8.9

1. RicardoA.
    Nov 9, 2004
    This game is the best ever!!!
  2. IvaP.
    Oct 27, 2004
    My closest friend lost his marriage because of the GTA series, but he wouldn't have it anyway. He won't be remarrying for the next 2 years after the release of San Andreas. I've played it too... great graphics and that non-linear gameplay that makes you never want to touch a linear game again. Better than sex! Not that i've had it before. :)
  3. Ertert
    Nov 9, 2004
    I havent actually bought the game yet, its sold out everywhere!!!! do many girls play this game?? i absolutely love it but i know no other girls that do.
  4. JJJames
    The best game ever.
  5. DannyC.
    Oct 27, 2004
    The only bad thing I can say so far is that I will have to buy it again next year when it comes out on the Xbox. This is only my 2nd game for the PS2, and the graphics are killin my eyes! Definitley a big step up from Vice City!
  6. FarhadA.
    Nov 8, 2004
    It's the best game i have ever played
  7. AB
    Oct 27, 2004
    This game is freakin' amazing. They improved on every aspect of Vice City (which was already a great game to begin with). Every PS2 owner should buy this game. Now. And as for Jigganis Zig: since you're only 12 you should wait for Ratchet and Clank: Up Your Arsenal and Metroid Prime 2 Echoes; they're going to be awesome too!
  8. JOEI.
    Oct 27, 2004
    This game will have you putting GTA3 and Vice City up on your shelf for the next year at the least. Not only is this game tweaked waay more than the past GTA games, its a blast! You would think this type of gameplay would get old, but why would you think that? Do you get sick of mario? I didnt think so. He's been around for 20+ years. My only complaint is the graphics are a little This game will have you putting GTA3 and Vice City up on your shelf for the next year at the least. Not only is this game tweaked waay more than the past GTA games, its a blast! You would think this type of gameplay would get old, but why would you think that? Do you get sick of mario? I didnt think so. He's been around for 20+ years. My only complaint is the graphics are a little stale although they are somewhat improved. Im forgiving this problem though due to the fact Rockstar had to cram so so much into this game. I wonder if they ever thought of using two discs? They could improve the graphcis with out a doubt then. Expand
  9. PaulD.
    Oct 27, 2004
    This game is absolutely awesome... The graphics are outstanding...gameplay A+... everything about this game is great.
  10. BenN.
    Nov 11, 2004
    If u have a PS2 u need this game.
  11. StevenV.
    Nov 11, 2004
    The best video game ever made since vice city.
  12. MichaelV.
    Nov 12, 2004
    Man to all your losers complaining about the game i think this is the best GTA game that has come out yet. It deserves a ten but the only downside to this game is that its soooo big. oh yea!
  13. JJJames
    The best game ever.
  14. JamesS.
    Oct 22, 2004
    Bloody good.
  15. MichaelP.
    Nov 10, 2004
    Kickass game to cool makes it feel like your actuallythere killing, robbing, and working for the mafia.
  16. Flydude
    Nov 10, 2004
    This is the most g'd up game ever dawg its of the hizzle fo shizzle.
  17. JohnQ.
    Oct 27, 2004
    Best game i've ever played.
  18. FilipeS.
    Nov 11, 2004
    This is the best game of all my life!
  19. HugoFusion
    Nov 14, 2004
    K two words this game rocks. man u can get hair cuts. and i think u can grow a beard well yeah umm yes umm well yeah of course it gets a ten it is the biggest and best game that was ever introduced to the world.
  20. AdamH.
    Nov 13, 2004
    People who give this game any rating lower than a nine is out of thier mind. Just because you are whining about not having a ps2 to play it on doesnt mean you have to diss the game u you xbox loving halo 2 f***ers.(Lets go blast aliens whith my laser gun)
  21. AnthonyM.
    Oct 28, 2004
    Fantastic new spin on the Grand Theft Auto franchise, great charters,great storyline!! best of all tons of side quests and truly Outstanding gameplay. This one's gonna be hard to beat!!!
  22. UmarM.
    Oct 29, 2004
    Holy holy damn this game is sooooooooo wicked.
