8.9

1. AndyW.
    Nov 3, 2004
    Best game eva made u can do woteva u like and shud last ages.
  2. CarlM.
    Nov 3, 2004
    I love this game,but one thing that you's should do is make it a two player game i know you have but its not a split screen and you can't do anything like eat, go shopping etc. but this game is cool and i think that you should make it a bit like the sims you should be able to run a house and ask your gansters to move in with you.
  3. Hellboy
    Nov 4, 2004
    This Game Is Freakin Awesome This Is One Of The BEst Games Ever This Is A Must Have Game If U Dont Get This Game U Iz One Cracked Out Matha F***a.
  4. YoFMB
    Nov 7, 2004
    I can't belive there are people that don't like this game! They are probably just geeks that think fun things like this game are immature. Well pluk them, this game is the best friggin game i have ever played! This game has certainly advanced a lot since gta and gta2. I hope they keep making more gta games.
  5. OGLoc
    Nov 7, 2004
    I personally think that this game is outstanding. i was never able to get into the previous GTA games and actually play them as they were meant with the missions and all. however with san andreas i have not been able to put the game down since i bought it. i think that the game was very well done and the virtual limitless boundries of the game are great. i would highly recommend this game I personally think that this game is outstanding. i was never able to get into the previous GTA games and actually play them as they were meant with the missions and all. however with san andreas i have not been able to put the game down since i bought it. i think that the game was very well done and the virtual limitless boundries of the game are great. i would highly recommend this game to anyone who is not offended by four letter words or general gang language. Expand
  6. Wongit
    Nov 7, 2004
    What else is there to say, i can go ahead and say the same stuff everyone else said while reviewing this game, ull be reading the same stuff. by far the greatest game ever.
  7. FarhadA.
    Nov 8, 2004
    It's the best game i have ever played
  8. RicardoA.
    Nov 9, 2004
    This game is the best ever!!!
  9. KennyH.
    Dec 1, 2004
    If you guys give this game below a 9, you are either incapable of registering awesomeness, or you've only rented it and played the first few missions. If you would play it at least until you get to San Fierro, you will completely change your mind, and you won't think that it's "more of the same"
  10. DenR.
    Dec 1, 2004
    This game is great!
  11. MarkusLewis
    Dec 13, 2004
    This is the hossest game out. I couldn't stop playin it.
  12. JuanH.
    Dec 17, 2004
    This is the number one game in america it has good graphics and also easy and hard missions than gta vice city.
  13. RicardoA.
    Dec 18, 2004
    This game is the best ever!!!
  14. KarolP.
    Dec 19, 2004
    Number 1 game of the year. I had so much fun playin and killin in that game.
  15. JamesS.
    Oct 22, 2004
    Bloody good.
  16. ZackJ.
    Dec 28, 2004
    This game was kool but i think the cops are too powerful, and there are sutch little cheat codes to use. I like the new feature that you can swim, but then there is the down side that you lose life when you run out of air. i tihnk is would be better if they had air tanks you could buy.don't dont get me wrong tho th car and how you can now ride bikes and skateboards.
  17. AndyS.
    Dec 29, 2004
    Actually, about a 9.5. While Remaining to have a greater extent on the number of vehicles as did Vice City to GTA 3, it defenatly lacks the coloring of Vice City. I'm a fan of colored games. The one thing that brings down this game is the lack of color and the lazy artwork on the weapons and crosshairs.
  18. Sonny
    Dec 30, 2004
    1 question? How Could possibly not like this game?
  19. MikeA.
    Dec 31, 2004
    These guy's are crazy because it's the best game in the world.You can almost do anything in the game like go pimping or rob or just start a fight with a rival gang.
  20. RandyL.
    Dec 30, 2004
    It's pretty obvious by now--the GTA games are redefining gaming as we know it, and San Andreas isn't just another step, it's one giant leap for mankind.
  21. GotIt
    Oct 25, 2004
    Hey, I just decided to rub it in. It's 6:00 on the 25th and I GOT SAN ANDREAS. My EB games started releasing it early. In your face you PRE_ORDERERS. HAHA
  22. NateW.
    Oct 26, 2004
    I'm curious as to who Jim D. is referring to when he complains this game only appeals to one "specific group"... I wonder if I fall into that group, because I think it is incredible what they accomplished with this game. The level of both technical and production polish on this game in unprecedented.
