9.0

1. JakeW.
    Dec 11, 2004
    Dude I play this game all the f...ing time!! I love the fact that you can have girlfriends and all that sh.t! It f...ing rules!!!
  2. SabinoS.
    Jan 29, 2005
    I like this game beacuse i like killing.
  3. Dante
    Jun 1, 2005
    This is actually the first gta i played - i just wanted to see what all the hype was about - i AM a gamer - perhaps old school - buts thats what make gta:sa all the more impressive. its a classic game and no amount of review copy would do it just - there just arent enough adjectives to mtch the depth of gameplay in the this awsome entertainment package. if you have any type of gamingThis is actually the first gta i played - i just wanted to see what all the hype was about - i AM a gamer - perhaps old school - buts thats what make gta:sa all the more impressive. its a classic game and no amount of review copy would do it just - there just arent enough adjectives to mtch the depth of gameplay in the this awsome entertainment package. if you have any type of gaming console that would support this game - get gta:sa and you will own a defining game of our time - how can a game with such mediocre graphics dominate the PS2? simple - its an incredible game - everything to do and forever to do it. a masterpiece. Expand
  4. Jun 12, 2011
    San Andreas stepped away from GTA III and Vice City by actually focusing on the gameplay much more that previous titles. The rpg elements added also keep the game fresh compared previous titles. I didn't really care for the story at all, and the ghetto setting is much worse than Vice City's to me... but GTA has never been about plot to me, so that doesn't really take anything away fromSan Andreas stepped away from GTA III and Vice City by actually focusing on the gameplay much more that previous titles. The rpg elements added also keep the game fresh compared previous titles. I didn't really care for the story at all, and the ghetto setting is much worse than Vice City's to me... but GTA has never been about plot to me, so that doesn't really take anything away from the game. I give it a 10 compared to other Grand Theft Autos, and an 8 against everything else. Its a fun game. Expand
  5. Nov 21, 2012
    San Andreas is a good game, there's no doubt about it. But it was a re-used formula which was becoming outdated. All you haters can be repulsed by GTA IV's realism and actual meaning, but San Andreas' shallow Ganglang message is no comparison. Its poor physics and odd characters are so unreal that it really can take you out of the game - but Vice City was still good. There's a differenceSan Andreas is a good game, there's no doubt about it. But it was a re-used formula which was becoming outdated. All you haters can be repulsed by GTA IV's realism and actual meaning, but San Andreas' shallow Ganglang message is no comparison. Its poor physics and odd characters are so unreal that it really can take you out of the game - but Vice City was still good. There's a difference between outright Saints Row-esque stupidity and crazy fun which has its limits. Expand
  6. Jul 5, 2013
    It's the best game in the series, there are lots of activities to do, though CJ is not as convincing as Niko, San Andreas proves to be better than GTA IV. A fascinating story with three huge cities and vast rural areas, solid gameplay, variety of vehicles and transportation, the player can travel on foot, by car or by plane and by boat. Immense missions that are not repetitive andIt's the best game in the series, there are lots of activities to do, though CJ is not as convincing as Niko, San Andreas proves to be better than GTA IV. A fascinating story with three huge cities and vast rural areas, solid gameplay, variety of vehicles and transportation, the player can travel on foot, by car or by plane and by boat. Immense missions that are not repetitive and impressive cast with excellent graphics for the PS2, and a spectacular voice acting. San Andreas is one of the greatest games of its generation. Expand
  7. Dec 13, 2013
    Well,what can i say about this game
    ITS F***ing Amazing!!
    the plot is awesome,the gameplay is ok
    the graphics are...meh,they could be better
    but the world of san andreas was impressive in his moment
    San Andreas Rules!!
  8. Jun 21, 2017
    Take Two and Rockstar threatened to sue a modder without good reason. This sort of toxic behavior should not be tolerated. Don't support them by giving them your money.
  9. Mar 14, 2012
    This is the best GTA game so far and no other has beat it. I love this game, and it loves me back. We like to cuddle and touch each other in the wrong places, we smell each others bawls, we suck each other, OMG! But really, this games awesome.
  10. Nov 3, 2014
    This game gets a lot of praise from people purely because of its open world. Its open world is why people like it. And now the point is...Grand Theft Auto San Andreas is a bad game. It can be fun sure, but the game is designed very badly. This game is unfocused, which is a very bad thing.
    Gta has a very large story, missions built around these stories that you must do to unlock more of the open world...thats the game. Running around, jacking cars and shooting hookers is not the game. Sure you can do it but thats because the game is designed poorly. If this game was just story and nothing else this game would not have gotten a 95, maybe a 70 at best. If you like this game you like the open world and breaking the game with cheats. Thats another thing, if a developer puts cheats in their game pretty much confirms that they know themselves that the game isnt satisfying enough and need to add more stuff to keep you interested.
    San Andreas is very much like Gta 5 and suffers from the same problem. The story is not its strong point, its the open world and they dont work together unfortunately because the world is so unfocused and far from the missions that players just dont care for the story and end up cheating, resulting in a rebellious mood towards the game which is one of the worst things to have.
    Just Cause 2 is the perfect example of how to make Story, missions, open world and fun all work together. Gta does not do that well and the results are a messy, unfocused game with a huge open world that tricks you into thinking its a good game.
    Overall? Vice City is the best Gta to date, focused, simple and can still be fun. San Andreas and gta 5 are same. They can be fun sure but its not a good game.
  11. Dec 23, 2012
    It's alright. Very fun to drive around and explore since the map is so large. The voice acting story and soundtrack are top-notch as well. However, the shooting mechanics are the worst I have ever seen. It's almost impossible to hit someone.
