• Publisher: SCEA
  • Release Date: Jul 9, 2001
8.5

1. JoeM.
    Jun 9, 2003
    This game is the best and will always be the best. It challenges your patience as well as your skill.
  2. Jack
    Aug 13, 2001
    Been playing this game far too much (according to my girlfriend.) It is great. Graphics are great, the driving is great. Only thing that bugs me is the computer controlled cars AS (Artificial stupidity). I mean they follow a preprogrammed course, and that's it. In a game this great every little weakness shines through, and while otherwise a great game the AI can be sometimes pretty annoying.
  3. Benzino
    Sep 20, 2001
    Without a doubt the best racing game ever. It will take months to beat this game and that's if you play 24/7. It's not a perfect game but has there ever been a perfect game? The best graphics ever and one of the hardest games to complete!
  4. NaamanB.
    Jul 13, 2003
    The most superior racing sim to date!! Visuals are 1st class, music is plausible, engine noises actually sound like the real thing and is different for each of the 150 cars. Realism is unrivaled; even the famed Skip Barber Racing School gave tips. Addiction factor is very good if you know what you are doing. A hard game, a Playstation hallmark.
  5. WilliamW.
    Dec 29, 2001
    Forget 11, this game deserves a 20. It is the best racing ever. Quite possibaly the best game of all time.
  6. Kewlkat
    Aug 15, 2007
    Imagine the most graphically enhanced racing game on ps2 with unmatched precision controls and an unbeatable single player mode. Now top it off with fantasy cars you will never be able to drive in real life, and a song playlist that's to die for. Ok, are you finished? Ok, now go buy Gran Turismo 3: A-Spec, and don't be surprised your expectations were topped.
  7. Sep 11, 2012
    Even by the standards of the day, GT3 A-Spec has unbelievable graphics and unmatched driving physics. Framerate is smooth, there are a lot of cars to choose from, a full range of adjustable driving assists and some of the most realistic driving you will ever come across in a racing game. The licesnes are fun and gold medal is actually difficult unlike most modern games. There are a lot ofEven by the standards of the day, GT3 A-Spec has unbelievable graphics and unmatched driving physics. Framerate is smooth, there are a lot of cars to choose from, a full range of adjustable driving assists and some of the most realistic driving you will ever come across in a racing game. The licesnes are fun and gold medal is actually difficult unlike most modern games. There are a lot of cars that are hugely detailed (although admittedly some cars do look noticeably better than others) and controls are simple, responsive and make every corner satisfying. The choice of tracks is dissapointing but you still get some decent ones like Mazda Laguna Seca. The amount of content in this game, the replay value and addictiveness of trying to beat best times even on livesnses where you drive in a straight line and stop inside a box means that it's a game which can be enjoyed at any point, anytime. The attention to detail combined with its simplicity but hidden complexity in trying to get best times makes it both accessible, fun and hardcore. If they added more tracks this would be the ultimate simulator for its time. All it would be missing is interior view. Expand
  8. Oct 3, 2010
    Incredible game, amazing graphics for the time and pretty much the best driving simulator that had come out at the time. This game had insane hype and it's one of those rare cases where a game this hyped lives up to it and then some.
  9. CrazyDude
    Jun 1, 2005
    This is by far the worst game ever and I'm being completely honest with you. I give it 10 out of 10 and my cat ate it. Your Friend, Spanky.
  10. LilG.
    Jun 14, 2002
    Buy this game! Buy a gameshark too! Way to hard. Awesome graphics!
  11. Apr 9, 2013
    Ever since this game, every racing game has been compared to it. It's just the greatest racing game ever. So much has been rightfully said. If you have yet to play it, wtf
  12. NateMiracle
    Jan 2, 2003
    New, phat, fast cars. Better graphics, and music. Additional tracks but only 150+ cars. but still an addictive racing game!
  13. TicfordGuy
    Jan 14, 2002
    The Graphics and the different varieys of cars are great. Get the Ford Falcon XR8 (tickford) It ROARS!!!
  14. BrianB.
    Jan 7, 2002
    Just bought this game and I can't put the damn controller down, I haven't put any other game in my ps2 since.