  23. Bill
    Oct 26, 2004
    All the people who are saying this game is just a rehash of the previous ones are obviously uninformed. The game has gained a massive list of additions ranging from RPG like character development to social interactions to squad leadership. The game is 5 times the size of VC with well over 5 times as much to do, no loading times in the entire outdoor area, and the ability to customize your All the people who are saying this game is just a rehash of the previous ones are obviously uninformed. The game has gained a massive list of additions ranging from RPG like character development to social interactions to squad leadership. The game is 5 times the size of VC with well over 5 times as much to do, no loading times in the entire outdoor area, and the ability to customize your character 's outfits, abilities, appearance, and social behavior to your hearts content. Those of you who think IGN is biased, Gamespot gave it a 9.6. Is this a massive industry wide conspiracy? I think not. Get a life. Expand
  24. JamesP.
    Oct 26, 2004
    The Return of the King!!! without a doubt the best game alongside the long awaited Half Life 2. What's with the people who keep giving 1 for every superb title? Sort your lives out idiots.
  25. TonyM
    Oct 26, 2004
    Its amazing how annoyed X-Box owners are at the reviews this game gets. I am playing it and i am like WOW. X-Box owners see it and get all defensive and start bagging it just because they are jeleous it isnt on there console. Great game. BUY IT NOW!!!!
  26. D.R.Grieves
    Oct 27, 2004
    The BEST game ever. END OF DISCUSSION!!
  27. MarvinoJ.
    Dec 7, 2004
    I think that this game rocks hard man!!!
  28. JohnCross
    Oct 27, 2004
    This is one of the best games I played in a long time.
  29. JOEI.
    Oct 27, 2004
    This game will have you putting GTA3 and Vice City up on your shelf for the next year at the least. Not only is this game tweaked waay more than the past GTA games, its a blast! You would think this type of gameplay would get old, but why would you think that? Do you get sick of mario? I didnt think so. He's been around for 20+ years. My only complaint is the graphics are a little This game will have you putting GTA3 and Vice City up on your shelf for the next year at the least. Not only is this game tweaked waay more than the past GTA games, its a blast! You would think this type of gameplay would get old, but why would you think that? Do you get sick of mario? I didnt think so. He's been around for 20+ years. My only complaint is the graphics are a little stale although they are somewhat improved. Im forgiving this problem though due to the fact Rockstar had to cram so so much into this game. I wonder if they ever thought of using two discs? They could improve the graphcis with out a doubt then. Expand
  30. JeffD
    Oct 27, 2004
    Frickin' sweet. It doesn't get much better than this. Outstanding gameplay, so much to do.
  31. JohnQ.
    Oct 27, 2004
    Best game i've ever played.
  32. PaulD.
    Oct 27, 2004
    This game is absolutely awesome... The graphics are outstanding...gameplay A+... everything about this game is great.
  33. JayA
    Oct 28, 2004
    Awesome! They have improved the gameplay with each release and this game is even better than Vice City. It deserves a 10 ranking!
  34. AnthonyM.
    Oct 28, 2004
    Fantastic new spin on the Grand Theft Auto franchise, great charters,great storyline!! best of all tons of side quests and truly Outstanding gameplay. This one's gonna be hard to beat!!!
  35. WowzerzJ.
    Oct 28, 2004
    This game is amazing. Theres so much to do. Its so addictive, there really needs to be a warning on the box. You start to concentrate so much on Cj's life you forget about your own. Be carefull and take a break!
  36. EliasG.
    Oct 29, 2004
    Best in the series...Where could they go from here?... the Warriors.
  37. JustinS.
    Oct 29, 2004
    I played this game at a friends house and it was awsome. I am going to buy it as soon as i can get the money for it, it is well worth the $50.00 it cost.
  38. MarkC.
    Oct 31, 2004
    So much do I wish I didn't have to work.
  39. MrPennywise
    Oct 31, 2004
    Yeah, GTA is back on track and it is bigger and better than every GTA before.
