Gran Turismo 4 PlayStation 2

Sep 7, 2005
    Nothing better exists.
  2. BerS.
    Mar 5, 2005
    The best GT ever, and thats the bottom line.
  3. KevinD.
    Mar 8, 2005
    This game kick ass.
  4. MikeP.
    Mar 20, 2005
    Very good game with very nice graphics.
  5. Mark
    Mar 7, 2005
    Truly amazing.
  6. Navarra32Memento
    Apr 28, 2005
    This game embeds the pleasure to drive. Each car is a real driving experience that you will never forget. So good..
  7. BenW.
    Feb 16, 2006
    The best GT game yet, but i can still think of plenty of improvements i'd like to see in GT5. Car damage would be a good start. Also a bigger variety of cars would be good, the selection of R34 skylines is massive, but it's missing things like cossies and RS turbo's. The B-Spec mode is quite good, and comes in handy when you wnat to make a cup of tea half way through an The best GT game yet, but i can still think of plenty of improvements i'd like to see in GT5. Car damage would be a good start. Also a bigger variety of cars would be good, the selection of R34 skylines is massive, but it's missing things like cossies and RS turbo's. The B-Spec mode is quite good, and comes in handy when you wnat to make a cup of tea half way through an endurance race. The music in GT4 is great, although annoyingly i can't seem to find some of the tracks for love nor money, Nitro by dieselboy + kaos is a great tune, but was made solely for GT4, you can't even download it! The makers of GT4 need to look at other games and take some notes. Modifications such as those available on need for speed would be good, and the rally mode needs to be more like colin mcrae rally (the handling on the rally mode is pretty crap really). The introduction of the pit crew is a vast improvement over GT3, now the car doesn't magically levitate and change the tyres all by itself without actually removing the wheels first. Bring on the PS3 and GT5! Expand
  8. LouisS.
    Jun 19, 2006
    This game will keep you amused for hours on end! There is so much crammed into the small disc, it will take ages to complete the whole game! The 4 years they spent on this one were so well spent, I would get a PlayStation3 just to have a go at it. If you don't have this game then it will be the best buy you have ever made!
  9. Nov 26, 2010
    You talk about an awsome driving game!This game is like a perfect version of Gran turismo 3.I can't tell you how much I enjoy every part of this game.For a deep single player game,you have it here.This is by far a better racing game then anything on the market before it.Lasting appeal is Gran Turismo 4 and one that will be remembered for a long time.A game that has a big piece in gamingYou talk about an awsome driving game!This game is like a perfect version of Gran turismo 3.I can't tell you how much I enjoy every part of this game.For a deep single player game,you have it here.This is by far a better racing game then anything on the market before it.Lasting appeal is Gran Turismo 4 and one that will be remembered for a long time.A game that has a big piece in gaming history.Great game! Expand
  10. May 17, 2015
    GRAPHICS! THESE GRAPHICS! Best racing game you can find. Year 2005? Are you kidding me? Best racing simulator, there is no other. License system, good old unlocking cars and 24 hours events. Beautiful.
  11. BenN.
    Mar 10, 2005
    Quality !
  12. May 13, 2013
    It's a really nice game, i have to say... but there is just something missing there. Is it more cars? Is it more tracks? Is it more innovation? I don't know.
  13. JamieR.
    Jun 10, 2007
    Graphics, realistic driving, fast cars, it's brilliant, but it would be better if it didn't go on for so long as it gets boring after a while (a very long while) that shows how long this game goes on for. One of the best points is that you can put a memory stick into the PS2s USB socket and take pictures of your cars and put them on your mms.
  14. JacobT
    Jan 20, 2010
    This game is ruely amazing, with brilliant physics and the sheer size of the game itself put it in a class of its own. If this game gets 89/100, imagine what gt5 will be like. if that ever comes......
  15. benjib.
    Aug 30, 2005
    Extreme attention to detail, best racing game around, but i would have given this game a 10, if the cars have damage every time they crash.
  16. AnonymousMC
    Feb 17, 2005
    this is gonna be THE game of 05 when it lands in Oz in March!!! It has all the right elements to be great, more cars, more tracks and graphics that make GT3 look like a Mega Drive game.How much further can the ps2 be pushed? It is gonna ROCK!!!
  17. MarkoK.
    Mar 7, 2005
    Gran turismo 4ever.
  18. Anthony
    Feb 24, 2005
    The driving experience is still not as solid as promised. Maybe it's my wheel, but it's touchy and over-sensitive when it doesn't need to be, and not sensitive enough when you want it to be. The graphics are absolutely stunning, though not "photo real" as the screenshots leads one to believe. I agree that the soundtrack is a bit weak and doesn't produce the adrenaline The driving experience is still not as solid as promised. Maybe it's my wheel, but it's touchy and over-sensitive when it doesn't need to be, and not sensitive enough when you want it to be. The graphics are absolutely stunning, though not "photo real" as the screenshots leads one to believe. I agree that the soundtrack is a bit weak and doesn't produce the adrenaline rush that one would like. The sheer number of tracks and cars to choose from in arcade mode alone is worth the price. Expand
  19. MarkW.
    Feb 28, 2005