  15. B.S.
    Oct 9, 2002
    Great but the shadows that go over your car sometimes really bug me! You should rent before you buy... There really isn't to much to say about a perfect game.
  16. EdwinM.
    Jun 30, 2002
    This game, although flawed in some ways, is the best console racing game I have ever played. The physics are great. The graphics are good, though not as good as, say, Project Gotham Racing or RalliSport Challenge for the XBOX. There are nowhere near as many cars as in GT2, and the ability to do racing modification is missed. There is also no used car lot. The AI could use some work, but This game, although flawed in some ways, is the best console racing game I have ever played. The physics are great. The graphics are good, though not as good as, say, Project Gotham Racing or RalliSport Challenge for the XBOX. There are nowhere near as many cars as in GT2, and the ability to do racing modification is missed. There is also no used car lot. The AI could use some work, but it's not all that bad. Overall, this is a great game. All that's left to say is: Bring on Gran Turismo 4!!! Expand
  17. RobertG.
    Aug 1, 2002
    This game rocks! Yeah, it's hard at first to get money... but hey, THAT'S LIFE! You just have to stick to it... after a week, I was to the point where I was winning all the cool, fast cars. NISSAN SKYLINES RULE!!!
  18. Beavis
    Feb 20, 2003
    Cool.
  19. HeatherA.
    Nov 1, 2001
    I finally got my PS2 and Gran Turismo 3 is an excellent buy for the money! Way better graphics compared to G.T.2! I give it a 9 for no damage and the cardboard-looking fans. Flags move, but they don't?
  20. ChrisB.
    Dec 5, 2001
    Man! What a cool game. Not flawless but the only racing game to have right now. The music? I think it's great! Glad it's not the usual techno bull.
  21. MichaelP.
    Oct 8, 2001
    I give this game a 9 because of the damage. It doesn?t matter how hard you crash...no damage! But there is a huge selection of cars and the music is ok but kinda behind the times. If you have ps2 buy this game!!
  22. SeanB.
    Jul 17, 2001
    Lots of fun. When I first played the game I knew I'd be playing it for years and still be having fun.
  23. SeanM.
    Jul 19, 2001
    I really enjoyed this game. I got it a week ago and I'm still playing it. My friends told me to get it, but I'm not a big fan of race car games. After I rented it I could not leave it -- the game is too wonderful. I love this game, and now my mom can't say I?m getting too fat by playing games cause this game makes me feel like i lost a pound or two. So in your face mom, I I really enjoyed this game. I got it a week ago and I'm still playing it. My friends told me to get it, but I'm not a big fan of race car games. After I rented it I could not leave it -- the game is too wonderful. I love this game, and now my mom can't say I?m getting too fat by playing games cause this game makes me feel like i lost a pound or two. So in your face mom, I am losing weight (when I?m really gaining some... I better go and play with my friends)! Expand
  24. Robbie
    Sep 10, 2001
    This game is great. The graphics are groundbreaking and put GT2 to shame. The lack of damage will surely be re-dressed in GT4!
  25. VirusMan
    Nov 5, 2002
    I started off with a distinct dislike of any/all racing games. My friend showed me GT3 and after a few races I was hooked. The music, graphics and gameplay is superb. GT3 is by far the best racing game available.
  26. PsychoMantis
    Feb 20, 2002
    A nice showcase of the PS2's graphic power, the musical tracks, despite their variety, all work well. As do the sound effects. Some may complain about the control in the game but if this is a racing sim, not an arcade type racer. No jumps, no barrel rolls just mostly realistic racing and sweet ass cars. This isn't exactly my most treasured game i own but it still warrants a A nice showcase of the PS2's graphic power, the musical tracks, despite their variety, all work well. As do the sound effects. Some may complain about the control in the game but if this is a racing sim, not an arcade type racer. No jumps, no barrel rolls just mostly realistic racing and sweet ass cars. This isn't exactly my most treasured game i own but it still warrants a purchase from the general public. Expand
  27. LaramieS.
    Apr 20, 2002
    This game has the best graphics. And it's real technical like you actually have to hit the brakes for a turn but on some games you can make a 180 hair-pin at like 150 mph. I like this game because you can win cars that you cant buy or even look at till you won em like the GT500 and the GTO and the DIABLO GT, the McLaren F1 and all of the F1 cars. The one bad thing is in the begining This game has the best graphics. And it's real technical like you actually have to hit the brakes for a turn but on some games you can make a 180 hair-pin at like 150 mph. I like this game because you can win cars that you cant buy or even look at till you won em like the GT500 and the GTO and the DIABLO GT, the McLaren F1 and all of the F1 cars. The one bad thing is in the begining its a little hard to rack up the credits. Expand
  28. NickB.
    Apr 6, 2002
    I played this game 13 hours str8.