  23. AndrewT.
    Oct 29, 2004
    This game is the best thing that RockStar North has ever created. I play this game day and night and now i think i turned into those people with no life.
  24. BloodEmperor
    Nov 13, 2004
    Fantastic addition to the GTA series, absolutley huge with LOADS to do! Lots of new additions to the gameplay, and the handling of the game Sometimes the frame rate can jump slightly and thats the only reason for my 9.. other than that.. AMAZING!
  25. RaheelG.
    Nov 13, 2004
    No doubt rockstar does it again with another smash hit. If this game was a women i would have married it already.
  26. VictorG.
    Nov 3, 2004
    I love this game but i give it a nine cause of the fact that we dont have the option 2 make are character white or black. sorry but i would like it 2 look like me or at least my skin color. maybe next game we can creat are character from scratch like in the sims. other than that the game rocks!!!!
  27. JoeG.
    Nov 15, 2004
    I have never seen a video game better than this. This game beats Halo 2 by an inch. I thought Driver 3 was good, driver 3 is Pong compared to this.
  28. JonM.
    Nov 3, 2004
    This thing is so huge it's daunting... great fun so far. But which idiot decided to use dark blue blips on the map for paramedic + taxi missions? I can barely make them out on my (average) TV.
  29. BryanV.
    Nov 16, 2004
    The whole story line is way better than previous GTA's. More options. Great game.
  30. CarlM.
    Nov 3, 2004
    I love this game,but one thing that you's should do is make it a two player game i know you have but its not a split screen and you can't do anything like eat, go shopping etc. but this game is cool and i think that you should make it a bit like the sims you should be able to run a house and ask your gansters to move in with you.
  31. MarcH.
    Nov 22, 2004
    Unbelievable. by far the best game ever made!!
  32. KyleW.
    Nov 2, 2004
    This one blows the other two grand theft autos away. The size of the game and the multiple range of vehicles is unbeleivable. It takes every aspect of everyday life and makes you control CJ's lfe and how he looks and dresses.
  33. ChrisA.K.A.SmokeyFattahi
    Nov 4, 2004
    This game iz tha best one yet...... It iz cuz it dont bleeep out tha cuss wordz like Vice City.. It got hood people nood little rich crakerz.. And u ride bikes got tha finest muzic frum Dre to Snoop.. And Having two player girl friend action iz da stuff.
  34. JuliusD.
    Nov 4, 2004
    Victor G. - Could we make Tommy Verscetti black? And are white and black the only 2 ethnicities out there? You need to get schooled, son -- and not in Alabama. The game is a bigger and badder evolution of the tried-and-true digital playground that R* has been providing us with since GTAIII. Saying any more would be useless since the professional reviews can't help but mimic each Victor G. - Could we make Tommy Verscetti black? And are white and black the only 2 ethnicities out there? You need to get schooled, son -- and not in Alabama. The game is a bigger and badder evolution of the tried-and-true digital playground that R* has been providing us with since GTAIII. Saying any more would be useless since the professional reviews can't help but mimic each other in their praise for this title (as well as its flaws.) Expand
  35. JohnnyW.
    Nov 16, 2004
    The best (and when i say best, i mean only decent) game on the PS2. Nothing the PS2 has even comes close to this. PS2 sucks, but I gotta give props to it for this. Finally a reason to play the damn thing.
  36. P.G.
    Nov 16, 2004
    It is fantastic i loved it rockstar havemade another masterpiece my favorite thing about the game is the amount of freedom and real life things you have to do like eat and work out so i rate this game 10 (higher if it was possoble).
  37. FranciscoG.
    Oct 31, 2004
    When vice city came out i was like whoa dude!!! san andreas ate vice city for lunch. i played vice city everyday and now i can care less about it and probably wont ever play it again because san andreas is 10xs better than any game ive played "ever" yes even better than sonic 1.
  38. MrPennywise
    Oct 31, 2004
    Yeah, GTA is back on track and it is bigger and better than every GTA before.