    The graphics and the frame rate in particular are stunning. No, the computer controlled cars are brainless and there is no collision physics of any kind but the driving physics, variety of cars, track quality and extremely detailed car tuning (unique to Gran Turismo) along with the aforementioned incredible frame rate make this a must buy. It truly has infinite replay value. Also worth The graphics and the frame rate in particular are stunning. No, the computer controlled cars are brainless and there is no collision physics of any kind but the driving physics, variety of cars, track quality and extremely detailed car tuning (unique to Gran Turismo) along with the aforementioned incredible frame rate make this a must buy. It truly has infinite replay value. Also worth mentioning is the photo mode which is highly addictive and rewarding. Copying pictures to a USB drive and uploading them to a PC is surprisingly enjoyable and has to be a first for a console video game. The glitch list for this game is quite small considering it's size and scope. Expand
  20. KaydW.
    Mar 12, 2005
    You may think im a bit of a wimp, but It had me crying from the moment i watched the opening movie. I was sitting in my seat screaming Awesome! at nearly every frame i saw. To experience it in its true form however youll need the gt pro steering wheel. Simply put its the most beautifully developed and best game ever.
  21. FragglesT.
    Mar 16, 2005
    I'm going to try not to rehash everything said. First of all, the game is beautiful, the car list is much improved over GT3, etc. Now maybe it's just me, but the AI has seemed to have gotten worse. This of course is exacerbated by two key things: the increase in rolling start races, and the horrible changes to the rally mode. Let's start with the first. The Gran Turismo I'm going to try not to rehash everything said. First of all, the game is beautiful, the car list is much improved over GT3, etc. Now maybe it's just me, but the AI has seemed to have gotten worse. This of course is exacerbated by two key things: the increase in rolling start races, and the horrible changes to the rally mode. Let's start with the first. The Gran Turismo series generally has two types players: those who mod their cars and prefer to race against their own times and be so far ahead of the CPU that you can lap them in a two-lap race. The other type is the kind that prefers to have a really challenging race, where any mistake will cost them the race as they are maybe just a little undermatched to the CPU, but their driving skills are far superior. The problem is that the rolling start races, which of course always have the CPU "Ringer" at the front are ridiculous, and they force the user to seriously mod their cars way above the class they're racing in just to be able to catch up to the ringer, which, incidentally, is even faster in this game.Take for example one of the classic car challenges, which is a series race. I was in a 650-700 hp Chevelle SS, lightened, all drivetrain upgrades, etc. On the Nurburgring they had a rolling start. By the time I reached the start line so that I could fully accelerate (they limit you to 50 initalliy), the rest of the pack was right in front of me, while the '67 Cobra with 400 hp was 7-8+ seconds in front by the first turn. I was never actually able to pass him, due in part to the other CPU cars battering into me numerous times and cutting me off in the early part of the track. This is crappy for an individual race, but then in the context of a series, it's even worse. If my car is upgraded so that I can make up 8-15 sec. diff. from the start of a rolling race, then what happens when it's a standing start. I am way way ahead of everybody. So you either have races where you'll never catch up, or where you could sit at the start while the CPU does 2 laps, and still beat them. Of course, the ringer has also been tinkered with, and unfairly so. In this same series, the first standing start I was way ahead from the beginning. In the second standing start race, the ringer shot out to a 5 sec. lead going into the first turn, and then accelerated about two times faster as before. Total crap. Also, they completely ruined the fun of the rally mode because they are too lazy to do a damage model. So, since yes, damage is important in all racing and especially rallying, they impose a 5 sec. penalty (where you're limited to 31 mph for 5 sec.) any time the front half of your car touched the wall or the CPU. Now I might be able to deal with this, except that the CPU driving is so horrible that many times you'll hit something b/c he cuts you off or any other such nonsense. Additionally, the CPU gets no penalties. I can't tell how much fun it was for me when I was drifting around a turn and the CPU (following a normal line, not drifting) plowed into my side three times in the turn as it drove through me, and as my car spun off balance, I knicked his bumper and was rewarded with a 5 sec. penalty. Sweet. My other big gripe is that contrary to what one critic said about driving medium range cars for a while, that's BS. He obviously didn't play the very first rally, with an Easy difficulty which you only need your B (first) license for, and you get a 760hp Cadillac Cien for winning. Also, b/c of the Used Car Showrooms, you can start off with a much nicer car right from the start than if you were forced to buy new. In all, loads of fun, but there are some extremely frustrating problems. Props on the inclusion of city tracks in the rally mode. Expand
  22. AnonymousMC
    Mar 21, 2005
    In GT1 and GT2 the faceles cpu drivers were ok but in fourth (?) one could realy use some charecters. It would ad to whole racing experience if you for example entered in "supercar series" and would notice that there is your old rival from sundaycup, but instead of lupo he has espirit.