  40. Mosura1
    Jan 15, 2005
    I don't understand those who trash this title and complain about depth and gameplay. GTA:SA is a game that sets the standard, and requires a true gamer to appreciate what standard Rockstar has set over and over. This title will easily consume 200 hours of original gameplay, in an environment more detailed and overwhelming than any other game in history. Leave this game to the adults I don't understand those who trash this title and complain about depth and gameplay. GTA:SA is a game that sets the standard, and requires a true gamer to appreciate what standard Rockstar has set over and over. This title will easily consume 200 hours of original gameplay, in an environment more detailed and overwhelming than any other game in history. Leave this game to the adults to play and appreciate, while the haters can play True Crime because Snoop Dogg makes and appearance. Expand
  41. FredB.
    Nov 7, 2005
    This was awesome!!!! I can play it forever!!!!
  42. LanceJ.
    Jan 26, 2005
    This game was $32.99 on sale at circuit city. Thats like 12 seperate games with the amount of gameplay that is offered for that price. Anyone giving this game a bad score must be an x-box owner and just wants to lower the overall score. This is the greatest ps2 game to date!
  43. DavidN.
    Apr 15, 2005
    Great game! I'm from Brooklyn, New York. I don't know much about Cali hoods but this game does a good job of portraying life in the hood. I'm sure any hood in Cali is like any hood in New York.
  44. BrandonM.
    Apr 16, 2005
    I think all the gta game's are cool. i hope thay keep on making games like gta.
  45. CoryK.
    Apr 27, 2005
    The ONLY bad thing about this game is the graphics. The levels are huge, the game is very long, the missions are all varied and there is just so much to do. This game will go down as one of the best games of all time.
  46. SuruR.
    Aug 24, 2005
    Best game ever seen.
  47. SarelmB.
    Oct 31, 2006
    This is the best video game on PlayStation 2 ever without a doubt.
  48. RileyF.
    Jun 16, 2006
    This is definantly the best Grand Theft Auto title to date. A massive world to explore, hours of side missions, tons of stuff to buy and a plot that outdoes even that of Vice City in it's gritty intensity.
  49. JamieT.
    Aug 14, 2006
    There is no reason to hate this game! It is the greatest game ever made because it makes you want to play it again and again. It's the greatest game along with Resident Evil 4!
  50. PhilipR.
    Aug 19, 2006
    This should be the #1. Fair enough, it lacks a physics engine. But its so fun that all the bad things are out numbered 999999999:1 by the sheer joy. The 2 player sucked though.
  51. AdamWest
    Dec 11, 2007
    I have played this for a couple of months now (replaying) and it gets a bit too repetitive after a while. I haven't played the other games so I don't know about their comparisons. But you should rent this if you haven't played the other games. It does have some ridiculously difficult parts. Sometimes it just plains sucks and on other days (after playing other linear gamesI have played this for a couple of months now (replaying) and it gets a bit too repetitive after a while. I haven't played the other games so I don't know about their comparisons. But you should rent this if you haven't played the other games. It does have some ridiculously difficult parts. Sometimes it just plains sucks and on other days (after playing other linear games for a while) the freedom feels great. Expand
  52. RichK.
    Dec 26, 2007
    Pretty cool in my vote. I like that cars can actually fly rather then glide. I found a way to make quick money the fun way. Activate car of death cheat and flying cars cheat. it helps if u have a car with nitro but u don't need it. First go really fast on a long strait road. 1ce u start flying keep going up past a layer of clouds. then keep going up until u see some big puffy ones. Pretty cool in my vote. I like that cars can actually fly rather then glide. I found a way to make quick money the fun way. Activate car of death cheat and flying cars cheat. it helps if u have a car with nitro but u don't need it. First go really fast on a long strait road. 1ce u start flying keep going up past a layer of clouds. then keep going up until u see some big puffy ones. then dive bomb strait down. if u do it correctly u can get any were from 1000-7000. it only takes like 30 sec if u go fast enough and u land in a empty area like the red country. Enjoy ! Expand
  53. alexxmarsh
    May 26, 2007
    To all the old fart who complain about the violence, the language, or the sexual content, why dont you morons go jump off a bridge and stfu. This game is a masterpiece of epic propotions to deny it that is to prove your own ignorance. You know what i want when i buy a gta game? Violence, blood, foul language, inconciquencial murder, thats the name of the game if u cant deal with that goTo all the old fart who complain about the violence, the language, or the sexual content, why dont you morons go jump off a bridge and stfu. This game is a masterpiece of epic propotions to deny it that is to prove your own ignorance. You know what i want when i buy a gta game? Violence, blood, foul language, inconciquencial murder, thats the name of the game if u cant deal with that go play a sissy ass mario game or something. If u dont like sa your either an old withered stuck up fart close to death anyhow or a an ignorant hillbilly with a crow bar in your bum. GTA: SA best game of all time period if you dont agree buy your self a 9mm and point it at ur own head, you ignorant hick. If anything i think there isnt enough gore in this game i wanna see more blood like in vice from the chain saw etc. Oh and to the guy who said he cant play this around his child. Your kid is two years old too young and stupid to be impressionable yet. And what kind of a father are your to be playing video games when your child is at a stage in life when he needs human contact and interaction, obviously a very shitty parent, your kid obviously will turn out a pansy little ass because of you.

