GoldenEye: Rogue Agent PlayStation 2

7.0

1. TorreyM.
    Nov 23, 2004
    In spite of being able to dual-wield some weapons and being able to use baddies as human shields, there's little to claim as "good" in this game. The game not only rehashes what's already been done in other 007-type games, but then goes on to rehash itself: forcing the user into repetitive, unimaginative gameplay. How anyone could praise this game is completely beyond me.
  2. AB
    Jan 13, 2005
    This game is pure evil in the form of a game disc that shouldn't reach one's console. I bought this just because it's the sequel to the brilliant GoldenEye for the N64. Now I realize that I was ignorant and cretinous. EA used to be considered a good publisher, but with "Catwoman," "The Urbs," and "LOTR: The Third Age," they've disappointed me this year. The first This game is pure evil in the form of a game disc that shouldn't reach one's console. I bought this just because it's the sequel to the brilliant GoldenEye for the N64. Now I realize that I was ignorant and cretinous. EA used to be considered a good publisher, but with "Catwoman," "The Urbs," and "LOTR: The Third Age," they've disappointed me this year. The first problem with the game is the AI. This game has abymal AI. When I heard of the E.V.I.L. AI system, I was interested. The system has faults, at very best. Plus, the graphics are pathetic. Everything looks boring and dull. And these visuals fit perfectly with the game, which is boring and dull as well. Also, why don't you get to play as James Bond? I was fairly interested, yet skeptical about being a villian, and my skeptical instincts were right. The character is crap. Being a bad guy adds nothing to the game. This game would be mediocre without the lame AI and vapid visuals, but with these faults it can be called horrendous. Expand
  3. AlleyCat
    Feb 18, 2005
    I brought this game on ebay for a tenner. That's still £2 a minute, cause it only lasted five minutes until I pushed eject and put PP:Warrior Within back in the console. Utter Worthless Garbage.
  4. LionelH.
    Dec 30, 2004
    Gargbage, absolute garbage.

#53 Most Discussed PS2 Game of 2004
#35 Most Shared PS2 Game of 2004

1. A disappointingly repetitive and average ride at a time when above-average is a necessity.
    A lackluster package of average single-player and slightly better multiplayer. Unless you're a huge and/or irrational Bond nut, it offers nothing that competing games don't do better.
  3. This is about as close as any shooter's come to replicating the action-movie experience, with plenty of toys to play with and a great techno soundtrack.