Also, no repaints or custom paints?

And what about the carwash ?! No ladies ?!
  23. RickN.
    Mar 22, 2005
    The size of the game, as always, is definately enough to keep you playing for a good long time and the graphics are top-notch. But for a game that is so obcessed with being the ultimate driving simulator, you'd think they would've included realistic crashes, rather than bouncing off cars/barriers like a souped-up bumper car. That said, it's still a cracking game.
  24. JoshuaB.
    Apr 7, 2005
    The game is the most best racing game I've had the chance to play.The frist game was cool.This is even better. I had to give it a strong 10!
  25. NoieC.
    Jan 20, 2006
    love the b-spec it is your friend, this isn't just a game read the cover its a driving simulator, gran turismo 4 is great, go out and buy it or play at a friends just get in ur gt4 time its good for you.
  26. mattm
    Aug 18, 2008
    best racing game there is, at some times the difficulty can be too hard and the b-spec is pointless to include in the game
  27. JacobH.
    Feb 10, 2005
    An awsome racing game.
  28. JohnM.
    Feb 17, 2005
    A game so good you'll play the demo everyday until you get it.
    Feb 18, 2005
    Easily the best in an phenomenal series that breaks the trend of pop culture that's been infecting the pure car game genre. Underground racers need not apply. This game is for real gearheads.
  30. TaylorH.
    Feb 20, 2005
    A great game.
  31. RalfW.
    Feb 20, 2005
    This game is very realistic.
  32. DavidF.
    Best game ever made so far ! :) 10/10
  33. Warmonger
    Feb 23, 2005
    Good but not what I was expecting!! poor soundtrack. The music was better in GT3- definitely PS2's last hurrah!!
  34. Mobius
    Feb 23, 2005
    There is no denying that this game is a looker and has the cars and traks, but it is just a stop gap until they re release it with online multiplayer. dont be taken for a ride and wait for the online version.
  35. MarkM.
    Feb 24, 2005
    NOTE: If this game doesn
  36. PhilipY.
    Mar 10, 2005
    The real driving simulator has become even realer than before. The grafic is quite the same I think but it´s way moor fun to play this than GT3. There are some things I miss but this is enough for me to survive until Granturismo 5 hits PS3. It's a gr8 game, but not as "grantastic"as GT2 was.
  37. LanceK.
    Mar 14, 2005
    Real driving and great fun. the controlling is easier and the graphics are 10 times better than the last one. I really love the muscle cars that are available on the gt4.
  38. JohnR
    Mar 17, 2005
    Amazing game, so much better than GT3.
  39. SunnyS.
    Mar 19, 2005
    Essential to your PS2 as your brain is to your nervous system.
  40. ReneS.
    Mar 2, 2005
    This is definitely the best GTon the market...No is is not a new ballgame but the best and beautifullest Gt game ever....And thats al wat I ask from a game....It must be better then its predecessors...En GT4 definitely is.
  41. Simon
    Apr 2, 2005
    They've ruined the rally with cars with less grip than my granny, the 5 second penalties suck the ai is inconsistent the driving missions are stupid, if you want a fun easy game get something else, the amount of cars is stunning with some real classics, still the best racing game, even tho rough round the edges, is gt5 going to be the same again tho?
  42. AnthonyP.
    Apr 22, 2005
    Grand Turismo is the best game ever.
  43. Sam
    May 28, 2005
    It's not the best car game, or the best game ever but it's better than 3 which i was dissapointed with, and the lack of personaltiy that Marcus B. pointed out is a shame, and it's not always fast, but there are tons of cars, the visuals are awesome compared to the screens i saw for Gears of War for Xbox 360, and car dorks and GT dorks should definitely get this game.
  44. BenG.
    Aug 10, 2005
