Gran Turismo 3: A-Spec PlayStation 2

• Release Date: Jul 9, 2001
8.4

1. JoeM.
    Jun 9, 2003
    This game is the best and will always be the best. It challenges your patience as well as your skill.
  2. Jack
    Aug 13, 2001
    Been playing this game far too much (according to my girlfriend.) It is great. Graphics are great, the driving is great. Only thing that bugs me is the computer controlled cars AS (Artificial stupidity). I mean they follow a preprogrammed course, and that's it. In a game this great every little weakness shines through, and while otherwise a great game the AI can be sometimes pretty annoying.
  3. Benzino
    Sep 20, 2001
    Without a doubt the best racing game ever. It will take months to beat this game and that's if you play 24/7. It's not a perfect game but has there ever been a perfect game? The best graphics ever and one of the hardest games to complete!
  4. NaamanB.
    Jul 13, 2003
    The most superior racing sim to date!! Visuals are 1st class, music is plausible, engine noises actually sound like the real thing and is different for each of the 150 cars. Realism is unrivaled; even the famed Skip Barber Racing School gave tips. Addiction factor is very good if you know what you are doing. A hard game, a Playstation hallmark.
  5. WilliamW.
    Dec 29, 2001
    Forget 11, this game deserves a 20. It is the best racing ever. Quite possibaly the best game of all time.
  6. Kewlkat
    Aug 15, 2007
    Imagine the most graphically enhanced racing game on ps2 with unmatched precision controls and an unbeatable single player mode. Now top it off with fantasy cars you will never be able to drive in real life, and a song playlist that's to die for. Ok, are you finished? Ok, now go buy Gran Turismo 3: A-Spec, and don't be surprised your expectations were topped.
  7. Sep 11, 2012
    Even by the standards of the day, GT3 A-Spec has unbelievable graphics and unmatched driving physics. Framerate is smooth, there are a lot of cars to choose from, a full range of adjustable driving assists and some of the most realistic driving you will ever come across in a racing game. The licesnes are fun and gold medal is actually difficult unlike most modern games. There are a lot ofEven by the standards of the day, GT3 A-Spec has unbelievable graphics and unmatched driving physics. Framerate is smooth, there are a lot of cars to choose from, a full range of adjustable driving assists and some of the most realistic driving you will ever come across in a racing game. The licesnes are fun and gold medal is actually difficult unlike most modern games. There are a lot of cars that are hugely detailed (although admittedly some cars do look noticeably better than others) and controls are simple, responsive and make every corner satisfying. The choice of tracks is dissapointing but you still get some decent ones like Mazda Laguna Seca. The amount of content in this game, the replay value and addictiveness of trying to beat best times even on livesnses where you drive in a straight line and stop inside a box means that it's a game which can be enjoyed at any point, anytime. The attention to detail combined with its simplicity but hidden complexity in trying to get best times makes it both accessible, fun and hardcore. If they added more tracks this would be the ultimate simulator for its time. All it would be missing is interior view. Expand
  8. Oct 3, 2010
    Incredible game, amazing graphics for the time and pretty much the best driving simulator that had come out at the time. This game had insane hype and it's one of those rare cases where a game this hyped lives up to it and then some.
  9. CrazyDude
    Jun 1, 2005
    This is by far the worst game ever and I'm being completely honest with you. I give it 10 out of 10 and my cat ate it. Your Friend, Spanky.
  10. LilG.
    Jun 14, 2002
    Buy this game! Buy a gameshark too! Way to hard. Awesome graphics!
  11. Jun 26, 2011
    now i wasnt into GT 1 or 2 very much but 3 just changed my whole view of this series . its a driving sim done to pretty much perfection . you get over 500 cars a ton of tracks the controls are fantastic steering wheel or controler i found worked great. the graphics in there day looked fantastic and the music was pretty good some nice tracks like the cult's she sells sanctaury and more.now i wasnt into GT 1 or 2 very much but 3 just changed my whole view of this series . its a driving sim done to pretty much perfection . you get over 500 cars a ton of tracks the controls are fantastic steering wheel or controler i found worked great. the graphics in there day looked fantastic and the music was pretty good some nice tracks like the cult's she sells sanctaury and more. there are a ton of races in this game and to complete it will take you a long long time . i spent over 100 hours i9n this game and it stands to me the best racing game ever made . Expand
  12. Apr 9, 2013
    Ever since this game, every racing game has been compared to it. It's just the greatest racing game ever. So much has been rightfully said. If you have yet to play it, wtf
  13. Jan 31, 2011
    One of the best racing games ever made for the Playstation 2. Killer soundtrack, great graphics, and fast cars make this game legendary for the racing genre.
  14. May 29, 2012
    Amazing third part of the series. As usual, includes more cars, more tracks and more features than previous games. However, GT3 don't have anything new aside from the amazing graphics. They could have implemented some kind of damage system, more night tracks or some weather effects. Still, the best racing game in PS2.
  15. Oct 30, 2012
