• Publisher: SCEA
  • Release Date: Feb 22, 2005
8.4

1. Feb 24, 2011
    To start off, this game was and still is fun to play. The graphics on the cars are really good and you feel that the developers took their time on it. The game play is the same as always, so theres nothing more to say; its straight forward easy to get into. The amount of content in the game from the over 800 cars to the numerous amount of tracks to choose from, this game doesn't ever get boring. One thing that bugged me though, was the endurance events, especially the 24hr ones. How do you expect a person to stay up for 24 hours, or 9 if you do directors mode with pit stops? Other than that, this game was and still is a great piece of gaming that doesn't disappoint. Expand
  2. Nov 26, 2010
    You talk about an awsome driving game!This game is like a perfect version of Gran turismo 3.I can't tell you how much I enjoy every part of this game.For a deep single player game,you have it here.This is by far a better racing game then anything on the market before it.Lasting appeal is Gran Turismo 4 and one that will be remembered for a long time.A game that has a big piece in gaming history.Great game! Expand
  3. May 22, 2011
    This is one of the best racing games ever it has graphics that one of my friends said was "xbox 360 quality" it's great by its self but it's even better if you have the car set thing it's a fun 9/10 ps2 game.
  4. Nov 13, 2012
    I've spent half of my life on this game. Despite the lack of Ferrari or Porsche, despite having way too many japanese cars, this game is the best racing game on Playstation 2 and the best Gran Turismo yet. There is so much to learn and to do in this game if you love cars or just driving !
  5. May 13, 2013
    It's a really nice game, i have to say... but there is just something missing there. Is it more cars? Is it more tracks? Is it more innovation? I don't know.
  6. Aug 6, 2013
    Este juego esta muy bueno, me gusto mucho, cuando jugue a este juego, pense que estaba dentro de un auto, me parecio un buen simulador de autos, vale la pena jugarlo.
  7. Sep 18, 2013
    Definetely the drive of your life! It's an amazing game. Amazing! It has everything a car lover needs! Circuits, realistic driving, cars, lots of cars! The game is never boring at all and has the right difficulty. I am not a racing fanatic, but I loved it and still enjoy it a lot! So far still better than Gran Turismo 5 and surely the best installment in the Grant Turismo series.

If you
    like similation, this game is for you. You will need to learn how to drive correctly and many races are long enough to keep the interest high for months!
    This game is close to perfection, because it makes you wanna drive and drive for hours!
    If you buy the official GT steering wheel, you will increase the fun!
  8. Dec 8, 2013
    Gran Turismo 4 is the recipe Polyphony Digital and Sony should stick to, no deviation just refinement. This game had it all including 54 tracks (to date the most tracks of any Gran Turismo game), 721 cars and a career mode that is insanely huge and challenging. I never completed this game which is not a criticism, just a testament to how large the game is. Sedan, Rally, Open Wheeler, Touring Cars this game was as diverse as it was huge. The multiplayer was also great with the car selection being half the fun going through 80 manufacturers to pick the best car.

The only problem I had with this game when it came out was its lack of damage, which if included would've made the game a perfect console racer in its day, instead of the only the best. It is still enjoyable to return to approaching a decade after its release which for a car game is testament to the vastness that is Gran Turismo 4.

1. Whilst the game can offer a certain joy of ownership for a fraction of the cost, those who are not passionately interested in motoring in general won’t want to put the required effort in.
    Some professional race drivers even use the incredibly life-like tracks in this game to prepare themselves for the real thing.
    Blows by the competition like it was sitting on jack stands, and is the new high-water mark by which all other driving games will be judged.