8.5

1. TylerF.
    Jan 3, 2003
    This game rules. It's graphics are awesome and anyone who hates this game is a mental nutcase or a girly little fifi.
  2. BobB.
    Dec 16, 2002
    This IS quite possibly the best game on the PS2 to this date, it has unlimited freedom (almost), and its lifespan is everlasting, any time you dont know what to do you'll end up playing with this game for hours on end. It is also good for a quick shoot out when you're busy. It has a good storyline, the plot flows well, its is enormous, and above all FUN.
  3. ShaunH.
    Nov 26, 2002
    This game is definitely the best i've ever played. I'd really appreciate more info. on the 4th city if its boggeville or boggsville i have heard many rumors about it and would like to know if it really exists. I've also heard of another person to work for and that he gives u 7 more missions i've heard his name is Darkal anyone know about him?
  4. J.Palm
    Nov 9, 2002
    This is a good game but the new GTA, GTA:Vice City is better.
  5. KyleB.
    Nov 6, 2002
    The game made to deter people from the playstation 2. This game could quite possibly be the worst game I have ever played, I have played some very bad games. The very plot of the game is both pethetic and illy prepared. The story of revenge has gotten to be one of the lamest and most predictable with a very lame plot twists. The sole fact the game is based on lust and ilegal activites. The game made to deter people from the playstation 2. This game could quite possibly be the worst game I have ever played, I have played some very bad games. The very plot of the game is both pethetic and illy prepared. The story of revenge has gotten to be one of the lamest and most predictable with a very lame plot twists. The sole fact the game is based on lust and ilegal activites. the game has got to be one of the worst looking games ever on the ps2 save for rune. The games only saving grace is the freedom of action which will be brought to a sudden end because of the swift justice brought about from Liberty Citys finest! The weapons are both unintresting and leave alot more to the immangination. This game should not be bought, possibly only to be rented, but only on a cheap night! Expand
  6. Alan
    Oct 8, 2002
    The best game ever made!!!!! Waiting for the next one to come out!!!
  7. B.S.
    Oct 8, 2002
    You know what I hate people using critic sites like this as a chat room, so I'm not replying to any messages! there is a fourth city but it has nothing to do with a black smith! The graphics are shooty and the game has a cumple glichs other than that it's perfect ( and I should know I'm a real hard ass).
  8. RyanM.
    Sep 21, 2002
    Could be the greatest game ever made, but if not, it's the best game for the PS2 and this decade.
  9. KevinM.
    Sep 16, 2002
    This game is great none-the-less. It has violence, action, and foul language...what else can you ask for? Anyway, I'm curious about this Boggsville story and would like to know more, but I guess I won't get to know the rest to that. Again, GTA III is awesome and Vice City, the next GTA, should be just as good.
  10. CoolAmIvan
    Sep 10, 2002
    Hey ''geoff c.'' u think im stupid?? well there is a town called boggeville. its codename for the 4th city. I know the secret how to get there. and in the 4th city there is a blacksmith and u you can use swords. there is also a big fight with this dude that takes forever to load. maybe u should know what ur tokin aboot before u go tellin me that im stupid. now go play Hey ''geoff c.'' u think im stupid?? well there is a town called boggeville. its codename for the 4th city. I know the secret how to get there. and in the 4th city there is a blacksmith and u you can use swords. there is also a big fight with this dude that takes forever to load. maybe u should know what ur tokin aboot before u go tellin me that im stupid. now go play ur 3 cities loser because u will never know the secret to boggsville!!!! hahahah! !!!!! muhahaha!!!! Expand
  11. GeoffC.
    Sep 9, 2002
    I was reading this section, when someone named"Cool Am Ivan" gave this a 3. What game is he talking about? Boggsville? Blacksmiths in Grand Theft Auto 3? Is he on something? You know, this "person" is very stupid to put a review on the wrong game. Anyway, I thought the game was great. so don't listen to that loser!!!