  29. JoshM.
    Mar 18, 2003
    THIS GAME IS THE BOMB!!!!!
  30. junior
    Mar 26, 2003
    É o melhor dos jogaos de corrida. ate fui.
  31. LennyB.
    Mar 5, 2003
    This is the best game in the world so far. When i just bought the game i was hooked on it for so long. Even now (almost 3 years after i bought it), I have just mastered the art of drifts. I can drift any track u throw at me except test course. I am also near perfect at tuning. sorry if you take this as bragging but i am listing a few of the numerous things there are to do in this wonderful game.
  32. MatthewW.
    Jun 7, 2003
    This game is da bomb. Definitely the best driving simulator ever. the cars are tight and the course are bril, i can't wait to get a steering wheel.;->
  33. BillboB.
    Jul 21, 2003
    This is the best ever racing game!!!! The cars and tracks are stunning and the graphics are unreal. This game RULES!
  34. SeabronS.
    Sep 20, 2003
    I have the game, and I like it very much.So far I have 42 cars most of them I have bought.I also have 2 indy cars, their the fastest car on the game.
  35. DavidH.
    May 2, 2004
    This is the best racing game ever. And it will be, until GT4 comes out.
  36. MarkMD
    Jul 2, 2004
    Lets just say Race on.
  37. RickJ
    Jul 5, 2004
    This is by far the best racing game out I love all of the cars. I just can't wait until GTA4 comes out.
  38. SqueM.
    Nov 6, 2007
    Whoever says it's not as good or didn't like this game, you should be ashamed of yourself. This game is the best, even better than any of the Gran Turismo 1,2 and 4 and the Tourist Trophy game. This is when the PS2 reached the peak of the system's popularity. Without this, the PS2 wouldn't be as popular today. For people that said the car is slow, that's what NA Whoever says it's not as good or didn't like this game, you should be ashamed of yourself. This game is the best, even better than any of the Gran Turismo 1,2 and 4 and the Tourist Trophy game. This is when the PS2 reached the peak of the system's popularity. Without this, the PS2 wouldn't be as popular today. For people that said the car is slow, that's what NA and Turbo engines are for. Then, your car will be very fast. I hereby named Gran Turismo 3 the best racing game ever to grace a system (even better than Need for Speed, although that is an good racing game though). Expand
  39. JevanieM.
    Jun 19, 2007
    It's an addictive game play it once and you can't stop playing it.
  40. NathanA.
    Nov 28, 2001
    Best Mother F.....n Game i Have Ever Played.
  41. JoelM.
    Nov 2, 2001
    The best racing game ever.
  42. JoãoS.
    Oct 15, 2001
    Perfect.
  43. Pedro
    Dec 4, 2001
    Since I have gotten GT3, I have virtually forgotten my other games. Needless to say, this is one of the BEST games I have EVER played!
  44. ChrisS.
    Dec 5, 2001
    I would give it an 11 but I cant. GT3 is by far the greatest racing game ever created. The graphics are crisp and they even have the engine tones down to a tee. And by the way Sasha K. there were 611 cars in GT2. Hey if you live in cal. challenge me. I've beaten every racing game ever produced for PS-1 and so far for PS-2!
  45. ChrisR-B
    Oct 31, 2001
    This is pure petrolnography; hideously addictive. And I hate racing games!
  46. ThomasBennieBennie
    Jul 19, 2001
    This game was so AWESOME! I appreciated the nice graphical analysises. I wish I had a car like that. Mom says we cant afford one though. We need to save our money for food and clothes. Oh Well. I still like playing this game at Microplay.