  12. May 16, 2014
    Didn't age well, and frankly always was overrated. Yes, it had a massive map, it was important that one could do so many things, all of this is true, but the story of grown men doing graffiti, riding bicycles (when you are told to), getting haircuts (when you are told to), the rough graphics and the pop up, the lame story (unless you're really into 90s rap culture, I guess)...I never couldDidn't age well, and frankly always was overrated. Yes, it had a massive map, it was important that one could do so many things, all of this is true, but the story of grown men doing graffiti, riding bicycles (when you are told to), getting haircuts (when you are told to), the rough graphics and the pop up, the lame story (unless you're really into 90s rap culture, I guess)...I never could get into it.
    It's a shame the story ruined what could have been a great game.
  13. ChrisP.
    Nov 11, 2005
    I'll give Rockstar this, they love reusing the same formula over and over again. When I first played GTA 3, my jaw dropped, I was in awe. When I played GTA:SA, I shrugged. The graphics haven't changed much since GTA 3. The music, well, I suppose it suits it. I'm just curious how many times you can run over a prostitute in a golf cart until it starts to bore you. Personally, I'll give Rockstar this, they love reusing the same formula over and over again. When I first played GTA 3, my jaw dropped, I was in awe. When I played GTA:SA, I shrugged. The graphics haven't changed much since GTA 3. The music, well, I suppose it suits it. I'm just curious how many times you can run over a prostitute in a golf cart until it starts to bore you. Personally, I got all that out of my system in Vice City. Only thing that keeps this game from getting an even lower score is the ability to jack a tractor. If that wasn't present, I probably would've given it a 1. Yes, I enjoyed it that much. Expand
  14. Dec 17, 2011
    Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas has several flaws that are hard to overlook. The basic idea of the Grand Theft Auto Series is to complete task for different people that for the most part are illegal. You have to kill, steal, and commit other crimes to make more money all while avoiding the cops. Past games have been very successful but San Andreas is not. First off, the City of San AndreasGrand Theft Auto: San Andreas has several flaws that are hard to overlook. The basic idea of the Grand Theft Auto Series is to complete task for different people that for the most part are illegal. You have to kill, steal, and commit other crimes to make more money all while avoiding the cops. Past games have been very successful but San Andreas is not. First off, the City of San Andreas is simply too big. Bigger is not always better. It takes ridiculous lengths to travel to some parts of the city, and there really is no actual reason to have such a big city. There is an actual highway system which is basically the developers saying "Our city is too big and boring to drive through, so we make this nice highway to speed up going through all the horrible travel times." Why not just make a smaller city that you actually enjoyed driving through? It may seem not like a big deal, but really it blows my mind that players have to sit there and hop on an express way to their next objective. Going on the same theme of the massive city, there is simply too many pointless things in this game. One feature is having to eat food or else you get thin and weak. This doesn't add anything to the game, just giving players an annoying task to go find food every so often. Also buying food actually take an absurd time, walking up and taking your order. Why have this? All this is doing is wasting my time when I want to be driving the express way for 10 minutes. Every skill has a level feature. The more you use something or do something, the higher your skill becomes. Yet again this adds no strategy or use to the game. A better feature would have been having to pick and choose which gun skills to increase, like pick the shotgun skill and you can do amazing damage up close, but are penalized for far range shots. You know, make the player actually have to decide something. Not just driving around and leveling up your driving skill randomly. Its like "oh thats cool I guess." One feature is the ability to swim, which actually is useful simply because you don't instantly die if you fall in water. Most others are gimmicky nothings. You can have a girlfriend and go on dates, which is completely retarded. Would you rather get into a high speed police chase, or go out with an npc to a hamburger joint? What is the point besides "Hey look at ANOTHER thing you can do besides play the actual game." There are bars where you can play a badly implemented pool game. You can literally ride a bicycle faster then most cars. You can buy houses, which is useful because you will need many places to save or else you are spending 7 minutes driving down Los Santos Freeway to save. You can go try and find all 100 graffiti points, or the 50 oysters in the ocean, or the 50 horseshoes hidden in the game. Isn't that great? Over 200 collectables that you are expected to find in a city that takes a good 20 minutes to drive from one end to another. Basically the developers way of saying "Here is something for you to look up online." Hiding 100 packages in GTA3 was feasible because you could spend 15 minutes and have checked a decent portion of the map off. If they literally expected players to find 200 small items in San Andreas then I truly don't know what to think. ANOTHER feature is the ability to fight rival gangs in turf battles, which is great because your turfs will be attacked and taken over when you're stuck on the freeway 10 minutes away. If you like Dance Dance Revolution type games, then don't worry because you can load up GTA:SA, drive to a certain location, then play the dancing mini game. Why? As the developers must have thought, why the hell not? More and more is better. With all this added nonsense, there IS a GTA game in there, but its hard to find. GTA: SA is not good. All the extra features are irrelevant, and the map size alone is enough to ruin the game. Don't buy this game even if it's on sale for 50% off at the dollar store. Expand
  15. Mike
    Nov 29, 2005
    Ends up rehashing the same overused formula. More of the same--with no improvements. Lackluster and uninnovative.
  16. MasterCheif
    Nov 19, 2004
    The graphics for this game hurts my eyes. Sure it may be big but it sucks. It does so many things but it does them so poorly. This game is like a bunch diffferent thinngs smushed together to make one big mess. Halo2 is much better. GTA San Andreas = overrated
  17. GeorgeC.
    Aug 23, 2009
    One of the worst game I've ever played... Missions sucks, CJ sucks, graphics sucks!!! This is not a good game, it is boring and you get annoyed after playing 30 minutes!! Stay away from San Andreas!
  18. nathant
    Nov 6, 2004
    i havent played the game, so i wont bash it or nething.