  39. AaronT.
    Nov 23, 2004
    If only some of the movie sequels could evolve as well as the entire GTA series has. The most enjoyable gaming experience I have had since the original Mario Bros. on the NES.
  40. BrettS.
    Oct 31, 2004
    It's GTA Vice City, but with a hip hop theme, and a bigger arena. Still better than 98% of the games out there. Nothing beats running over people with a tractor!
  41. RomanS.
    Amazing...
  42. ChrisB.
    This game kicks ass!!!
  43. MikeToreno
    Nov 22, 2004
    This is by far the best video game ever made and anyone who doesn't agree with me can go... "Best video game ever!"
  44. KenL.
    Nov 22, 2004
    This is the best gta game ever there is so much freedom and i know that this game deserves higher then an 8.6 average.
  45. BladeM.
    Nov 1, 2004
    Very expansive enviroment, lacks some semi-realism, but, who can complain? -2 player mode is quite poor -keeping players stats up can become a chore -amount of different traffic seems to have at least doubled -customization is very cool -games storyboard is spectacular.
  46. JoshS.
    Nov 1, 2004
    This is the best gta game since GTA III I agree with Mark m in stating that anyone who says this game sucks needs to stop playing action rpg this game is awsome.
  47. KeithM.
    Nov 21, 2004
    The best game i have ever played, a few graphical errors, and glitches but that doesn't stop the fun, never gets old!
  48. DjA.
    Oct 30, 2004
    What with people who don't like this game I oculdn't ask for anything more. At first I was disappoited until got farther in the game then I realized all the sh.t this game has...it's awesome.
  49. FredH.
    Oct 30, 2004
    For those of you that are saying this game is not great because it is the same kind of game as it's predecessors, listen up: All sequels are the same kind of game as it's predecessors! What else do you want in it? Pokemon and Aliens?!
  50. RectalR.
    Nov 6, 2004
    Awesome!
  51. Bigmacwithfries
    Nov 7, 2004
    You can go to the gym, watch the phisical appearance of you character improve with exercise, go shopping 4 clothes and gear, have sex, go to get somthing to eat, have a girlfriend, swim, Get tattoed, Absolute freedom in the GTA universe is priceless. You can wander the city for hours without playing a single game mission, and still nave tons of fun finding lots of things 2 do, You can go to the gym, watch the phisical appearance of you character improve with exercise, go shopping 4 clothes and gear, have sex, go to get somthing to eat, have a girlfriend, swim, Get tattoed, Absolute freedom in the GTA universe is priceless. You can wander the city for hours without playing a single game mission, and still nave tons of fun finding lots of things 2 do, gettin' into trouble, shooting gangs, i mean, This game is life itself, Best game ever. Period Expand
  52. MichaelM.
    Nov 24, 2004
    A very interesting game.
  53. ZhazadI.
    Nov 29, 2004
    i lost my wife over this game!
  54. AlexK.
    Nov 28, 2004
    This Game will take you out of your seat and make you stand up. When you play no matter where you are you get an adrenaline rush.
  55. RaviorC.
    Nov 29, 2004
    FINALLY!! A game where you can make all the moves... No more boundries to hold you back... Literally do whatever you want. I didn't expect a game like this to come out for another 20 years!
  56. BrianK.
    Nov 29, 2004
    Unbelieveably awesome, I just love racing on a Sanchez motor bike through Red countys rolling hills and countryside and then finishing in San Fierro between missions jamming to K-dust is a definite high point, super fun missions and loads of things to see and do give this game hours and hours of fast, fun and challenging gameplay, CJ is the most dynamic and coolest game character ever...Unbelieveably awesome, I just love racing on a Sanchez motor bike through Red countys rolling hills and countryside and then finishing in San Fierro between missions jamming to K-dust is a definite high point, super fun missions and loads of things to see and do give this game hours and hours of fast, fun and challenging gameplay, CJ is the most dynamic and coolest game character ever... anyone who knocks this game due to pop-up and collision factors give it a rest, in a game this large you cant have it all... GTASA makes up for graphic faults with mind blowing depth!! Expand
  57. JhonD.
    Nov 29, 2004
    This game is off the chain who ever gives the game a 6 or lower probably hasnt played it.