good day
  54. SamJ.
    Jul 16, 2007
    I think this game is great its fun and has preaty good graphics but way.... too much swearing in it.
  55. MatthewC
    Nov 9, 2009
    the game features everything you would want in a GTA game more meyhem,more weapons,and more vehicles.
  56. AnonymousMC
    Aug 17, 2009
    simply the best itiration of anything inter-non interactive in history 18 MILLION sold on the ps2 alone is nuff said. the total gross for the game would be est. at over 1.1 billion which would place it at #3 best selling movie of all time, maybe 2nd. this is truly a benchmark in gaming history. if the re released this game 4 years from now(from august 17th, 2009 spruced up the graphics tosimply the best itiration of anything inter-non interactive in history 18 MILLION sold on the ps2 alone is nuff said. the total gross for the game would be est. at over 1.1 billion which would place it at #3 best selling movie of all time, maybe 2nd. this is truly a benchmark in gaming history. if the re released this game 4 years from now(from august 17th, 2009 spruced up the graphics to a crysis crushing standard, kept all the original gameplay formula in tact, slightly reduced the cursing, (even though i liked it as is), reworked the audio, added more cars planes, doubled the map size, optimised it for ps4 which will probably feature 100gb bluray capacity and pc with ultimate graphics. then reworked the lighting, textures, flames, made realistic ai, increased the travel options to include trips to small maps of cartels in asia to shop for dope etc. allowed you to recruit gang members, reasign lead member positions, assign members to houses around the city, increase the weapon count, weapon damage, sounds, enviro effects etc. paint cars a wide variety of colors, add aftermarket wheel options, engines, exhaust etc. add competitive kayaking and white water to the ravines, grand canyon, include revised multiplayer, local online co-op, jails, nitrous, add 20+ hrs of main story line, the MY list goes on. i hope and believe that my revised version would come near, match or surpass the original in sales and would be happy to buy the ip if available. your input to new editions to the original is welcome. i also forgot to mention calling up gang members to help you in a fight. Expand
  57. StevenV.
    Nov 11, 2004
    The best video game ever made since vice city.
  58. AdamH.
    Nov 13, 2004
    People who give this game any rating lower than a nine is out of thier mind. Just because you are whining about not having a ps2 to play it on doesnt mean you have to diss the game u you xbox loving halo 2 f***ers.(Lets go blast aliens whith my laser gun)
  59. RaheelG.
    Nov 13, 2004
    No doubt rockstar does it again with another smash hit. If this game was a women i would have married it already.
  60. BloodEmperor
    Nov 13, 2004
    Fantastic addition to the GTA series, absolutley huge with LOADS to do! Lots of new additions to the gameplay, and the handling of the game Sometimes the frame rate can jump slightly and thats the only reason for my 9.. other than that.. AMAZING!
  61. HugoFusion
    Nov 14, 2004
    K two words this game rocks. man u can get hair cuts. and i think u can grow a beard well yeah umm yes umm well yeah of course it gets a ten it is the biggest and best game that was ever introduced to the world.
  62. JoeG.
    Nov 15, 2004
    I have never seen a video game better than this. This game beats Halo 2 by an inch. I thought Driver 3 was good, driver 3 is Pong compared to this.