i havent played the game, so i wont bash it or nething.

is this all ps2 has left? some GTA series that is honastly overrated? wow go shoot people. steal something here. grab a random tank. drive a tractor through the city. seriously, if u want to kill someone, go become a gangsta. how many gta games are they gunna come out with that are basically the same except in different locations. maybe ps2 would like to make a new, revolutionary game that isnt based on some past series

just a suggestion
  19. CactuarChocobo
    Jun 30, 2004
    Like all the other GTA games, I expect this one will be buried under all the hype surrounding it too. Let's face the facts, people! GTA sucked! Only the gameplay was OK! It's like nobody saw the graphics of all the games! I had an eyesore just looking at the horrible Vice City! I would have given a 3/10 but looks like people have started treating this game likegod again. Too bad.
  20. DonkeyKongX
    Oct 26, 2004
    I HIGHLY DOUBT GTA SAN ANDREAS IS BETTER THAN HALF LIFE 2, THAT IS IMPOSSIBLE, GTA VC got boring after like 2 months, Because it was just the same as GTA III, and GTA SA WILL BE BETTER ON PC, AND HALF LIFE 2, HALO 2, F.E.A.R., S.T.A.L.K.E.R., AND FAR CRY ARE SO MUCH BETTER THAN GTA!
  21. FuckinG@ng$t@
    Nov 1, 2004
    I rated this game a 0, because HONESTLY, its so mother fucking incredible, I wanted to rate it 100 out of 10, but its not possible with the given digits :( what a motherfucking masterpiece. I just moved from San Francisco to atlanta, so its good to visit "home" evey now and then. MAN cali is still pimpin it UP! and fuck the rest of the US. WHAT A BEAUTIFUL LOAD OF JIZZLE!!!!!!!!!!! I LOVEI rated this game a 0, because HONESTLY, its so mother fucking incredible, I wanted to rate it 100 out of 10, but its not possible with the given digits :( what a motherfucking masterpiece. I just moved from San Francisco to atlanta, so its good to visit "home" evey now and then. MAN cali is still pimpin it UP! and fuck the rest of the US. WHAT A BEAUTIFUL LOAD OF JIZZLE!!!!!!!!!!! I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!! (im planning to enterprise the sale of "take my virginity, CJ" t-shirts. rockstar fo life) Expand
  22. SomeoneSpecial
    Nov 22, 2004
    I was very dissapointed in this game cuz i thought it was gonna be better. But it really wasnt. It got boring after 10 minutes. It is the same as Vice City. I have a XBOX and PS2 and I suggest you should get Halo 2 that is the real game to get.........Halo 2.....best game ever!
  23. RobD
    Dec 23, 2004
    1. it is a piece of dog shit
    2. What is all the fuss about it is only a game where you can shoot people you can do that in any fps.
    3 PS2 don't deserve this game hold on the console is shit as well maybe it should be on it.
  24. poopheadpeeonyou
    Nov 6, 2004
    this is the worst game in the world, even mario should get better ratings then this game. Why is everyone so hyped up about it?!?!?!
    I think that rockstar and rockster north have just gone downhill since gta 1 came out in '98. Big dissapointment.
    I HATE GRAND THEFT AUTO SAN ANDREAS!!!

BIG DISSAPOINTMENT!!!

DON"T GET THE GAME!!!
  25. josuerocha
    Aug 11, 2009
    A good game, which has a good story and interesting, something good to explore ...

But ... What was to be perfect by their degree of realism, has become a horrible piece of puppet show, where people look stupid without emotion, without any charisma, to lose all the "life" in play "dead" ... Honestly, a cop show without enough capacity to bring something fun and sad to see (or play)

Honestly, a cop show without enough capacity to bring something fun and sad to see (or play) ... Also tired of me just happy using Cheat ... Too tired to look rough and ridiculous scenes that follow the course of San Andreas ...

This "wonderful" game could be VERY best of times, no doubt ...
  26. JimD.
    Oct 25, 2004
    I am tired of this same old formula..what was once a great concept is now just redone and not nearly as well. The graphics although fluid, look dated and tried, and the voiceovers are very cut and pastey...CONTROL would be a nice addition to this game. Nice try for the subject matter but it really limits the audience to a specific group and most of those are over the age of 19 and not I am tired of this same old formula..what was once a great concept is now just redone and not nearly as well. The graphics although fluid, look dated and tried, and the voiceovers are very cut and pastey...CONTROL would be a nice addition to this game. Nice try for the subject matter but it really limits the audience to a specific group and most of those are over the age of 19 and not into this...A huge step backwards for this franchise. Expand
  27. Chimp
    Oct 26, 2004
    Not much new. 98? give me a friggin break.
  28. JerradH.
    Oct 31, 2004
    The reviewers are certainly right when they say the world is huge and there's lots to do. Shame the world doesn't look particularly good, and the things to do aren't all that interesting, and at times, frankly boring. In other words, more of the same. GTA is one of the most overrated series to ever exist. If it didn't have all the shock value, this series would've The reviewers are certainly right when they say the world is huge and there's lots to do. Shame the world doesn't look particularly good, and the things to do aren't all that interesting, and at times, frankly boring. In other words, more of the same. GTA is one of the most overrated series to ever exist. If it didn't have all the shock value, this series would've died out and been considered mediocre at best. Expand
  29. BigJimmy
    Oct 26, 2004
    Same old overrated recycled garbage as the past two games. The first one was fun, but more of the same, again? Boring!
  30. TommyV.
    Oct 27, 2004
    Not bad, not great. I've only had it for one day. This game is perfect for white kids who have low self esteem and feel they have to lash out at the world. Maybe Rockstar should introduce a child characture. It worked for Cosby. Still, the game looks slick for a PS2 offering.