  12. BrandonH.
    Aug 11, 2002
    I have no freakin clue what cool am ivan is talking about. Since when is there a town in gta3 called boggsville, and since when does gta3 have battles in it? I'm pretty sure hes talking about godai: elemental force. Well, this game is great! It is a bit hard at times, but manageable. One thing i would like better in gta vice city is in car views, helicopters that stay in air longer I have no freakin clue what cool am ivan is talking about. Since when is there a town in gta3 called boggsville, and since when does gta3 have battles in it? I'm pretty sure hes talking about godai: elemental force. Well, this game is great! It is a bit hard at times, but manageable. One thing i would like better in gta vice city is in car views, helicopters that stay in air longer than 5 seconds, and better graphics. It would also be cool to go in bulidings. A better ending would be awesome too! Expand
  13. ScottS.
    Aug 7, 2002
    This game is really cool!
  14. AndyG.
    Aug 3, 2002
    THE BEST.
  15. UmbertoM.
    Jul 25, 2002
    There is only one thing to say about this game... awesome. The sense of freedom that it gives you cannot be described. GTA III and Medal of Honor Frontline must be owned by anyone. Frankly it's quite impossible to reach their greatness.
  16. JoshuaK.
    Jul 16, 2002
    Best game ever!
  17. CoolamIvan
    Jul 12, 2002
    It sucks how you have to wtach all the cutscenes each time you enter a new town (especially the long cutscene when you enter boggsville), and it is very linear. And i hate the blacksmith at the items store, he always buys things from you for 1/4 of what they are actually worth. plus it is very short, kinda like diablo but not as good at all. it gets sooo boring when it has to load each It sucks how you have to wtach all the cutscenes each time you enter a new town (especially the long cutscene when you enter boggsville), and it is very linear. And i hate the blacksmith at the items store, he always buys things from you for 1/4 of what they are actually worth. plus it is very short, kinda like diablo but not as good at all. it gets sooo boring when it has to load each battle for about 1 min. before actually fighting. stay away from this trash pile, stay far, far away. Expand
  18. JasonL.
    Jul 11, 2002
    Hey gamemakers, if you produce games like this you will make a lot of money, it is that simple. PLEASE don't change the sequel too much.
  19. AnonymousMC
    Jul 9, 2002
    Denny D you're a moron - of course its got foul language/sexual content thats why its rated 18. Its not for kids - its a fantastic game encompasses the darker side of our streets. A must buy for anyone (of a certain age and above) who owns a PS2
  20. Enthasius
    Jul 9, 2002
    This game deserves nothing......but the highest of praise! Truly, THIS is the stuff that games can be if the creators just buckle down, and focus on the important issues of the game at hand. Some say the graphics are grey, and dull...but thats the way the city is isn't it? Walk into any city centre, its grey. This is just proof of its gritty, dark nature. Superb stuff.
  21. J.Lowell
    Jul 8, 2002
    THIS GAME ROCKS! I can't wait for the next one!!!!!! buy this game.
  22. Kevin
    Jul 2, 2002
    This may just be the best PS2 game ever!
  23. J.Bob
    Jun 25, 2002
    One word, AWESOME.
  24. J.Bob
    Jun 25, 2002
    One word, AWESOME.
  25. AlexW.
    Jun 23, 2002
    The best game I have seen in a long time! It has great graphics, sound, and great gameplay. If you have not played this game go and play it! Everybody, who's anybody must play this game!!! :-)
  26. SimonO.
    Jun 22, 2002
    This is the best game in the world to ps2, I played it in a store for free and now I have the game at home. It is just addictive!!
  27. CrisC.
    Jun 21, 2002
    Suppa. Naturally Suppa!
  28. MikeyC.
    Jun 18, 2002
    So sweet!!!
  29. Adder
    Jun 15, 2002
    It's a very bad game. When I started it, it worked very SLOW. It shocked. And it even went stock. So if there is someone who had the same problem, please HELP me with this so I can rate this very good game much higher!
  30. Jimbob
    Jun 10, 2002
    The best game ever, although when I took to a pimp on the side of the road with my baseball bat, he didn't drop money like in the game.