  63. BryanV.
    Nov 16, 2004
    The whole story line is way better than previous GTA's. More options. Great game.
  64. JohnnyW.
    Nov 16, 2004
    The best (and when i say best, i mean only decent) game on the PS2. Nothing the PS2 has even comes close to this. PS2 sucks, but I gotta give props to it for this. Finally a reason to play the damn thing.
  65. P.G.
    Nov 16, 2004
    It is fantastic i loved it rockstar havemade another masterpiece my favorite thing about the game is the amount of freedom and real life things you have to do like eat and work out so i rate this game 10 (higher if it was possoble).
  66. AceH.
    Nov 17, 2004
    A very good game and the best GTA game yet. The amount of freedom is staggering. All the good things from past gtas return, but unfortanetely so do the glitches, holding it back from a 10.
  67. MikeR
    Nov 17, 2004
    Simply put, the best game ever made.
  68. RobertD.
    Nov 19, 2004
    I never got into a GTA game before, but this one has me hooked. I cannot stop playing it.
  69. JOSETRUJANO
    Nov 19, 2004
    GTA SAN ANDREAS IS THE BEST GAME OUT THERE 4 THE FACT THAT IT IS MORE REALISTIC MAKES IT BETER NOW U COULD SWIM,WORK-OUT,RIDE BIKES MOD U'R CARS CANGE U'R LOOKS GET TAT'S HAIR CUTS JUMP FENCES DO 4 PERSON DRIVE-BYS MAN THIS IS TRULY THE BEST GAME EVER WELL BYE I GOT 2 GO PLAY
  70. KeithM.
    Nov 21, 2004
    The best game i have ever played, a few graphical errors, and glitches but that doesn't stop the fun, never gets old!
  71. MichaelM.
    Nov 24, 2004
    A very interesting game.
  72. R.Allen
    Nov 24, 2004
    Great game...love the GTA series. Most aspects of the game, I give a 10. My only drawback was the music and language. Would prefer "radio-edits" of the songs, not the constant barrage of F* bombs. (in the songs and the cut-aways) The music in Vice City was much better! (personal opinion) Still the best game out there. I've logged in 20 hours of game play, still haven't hit 20% Great game...love the GTA series. Most aspects of the game, I give a 10. My only drawback was the music and language. Would prefer "radio-edits" of the songs, not the constant barrage of F* bombs. (in the songs and the cut-aways) The music in Vice City was much better! (personal opinion) Still the best game out there. I've logged in 20 hours of game play, still haven't hit 20% completion. This game should keep you interested for months. Expand
  73. fprExPeRt
    Nov 25, 2004
    Same crap. once u played gta3 youved played them all.....YEAH RIGHT!!! first of all gta games never get old. secondly, u can jump off planes with parachutes....HOW SICK IS THAT?!!so awsome. best part about it is to cause mayhem:) CJ is the best character in all the gta series. in my opinion....its better then halo2..well maybe they are both tied. ps2 owners buy this now!! P.S. u can now Same crap. once u played gta3 youved played them all.....YEAH RIGHT!!! first of all gta games never get old. secondly, u can jump off planes with parachutes....HOW SICK IS THAT?!!so awsome. best part about it is to cause mayhem:) CJ is the best character in all the gta series. in my opinion....its better then halo2..well maybe they are both tied. ps2 owners buy this now!! P.S. u can now cause more mayhem with the new co-op mode^_^ Expand
  74. AlexK.
    Nov 28, 2004
    This Game will take you out of your seat and make you stand up. When you play no matter where you are you get an adrenaline rush.
  75. RaviorC.
    Nov 29, 2004
    FINALLY!! A game where you can make all the moves... No more boundries to hold you back... Literally do whatever you want. I didn't expect a game like this to come out for another 20 years!
  76. JhonD.
    Nov 29, 2004
    This game is off the chain who ever gives the game a 6 or lower probably hasnt played it.
  77. JasonA.
    Dec 11, 2004
    Wonderful... so interesting my wife watches me play(sometimes)j/j. But really Rockstar and Rockstar North have truly outdone themselves. Elements from all genres of games are included from RPG to street racing w/ nitros to FPS to PIMPING! Well Done.
