• Publisher: SCEA
  • Release Date: Jul 9, 2001
8.4

1. KoryD.
    Aug 21, 2001
    This game gets a definite 10! This is the perfect game for the many race enthusiasts out there! With the combination of Arcade and Simulation modes the game never gets boring. If you're thinking of buying this game, I urge you to get your hands on the first copy you see!!
  2. JulianH.
    Aug 29, 2001
    Overall, the game is great. The best graphics I've seen on a PS2 game. But there are two reasons why I don't give this game a 10. (1) When I crash into walls or whatever, I didn't see any damage done to my car. Very unrealistic. (2) There should definitely be a bigger car selection, like GT2 had. But otherwise, this game is a really fun game. You should at least rent it.
  3. JakeM.
    Sep 28, 2001
    One word describes this game. AWESOME. The realistic physics, cool lighting, freaking awesome cars let you know that your money is well spent. I have yet to play an arcade with all these shinny elements. Bottom line: If you own a Playstation 2, you probably already own this game.
  4. PeterD.
    May 12, 2002
    Fun to start, then gets (a bit) boring...but...find the Polyphony 001/2, and it turns into the best F1 simulation you are ever likely to play. Monaco is an unbelieveable experience - you have to get a 1'11'.89 to know what I REALLY mean. The only reason it doesn't get a 10 is because this feature is frustratingly minimal. They should do a GT3 F1 exclusive edition or Fun to start, then gets (a bit) boring...but...find the Polyphony 001/2, and it turns into the best F1 simulation you are ever likely to play. Monaco is an unbelieveable experience - you have to get a 1'11'.89 to know what I REALLY mean. The only reason it doesn't get a 10 is because this feature is frustratingly minimal. They should do a GT3 F1 exclusive edition or something...I wouldnt leave the house. Expand
  5. JimC.
    Jun 23, 2003
    One of the best racing game ever made.
  6. RazorX.
    Oct 18, 2004
    Absolutely, unbelievably, cool! This game is the best I've seen on PS2.
  7. BobJ.
    Feb 27, 2005
    Pros: excellent gameplay, the most realistic driving game ever, refined graphics, simple controls cons: needs more simple cars like camrys and accords overview: it would have gotten my full recomendations if it had more simple cars, but if your looking for supercars and high performance exotics, this is your best buy.
  8. AlejandromartinezA.
    Jun 23, 2005
    Esta bie bergas este juego.
  9. skys
    May 26, 2008
    whilst its true that gt3 looks great with all its bell's and whistles its hard for me to ignore how lame the ai is, if this games a sim then it has to be banger racing, but then you'd want to see some twisted metal after hitting the wall or another car which you dont get, so what exactly is being simulated perhaps its the top speed of some dull car you have to drive around in whilst its true that gt3 looks great with all its bell's and whistles its hard for me to ignore how lame the ai is, if this games a sim then it has to be banger racing, but then you'd want to see some twisted metal after hitting the wall or another car which you dont get, so what exactly is being simulated perhaps its the top speed of some dull car you have to drive around in for hours, dose anyone actually bother with half the crap cars put in some of these driving games, it would be nice to feel like the main aspects of racing were dealt with before banding the word simulation around, a whole lot of tuneing options and technical shpeel carnt do anything to rectify the unreal way in which the bot cars behave, maybe the guys and girls at gt hq should concentrate on what matters and prune away the crap giving us less so we can have more =) Expand
  10. ShawnH.
    Nov 15, 2001
    I just rented this game for 5 days and was crying when I had to return it.The no damage part sucks, but hey, look at the graphics!!
  11. JoshC.
    Nov 29, 2001
    A 10 for a sweet ass game, but I?m still waiting for some more exterior mod's, I'd like to see some Rice in the game, where are all the bodykits and big ass spoilers haha.
  12. StephenC.
    Dec 28, 2004
    This game is okay if you want car games, and you can spend as long as you want on a single track. This game is highly improved from previous versions, such as Gran Turismo 2, which I would rate 6. This has been improved on one disc, and has an impressive range of cars, from Class C (City) to Class S (Speed). This game is okay, but the Liscense it too hard to achieve.
