8.5

1. JamesN.
    Apr 19, 2006
    I never understood this game. The one thing I will give it credit for is the incredibly in-depth world it allows you to explore. But there is nothing more than that. I get a little tired of the "let's shoot everything" formula. And the story was never all that great. I love violence, but this just gets redundant. This game was not the revolutionary game everyone made it out to be. I never understood this game. The one thing I will give it credit for is the incredibly in-depth world it allows you to explore. But there is nothing more than that. I get a little tired of the "let's shoot everything" formula. And the story was never all that great. I love violence, but this just gets redundant. This game was not the revolutionary game everyone made it out to be. And game developers, please stop trying to copy this game, it's been done to hell. Collapse
  2. KashiK.
    Oct 22, 2006
    This game sucks. Yeah, it's fun to "explore" the world but THE WORLD IS SMALL. It's interactive, detailed, and has alot of people to kill for no reason. Killing people gets fun for about 1-3 hours then you will TRY to get past the story. I was in shock on how lousy the story was. This game is recommended to people that are just stupid only. DO NOT GET THIS GAME!
  3. GaborA.
    Nov 11, 2003
    The most overrated game of all time (besides Vice City). Elements of every game are adapted, but in the most pathetic and simplistic manner. Driving is boring, and racing impossible. Combat is like a pathetic platform game. If you want large environments play Tony Hawk where at least interesting play can be done in them.
  4. Jul 29, 2013
    A mediocre shooter/gangster game where you can kill people on the streets without any reason. I would say, games like this should be banned because they teach kids that being a criminal is fun. And that's a dangerous thing. Criminals should be in prison, that's the normal state of events, and you should teach kids that.
  5. JonasW.
    Feb 4, 2002
    The game is straight up stupid and dull.
  6. CoolAmIvan
    Sep 10, 2002
    Hey ''geoff c.'' u think im stupid?? well there is a town called boggeville. its codename for the 4th city. I know the secret how to get there. and in the 4th city there is a blacksmith and u you can use swords. there is also a big fight with this dude that takes forever to load. maybe u should know what ur tokin aboot before u go tellin me that im stupid. now go play Hey ''geoff c.'' u think im stupid?? well there is a town called boggeville. its codename for the 4th city. I know the secret how to get there. and in the 4th city there is a blacksmith and u you can use swords. there is also a big fight with this dude that takes forever to load. maybe u should know what ur tokin aboot before u go tellin me that im stupid. now go play ur 3 cities loser because u will never know the secret to boggsville!!!! hahahah! !!!!! muhahaha!!!! Expand
  7. coolamIvan
    Jul 5, 2003
    like i sed before, i was really excited to be able to go to the fourth city but when i got there... it wook forever too load and even though you got to use sqords... it had very bad collision detection. first 3 cties are ok but 4th city sucks. after all i went through to get there and it was a let down... and thats the bottom line cause' i told it to you!
  8. E.G.
    Mar 17, 2003
    The worst graphics I've ever seen. NICE FLIPPER HANDS!!!!!! What a joke. What happened to realism??? Rockstar needs to learn from ubi soft (splinter cell ring a bell??)
  9. DashelJ.
    Jul 27, 2007
    Grand Theft Auto III and its successors comprise the worst examples of controversy mistaken for ingenuity that the gaming industry has ever seen. If you block out the hype and the imbecilic reviews in an honest attempt to judge this game for what it is worth, you would surely arrive at a score no more than 2 or 3 points higher than the one I have submitted. Beyond the initial draw of Grand Theft Auto III and its successors comprise the worst examples of controversy mistaken for ingenuity that the gaming industry has ever seen. If you block out the hype and the imbecilic reviews in an honest attempt to judge this game for what it is worth, you would surely arrive at a score no more than 2 or 3 points higher than the one I have submitted. Beyond the initial draw of 'something unexpected' and the occasional recurrence of a shamefully base desire to clumsily, chaotically, and downright ridiculously murder heaps of random clones wandering the drab streets of Liberty City, I can think of nothing worthy of praise in this over-inflated piece of trash. Expand
  10. CoolamIvan
    Jul 12, 2002
    It sucks how you have to wtach all the cutscenes each time you enter a new town (especially the long cutscene when you enter boggsville), and it is very linear. And i hate the blacksmith at the items store, he always buys things from you for 1/4 of what they are actually worth. plus it is very short, kinda like diablo but not as good at all. it gets sooo boring when it has to load each It sucks how you have to wtach all the cutscenes each time you enter a new town (especially the long cutscene when you enter boggsville), and it is very linear. And i hate the blacksmith at the items store, he always buys things from you for 1/4 of what they are actually worth. plus it is very short, kinda like diablo but not as good at all. it gets sooo boring when it has to load each battle for about 1 min. before actually fighting. stay away from this trash pile, stay far, far away. Expand