  47. BrianW.
    Sep 28, 2001
    Great game!! Played the PS1 version, then bought the PS2 version. Licensing bit is what makes this game different. You have to learn b4 you can earn.
  48. ChaingD.
    Sep 29, 2001
    Great graphics, great cars. The AI needs some work, along with the lack of damage. But, other than these few minor downsides, this is a good game. I give it a 9.
  49. AutobahnS.
    Jan 13, 2002
    OK this is the only game I actually "need", there is one thing I hate about it is that there a not enough cars.
  50. EricC.
    Oct 2, 2002
    This was the first next-gen game that I ever saw or played. And when I turned on my PS2 for the first time and saw GT3, all doubts I had for the system left me completely. I have never seen any game that has come this close to making anything this realistic. The driving is completely accurate to the real thing. The controls and great car music only add to what is already fantastic. If you This was the first next-gen game that I ever saw or played. And when I turned on my PS2 for the first time and saw GT3, all doubts I had for the system left me completely. I have never seen any game that has come this close to making anything this realistic. The driving is completely accurate to the real thing. The controls and great car music only add to what is already fantastic. If you don't like cars or racing, then there are still crappy, lower level car shoot'em ups (a.k.a., Twisted Metal: Black) to satisfy your needs. Attempts for racing games to be better than the GT series, like Project Gotham, have yet to reach this level of greatness. GT3 can only be beat by GT4 as being the best racing game ever made. Expand
  51. MarcusLindberg
    Jan 27, 2002
    This is the best f**king game in the hole world, i would to gave it a 20 but i sadly can't. The soundtrack is almost the best thing i the hole game, Judas Priest and Jimi Hendrix and Motley Crue! It's to good to be true. The graphics is amasing! By the way, i really want beat up the Sasha K. down to a huge meatcrusher. Gues why!
  52. B.Erickson
    Feb 26, 2002
    KICK ASS!!!!
  53. Jesse
    Mar 3, 2002
    Cool ass but gets boring once you get into, professional league like 20 laps that's insane. And Endurance races suck ass due to their length. Mini is the best car in the game.
    Jun 20, 2002
    This game is not for renting, only buying. It rocks!!! Although, it does take a really long time to get money, and the cars are hard to drive. The realism is unbelieveable, even for a game that came out last year!! I love this game, but beware if you are not good at racing games.
  55. EricB.
    Jul 7, 2002
    Cool, realistic but it gets boring once you try to get money.
  56. Timmy
    Aug 17, 2002
    This is the most awesome game ever. And I say f... Edwin M. You and your XBOX suck. PGR isn't realistic, and what the hell is a Kudos?
  57. SeanK.
    Aug 4, 2002
    This is a very good game but at first it is really hard to get into it. But when you start getting it becomes very fun. Example: Get the F090/S indy car very fast and good handling.
  58. ArmanA.
    Dec 15, 2003
    This game is the most incredible game I had ever bought.I had a friend who wanted to buy a PS2 and wondered what game will he buy?"Well why don't you try GT3 A-Spec?"So he bought it! Until Know he's been playing it again and again! Now he love cars because of this game.Because this game is unexplainable because it is almost near perfection, like stability control,engine This game is the most incredible game I had ever bought.I had a friend who wanted to buy a PS2 and wondered what game will he buy?"Well why don't you try GT3 A-Spec?"So he bought it! Until Know he's been playing it again and again! Now he love cars because of this game.Because this game is unexplainable because it is almost near perfection, like stability control,engine modification,weight reduction and many modification upgrades.That's what we want from a car. That's why it worth a 10 STAR!! Expand
  59. CozinzladKFC
    Feb 28, 2003
    A masterpiece. You know the score allready, superlative graphics, challenging realisitic handling and longitivity. Just need to work on the AI cars in GT4 as they are predictable on GT3 and this is the only gripe.
  60. JZ
    Apr 1, 2003
    I'm a mechanic in real life, and this is my favorite racing game by far. The realism is un matched!!!
  61. MikeJ.
    Jul 17, 2003
    The greatest game ever.
  62. AshleyT.
    Jul 17, 2003
    The best.
  63. Cheetah
    Oct 19, 2004
    Great game,..very real and amazing graphics for a race simulator. also, the car customization is pro!!!