  13. Reggie
    Nov 11, 2009
    I finished Grand Turismo 3 and then went to 4 and i was totally dissapointed. Very Choppy Feel and the smoothness was totally taken away. i went back and played 3 again. it is the best game ever. The Cars look sooo realistic and the way it drives down the track is amazing. The bumbs, the curves, the skidding? Common, u dont get that in any of the newer driving games, especially like GT 3. I finished Grand Turismo 3 and then went to 4 and i was totally dissapointed. Very Choppy Feel and the smoothness was totally taken away. i went back and played 3 again. it is the best game ever. The Cars look sooo realistic and the way it drives down the track is amazing. The bumbs, the curves, the skidding? Common, u dont get that in any of the newer driving games, especially like GT 3. Dont get me wrong, The need for speeds, Midnight DUD edition and some other driving games are ok but the GT 3 has a realistic reaslism that you wont find even on todays Systems. EVEN ON A OLDER TV IT'S STILL ENJOYABLE. i think i made my point. Good night all. I got 15 laps to run. Expand
  14. Aug 19, 2010
    I need to understand why there was so much hype for this game.Why did it get so high reviews?I've played it over and over,like I do all games before I review,and I took in account the year it came out,the innovations it had-everything.I have to tell you that this game does not deserve more than a straight up 8.That is the perfect score but everybody was so oooh and eeeh over thisI need to understand why there was so much hype for this game.Why did it get so high reviews?I've played it over and over,like I do all games before I review,and I took in account the year it came out,the innovations it had-everything.I have to tell you that this game does not deserve more than a straight up 8.That is the perfect score but everybody was so oooh and eeeh over this game.Same with the first one.Gran Turismo 2 is the best of the bunch,because it's game play was tight as can be with over 500 cars in 1999.also there was no competition against Gran turismo 3, at the time,at all.If there would of just been 1 good driving game back in 2001 it would of been a whole different story.Then Sega Gt 2002 came out which had nothing on this game until PGR 2 came out in 2003 and that was finally a driving game that took the crown from Gran Turismo 3-in a heartbeat!I know games and I know that this game in an 8 and who ever is reading this,if your interested in getting a driving game,simulation or not,get any of the 3 forza games or the burnout games,whatever is to your tastes.Don't get this unless you want to play a game for hours and hours and get no enjoyment from it.Like driving around the block for no reason,to go no where,get what I'm saying. Expand
  15. Sep 21, 2010
    Gran Turismo 3: A-Spec is a nice racing simulator game. The games graphics showcase what the PlayStation 2 can do, from the design of the cars (which are identical to their real life counterparts) to the lovely track design. The racing is smooth and the cars handle great. You can also tune them up with turbo's, better suspension and tyres. There are a selection of events to try out in theGran Turismo 3: A-Spec is a nice racing simulator game. The games graphics showcase what the PlayStation 2 can do, from the design of the cars (which are identical to their real life counterparts) to the lovely track design. The racing is smooth and the cars handle great. You can also tune them up with turbo's, better suspension and tyres. There are a selection of events to try out in the Simulation (Career) mode like endurance races, Formula 1 races (Fictional Polyphony designed F1 racers)and Rally stages. Also there is an arcade mode to try out if you want to have some fun or play some multiplayer. There are a nice selection of courses ranging from real life to fictional circuits like Laguna Seca and Deep Forest Raceway. A couple of complains though drag this game down: The endurance events are an eyesore and boring (some endurance events have you racing for 2.5 hours), the Test Course is a boring race track to race around (basically its just a big Oval) and no skill needed to drive round it, there are 150 cars or so to buy (or win) and race, which is considerably lower than the previous installment's 600 cars (Gran Turismo 2) and because there is no damage in the game, you can pretty much smash into other racers or walls and survive. However Gran Turismo 3 is a great racing game and should appeal to fans of car simulator games. Expand
  16. Sep 5, 2012
    This was the only Gran Turismo I owned and I thought it was very good. The graphics at the time were phenomenal and the car selection was deep. I am not a fan of racing games as this was one of the only ones I've ever owned, but it was definitely a title worth having. The only downfall I think was that you had to do some pretty repetitive tasks to accumulate money. The big thing I wantedThis was the only Gran Turismo I owned and I thought it was very good. The graphics at the time were phenomenal and the car selection was deep. I am not a fan of racing games as this was one of the only ones I've ever owned, but it was definitely a title worth having. The only downfall I think was that you had to do some pretty repetitive tasks to accumulate money. The big thing I wanted to see in this game though that wasn't present was damage on the cars, I've been told that this would cost the creators too much? Expand
  17. Mar 26, 2015
    If you're looking for a realistic racing game, if you're looking for a graphically pleasing game, if you're looking for a game that let's you beef up your cars, then look no further, because Gran Tourismo 3 fits all of the above.