  31. Steve
    Jun 2, 2002
    Do yourself a favor -- if you don't own this game, go buy it. Trust me, you will NOT regret it. Has to be one of the best all time games
  32. EstebanB.
    Jun 2, 2002
    One of the best games created, since who knows what.
  33. KevinA.
    Jun 2, 2002
    This game is the coolest! With the many missions and not a sign of draw-in, this is the best PS2 game ever.
  34. RobertS.
    May 11, 2002
    Best game i ever played.....period.
  35. LilW.
    May 5, 2002
    The game is cooooooool!! If u diss it i will set my pogo the monkey on u. If ur wondering whether to buy it cos ur stupid, i have one thing to say. TANK!! NOW GO BUY!!! By the way, I flew for over 60 secs in the Dido, YEAH!
  36. JonD.
    Apr 16, 2002
    This game is the best in the world. I like running over the person's car you just stole.
  37. DaveE.
    Apr 11, 2002
    This is a totally amazing game. The missions vary widely and never get boring, and almost all of them have multiple solutions. This game loses points for a slightly 'floaty' physics engine, and a nearly unusable targeting system. Despite these drawbacks, this title is a must-buy for any PS2 owner.
  38. ChrisG.
    Apr 10, 2002
    I like it because it has good graphics and fun missions.
  39. PersonIforget.
    Apr 9, 2002
    This is the best game ever made. Beating the crap out of people. Blowing their brains away. Robbing cars. I mean it can't get any better, and for the people who rated this game, bad. If you don't like the sex and all that stuff. Then just dont play it. Duhhh. All in all this is the best game ever. Cant wait till it comes out on pc. I love this game, and the weird thing is,This is the best game ever made. Beating the crap out of people. Blowing their brains away. Robbing cars. I mean it can't get any better, and for the people who rated this game, bad. If you don't like the sex and all that stuff. Then just dont play it. Duhhh. All in all this is the best game ever. Cant wait till it comes out on pc. I love this game, and the weird thing is, I've never played it. Expand
  40. IanWendt
    Apr 3, 2002
    this is the best game for playstation 2. Why? Cuz you get to pick up sluts and fuck their brains out. Yes yes i know im a nymphomaniac, but what straight guy isnt? The best part is using the cheat that lets you be a slut and then pick up a slut so they can have lesbo sex!!! Awesome isnt it?
  41. Alex
    Mar 30, 2002
    It allows people to see the life on the bad side instead of always being the good side. It takes game players to the joys of being a little bad like no other game has.
  42. DavidH.
    Mar 30, 2002
    This game has an incredible range of motors, great graphics.
  43. ChrisR.
    Mar 23, 2002
    This game must be the best game ever created for the ps2 !!! wooooo!
  44. H.H.Lee
    Mar 22, 2002
    Sure, this game ain't as pretty as other 'next-gen' titles, but anyone who has the brains to take gameplay into consideration, will definitely deem this game as one of the finest games ever made.
  45. PsychoMantis
    Mar 11, 2002
    A greeeaaat game, lotsa replay value in this title, very nice "radio stations" you can select while in a vehicle, one minor gripe though, the graphics could be better, but considering the scale and fun of this title it's very easily forgiven A+!!!!
  46. DamenE.
    Mar 11, 2002
    If I could rate 100, I would. Unlike any other, this game is so real that I can't begin to explain. Try it.
  47. BrookU.
    Mar 4, 2002
    I'm speechless. This game is amazing.
  48. PhilW.
    Mar 1, 2002
    I think it's just endless fun which doesn't lack anything.
  49. TylerW.
    Feb 24, 2002
    HOLY CRAP!!!
  50. TimA.
    Feb 22, 2002
    This is the greatest game to have ever hit the market! I don't even leave my house anymore, I've beaten it 3 times but I still love playing it. There are only 2 things I dont like about GTA 3: The ending and the fact that you can't go into buildings, but it still is awesome!
  51. BradL.
    Feb 22, 2002
    This is the greatest game ever, I play it until my eyes get strained and boggy, then take a 10 minute break!