  31. HalF.
    Oct 27, 2004
    Man, whaa happen? GTA III was so much fun, Vice City expanded on that with some new features, but now this series is really started to be run into the ground. I guess I'm just finally getting sick of these types of games. Call it Tony Hawk's Pro Skater syndrome... what started as a fun game ruined by too many releases of the same old stuff. I don't want to be playing the Man, whaa happen? GTA III was so much fun, Vice City expanded on that with some new features, but now this series is really started to be run into the ground. I guess I'm just finally getting sick of these types of games. Call it Tony Hawk's Pro Skater syndrome... what started as a fun game ruined by too many releases of the same old stuff. I don't want to be playing the same game over and over again for the next 10 years. It's time to move on. Expand
  32. PaulC.
    Nov 4, 2004
    WOW!
  33. Martin
    Dec 3, 2004
    After one week my cd got a big scratch so now i cant play it. it happen while i was playing.
  34. CharlesH.
    Dec 8, 2004
    This game is so very tedious. I suspect that it has enough fundamentally benine attractions to intice it's clientel but it is basically a game not worthy of those who can see past the new aspects such as the gangs and the areoplanes, and special bar metres. I admit this game has a lot to offer, but the story line is so controversial, and to be perfectly honest crap it offers no real This game is so very tedious. I suspect that it has enough fundamentally benine attractions to intice it's clientel but it is basically a game not worthy of those who can see past the new aspects such as the gangs and the areoplanes, and special bar metres. I admit this game has a lot to offer, but the story line is so controversial, and to be perfectly honest crap it offers no real excitement, this game is the opitomy of boredom. However, i do take enjoyment of watching the commoners flock to buy this thrivellous game. Expand
  35. TomA.
    Dec 22, 2004
    The GTA series is a grand series no doubt, but, and its a big but, why do all the games have to be excactly the same, instead of making the game better in general, they've just added more little things to do. The graphics are poor, and there are frame rate issues. If it's a game where you just want to go around shooting people fine, but the abbility to carry a gun around The GTA series is a grand series no doubt, but, and its a big but, why do all the games have to be excactly the same, instead of making the game better in general, they've just added more little things to do. The graphics are poor, and there are frame rate issues. If it's a game where you just want to go around shooting people fine, but the abbility to carry a gun around doesn't make a good game. If you want a game with guns get Halo 2, or if you want an RPG get KOTOR or Fable, or anything that is better than this heap of baggage. Expand
  36. Mat
    Nov 29, 2004
    Don't get me wrong the GTA series has been a great series and there are plenty of new features in San Andreas, but it is way to similar to the other GTA games... my opinion go get Vice City (same basic game... lower price)
  37. GordonFreeman
    Dec 27, 2004
    Pure crap, this game looks like crap, plays like crap, GTA 3 was better, Vice City was the worst, it shud get like -200 score, this game is overrated like mad, and deseves to burn in hell, the graphics are like PlayStation 1's DragonBallGT: Final Bout, seriously its a complete Re-Hash...just cuz it is a GTA game reviewers gave the score really high, when it is absolute junk. [Ed: Pure crap, this game looks like crap, plays like crap, GTA 3 was better, Vice City was the worst, it shud get like -200 score, this game is overrated like mad, and deseves to burn in hell, the graphics are like PlayStation 1's DragonBallGT: Final Bout, seriously its a complete Re-Hash...just cuz it is a GTA game reviewers gave the score really high, when it is absolute junk. [Ed: HL-2 fanboy, Gordon??] Expand
  38. Fighter17
    Dec 25, 2004
    Good game, but it is the same as the other two Grand Theif Auto games. After 3 hours of play, I really what to play something else. I didn't like the game at all.
  39. IacopoS.
    Jan 3, 2005
    I mean, vice city was good... and the one before even better... but this one is too much. i remember i could play gta for hours, and this starts to be boring after a while... there's too much stuff to do. great game, but this is way too much. too real to be a game. i'll go back playing pacman.
  40. RobertA.S.
    Jan 8, 2005
    The same shame as always! Graphics sucks! IA of traffic cars is better even in midtowmn madness 2 because the cars appears randomly, not following a path for each car, if you want to underestand what I'm meaning, let a traffic car to disspaear and then follow it. Hope next GTA will change the game engine.
  41. DemonicAngel
    Jan 8, 2005
    This game is just yet another reuse of the GTA formula, with a load of unnecessary "features" tagged on to give the illusion of great depth. The gameplay gets old after a couple of hours, the controls are plain shoddy, and the whole experience just feels like it was hastily thrown together to cash in on the success of the GTA brand. Rockstar's graphics and sound people should be very This game is just yet another reuse of the GTA formula, with a load of unnecessary "features" tagged on to give the illusion of great depth. The gameplay gets old after a couple of hours, the controls are plain shoddy, and the whole experience just feels like it was hastily thrown together to cash in on the success of the GTA brand. Rockstar's graphics and sound people should be very happy with the work they've done, but the game programmers should all be ashamed of themselves. Not worth the effort. Expand
  42. DannyD.
    Jan 13, 2005
    A step backwards, Vice City more colourful, interseting and compact. The story in San Andreas is awful. And where is Tommy!
  43. JamesN.
    Feb 7, 2005
    This game is a great game for children over the age of 18 it should not be given to children under age. this game is also a discrimantion of black people and the thats the reason for my low rating.
  44. BuddyLee
    Feb 14, 2005
    I cant play this around my kid, he's two and i dont want him to hear this crap. [Ed: Yet you want us to hear it?] At first the language did not bother me, but the more i played it, the more it bothers me. I have traded it in so i can buy something (ANYTHING) else. other than the language, this game is better than GTA3, but not up there with Vice City.