  64. FernandoC.
    Jan 26, 2004
    Spanish Comment: Que buen juego... que buenas graficas... buena musica, buen simulador... de los juegos que me han dejado mas contento de comprar este! Recomendadisimo!
  65. TyC.
    Feb 23, 2004
    This game is by far THE BEST driving game around. It has the perfect, most realistic controls. I can't believe it is this good. ***Hint: On one car, you can 'tweak' it, and this car will now go over 1111 mph!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It doesn't just show it on the meter, it realisticly does!!! Amazing!!!
  66. JustinM.
    Mar 15, 2004
    Not much to dislike here, this game is so awesome, but GT4 will blow it away.
  67. KevH.
    Sep 18, 2004
    It's The Best.
  68. VagelisT.
    Dec 3, 2006
    The best driving sim. I have ever play! Far away better than GT4.
  69. JanneJ
    Jun 22, 2008
    Very great and addictive game. The reason for 9 is that there isnt enough cars comparing to GT2 or GT4. It is so fun!
  70. Hoagie
    Nov 15, 2001
    It kicks ASS!
  71. GregL.
    Nov 17, 2001
    They should include more cars and some street races and cars with (N.O.S.) boost.
  72. GreenL.
    Nov 5, 2001
    Has to be one of the best racing games I have ever played!
  73. RamirezDJ
    Dec 30, 2001
    Yah, it´s good!
  74. WesleyC.
    Oct 29, 2001
    The graphics astounded me the first time I saw them. Even though the lack of good, fine cars, this is still a game not to be without. The best thing well, since the other best thing.
  75. AndrewE.
    Jul 15, 2001
    Excellent control. Excellent graphics. (You will want to play it on a flat screen) It's fun to play with other people. I even got my step-mother to play, what an accomplishment! She hardly ever likes video games. And she liked it. So even if you are not a racing fan, if you play this game you will be.
  76. KoryD.
    Aug 21, 2001
    This game gets a definite 10! This is the perfect game for the many race enthusiasts out there! With the combination of Arcade and Simulation modes the game never gets boring. If you're thinking of buying this game, I urge you to get your hands on the first copy you see!!
  77. JakeM.
    Sep 28, 2001
    One word describes this game. AWESOME. The realistic physics, cool lighting, freaking awesome cars let you know that your money is well spent. I have yet to play an arcade with all these shinny elements. Bottom line: If you own a Playstation 2, you probably already own this game.
  78. PeterD.
    May 12, 2002
    Fun to start, then gets (a bit) boring...but...find the Polyphony 001/2, and it turns into the best F1 simulation you are ever likely to play. Monaco is an unbelieveable experience - you have to get a 1'11'.89 to know what I REALLY mean. The only reason it doesn't get a 10 is because this feature is frustratingly minimal. They should do a GT3 F1 exclusive edition or Fun to start, then gets (a bit) boring...but...find the Polyphony 001/2, and it turns into the best F1 simulation you are ever likely to play. Monaco is an unbelieveable experience - you have to get a 1'11'.89 to know what I REALLY mean. The only reason it doesn't get a 10 is because this feature is frustratingly minimal. They should do a GT3 F1 exclusive edition or something...I wouldnt leave the house. Expand
  79. JimC.
    Jun 23, 2003
    One of the best racing game ever made.
  80. RazorX.
    Oct 18, 2004
    Absolutely, unbelievably, cool! This game is the best I've seen on PS2.
  81. AlejandromartinezA.
    Jun 23, 2005
    Esta bie bergas este juego.
  82. MattR.
    Nov 12, 2001
    The game is well executed, the soundtrack is good.
  83. ShawnH.
    Nov 15, 2001
    I just rented this game for 5 days and was crying when I had to return it.The no damage part sucks, but hey, look at the graphics!!
  84. JoshC.
    Nov 29, 2001
    A 10 for a sweet ass game, but I?m still waiting for some more exterior mod's, I'd like to see some Rice in the game, where are all the bodykits and big ass spoilers haha.