  52. B-Murder
    Feb 22, 2002
    Jonas W. is a complete moron to think this game is dull. This is by far the best game for action and replay value. Short of going outside and killing people yourself, Rockstar Games has pulled this one off perfectly!
  53. JonH.
    Feb 21, 2002
    The best stress reliever I've seen lately.
  54. BallyC.
    Feb 19, 2002
    Prostitution gave this game a cut above the rest!
  55. BenK.
    Feb 18, 2002
    Bugger me sideways!! This game kicks arse.
  56. GuyH.
    Feb 16, 2002
    Prefecto....I love it now if only I could save to buy a PS2 and stop going to my friends house to play it. I'd really give it a 20 but you guys restrict me to 10.
  57. PhillipR.
    Feb 15, 2002
    This game is just Brilliant. Cannot stop playing it.
  58. Gary
    Feb 12, 2002
    Just so cool game, period.
  59. SuperDude
    Feb 11, 2002
    It is a really great game, it's just that I can't seem to wanna play it more and more. When I get killed or busted I just feel like quiting.
  60. RobD.
    Feb 9, 2002
    Really coool but should be able to go in buildings and banks.
  61. Jani
    Feb 6, 2002
    The freedom is unlike anything I have ever felt. U can almost do anything u like. A great game.
  62. KaganD.
    Feb 5, 2002
    This game is great! You have such a freedom where you cannot find it anywhere else. The reason for giving 9 out of 10 are the graphics. I still believe that the graphics could be improved. Nevermind, enjoy the story and the radio.
  63. BrianB.
    Feb 4, 2002
    I wish there was a higher # on the rating scale for this game cuz it is awesome. The one thing my friend and I didn't like was the ending, it was pretty dull. But other than that it was sheer brilliance, perfecto.
  64. JonasW.
    Feb 4, 2002
    The game is straight up stupid and dull.
  65. Jason
    Feb 2, 2002
    Da best damn game ever made. Period.
  66. THCCannibal
    Feb 2, 2002
    Chunkier than cottage cheese!
  67. Elmo
    Feb 2, 2002
    The game made me laugh, a lot. It's so real. It feels great and plays well. It's the little things that count and GTA3 has loads. Waiting for trains, fights between gangs, headlights in the rain, the more you make the guy run the fitter he gets. It's thing like this that make games, GTA3 is packed full of fun gore and other things your mum hates!
  68. NivYaayi
    Feb 1, 2002
    Great, just great.
  69. GiancarloS.
    Jan 31, 2002
    Refreshing blow up your mind fun, you can virtually do anything...the Best game ever...GTAIII got everything cars, weapons, gore, sex, drugs and rock and roll.
  70. Chris(TheJACK)
    Jan 29, 2002
    This game rules and the guy who rated it in next gen should be fired and learn what games are all about. This has cutting edge graphics and a full graphically interfaceable city! What other game has that?! ANSWER ME Mr. I'm from next gen. gaming magazine and I don't know what games are all about because I've never PLAYED THEM! No other game has that. That's the answer. This game rules and the guy who rated it in next gen should be fired and learn what games are all about. This has cutting edge graphics and a full graphically interfaceable city! What other game has that?! ANSWER ME Mr. I'm from next gen. gaming magazine and I don't know what games are all about because I've never PLAYED THEM! No other game has that. That's the answer. What are you playing virtual reality games that link to your nerve cords?! That's the only step forward from here! Absolute must buy it's the reason I bought PS2!! Expand
  71. AliciaR.
    I cannot stop playing!
  72. AaronB.
    Jan 28, 2002
    I haven't even played the game yet, but still it is a masterpiece.
  73. DavidW.
    Jan 28, 2002
    This is the single most pure gaming experience available, you can do almost any thing you want in a large expansive city, you can "get away with murder" or you can climb in a tank an go on a low speed but highly amusing chase around a city with all sorts still going on around. Such as pimpers pimpin hustlers hustlin and hookers er... Hoakin? anyway put simply GTA3 = BEST GAME EVER.