  45. CarlosG.
    Feb 19, 2005
    The best game ever putos !
  46. RickoL.
    Feb 22, 2005
    Wow! This is mint!
  47. VincentV.
    May 5, 2005
    The best game ever made...until the sequel.
  48. JaneD.
    Aug 7, 2005
    Pathetic graphics (I would think a 2.4 GHz machine with 1.5 G of ram could actually make characters you could see instead of vague outlines), camera angles that suck and are too hard to control (try driving with one hand, controlling the camera with the other, then finding a third hand to do a drive-by!), too much driving in the missions (I suck at driving and if I wanted a driving game Pathetic graphics (I would think a 2.4 GHz machine with 1.5 G of ram could actually make characters you could see instead of vague outlines), camera angles that suck and are too hard to control (try driving with one hand, controlling the camera with the other, then finding a third hand to do a drive-by!), too much driving in the missions (I suck at driving and if I wanted a driving game there are plenty out there- why not let you choose whether to be the gunner or driver?), and nearly impossible missions (drive from point A to point B without a scratch- even though every driver seems to be a psycho that will violate all traffic laws for the fun of it! or even better, play with a stupid little RC plane!) I'm glad this was a gift, because I would hate to have wasted my own money on this. Expand
  49. DanB.
    Mar 1, 2006
    the game works best if you just forget the story and make up your own objectives and play it for the free roaming beauty it is, cool cars, you can get a tattoo but not enough clothes.
  50. I.Lynch
    Mar 11, 2006
    The main problem with this game isnt the dated graphics, the repetitive drive n shoot gameplay or the cliched story. its that ignorant mothers are buying it for their 10 year old kids.
  51. RamiW.
    May 24, 2006
    is that how much you guys love this game all you do is kill people for money to complete objectives. I've never agreed with a critic this much but I agree with the new york times even though its still a fair rating.
  52. ApocalypseB.
    Oct 28, 2006
    There are many reasons to like/dislike a game. Reasons to dislike this range from being quirky to inhumane morals! Some gamers prefered Gta3 over Vice city as they were emotionally attached to that game. And indeed some prefered Vice city over San Andreas for the same reason. Fair enough, but when some hate this game because the main character is black, that is totally brain-dead! There are many reasons to like/dislike a game. Reasons to dislike this range from being quirky to inhumane morals! Some gamers prefered Gta3 over Vice city as they were emotionally attached to that game. And indeed some prefered Vice city over San Andreas for the same reason. Fair enough, but when some hate this game because the main character is black, that is totally brain-dead! Personally i think this is the best Gta ever made! It has the perfect formula for a sand box game and the play area is absolutely MASSIVE! The terrible voice acting and average graphics are annoying (maybe get actual black people to voice-act?), but the humour is back in effect, which went array in Vice City. Although I can relate to Vice City more (being an eighties man) and is still one of my favourite games of all time. There is no arguement that San Andreas is by far the more advanced and enjoyable game by the sheer weight of things to do! But two player is rubbish! Expand
  53. Oct 13, 2011
    i think it is a pretty good game. I like the big enviroments but it is just not my cup of tea. I still play this time to time but im not very crazy about this game.
  54. Dec 14, 2011
    This game was OK. I just thought it was a BIT too much hhmmmmmmmmm.........................................
  55. Dec 1, 2012
    Very funny game.
    Cool story, gameplay and longevity. Not so good graphics, but it's a very, very big game. There are billions of mods of it, and it is extremely fun.
  56. Nov 10, 2013
    There may are many things to do but nothing thinks to be finished trough. Many of the minigames are boring or/and annoying, the missions get boring and repetitive troughout the game and the story just unfolds one twist at the end. Still it is not a bad game, world is huge and the radio stations are awesome.
  57. May 10, 2014
    I am a huge fan of this franchise, the previous games were excellent, when some friends told me to play this game I was like like OK, I purchased it and the game started, the first mission was ironicaly great, the first missions are excellent, but suddenly and surprisingly, my expectations went from really high to down, the next missions are long, stressing and they have no sense, theI am a huge fan of this franchise, the previous games were excellent, when some friends told me to play this game I was like like OK, I purchased it and the game started, the first mission was ironicaly great, the first missions are excellent, but suddenly and surprisingly, my expectations went from really high to down, the next missions are long, stressing and they have no sense, the cameos of the characters from the other games are dissapointing, indeed the whole game is a dissapointment, the only good thing that has the game are the gang wars, but repetitive, this is the worst game of the franchise, this game makes Chinatown Wars as a materpiece. Expand
  58. Nov 1, 2015
    Muitos consideram GTA San Andreas o melhor, porém, não na minha opinião. O game é divertido, mas as missões são repetitivas. A jogabilidade deu uma melhorada, mas não foi grande coisa, e as vezes era estranha. O estado de San Andreas era grande de se explorar e interessante. Os gráficos tiveram uma evolução até que boa. A trilha sonora tinha uma pegada gangsta'.

História: 6/10

História: 6/10
    Gráficos: 9/10
    Jogabilidade: 9/10
    Desempenho: 10/10
    Trilha sonora: 8/10 (uma das melhores dos games).
  59. OmarMorales
    May 5, 2004
    I mean this game hasn't even hit shelves yet but I already know it going to be a 10. This game is going to be the ultimate game in the grand theft auto series. The only thing i don't like about the grand theft auto series is the cheap graphics and the sudden game stop. Once you pass the game there are no more missions to keep you interested!