    Great game with a few improvements over GT3. Absolutely hate the autosave!!! I wish I could add other spoilers, paint used cars, add vinyl, bodykits, and wider rims/tires to certain cars. I also want to take my custom cars out into a free-roaming city like in Midnight Club. I'm a hardcore car guy, but obviously this game was made by hardcore Japanese people who are predominantly into Great game with a few improvements over GT3. Absolutely hate the autosave!!! I wish I could add other spoilers, paint used cars, add vinyl, bodykits, and wider rims/tires to certain cars. I also want to take my custom cars out into a free-roaming city like in Midnight Club. I'm a hardcore car guy, but obviously this game was made by hardcore Japanese people who are predominantly into Japanese cars....very disappointing that I can't drive a Dodge Challenger or a Trans Am. I can, however, drive 10,000 almost-different EVO Lancers, NSX's, and Skylines. Expand
  45. MatthewP.
    May 26, 2006
    good cars should have a online mode better than gran turismo 3.
  46. JamieT.
    Aug 14, 2006
    One great game! It isn't the greatest game of all time but it is one great game.
  47. DJCgames
    Apr 12, 2009
    A very good and enjoyable game. Great graphics, a never ending selection of cars. very good and challenging tracks. The only problem is that there's no damage model and the al is unrealistic. Other than that a highly reccomended title
  48. AnonymousMC
    May 31, 2004
    I remember talking to a couple of friends while playing Gran Turismo 3 some years ago, and saying, "This game is hands down the best in every way! Guys, just imagine how amazing Gran Turismo 4 would be..." Well flash forward to the present and my imagination couldn't even brace itself for what I've seen of GT4. A game that exceedes the boundries of the imagination, is a game thatI remember talking to a couple of friends while playing Gran Turismo 3 some years ago, and saying, "This game is hands down the best in every way! Guys, just imagine how amazing Gran Turismo 4 would be..." Well flash forward to the present and my imagination couldn't even brace itself for what I've seen of GT4. A game that exceedes the boundries of the imagination, is a game that I want to own. I can't wait! Expand
  49. AlexS.
    Feb 25, 2005
    Best racing simulator to date. Period.
  50. NickL.
    Feb 25, 2005
    This game is a great two player game but a letdown from gt3 and gt2 single player mode. had a lot of expectations of this thinking it was going to have high graphics but it just has new tracks and new cars same graphics.
  51. M.K.
    Feb 28, 2005
    Everyone out there seems to be some what disappointed about Gt4. GT4 is what GT3 could have been. Gt3 was great, but Gt4 is greater. Some people moan about graphics that it is similar to Gt3. Get yourself an HDTV and hook up component cables. You'll definitely notice the difference! In fact, there are only handfull of games that support 1080i, and GT4 is only one for PS2. I cannot Everyone out there seems to be some what disappointed about Gt4. GT4 is what GT3 could have been. Gt3 was great, but Gt4 is greater. Some people moan about graphics that it is similar to Gt3. Get yourself an HDTV and hook up component cables. You'll definitely notice the difference! In fact, there are only handfull of games that support 1080i, and GT4 is only one for PS2. I cannot believe that developers pulled 1080i with 60fps on PS2! I don't think Forza will be able to do that. (they downed to 30 fps already.) It's beutiful to look at. Gameplay is still solid racer. B-spec mode is great when you get tired for races. I let cpu do the race while I go have a cig or catch Sportscenter. When I come back, I get money. Overall sound seems better than gt3. Music seems to be more suiting for racing than Gt3. So many people complain about the car damage. Have people played NFS: High Stakes? In simulation, it's pain in the butt to fix your car after every race. AI racers are good racers with precision, but rather dumb when it comes to competiting. Only one mode that I miss is online mode. I'm not really into online experience with consoles, but I was hoping gt4's sell-your-car mode can help. However, it doesn't interfere with car collecting frezy gt4 has