  78. ChristinaM.
    Dec 14, 2004
    I've been a GTA fan since the very first one. You know, the one with the aerial view and really crappy graphics? I told someone then, "If the graphics were better, this would be the best game on the market!" And OMG!!! It's gotten better and better with each version and San Andreas is just ORGASMIC!!! I LOVE THIS GAME!!! And the video games inside of the video game is just pure I've been a GTA fan since the very first one. You know, the one with the aerial view and really crappy graphics? I told someone then, "If the graphics were better, this would be the best game on the market!" And OMG!!! It's gotten better and better with each version and San Andreas is just ORGASMIC!!! I LOVE THIS GAME!!! And the video games inside of the video game is just pure technological GENIUS! Expand
  79. RyannY.
    Dec 15, 2004
    I played a lot of games, but this one tops them all, it is so mind blowing because theres so much things you can do in it. My favorite, is playing pool for money.
  80. SAB13
    Dec 21, 2004
    This game is the best game ever made and i hope gta5 is evan better but if they make a gta5 i hope they make chaenges like u could name your own gang and u could choose your own color for your game and create your player to play in gta and could make the city evan more bigger.
  81. AnonymousMC
    Dec 23, 2004
    A very good game but I still enjoyed vice city more for a couple reasons. Tommy from VC was a great character because he was a total wise guy, while CJ is just a sterotypical gangsta. Also san andreas lost some of the humor that pushed the last 2 GTA games though the roof.
  82. JasonB.
    Nov 16, 2005
    San Andreas is the best of the GTA 3 series of games for the PS2. The gameplay and minigames are leaps and bounds ahead of the others. The graphics have gradually improved with each game, though they are still nothing extremely special. The setting is great, Vice City put you there, but you really truly get immersed in San Andreas.
  83. TomiB.
    Dec 31, 2006
    It's the TOP of all Grand Theft Autos, why? 'cos it like 3 cites in 1, ya can gamble, play more odd games, (* pool, dancing, eating/drinking, dating, change clothes, hairstyles, even a tattoo if ya like etc...) also your character now swims, parachutes & flys all different types of aircraft...(Vice City afew, GTA3 none if hardly any, plus ya DROWN/die when ya in the water!) It's the TOP of all Grand Theft Autos, why? 'cos it like 3 cites in 1, ya can gamble, play more odd games, (* pool, dancing, eating/drinking, dating, change clothes, hairstyles, even a tattoo if ya like etc...) also your character now swims, parachutes & flys all different types of aircraft...(Vice City afew, GTA3 none if hardly any, plus ya DROWN/die when ya in the water!) Music mostly in the 90's plus more variety like country! Use of more cheats, ya can recruit ANYBODY for your gang member(s), ether with a 9mm or rocket launcher... More FUN! Expand
  84. Feb 14, 2016
    An all around bloodbath of carnage, dirty deeds, and heinous acts, and an absolute masterpiece all at the same time. Goes down in my books as one of my top 10 games of all-time.
  85. Oct 3, 2015
    Este juego nunca pasara al olvido, es algo fascinante, la historia es demasiado increíble ademas de muy larga y fascinante, se ven pocos juegos como este porque es demasiado completo. Es demasiado realista en cuanto a jugabilidad, los gráficos eran buenos para la época (2004) el sonido excelente y muy innovador.
  86. Mar 10, 2016
    Este jogo é incrível! Eu recebi e ainda não posso parar de jogar. Os gráficos são tão detalhadas para um game e é desafiador, mas divertido e terá que jogar por horas! A história é complexa e profundamente pensado. O melhor jogo que eu já joguei de forma
  87. May 21, 2016
    This is best Game on GTA Series and best PS2 Game . On Android and Ios this game deserves 9/10 , but on PS2 and PC this game deserves 10/10 . This game was born in 2005 and this game is very amazing game for 2005 . This game has got normal graphics for 2005 and amazing storyline . This game even better than Grand Theft Auto 5 and in this game city as in GTA 5 . Very good game . 10/10 .
  88. May 22, 2016
    One my favourite ps2 games. Story, missions, cities, cars, weapons, cheats... everything is perfect The only bad is graphics, pc version has better graphics.