  60. PatrickMead
    Jul 10, 2004
    How can you not give it anything but a 10 all the other GTA's have been everything that I excpected them to be but this one I think will be the mother of all GTA's. I think every fan will be blown away and stuned by what you can do in this game it's going to be amazing. I can't wait to play it. It will be the best GTA ever made by rockstar and I hope there will be moreHow can you not give it anything but a 10 all the other GTA's have been everything that I excpected them to be but this one I think will be the mother of all GTA's. I think every fan will be blown away and stuned by what you can do in this game it's going to be amazing. I can't wait to play it. It will be the best GTA ever made by rockstar and I hope there will be more to come in the future guy's keep up the awsome work peace. Expand
  61. ArturoFavela
    Aug 3, 2004
    It kicks ass, the game itself has lots of the things I was looking foward or so I have heared. more over It has an unmached enviroment of the pictures that have been released by rockstar and the diffrent interactive ways that you can use NPC characters. It's quite an amazing game so far, Carl is the new guy and he can swimm yea that is sweet and as far as i know you can pick your lookIt kicks ass, the game itself has lots of the things I was looking foward or so I have heared. more over It has an unmached enviroment of the pictures that have been released by rockstar and the diffrent interactive ways that you can use NPC characters. It's quite an amazing game so far, Carl is the new guy and he can swimm yea that is sweet and as far as i know you can pick your look physical, accesories, and threads. LOL Expand
  62. VladVoinov
    Jul 27, 2004
    Hands down, this will undoubtedly be the best video game, ever! The sheer size and amount of features is staggering. A lot of the things that are used regularly in the game are unheard of in the video game world. Even now, only a fraction of the detail about the game is known, and from what I know, the game is better than any other game out there, as well as many of the games that are Hands down, this will undoubtedly be the best video game, ever! The sheer size and amount of features is staggering. A lot of the things that are used regularly in the game are unheard of in the video game world. Even now, only a fraction of the detail about the game is known, and from what I know, the game is better than any other game out there, as well as many of the games that are yet to come. Rockstar did it again! Expand
  63. AdamW.
    Oct 29, 2004
    Let's get one thing straight: this is a GTA game. The core gameplay is essentially the same. You can still steal cars, run missions, shoot people etc. You either like the GTA style or you don't. Assuming you do, there is a LOT to like here. The game is absolutely HUGE. So much area, and so much else to do above and beyond the core missions. The reviewer who said to rentLet's get one thing straight: this is a GTA game. The core gameplay is essentially the same. You can still steal cars, run missions, shoot people etc. You either like the GTA style or you don't. Assuming you do, there is a LOT to like here. The game is absolutely HUGE. So much area, and so much else to do above and beyond the core missions. The reviewer who said to rent this game is dead wrong. While you could possibly complete the core story in that time, there is so much else to do in this game that you would be doing yourself a disservice. Expand
  64. dudeerr
    Oct 27, 2004
    whats up with these bitches who don't like the game it is fucken awsome. so much new shit so fun I am only on like the tenth mission and I am loving every bit of it. dumfucks like chimp and john h can go fuck themselves this game is badass
  65. peterskonkwonk
    Nov 11, 2004
    shittin hell m8 since i fucking got this absolutely shittin mint fucking arse rosh fuckin wicked big up ya self im a mirical master Game i cant fucking stop swearing muther fucker, for fucksake get ya fucking shoes on ya fucking feet and fucking shift ya fat shitty arse down the pissin shop and buy this big motherfucking game,
    big up ya self big up ya status.
    P.S fuck fuck arse cabbage.
    big up ya self big up ya status.
    P.S fuck fuck arse cabbage.

Your Sincerely Peter Skonkwonk
  66. JOSETRUJANO
    Nov 19, 2004
    GTA SAN ANDREAS IS THE BEST GAME OUT THERE 4 THE FACT THAT IT IS MORE REALISTIC MAKES IT BETER NOW U COULD SWIM,WORK-OUT,RIDE BIKES MOD U'R CARS CANGE U'R LOOKS GET TAT'S HAIR CUTS JUMP FENCES DO 4 PERSON DRIVE-BYS MAN THIS IS TRULY THE BEST GAME EVER WELL BYE I GOT 2 GO PLAY
  67. AnonymousMC
    Dec 23, 2004
    A very good game but I still enjoyed vice city more for a couple reasons. Tommy from VC was a great character because he was a total wise guy, while CJ is just a sterotypical gangsta. Also san andreas lost some of the humor that pushed the last 2 GTA games though the roof.
  68. AlecBousquet
    Jan 7, 2006
    The best gta eva made! u can do almost anything in this game like swimming,clothes,gym,and bikes. there is a way bigger area then gta3 and vicecity. I bought it the first day it came out and it was worth the $50 and waiting 2hours in line to get it!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  69. kylek
    Jan 20, 2006
    This is a great game, hijack anything except a tram. Fly planes and have dogfights with the army guys. Way better than GTA 3 and vice city, whoever says they didnt improve on anything, your wrong because san andreas give you, swimming, flying, trains, gang recruits, new story and girlfriends. how is that not improving. i hate people that sit back and piss the shit out of a game when it isThis is a great game, hijack anything except a tram. Fly planes and have dogfights with the army guys. Way better than GTA 3 and vice city, whoever says they didnt improve on anything, your wrong because san andreas give you, swimming, flying, trains, gang recruits, new story and girlfriends. how is that not improving. i hate people that sit back and piss the shit out of a game when it is actually brilliant. give credit to game camponies that actually give you the chance to play games. selfish little stuck up dickheads who dont appreciate gaming. san andreas is excellent. 10/10 Expand
  70. Exors1staWalker
    Jul 29, 2006
    This game has so much freedom that's why ten is it's name. Forget what Daitrex says he's just retarded. Of course it's foul languaged and violent well duh it's rated 18. And Sexual Contact what the the hell is that. Just buy it and don't believe Diatrex about his GTA review sure all his other ones are good but this one.......