to offer. If you love cars, get it. I was getting chills when I saw Delorean in the DMC shop! Too bad it doesn't have as much as european cars and american cars as I hoped for, but there is a car for almost everyone's taste. Muscles, Exotics, Rice rockets,even cars like Ford T, and Mercedez' first car. It's a great game, but not a truest simulation. Physics is still the best I've seen. It even improved over Gt3. Cars feel heavy like they should be and some cars like NSX understeers and some oversteers. Truest simulations are way too difficult to enjoy through TV screen and GT4 is a fun sim to let you enjoy cars. Stop complainin and enjoy! Expand
  52. MattB.
    Mar 12, 2005
    This game is the best racing simulation in the whole universe.
  53. AI
    Mar 21, 2005
    I am a casual gamer, but a serious driver. I found the experience is very realistic.
  54. TomL.
    Aug 22, 2005
    Simply Epic.
  55. EdwardK
    Jul 28, 2008
    Gran Turismo 4 (GT4) is a game that creates an imcomplete, but accurate racing reality. The vast amount of cars are satisfying, but can be repetitive with many different versions of a same car (the Nissan Skyline GT-R, for example). The tracks in the game bring back memories as the game features "original" tracks like the High Speed Ring, and more "real" tracks summon the great Gran Turismo 4 (GT4) is a game that creates an imcomplete, but accurate racing reality. The vast amount of cars are satisfying, but can be repetitive with many different versions of a same car (the Nissan Skyline GT-R, for example). The tracks in the game bring back memories as the game features "original" tracks like the High Speed Ring, and more "real" tracks summon the great experience. New features like the Photo Mode and the B-Spec Director's Mode are welcome additions to GT4. However, the simplicity of the additions can leave the Photo Mode as recreation and the B-Spec as a timesaver. The layout of the game is gorgeous, but the grand prominence of white isn't always that pleasing to the eyes. Expand
  56. Feb 24, 2011
    To start off, this game was and still is fun to play. The graphics on the cars are really good and you feel that the developers took their time on it. The game play is the same as always, so theres nothing more to say; its straight forward easy to get into. The amount of content in the game from the over 800 cars to the numerous amount of tracks to choose from, this game doesn't ever getTo start off, this game was and still is fun to play. The graphics on the cars are really good and you feel that the developers took their time on it. The game play is the same as always, so theres nothing more to say; its straight forward easy to get into. The amount of content in the game from the over 800 cars to the numerous amount of tracks to choose from, this game doesn't ever get boring. One thing that bugged me though, was the endurance events, especially the 24hr ones. How do you expect a person to stay up for 24 hours, or 9 if you do directors mode with pit stops? Other than that, this game was and still is a great piece of gaming that doesn't disappoint. Expand
  57. May 22, 2011
    This is one of the best racing games ever it has graphics that one of my friends said was "xbox 360 quality" it's great by its self but it's even better if you have the car set thing it's a fun 9/10 ps2 game.
  58. Nov 13, 2012
    I've spent half of my life on this game. Despite the lack of Ferrari or Porsche, despite having way too many japanese cars, this game is the best racing game on Playstation 2 and the best Gran Turismo yet. There is so much to learn and to do in this game if you love cars or just driving !
  59. Sep 18, 2013
    Definetely the drive of your life! It's an amazing game. Amazing! It has everything a car lover needs! Circuits, realistic driving, cars, lots of cars! The game is never boring at all and has the right difficulty. I am not a racing fanatic, but I loved it and still enjoy it a lot! So far still better than Gran Turismo 5 and surely the best installment in the Grant Turismo series.