    I remember this game well, it's still the best racing game that I've ever played. I've spent countless hours on this game for years. So many cars to buy, so many championships, I don't think I've ever got to complete it fully due to the difficulty to gain the 'S' license, but the game itself is so diverse. There's something for everyone. Highly enjoyable, beautiful songs, beautifulI remember this game well, it's still the best racing game that I've ever played. I've spent countless hours on this game for years. So many cars to buy, so many championships, I don't think I've ever got to complete it fully due to the difficulty to gain the 'S' license, but the game itself is so diverse. There's something for everyone. Highly enjoyable, beautiful songs, beautiful graphics for 2001.. A triumph. Expand
  16. Oct 8, 2014
    This is the best racing game i have ever played!
    featuring over 180 cars, with an incredible graphics (for a ps2 game).
    the physics is really great.
    this game is really the first GT game that change my life forever.
    ive even learned to drive from gt3.
    the best racing game that i have ever played (over 400 hours on it)
  17. Jan 4, 2016
    A PS2 Classic and absolutely amazing! Sleek menu interfaces, challenging, and tons of cars! Hours and hours of replay value. Gran Turismo 3 It never gets old.
  18. Sep 23, 2016
    perfect************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
  19. NateMiracle
    Jan 2, 2003
    New, phat, fast cars. Better graphics, and music. Additional tracks but only 150+ cars. but still an addictive racing game!
  20. SashaK.
    Dec 1, 2001
    GT3 kicks ass! What is up with all these formulas and stuff? From GT 1 all the way up the game was based on typical cars racing like the scca. While the graphics in part 3 are amazing I miss the 500 car selection from part 2. Cars that no one cares about have been put in this game for no reason they took out the Eclipse which was in the lineup in both of earlier parts. IN part 2 a certain GT3 kicks ass! What is up with all these formulas and stuff? From GT 1 all the way up the game was based on typical cars racing like the scca. While the graphics in part 3 are amazing I miss the 500 car selection from part 2. Cars that no one cares about have been put in this game for no reason they took out the Eclipse which was in the lineup in both of earlier parts. IN part 2 a certain amount of hp is allowed in every race and that was cool because it kept a challenge in the game. While talks about tougher A.I I?ve had no problem with the game. The soundtrack is terrible there is no real racing music. Rock is NOT racing music Techno and some rap IS racing music. But all an all GT3 could have seen a LOT better but its still a great game. Expand
  21. DavidS.
    Aug 30, 2001
    Overall, the game is beatiful! Great graphics, sounds, and lighting effects. There aren't as many cars as before, but 150+ is still plenty. On the downside, it takes way too long to acquire enough money for a car that competes. Also, I'm disappointed that the used car lot is gone now. It's a great game, but it feels like the first GT with better graphics. Nothing new here, Overall, the game is beatiful! Great graphics, sounds, and lighting effects. There aren't as many cars as before, but 150+ is still plenty. On the downside, it takes way too long to acquire enough money for a car that competes. Also, I'm disappointed that the used car lot is gone now. It's a great game, but it feels like the first GT with better graphics. Nothing new here, but I'd still recommend it! Expand
  22. BrianB.
    Jan 7, 2002
    Just bought this game and I can't put the damn controller down, I haven't put any other game in my ps2 since.
  23. B.S.
    Oct 9, 2002
    Great but the shadows that go over your car sometimes really bug me! You should rent before you buy... There really isn't to much to say about a perfect game.
  24. EdwinM.
    Jun 30, 2002
    This game, although flawed in some ways, is the best console racing game I have ever played. The physics are great. The graphics are good, though not as good as, say, Project Gotham Racing or RalliSport Challenge for the XBOX. There are nowhere near as many cars as in GT2, and the ability to do racing modification is missed. There is also no used car lot. The AI could use some work, but This game, although flawed in some ways, is the best console racing game I have ever played. The physics are great. The graphics are good, though not as good as, say, Project Gotham Racing or RalliSport Challenge for the XBOX. There are nowhere near as many cars as in GT2, and the ability to do racing modification is missed. There is also no used car lot. The AI could use some work, but it's not all that bad. Overall, this is a great game. All that's left to say is: Bring on Gran Turismo 4!!! Expand
  25. RobertG.
    Aug 1, 2002
    This game rocks! Yeah, it's hard at first to get money... but hey, THAT'S LIFE! You just have to stick to it... after a week, I was to the point where I was winning all the cool, fast cars. NISSAN SKYLINES RULE!!!
  26. Beavis
    Feb 20, 2003
    Cool.
  27. HeatherA.
    Nov 1, 2001
    I finally got my PS2 and Gran Turismo 3 is an excellent buy for the money! Way better graphics compared to G.T.2! I give it a 9 for no damage and the cardboard-looking fans. Flags move, but they don't?
  28. ChrisB.
    Dec 5, 2001
    Man! What a cool game. Not flawless but the only racing game to have right now. The music? I think it's great! Glad it's not the usual techno bull.
  29. MichaelP.
    Oct 8, 2001
    I give this game a 9 because of the damage. It doesn?t matter how hard you crash...no damage! But there is a huge selection of cars and the music is ok but kinda behind the times. If you have ps2 buy this game!!
  30. SeanB.
    Jul 17, 2001
    Lots of fun. When I first played the game I knew I'd be playing it for years and still be having fun.

#5 Most Discussed PS2 Game of 2001
#2 Most Shared PS2 Game of 2001

1. GT3 simply is one of the best looking racers to date on any system. In fact, it's one of the best looking games available for the PS2, even being two years past its initial release date.
  2. Better physics, smarter opponents, and a huge leap in its visual presentation make GT3 a racer well worth playing.
  3. The gameplay is rock solid and the graphical upgrade makes everything feel fresh and new.