  71. alexxmarsh
    May 26, 2007
    To all the old fart who complain about the violence, the language, or the sexual content, why dont you morons go jump off a bridge and stfu. This game is a masterpiece of epic propotions to deny it that is to prove your own ignorance. You know what i want when i buy a gta game? Violence, blood, foul language, inconciquencial murder, thats the name of the game if u cant deal with that goTo all the old fart who complain about the violence, the language, or the sexual content, why dont you morons go jump off a bridge and stfu. This game is a masterpiece of epic propotions to deny it that is to prove your own ignorance. You know what i want when i buy a gta game? Violence, blood, foul language, inconciquencial murder, thats the name of the game if u cant deal with that go play a sissy ass mario game or something. If u dont like sa your either an old withered stuck up fart close to death anyhow or a an ignorant hillbilly with a crow bar in your bum. GTA: SA best game of all time period if you dont agree buy your self a 9mm and point it at ur own head, you ignorant hick. If anything i think there isnt enough gore in this game i wanna see more blood like in vice from the chain saw etc. Oh and to the guy who said he cant play this around his child. Your kid is two years old too young and stupid to be impressionable yet. And what kind of a father are your to be playing video games when your child is at a stage in life when he needs human contact and interaction, obviously a very shitty parent, your kid obviously will turn out a pansy little ass because of you.

good day
  72. gabrielmendosa
    Sep 11, 2007
    i think its cool because you get the car name torento turbo and is the fastes car and the best lookin car go to cj house and press x,o,r1,r2,l2,l1and then go to play the videos games in cj house and go to your garage and you will see it there custumise
  73. JohnG
    Oct 1, 2007
    This game was sweet. Everything has been improved. It is a pretty sweet deal when you can wander around the entire landscape without loading. There are hundreds of things you can do which leads to endless hours of fun and chaos. Add in the codes and the fun keeps on going. Long Live GTA!!!
  74. AdamWest
    Dec 11, 2007
    I have played this for a couple of months now (replaying) and it gets a bit too repetitive after a while. I haven't played the other games so I don't know about their comparisons. But you should rent this if you haven't played the other games. It does have some ridiculously difficult parts. Sometimes it just plains sucks and on other days (after playing other linear gamesI have played this for a couple of months now (replaying) and it gets a bit too repetitive after a while. I haven't played the other games so I don't know about their comparisons. But you should rent this if you haven't played the other games. It does have some ridiculously difficult parts. Sometimes it just plains sucks and on other days (after playing other linear games for a while) the freedom feels great. Expand
  75. RyanMcKenzie
    Dec 22, 2008
    The graphics are terrible and two player is not fun, but it is a pretty good game overall. There is a lot of cursing in the game and some reviewers didn't like it but it doesn;t bother me. It wouldn't bother them either if they didn't depend on a Playstation to watch their kids.
  76. MichaelYelland
    Feb 6, 2009
    Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas. Well, What Can I Say Apart From, Amazing, Spectacular And How In The Hell Did Rockstar Create Such An Amazing Video Game That's Even Better Than Vice City And GTA III Put Together. The Plot: You Play As Carl Johnson (CJ), Who Has Just Returned From (The Best City In The Whole GTA Series, Well Was Until This Came Out, I'll Explain Later) LibertyGrand Theft Auto: San Andreas. Well, What Can I Say Apart From, Amazing, Spectacular And How In The Hell Did Rockstar Create Such An Amazing Video Game That's Even Better Than Vice City And GTA III Put Together. The Plot: You Play As Carl Johnson (CJ), Who Has Just Returned From (The Best City In The Whole GTA Series, Well Was Until This Came Out, I'll Explain Later) Liberty City, And Has Come Back To His Home-City, Los Santos (This Is Basically Rockstars Version Of Los Angeles... It's The Best City In The Game) To Find Out That His Mum Has Been Killed. You Are Now Gonna Reunite The Homies, Grab Your "Gats" (Guns In Other Words) And Find Her Killer. (The Plot Isn't Just All About The Death Of CJ's Mum It's A Lot Bigger Than That, Trust Me.) What I Think Of The Plot: The Plot Is Fantastic. It Has Violence, Swearing, Sex And Humour (Not As Much As Other GTA Games But A Lot Of Humour!) AND Plus There's Some Unexpected Twists... Throughout The WHOLE Game. Gameplay: In One Word: Fantastic. You Can Do Just About Everything In This, From Stealing Cars To Buying Guns From The Ammu-Nation, You Can Do Everything. I Would Give You A Whole List, But Then By The Time You've Read It PS2 Would Be Extinct. (It's That Big). There Are Three Cities To Free Roam Around: Los Santos (Los Angeles), San Fierro (San Francisco) And Las Venturas (Las Vegas). Here's A Mini-Review Of Each City: Los Santos: It's Fun And Simple. You Can Recruit Gang Members To Help You Cap Some Cops And Hijack Trains, Without Having To Drive Fifty Miles Out Of Ganton! City Rating: 5/5 San Fierro: It Starts Out In The Country, Which Is Boring When Doing VERY HARD Missions, But If You Keep Playing You'll Get The Trams And All Hippies You'd Expect Too See In San Francisco (If It Was 1992). City Rating: 5/5. Las Venturas: Breathtaking. In This City You Learn How To Fly Airplanes AND You Can Go Gambling! City Rating: 5/5. What I Think Of The Gameplay: (I Don't Really Need To Do This Part But Just For The Sake Of It) GTA: SA Is Just An Amazing Game. It's That Simple. There's Nothing Really Wrong With This Game Apart From The Following: Content Explanations: Violence: Strong (Cartoonish) Bloody Violence Sex: Partial Nudity Strong Sex References Language: Frequent Strong Language (Racist Terms Included) Apart From All That Content There's Nothing Wrong With This Game. Overall: 5/5, The Best Video Game (On The PS2) I Have Ever Played. CJ Is One Of The Best GTA Protaganists To Date. Expand