  58. RobertP.
    Nov 29, 2004
    Great game some things id change is have to feed him. great idea to add but why do u have to eat to survive. not the sims here. i play these games to KILL KILL KILL.
  59. SteveA.
    Nov 5, 2004
    Absolutely fantastic! I would have had no idea that I would be comparing this to Fable, but I am, this is so much better. Vice City looks terrible compared to this. The place is incredibly huge! You could literally take up to two hours going from one point to another, man. The graphics are still very Grand Theft Auto, however. A huge improvement over all of them, but the sheer reason you Absolutely fantastic! I would have had no idea that I would be comparing this to Fable, but I am, this is so much better. Vice City looks terrible compared to this. The place is incredibly huge! You could literally take up to two hours going from one point to another, man. The graphics are still very Grand Theft Auto, however. A huge improvement over all of them, but the sheer reason you should buy it is because of the size. I love this game and if you have about 80 HOURS to kill, this should definitely be at the top of your list. Expand
  60. KennyH.
    Dec 1, 2004
    If you guys give this game below a 9, you are either incapable of registering awesomeness, or you've only rented it and played the first few missions. If you would play it at least until you get to San Fierro, you will completely change your mind, and you won't think that it's "more of the same"
  61. DenR.
    Dec 1, 2004
    This game is great!
  62. BlueFalcon
    Dec 10, 2004
    There's been a lot of great games to come out lately. But I think this one is the best of them all. No other game can match it's freedom of gameplay.
  63. JasonA.
    Dec 11, 2004
    Wonderful... so interesting my wife watches me play(sometimes)j/j. But really Rockstar and Rockstar North have truly outdone themselves. Elements from all genres of games are included from RPG to street racing w/ nitros to FPS to PIMPING! Well Done.
  64. ChristinaM.
    Dec 14, 2004
    I've been a GTA fan since the very first one. You know, the one with the aerial view and really crappy graphics? I told someone then, "If the graphics were better, this would be the best game on the market!" And OMG!!! It's gotten better and better with each version and San Andreas is just ORGASMIC!!! I LOVE THIS GAME!!! And the video games inside of the video game is just pure I've been a GTA fan since the very first one. You know, the one with the aerial view and really crappy graphics? I told someone then, "If the graphics were better, this would be the best game on the market!" And OMG!!! It's gotten better and better with each version and San Andreas is just ORGASMIC!!! I LOVE THIS GAME!!! And the video games inside of the video game is just pure technological GENIUS! Expand
  65. JasonK.
    Nov 2, 2004
    I would've gave this game a 10, except for one for one reason. WHY IN THE HELL CAN YOU NOT SWITCH THE CONTROLS TO THE DIRECTIONAL PAD?!?!? I absolutely cannot stand driving the cars with the analog stick. Other than that, this game kicks serious monkey ass!
  66. AndrewD.
    Nov 2, 2004
    I am only 3% done the game, and it is already obvious how great it is! I am taking my time too, since just plain cruising around is fun too! And doing side missions too. Not to forget new to GTA:SA, is keeping your character Carl Johnson in shape. Going to the gym to exercise and build muscle, biking and swimming to build stamina as well to avoid getting fat from driving all the time! I am only 3% done the game, and it is already obvious how great it is! I am taking my time too, since just plain cruising around is fun too! And doing side missions too. Not to forget new to GTA:SA, is keeping your character Carl Johnson in shape. Going to the gym to exercise and build muscle, biking and swimming to build stamina as well to avoid getting fat from driving all the time! Americans as a whole should take note! The swimming means driving into water isn't instant death, get out and swim to land, and even swim underwater to find oysters, which I found one. This game has great hills too, unlike Vice City for the most part, and countryside for off road driving! A few side games so far include off track betting, mini arcdade games, a dance dance revolution parody, and a mini basketball game, similar to the mini games from Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 4. Did I mention I am only 3% done, there are still umpteen more missions, 2 parts of the map to unlock, more features, like suping up cars. I for the most part avoided reviews, and information about it to go in fresh, and that way, there is more to look forward to, and be excited about! Expand
  67. RyanS.
    Dec 13, 2004
    This game is the bomb!!!!!!
