutal, i almost cried when i saw so much blood.
  2. AhmedA.
    Mar 29, 2005
    This game was absolutely shocking. i bought it expecting a huge, free, beautiful environment inside the game, with lush, smooth, ground-breaking graphics. i got a dull, tedious storyline, linear, jagged environments and total boredom. i guess thats 40 quid down the drain then...
  3. PjotrK.
    Dec 31, 2005
    Nice graphics. But hardly offers gameplay time. Let me give the professional reviewers a clue. Nice graphics and sound are great but if the game can be played in less then 8 hours then it's not worth the incredible amount of money that the makers ask for it. Would be nice if the makers not only had spend lots of time on the graphics but actually made a game that had some lasting Nice graphics. But hardly offers gameplay time. Let me give the professional reviewers a clue. Nice graphics and sound are great but if the game can be played in less then 8 hours then it's not worth the incredible amount of money that the makers ask for it. Would be nice if the makers not only had spend lots of time on the graphics but actually made a game that had some lasting appeal as well as a lot more gameplay. In short, rent the game for a day or two and save yourself lots of money. Collapse
  4. KavveenK.
    Mar 31, 2005
    What's the use all u do is fight?
  5. KimP.
    Jun 15, 2005
    I was pretty disappointed with GoW, having purchased it based on write-ups in the press & by other players. The graphics are pretty well done, and really are milking the most out of the now-long-ing-the-tooth PS2. However, teh gameplay was tired, uninspired, and unoriginal. A button-masher of the old-school variety, I quickly grew tired of the lack of skill required to proceed. This was I was pretty disappointed with GoW, having purchased it based on write-ups in the press & by other players. The graphics are pretty well done, and really are milking the most out of the now-long-ing-the-tooth PS2. However, teh gameplay was tired, uninspired, and unoriginal. A button-masher of the old-school variety, I quickly grew tired of the lack of skill required to proceed. This was taken to the absurd level in the boss fights, where there are parts where the designers basically tell the player "never mind the controls, just mash this single button as fast as you can". Ugh. I can't fathom why others are rating this as high as they are. the player's intelligence is further insulted with "reward" hints like "hey, sounds like there are maidens in here!". Ugh. Save yourself the money and play some old NeoGeo tites on MAME. Expand
  6. JesusC.
    Oct 9, 2007
    Vapid, button-mashing mixed with mediocre music? No thanks. I'll take Halo 3 over this ANYDAY!

1. While playing God of War, I honestly found it difficult to resist the urge to simply genuflect and be humbled to be in the presence of such digital divinity, this god among games. [Apr 2005, p.122]
    If you like to kill freaky things with your giant serrated knives, you'll love the s*** out of this... This videogame features sexual situations, bare breasts and excessive brutality. Good with that? Excellent!
  3. The game contains so much energy and conviction, so much skill and spirit. There came a point where I was totally lost to it, in the way you are to a great movie - to any powerful art form. [Apr 2005, p.50]