8.5

1. RoyL.
    Dec 27, 2001
    GTA 3 is a masterpiece. Just f... awesome.
  2. Shills
    Dec 26, 2001
    Everything you could have ever dreamed in a game - realism is unbelievable. A shame the attitude of people like Denny D. hinder games such as these being released.
  3. DennyD.
    Dec 25, 2001
    The action is great; graphics are great; machine response to player action is superb, but the sexual content and foul language were not necessary to make it a great game. I rate it in the toilet where it belongs.
  4. PeterC.
    Dec 25, 2001
    There is only one thing I can say about this game:WOW!
  5. ChrisC.
    Dec 23, 2001
    Off the chain!!! Music from "Scarface," Mafia terms all the good sh*t! The ultimate gangsta game!
  6. PeteM.
    Dec 22, 2001
    Great game but the graphics are to jerky when u drive around. Should have been done better!
  7. ShavarM.
    Dec 21, 2001
    This is the bomb of 2001/2002.
  8. Justin
    Dec 20, 2001
    This game is awesome! Great hookers.
  9. AliceL.
    Dec 17, 2001
    I don't care what other people say, there is absolutely nothing in this game I could possibly think that can be improved. The game life alone made me give this a ten, not including graphics, story line, cars, weapons, etc. etc. This game is awesome!
  10. JoshuaK.
    Dec 14, 2001
    Best game ever!
  11. RanceM.
    Dec 13, 2001
    I would have rated it a 100 but could not. This game is the shiznittlebombbangdiggity.
  12. AaronJ.
    Dec 12, 2001
    This game has everything. Reminds me of the Die Hard trilogy.
  13. RobJ.
    Dec 3, 2001
    This game is the best - if u like Crazy Taxi, any shooting game or any driving game this game has it all. If u haven?t played it, u haven't lived.
  14. EricC.
    Dec 1, 2001
    If I could have rated it at a one hundred I would have. This game is absolutely awesome!!!
  15. EricS.
    Nov 28, 2001
    An awesome game, I know it's on my X-mas list!
  16. Lod
    Nov 4, 2001
    From the moment I started playing this game, I couldn't stop! It's an amazing experience, and I would suggest it to everyone with a PS2. In my opinion, GTA3 already has a place with the greatest games of all time.
  17. KeithB.
    Nov 3, 2001
    I've played the first two and they are very good but GTA 3 is 10 times better than it's forefathers. And whoever is a first time Ps2 player/buyer should definitely get this game!!
  18. Eric
    Oct 31, 2001
    It is the best game, and it is so real.
  19. SamuL.
    Oct 31, 2001
    Can't give 10 because there's always a place for improvement. Most perfect game I've ever played.
  20. DarienA.
    Oct 29, 2001
    At the top of it's game.
  21. SeanC.
    Oct 27, 2001
    A great game which is truly greater than the sum of its parts. Frustrating at points, though.
  22. PatrickM.
    Oct 26, 2001
    I didn't care for GTA 1 or 2, so my expectations were a bit low going into GTA 3 -- was I ever in for a pleasant surprise! GTA 3 is HUGELY entertaining. The graphics slow down every now and then, and there is a lot of hardcore mature content (violence and sexual innuendo), but the gameplay is so incredibly good you soon forget you're playing a game at all -- totally immersive I didn't care for GTA 1 or 2, so my expectations were a bit low going into GTA 3 -- was I ever in for a pleasant surprise! GTA 3 is HUGELY entertaining. The graphics slow down every now and then, and there is a lot of hardcore mature content (violence and sexual innuendo), but the gameplay is so incredibly good you soon forget you're playing a game at all -- totally immersive and a must-own for any PS2 owner! Expand
  23. TerryJ.
    Oct 26, 2001
    This game has great screen play, perfect animation...a must have!

1. The end-all, be-all of console action games. Period...For me GTA3 is the best action game I have ever played on a console system and I highly recommend it to adults (the intended audience of this game) who know the difference between good and evil.
  2. An insanely deep game that offers a lot to do outside of the 70+ missions. If you understand that it's just a game and that these selfsame actions are not healthy in the real world, you'll enjoy a well-developed world disguised as a deviously fun game.
  3. Adding to the frustration is the fact that your targeting system is practically useless, and the vehicle physics model is annoyingly floaty. [Jan 2002, p.78]