  68. DaveW.
    Nov 2, 2004
    Best of the series. fresh game.
  69. Rinazzle
    Nov 2, 2004
    Words hardly do justice to just how good this game is. The sheer playability blows the pants over literally any other form of digital entertainment. Period.
  70. KatieN.
    Fantastic.
  71. TonyM
    Oct 26, 2004
    Its amazing how annoyed X-Box owners are at the reviews this game gets. I am playing it and i am like WOW. X-Box owners see it and get all defensive and start bagging it just because they are jeleous it isnt on there console. Great game. BUY IT NOW!!!!
  72. RobertD.
    Nov 19, 2004
    I never got into a GTA game before, but this one has me hooked. I cannot stop playing it.
  73. JoshB.
    Oct 27, 2004
    Yeah ok, it's pretty much the same game as the last one, but what makes that a bad thing. If it ain't broke don't fix it. Just add a little more depth for character development and great new voice actors, and you have another blockbuster.
  74. D.R.Grieves
    Oct 27, 2004
    The BEST game ever. END OF DISCUSSION!!
  75. DanS.
    Nov 20, 2004
    This is the most amazing thing i have ever played. gta san andreas has set a standard for all rpgs and any game for that matter. san andreas has changed the whole video game world and lets you interact with almost anything you can think of.
  76. Boob
    Nov 18, 2004
    This ame is the TITEST game out.
  77. Hellboy
    Nov 4, 2004
    This Game Is Freakin Awesome This Is One Of The BEst Games Ever This Is A Must Have Game If U Dont Get This Game U Iz One Cracked Out Matha F***a.
  78. ChrisS.
    Nov 5, 2004
    A brilliant game 10/10, almost completed.
  79. LinoG.
    Nov 5, 2004
    Do not be fooled by imitators, or detered by "authority" figures who want to rid the gaming industry of every single disc, cartridge or otherwise that bares the Grand Theft Auto name. This is, without and doubt, reservation, or hesitation, the greatest game the PS2 has ever seen. Unlimited replay value, countless gameplay types, and custimization galore. If you have a PS2, get this game.
  80. Jack
    Nov 23, 2004
    Dude this game rocks and i think the news is getting annoying about the game beacause of the violence in it. i mean really who cares!!!
  81. RobS.
    Oct 27, 2004
    WOW! THE BEST GAME EVER!! Over-rated my ****! its truly brilliant and a bargain i wudnt sell it for $100
  82. JeffD
    Oct 27, 2004
    Frickin' sweet. It doesn't get much better than this. Outstanding gameplay, so much to do.
  83. G.G.
    Nov 19, 2004
    No, not the best game ever, its rather pathetic actually, but it still outdoes its predecessors.
  84. ThomasM.
    Oct 27, 2004
    Those foul-mouthed ba****ds! There's a lot of f***in cussing, holy s**t! I love it! Brother! Motherf***er! Yeah! GTA:SA deserved a 09 out of 10. WoW.
  85. R.Allen
    Nov 24, 2004
    Great game...love the GTA series. Most aspects of the game, I give a 10. My only drawback was the music and language. Would prefer "radio-edits" of the songs, not the constant barrage of F* bombs. (in the songs and the cut-aways) The music in Vice City was much better! (personal opinion) Still the best game out there. I've logged in 20 hours of game play, still haven't hit 20% Great game...love the GTA series. Most aspects of the game, I give a 10. My only drawback was the music and language. Would prefer "radio-edits" of the songs, not the constant barrage of F* bombs. (in the songs and the cut-aways) The music in Vice City was much better! (personal opinion) Still the best game out there. I've logged in 20 hours of game play, still haven't hit 20% completion. This game should keep you interested for months. Expand
  86. JoseM.
    Dec 3, 2004
    I think this game truly lives up to its name.