  74. BrianW.
    Jan 27, 2002
    I am going to start out by saying that this game is simple a masterpiece. It has graphics, well thought out plot, comments hilarious, commercials even funnier. GAME=GREAT
    Jan 23, 2002
    Pissed? Pump some bitch fulla lead! And you don't have to go to jail either. GTA3 is the answer. Stop beating that pillow! GTA3 is the ultimate stress reliever. If this game existed since the beginning of time there would be no crime! Extremely satisfying. The one game that everyone should own and you can NEVER get bored of. I give this game 11!
  76. MarkD.
    Jan 22, 2002
    The Best Video Game I've ever played by far. Through Nintendo, Super Nintendo, N64, Game Cube, Playstation , and P2... Nothing compares to it. This is the coolest dam game around. Anyone who gives it bad reviews is to much of a fruit cake to realize otherwise. Down with Next Gen Magazine, who gave it a shitty review. Probably had two losers review it. AGAIN THE COOLEST. CRAZIEST. The Best Video Game I've ever played by far. Through Nintendo, Super Nintendo, N64, Game Cube, Playstation , and P2... Nothing compares to it. This is the coolest dam game around. Anyone who gives it bad reviews is to much of a fruit cake to realize otherwise. Down with Next Gen Magazine, who gave it a shitty review. Probably had two losers review it. AGAIN THE COOLEST. CRAZIEST. BEST GAME OUT THERE TODAY! Expand
  77. IanT.
    Jan 18, 2002
    Best console game ever. Almost unbelievably huge. Sure it's violent. Sure you can randomly set people on fire and watch them stagger and then fall and burn up. Exactly!
  78. Wowww
    Jan 13, 2002
    Two words: BAD. ASS.
  79. ChrisO'D.
    Jan 12, 2002
    I think this is the best game available on the video game market right now!!! I mean there is so much to do it's unreal!!! You can be a nice guy and not kill anyone or you can be like me and have your bodycount jus topping a thousand!!! This game is a definite must have!!!
  80. SalM.
    Jan 11, 2002
    This is a great game. Best I have ever seen. Just a piece of advise to Dallas D. After each mission save your game. That way when you die or get busted you can just reload and still be up to the same mission. And you also get to keep your weapons.
  81. StephenM.
    Jan 11, 2002
    This game is the reason I bought PS2!!! The graphics are great and it is hard to put down.
  82. EmmanuelE.
    Jan 11, 2002
    I agree with all of you. This game is Amazing. The environment of it is very good, the variety, freedom and longevity of it are the best. However, just two things that could be better: the graphics are great, but they also could be better (but with so much going on in the game, it's understandable), and the usage of some weapons is sometime tricky (it needs a some time to get use to I agree with all of you. This game is Amazing. The environment of it is very good, the variety, freedom and longevity of it are the best. However, just two things that could be better: the graphics are great, but they also could be better (but with so much going on in the game, it's understandable), and the usage of some weapons is sometime tricky (it needs a some time to get use to it) mainly when you have to target... I you'll be great also if you could load somehow new cities, missions, cars. And ultimately, what would be really really wonderfull, would be to be able to play it with other players, through the Internet or something... Best game I've played with my PS2. Expand
  83. Dennis
    Jan 10, 2002
    This game totally exceeded my expectations for playability, it never gets boring to me.
  84. JimmyQ.
    Jan 9, 2002
    It's the best game i've played in a long time!...I can play it for hours and hours its sooooo addictive!...Denny D. You dont know anything about games!!
  85. AndreaA.
    Jan 9, 2002
    No need to become a mafioso. Just play GTA3. Great. I have to steal a Sentinel, have you seen one somewhere?
  86. ChrisP.
    Jan 7, 2002
    Great game, with some of the best graphics on the PS2 but what it realy needs is a mutiplayer mode that would make this game one of the greats. Also you could make use of the Playstation 2's modem.