  89. Jun 19, 2016
    Ninguém nunca vai encontrar outro jogo de PS2 tão grande, envolvente e divertido. Isso, senhoras e senhores, é o significado de estar a frente de sua geração.
    Esse jogo ganha com facilidade a posição de melhor jogo da 6 geração.
  90. Sep 17, 2011
    I have played all the GTA games all the way from GTA III and in my honest opinion out of all GTA games San Andreas is the most largest, most involving and deepest GTA game ever. The game's map is just ginormous consisting of three cities Los Santos (based on LA), San Fierro (based on San Francisco) and Las Venturas (based on Las Vegas). The large map also has forest and desert likeI have played all the GTA games all the way from GTA III and in my honest opinion out of all GTA games San Andreas is the most largest, most involving and deepest GTA game ever. The game's map is just ginormous consisting of three cities Los Santos (based on LA), San Fierro (based on San Francisco) and Las Venturas (based on Las Vegas). The large map also has forest and desert like environments it is amazing how this game captured the feel of three different cities and its citizens but also shows the way the cowboys and villiagers live their loves in the forest and the desert. GTA San Andreas has just a great story which could be confusing early on however the player will understand more and more things as he progresses the game's story is very deep, enthralling and personal also more involving and darker than its predecessors. I also like the main character of this game Carl Johnson he has a very funny. charming and likeable personality a type of person who can be sarcastic and funny along with being a total bada** and serious at the same time. The game also includes some rpg stats unlike 3 and Vice City which include Respect, Fat, Muscle that can change the way CJ looks. The player can also buy different kinds of clothes , different haircuts and tattoos to make the CJ look exactly like he wants, the player can also customize and mod different Vehicles the customization options in this game are just really well done, Sex Appeal, Driving and Gun Skills/Stats have also been implemented in the game the more player drives and the more he uses guns his skills improve and the better the player gets at them for example the player will be able to drive cars easily when his skills improve, and being able to use two SMGS at the same time and move while shooting as the player gets good with guns. The game has so much side stuff that it is impossible for me to cover in all of them in this review but the ones on the top of my head are: car, bike and plane races, car, bike, boat and plane schools, GYMs, girlfriends, gang Wars, Casinos, Quarry missions, some Asset missions as well as Police, Taxi and Ambulance missions thats not even all. The amount of side stuff put the side things in GTA 4 to shame. GTA San Andreas also has great music and songs which are all a great kickback to the 1990s and all the types of music are there Rock Music, Country Music, Rap Music and even talk shows infact the player can just enjoy and have fun in the game driving around in cars and bikes while listening to these Radio Stations alone thats how awesome the Radio Stations are in this game. The voice acting is just perfect there is no other word I can use to describe it, it seems like all the people who are doing the voice acting are deep into their characters. The game's graphics are good considering its ps2, the game is so huge and it came out in 2004 so its graphics are understandable, the environments looks just beautiful, character models are more detailed than previous GTAs but the characters stiff finger attached hands can look really weird at times. There is a multiplayer mode in this game unlike previous GTAs while it is not amazing or anything the player can still have alot of fun with his friends while free roaming with them or doing co-op rampage missions it is not perfect but it is better to have a multiplayer mode which is fun but not perfect than have no multiplayer at all. The game's story is around 25-30 hours long however in trying to do all the sidestuff in this and unlocking all things, getting 100% completion the player can spend hours and hours in this game and completely get lost in it amazing world and atmosphere. GTA San Andreas is a classic and a masterpiece of a game and in my honest opinion the best game in the GTA series and one of best sandbox games of all time. 10/10. Collapse

#1 Most Discussed PS2 Game of 2004
#1 Most Shared PS2 Game of 2004

1. The amount of things to do in the cities of Los Santos, San Fierro, and Las Venturas is absolutely staggering... In my opinion there’s no excuse to not have a “save anywhere” feature included.
    San Andreas's chief advantage over "Vice City" is size. And for many players, that's good enough. But another group of fans will come to quietly understand that, at least for the time being, "Vice City" remains the high point of the GTA series.
    There's so much to do in this game that it's outside of my range of imagination to be able to picture me reaching a 100% complete. Unfathomable.