If you

If you like similation, this game is for you. You will need to learn how to drive correctly and many races are long enough to keep the interest high for months!
    This game is close to perfection, because it makes you wanna drive and drive for hours!
    If you buy the official GT steering wheel, you will increase the fun!
  60. Dec 8, 2013
    Gran Turismo 4 is the recipe Polyphony Digital and Sony should stick to, no deviation just refinement. This game had it all including 54 tracks (to date the most tracks of any Gran Turismo game), 721 cars and a career mode that is insanely huge and challenging. I never completed this game which is not a criticism, just a testament to how large the game is. Sedan, Rally, Open Wheeler,Gran Turismo 4 is the recipe Polyphony Digital and Sony should stick to, no deviation just refinement. This game had it all including 54 tracks (to date the most tracks of any Gran Turismo game), 721 cars and a career mode that is insanely huge and challenging. I never completed this game which is not a criticism, just a testament to how large the game is. Sedan, Rally, Open Wheeler, Touring Cars this game was as diverse as it was huge. The multiplayer was also great with the car selection being half the fun going through 80 manufacturers to pick the best car.

The only problem I had with this game when it came out was its lack of damage, which if included would've made the game a perfect console racer in its day, instead of the only the best. It is still enjoyable to return to approaching a decade after its release which for a car game is testament to the vastness that is Gran Turismo 4.
  61. Nov 6, 2014
    Best racing game you can get on Playstation 2.

The graphics are great, awesome performance system, good racing/menu music, many interesting cars, and good old and new courses! I like the car sounds too, but it is not the best.

Another thing that i really like is that you can drive in many ways. The licences, missions, rally, a-spec and b-spec, and endurance racing!
  62. May 30, 2015
    Best racing game you can get on Playstation 2.

63. Jun 17, 2015
    Díficil achar algo ruim num jogo tão top como esse , tantos carros nossa jogo perfeito , fez parte da infancia de muitos , da pau nos jogos de corridas de hoje em dia
  64. Nov 23, 2015
    The game is just amazing. I love play this game. For me this game is amazing ! Nothing more to comment because this game is amazing ! I rate this 10/10
  65. Nov 20, 2016
    Quite honestly my favourite game ever made. I played it again recently and there is still nothing else like it. Of course, modern driving games like GT6 and Forza 5 have better physics, graphics and a better selection of cars and tracks but they lack something compared to to GT4. I believe it is quite simply the layout that makes this game so special. The world map containing everyQuite honestly my favourite game ever made. I played it again recently and there is still nothing else like it. Of course, modern driving games like GT6 and Forza 5 have better physics, graphics and a better selection of cars and tracks but they lack something compared to to GT4. I believe it is quite simply the layout that makes this game so special. The world map containing every dealership, race course and race event is a fantastic idea and I am still yet to see a game layout that can live up to it. Of course though, a game is not all about the layout, it's about actual gameplay, which GT4 also nails. It was comfortably the most advanced racing game for a number of years and got the very best out of an ageing console. Another thing I love about this game is the rate of progression and it's sheer length. A lot of racing games allow you to jump into some of the world's fastest cars almost right from the off, whereas others take so long before you get to drive anything good that it almost takes the fun out of it. GT4 gets the balance perfect. The way you have to start by earning all of your racing licenses and gradually working your way up to unlock different types of car for different types of races is something that makes this game amazing. It is a game that is incredibly challenging to complete to 100% and that is another reason why I love it so much. Easily the best game I've ever played. A solid 10/10 Expand
  66. Jan 31, 2017
    Las personas siempre suelen hablar de GT2, GT3, GT6 pero sorpresivamente jamás hablan de Gran Turismo 4, ustedes podrían imaginar que tal cantidad de vehículos, de efectos, de música, de pistas, de modificación, el despliegue visual y la jugabilidad exquisita que tiene este juego corra en una PS2? jamás se hubiese pensado. para mi el mejor juego de la saga. Perfecto

#4 Most Discussed PS2 Game of 2005
#17 Most Shared PS2 Game of 2005

1. Whilst the game can offer a certain joy of ownership for a fraction of the cost, those who are not passionately interested in motoring in general won’t want to put the required effort in.
    Some professional race drivers even use the incredibly life-like tracks in this game to prepare themselves for the real thing.
    Blows by the competition like it was sitting on jack stands, and is the new high-water mark by which all other driving games will be judged.