• Publisher: SCEA
  • Release Date: Jul 9, 2001
8.5

1. EdgardG.
    Jun 23, 2005
    I seem to be the only one who didnt like this game. The car is going 60mph and it seems like its going 20. If u like speed and action youll hate this game, but if u like graphics, youll like it....I HATED IT. It came with my ps2 and i played it once or twice! Its wicked boring!
  2. ToddT.
    Aug 7, 2001
    Great graphics, but lacked something. Found the game to be very boring. Owned it for 5 days and traded it in for "Wild Wild Racing," which is a totally awesome and underrated game!!
  3. ArkyR.
    May 4, 2002
    I gave it a 1 because there are no guns. YOU NEED GUNS!
  4. Erin
    Jan 22, 2002
    Excellent graphics, but the game play sucks.
  5. PhilN>
    May 3, 2002
    It sucks. It's way too long to get money and it's boring.
  6. Hype
    Jul 4, 2004
    Bad sense of speed, bad AI, not very realistic.
  7. JasonL.
    Jun 17, 2002
    Overall sucks.
  8. Jul 10, 2013
    I can't wrap my head around that this game has a 95 on Metacritic. Gran Turismo 3: A-Spec is just plain overrated. The visuals, car designs, and soundtrack are really good, but that's all. The controls are awkward and sluggish. When you move left (or right), you are locked in moving left until you move right. You try it for yourself and see how it is. But I must be seeing things because II can't wrap my head around that this game has a 95 on Metacritic. Gran Turismo 3: A-Spec is just plain overrated. The visuals, car designs, and soundtrack are really good, but that's all. The controls are awkward and sluggish. When you move left (or right), you are locked in moving left until you move right. You try it for yourself and see how it is. But I must be seeing things because I think I'm the only one who's mentioned this. You might say that I need a better car (since I just started playing), but that right there is another problem. Any drivingracing game should never be that dependent on the car selection. That is a life lesson on racing games. Expand

1. GT3 simply is one of the best looking racers to date on any system. In fact, it's one of the best looking games available for the PS2, even being two years past its initial release date.
  2. Better physics, smarter opponents, and a huge leap in its visual presentation make GT3 a racer well worth playing.
  3. The gameplay is rock solid and the graphical upgrade makes everything feel fresh and new.