  85. TomP.
    Nov 22, 2002
    I fell completely in love with this game the second I picked up my DUALSHOCK2. The music is amazing, the gameplay is intense and gripping, and the graphics are realistic and vibrant. The realism of the cars and the eviroments of this game are amazing and bring out the Sony Playstation 2's real abilities. And at only $30 (in Canada anyways...) it is practically a steal. This game will I fell completely in love with this game the second I picked up my DUALSHOCK2. The music is amazing, the gameplay is intense and gripping, and the graphics are realistic and vibrant. The realism of the cars and the eviroments of this game are amazing and bring out the Sony Playstation 2's real abilities. And at only $30 (in Canada anyways...) it is practically a steal. This game will get your adrenaline flowing and your heart beating, and it will get your skills as a driver to soar. Gran Turismo 3 is the most technically and graphically advanced game you will ever play and have ever played on the PS2 (unless of course there may be plans of a GT4...) Pick this game up, you'll be glad you did. Expand
  86. Reggie
    Nov 11, 2009
    I finished Grand Turismo 3 and then went to 4 and i was totally dissapointed. Very Choppy Feel and the smoothness was totally taken away. i went back and played 3 again. it is the best game ever. The Cars look sooo realistic and the way it drives down the track is amazing. The bumbs, the curves, the skidding? Common, u dont get that in any of the newer driving games, especially like GT 3. I finished Grand Turismo 3 and then went to 4 and i was totally dissapointed. Very Choppy Feel and the smoothness was totally taken away. i went back and played 3 again. it is the best game ever. The Cars look sooo realistic and the way it drives down the track is amazing. The bumbs, the curves, the skidding? Common, u dont get that in any of the newer driving games, especially like GT 3. Dont get me wrong, The need for speeds, Midnight DUD edition and some other driving games are ok but the GT 3 has a realistic reaslism that you wont find even on todays Systems. EVEN ON A OLDER TV IT'S STILL ENJOYABLE. i think i made my point. Good night all. I got 15 laps to run. Expand
  87. Jun 26, 2011
    now i wasnt into GT 1 or 2 very much but 3 just changed my whole view of this series . its a driving sim done to pretty much perfection . you get over 500 cars a ton of tracks the controls are fantastic steering wheel or controler i found worked great. the graphics in there day looked fantastic and the music was pretty good some nice tracks like the cult's she sells sanctaury and more.now i wasnt into GT 1 or 2 very much but 3 just changed my whole view of this series . its a driving sim done to pretty much perfection . you get over 500 cars a ton of tracks the controls are fantastic steering wheel or controler i found worked great. the graphics in there day looked fantastic and the music was pretty good some nice tracks like the cult's she sells sanctaury and more. there are a ton of races in this game and to complete it will take you a long long time . i spent over 100 hours i9n this game and it stands to me the best racing game ever made . Collapse
  88. Jan 31, 2011
    One of the best racing games ever made for the Playstation 2. Killer soundtrack, great graphics, and fast cars make this game legendary for the racing genre.
  89. Oct 30, 2012
    I remember this game well, it's still the best racing game that I've ever played. I've spent countless hours on this game for years. So many cars to buy, so many championships, I don't think I've ever got to complete it fully due to the difficulty to gain the 'S' license, but the game itself is so diverse. There's something for everyone. Highly enjoyable, beautiful songs, beautifulI remember this game well, it's still the best racing game that I've ever played. I've spent countless hours on this game for years. So many cars to buy, so many championships, I don't think I've ever got to complete it fully due to the difficulty to gain the 'S' license, but the game itself is so diverse. There's something for everyone. Highly enjoyable, beautiful songs, beautiful graphics for 2001.. A triumph. Expand
  90. Oct 8, 2014
    This is the best racing game i have ever played!
    featuring over 180 cars, with an incredible graphics (for a ps2 game).
    the physics is really great.
    this game is really the first GT game that change my life forever.
    ive even learned to drive from gt3.
    the best racing game that i have ever played (over 400 hours on it)
  91. Jun 26, 2011

1. GT3 simply is one of the best looking racers to date on any system. In fact, it's one of the best looking games available for the PS2, even being two years past its initial release date.
  2. Better physics, smarter opponents, and a huge leap in its visual presentation make GT3 a racer well worth playing.
  3. The gameplay is rock solid and the graphical upgrade makes everything feel fresh and new.