  18. May 9, 2016
    Gran Turismo 3 A-Spec and NFS Underground are best Racing Games on PS2 . Gran Turismo 3 is one of the best game of 2001 in my opinion . Graphics in this game is very good for 2001 and Many Different real cars . Gran Turismo 3 A-Spec even better than Gran Turismo 4 . 8/10 .
  19. Jun 22, 2017
    This game brought my passion for racing to life and the feeder music is just amazing. I got the disc and played non stop for like half a year and just couldn't get enough. The graphics are awesome, the car mechanics are insane that you might actually think you're driving at some point. Gran Tourismo 3 A-spec is the best and I mean the best racing simulator period.
  20. Nov 3, 2016
    A truly revolutionary racing game for its time, all other Gran Turismos that came after didnt do anyhting as close as to what GT3 did. If only one bad thing i can tell bout GT3 then its the bloody grind.
  21. Apr 9, 2017
    Graphiquement décevant (le célèbre scintillement et l'aliasing de fou, spécialités de la PS3) un contenu bien chétif -pour ne pas dire sabré- par rapport à GT2 et un comportement routier qui stagne, des sons qui n'évoluent pas...

Certes, toujours pas de concurrence digne de ce nom à l'horizon (et à son époque) mais ce n'est pas une raison pour se reposer sur ses lauriers comme ça ! Créateur du genre, Polyphony délivre une suite qui se laisse jouer mais qui ne convainc plus vraiment au fil des heures : une douche froide incompréhensible.
  22. Oct 7, 2017
    A really fun game, with nice physics, cool music and amazing graphics, although with much less cars (150 approx.) than its predecessor (Gran Turismo 2; 600 cars approx.) since Polyphony had only a year to optimize the game (including all models and textures) for PlayStation 2. Fortunately, the game doesn't look as weird as Gran Turismo 2000 (a demo to show the power of PS2's hardware,A really fun game, with nice physics, cool music and amazing graphics, although with much less cars (150 approx.) than its predecessor (Gran Turismo 2; 600 cars approx.) since Polyphony had only a year to optimize the game (including all models and textures) for PlayStation 2. Fortunately, the game doesn't look as weird as Gran Turismo 2000 (a demo to show the power of PS2's hardware, which is basically a remastering of Gran Turismo 2 similar to Crash Bandicoot: N-sane Trilogy's), the number of tracks is pretty nice (19 normal + 17 reverse = 36 tracks) so you got a lot of kilometers of asphalt and dirt to race and hundreds of hours of racing to enjoy. Me, I have most Gran Turismo Mode races and all the Arcade Mode completed! Expand

#5 Most Discussed PS2 Game of 2001
#2 Most Shared PS2 Game of 2001

1. GT3 simply is one of the best looking racers to date on any system. In fact, it's one of the best looking games available for the PS2, even being two years past its initial release date.
  2. Better physics, smarter opponents, and a huge leap in its visual presentation make GT3 a racer well worth playing.
  3. The gameplay is rock solid and the graphical upgrade makes everything feel fresh and new.