  87. StevenT.
    Dec 3, 2004
    this game is fun fun fun! you can do tonz of stuff! remeber vice city with the semi truck? now you can hook up a trailer to it! you can fly any and all planes you see(after you get a piolot's license) and you can swim! lots to do really fun. another plus is the whole world is not just city. you can go off-roadingf on dirt bikes really cool. buy it or you'll suffer not having this game is fun fun fun! you can do tonz of stuff! remeber vice city with the semi truck? now you can hook up a trailer to it! you can fly any and all planes you see(after you get a piolot's license) and you can swim! lots to do really fun. another plus is the whole world is not just city. you can go off-roadingf on dirt bikes really cool. buy it or you'll suffer not having fun! peace out readers Expand
  88. Monymcclain
    Nov 25, 2004
    I love this game but you should make it so you can go anywhere you can go to be any thing get a caree.
  89. AceH.
    Nov 17, 2004
    A very good game and the best GTA game yet. The amount of freedom is staggering. All the good things from past gtas return, but unfortanetely so do the glitches, holding it back from a 10.
  90. AVideoGameCritic
    Dec 6, 2004
    A great game....until you reach Las Venturas. The missions there (in general) are tedious, and the plot (at that point) is completely non-existent. So...why continue playing? This is the only GTA game that I have not been compelled to finish. That said, this game has many features, etc. that are improvements, and the 3 cities are each very large and detailed (although Las Venturas is the A great game....until you reach Las Venturas. The missions there (in general) are tedious, and the plot (at that point) is completely non-existent. So...why continue playing? This is the only GTA game that I have not been compelled to finish. That said, this game has many features, etc. that are improvements, and the 3 cities are each very large and detailed (although Las Venturas is the blandest) and, until Las Venturas, the missions in this game are very fun and entertaining. Overall, recommended to GTA fans, I just think it needed a stronger plot. And neither city was as cool as Vice City... I'm also starting to wonder about the quality of this series in general. After extensive play, does anyone else's disc start to get messed up, have slower load times, and does the console start to make weird sounds when playing this game? The same thing happened to me with Vice City, and eventually, it stopped working. Hope this isn't a repeat of that... Expand
  91. Pimp69
    Dec 6, 2004
    GTA san andreas is a loc ass game!!!!F..k all ya who try 2 dis on it!!!
  92. JasonF.
    Nov 26, 2004
    I almost lost my job because of this game. it is the best ps2 game i have ever played.
  93. MikeR
    Nov 17, 2004
    Simply put, the best game ever made.
  94. RailenH.
    Dec 3, 2004
    This game is so hot its even better then the other ones i hope that they come out with more grand theft auto games.
  95. Guardian
    Nov 18, 2004
    This game was a great game. Better then GTA Vice City. But this game was kinda short. But it is still a brilliant game and has awesome graphics. Also it is awesome that you have to work for your stats of strength and Stamina and that other stuff.
  96. RyanO.
    Dec 7, 2004
    GTA san andreas is the best game i have ever played so far.There is so much stuff to do.I think rockstar should make another gta game.
  97. Mike
    Nov 12, 2004
    If your mature enough, its a must.
  98. JuanH.
    Dec 17, 2004
    This is the number one game in america it has good graphics and also easy and hard missions than gta vice city.
  99. JussiK.
    Dec 9, 2004
    GTA: San Andreas totally rules!
  100. RyannY.
    Dec 15, 2004
    I played a lot of games, but this one tops them all, it is so mind blowing because theres so much things you can do in it. My favorite, is playing pool for money.

#1 Most Discussed PS2 Game of 2004
#1 Most Shared PS2 Game of 2004

1. The amount of things to do in the cities of Los Santos, San Fierro, and Las Venturas is absolutely staggering... In my opinion there’s no excuse to not have a “save anywhere” feature included.
    San Andreas's chief advantage over "Vice City" is size. And for many players, that's good enough. But another group of fans will come to quietly understand that, at least for the time being, "Vice City" remains the high point of the GTA series.
    There's so much to do in this game that it's outside of my range of imagination to be able to picture me reaching a 100% complete. Unfathomable.