  11. JoneB.
    Apr 23, 2003
    This game get's an 1 fore it's violence, the rest sucks.
  12. BrianD.
    Jan 4, 2006
    Horrible game. The controls are clunky and the story might as well have been made by a 5 year old. It gets 1 point because killing random people is fun for about 4-5 hours, but even mass homicide gets old quick in this game.
  13. Adder
    Jun 15, 2002
    It's a very bad game. When I started it, it worked very SLOW. It shocked. And it even went stock. So if there is someone who had the same problem, please HELP me with this so I can rate this very good game much higher!
  14. KanameS.
    Dec 20, 2006
    This game royally sucked. This had to have been the worst game I've ever played. Aside from the fact that the game is totally overrated, there was no real plot to it and I believe that this game should be burned and never seen again. I stand with my rating.
  15. Someguy
    Mar 22, 2003
    The most horrible game ever!!! When i used the tank i already got busted and when some guy fights me i have to fight back rite?once punched him i got a wanted level like wtf is this sh*t it should be in the toliet. The graphics suk. Stay away from this game when u see it!!
  16. AlecMichaud
    Apr 8, 2004
    i hated this game cause itlicked nuts and u getall this money and wat do u do wit it besides by shitty guns and in the whole game the little faggot never even talked and he sat around and jack off all day and never even killed anyone little bitch
  17. JamieM.
    May 7, 2004
    This game would be excellent if i knew how to go.
  18. KyleB.
    Nov 6, 2002
    The game made to deter people from the playstation 2. This game could quite possibly be the worst game I have ever played, I have played some very bad games. The very plot of the game is both pethetic and illy prepared. The story of revenge has gotten to be one of the lamest and most predictable with a very lame plot twists. The sole fact the game is based on lust and ilegal activites. The game made to deter people from the playstation 2. This game could quite possibly be the worst game I have ever played, I have played some very bad games. The very plot of the game is both pethetic and illy prepared. The story of revenge has gotten to be one of the lamest and most predictable with a very lame plot twists. The sole fact the game is based on lust and ilegal activites. the game has got to be one of the worst looking games ever on the ps2 save for rune. The games only saving grace is the freedom of action which will be brought to a sudden end because of the swift justice brought about from Liberty Citys finest! The weapons are both unintresting and leave alot more to the immangination. This game should not be bought, possibly only to be rented, but only on a cheap night! Expand
  19. DennyD.
    Dec 25, 2001
    The action is great; graphics are great; machine response to player action is superb, but the sexual content and foul language were not necessary to make it a great game. I rate it in the toilet where it belongs.
  20. pierreb.
    Jun 11, 2005
    This game was not worth my money.
  21. Mr.x
    Aug 29, 2006
    Bad art no original music and bad sound bad acting encurages savage behavior hmmm can I sue that they wasted my time? lol

1. The end-all, be-all of console action games. Period...For me GTA3 is the best action game I have ever played on a console system and I highly recommend it to adults (the intended audience of this game) who know the difference between good and evil.
  2. An insanely deep game that offers a lot to do outside of the 70+ missions. If you understand that it's just a game and that these selfsame actions are not healthy in the real world, you'll enjoy a well-developed world disguised as a deviously fun game.
  3. Adding to the frustration is the fact that your targeting system is practically useless, and the vehicle physics model is annoyingly floaty. [Jan 2002, p.78]