  87. MaCHOC
    Jan 6, 2002
    I give this game a 10 only because you can't key in 1,000,000,000,000! Graphic, Control, Music, Story, Characters, Whips everything, gets a 10... Denny D....Go look for a Pokemon Game! You don't want Sex and Profanity!! The title is GRAND THEFT AUTO III why wouldn't you think it would have sex and cursing? Your in the hood! "If you've never been to the ghetto I give this game a 10 only because you can't key in 1,000,000,000,000! Graphic, Control, Music, Story, Characters, Whips everything, gets a 10... Denny D....Go look for a Pokemon Game! You don't want Sex and Profanity!! The title is GRAND THEFT AUTO III why wouldn't you think it would have sex and cursing? Your in the hood! "If you've never been to the ghetto don't ever come to the ghetto! Cause you wouldn't understand the ghetto, so stay the f*ck out of the ghetto!"~ Naughty By Nature... Who's mother is he? And how'd he find out about this site? Expand
  88. FabianR.
    Jan 6, 2002
    I think its the best game Ive ever seen !!!! The graphics are excellent, the sounds and the music too... there are so many details!!!! its a PERFECT GAME!!!!
  89. AnthonyT.
    Jan 5, 2002
    Three Words - Best Game Ever. Denny D. should realize that sex and violence go together.
  90. DallasD.
    Jan 5, 2002
    Game is unbelievable!!! Worth every penny. Graphics and sound are of high quality. This games is exciting and very realistic. One of the nicest things about this game is when the user is busted by the police or Wasted (killed), you do not lose you missions that were prior accomplished, only your weapons. One of the better games I have come accross in a very long time.
  91. DanielD.
    Jan 4, 2002
    Excellent. Denny D. hasn't got a clue. Very Funny.
  92. ryane.
    Jan 3, 2002
    Fun game.
  93. ScottE.II
    Jan 3, 2002
    I have played GTA1 and GTA2, and they say 3rd time's a charm and I think it's true with Grand Theft Auto 3, everything you could do in 1 and 2, but so much more and in glorious 3D! This game is the most addictive game I've ever played. I'll play one mission and just want to keep going and going, it never gets boring - the replay value is endless! GTA3 is Game of the DECADE!
  94. RichieW.
    Jan 2, 2002
    Best game ever good graphics and I love the killing.
  95. MikeK.
    Jan 1, 2002
    This game makes me pitch a tent.
  96. EricD.
    Dec 29, 2001
    Best game on the market. IT has everything: hookers, gangs, guns, and of course CARS.
  97. WesG.
    Dec 29, 2001
    The Best game I have played yet! I have yet to play a game that conducts as much fun as this title. BUY THIS GAME! That's all there is to it. I would like to pat Rockstar and the other designers of this title on the back. KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK BOYS/GIRLS!!!
  98. CoreyR.
    Dec 28, 2001
    This is one of the few games that is fun to watch other people play.
  99. ajhounshell
    Dec 27, 2001
    this game is fucking sweet pete m said the driving graphics sucked well fuck u the graphics are off the hook how good do u want a fucking game its not allways gonna be perfect. well this site is sweet too.p.s gggggggtttttttttaaaaaaaaa 33333 rocksssssssss bye.ps2 fuck ps2 two next year because next year theres going to be ps 3 and its upgraded like 10 times better. so se ya
    ps 1 more time
    ps 1 more time im a male im si ngle 13 any girls that are hot email me and put as subject hi boy my email is aj6996@hotmail.com bye.
  100. RiccardoF.
    Dec 27, 2001
    What can I say? Bellissimo!!! Fantastico!!! The Best! Please give us a sequel soon! Pete and Denny, come on! Just say the truth! CAPISCI A ME!

1. The end-all, be-all of console action games. Period...For me GTA3 is the best action game I have ever played on a console system and I highly recommend it to adults (the intended audience of this game) who know the difference between good and evil.
  2. An insanely deep game that offers a lot to do outside of the 70+ missions. If you understand that it's just a game and that these selfsame actions are not healthy in the real world, you'll enjoy a well-developed world disguised as a deviously fun game.
  3. Adding to the frustration is the fact that your targeting system is practically useless, and the vehicle physics model is annoyingly floaty. [Jan 2002, p.78]