  77. david(nottherealname)shultz
    May 26, 2009
    All you stupid retarted dumb asses that gave this game anything below a 8 are G A Y shame unto all those poor souls. anyway this gme is bad ass it has more maps it lets you swim i lets you drive a plane it lets you ride a boat. it come with excellent hacks and cheats.it has everything in life you can do in real life and in the video game exept for rape,specific deaths n such anyway. screwAll you stupid retarted dumb asses that gave this game anything below a 8 are G A Y shame unto all those poor souls. anyway this gme is bad ass it has more maps it lets you swim i lets you drive a plane it lets you ride a boat. it come with excellent hacks and cheats.it has everything in life you can do in real life and in the video game exept for rape,specific deaths n such anyway. screw you all that gave this game lower than a 8 screw all you bitches to fuckn hell you stupid dumbasses Expand
  78. AnonymousMC
    Aug 17, 2009
    simply the best itiration of anything inter-non interactive in history 18 MILLION sold on the ps2 alone is nuff said. the total gross for the game would be est. at over 1.1 billion which would place it at #3 best selling movie of all time, maybe 2nd. this is truly a benchmark in gaming history. if the re released this game 4 years from now(from august 17th, 2009 spruced up the graphics tosimply the best itiration of anything inter-non interactive in history 18 MILLION sold on the ps2 alone is nuff said. the total gross for the game would be est. at over 1.1 billion which would place it at #3 best selling movie of all time, maybe 2nd. this is truly a benchmark in gaming history. if the re released this game 4 years from now(from august 17th, 2009 spruced up the graphics to a crysis crushing standard, kept all the original gameplay formula in tact, slightly reduced the cursing, (even though i liked it as is), reworked the audio, added more cars planes, doubled the map size, optimised it for ps4 which will probably feature 100gb bluray capacity and pc with ultimate graphics. then reworked the lighting, textures, flames, made realistic ai, increased the travel options to include trips to small maps of cartels in asia to shop for dope etc. allowed you to recruit gang members, reasign lead member positions, assign members to houses around the city, increase the weapon count, weapon damage, sounds, enviro effects etc. paint cars a wide variety of colors, add aftermarket wheel options, engines, exhaust etc. add competitive kayaking and white water to the ravines, grand canyon, include revised multiplayer, local online co-op, jails, nitrous, add 20+ hrs of main story line, the MY list goes on. i hope and believe that my revised version would come near, match or surpass the original in sales and would be happy to buy the ip if available. your input to new editions to the original is welcome. i also forgot to mention calling up gang members to help you in a fight. Expand
  79. BannaHammic
    Oct 5, 2004
    Its gon be PIMPI'n FO shizzle my dizzo'e fo shiz.
  80. Dude
    Oct 22, 2004
    Rocks my socks!
  81. Buried-In-The-Box
    Oct 25, 2004
    I'm not sure what has gotten into IGN lately, but it looks like they are taking upon themselves to single handedly make all XBOX games look bad at the end of this year by GIVING PS2 games good scores that don't deserve them. I'm not worried aboout CCC or OPSM, as one of them is totally biased and the other isn't credible [Ed: huh??], you figure it out, but if IGN gives I'm not sure what has gotten into IGN lately, but it looks like they are taking upon themselves to single handedly make all XBOX games look bad at the end of this year by GIVING PS2 games good scores that don't deserve them. I'm not worried aboout CCC or OPSM, as one of them is totally biased and the other isn't credible [Ed: huh??], you figure it out, but if IGN gives Halo 2 less than a 9.9, it will look like a game that has been done 5 times before is totally better than a game that has only been done once before and is obviously gonna be better and played longer. I don't how Sony is getting to these reviewes, but I for one am sick of crappy games that haven't changed in years getting great scores and games that haven't been tried much before that have something new to give getting the boot. This game is no different from the last, so I guess every game from now on should get a 10 since anything that tries something different in their sequel should be considered better. Shame on all reviewers that give this game over an 8.5. Sequels that don't do anything different from their predecessor can't be scored higher than their earlier try. Expand
  82. JohnB.
    Oct 3, 2004
    It's allright. Not enough missions. Rockstar made too much hype for this game. Rent it before you buy it: it'll save you dozens.
  83. AtariJaguarFetish
    Oct 27, 2004
    The graphics in this game are so awesome, rivaling Driver 2's on PS1, which is saying a lot. I love the pop-up which brings me back to the days of twitch gaming, where you needed fast reflexes to win. The control almost rivals Syphon Filter 2 and Tenchu 2's control, which we all know had the best control ever. The water effects almost surpass Cobra Triangles water on the NES, The graphics in this game are so awesome, rivaling Driver 2's on PS1, which is saying a lot. I love the pop-up which brings me back to the days of twitch gaming, where you needed fast reflexes to win. The control almost rivals Syphon Filter 2 and Tenchu 2's control, which we all know had the best control ever. The water effects almost surpass Cobra Triangles water on the NES, which still to this day has the best water effects ever. When it rains in the game, it almost looks as good as the rain in Saturn games, which did rain better than even Intellivision. Not even the PS2, Dreamcast nor XBOX can touch the graphics, control and gameplay here. Yes, I would have to say this is the best Atari Jaguar game I've ever played, maybe all month. Expand
  84. Sadie
    Oct 27, 2004
    I waited and waited and waited for this game to come out. I wibbled in my chair as the countdown to the release drew near... I rushed out to Future Shop THE day it came out... yes, in the morning as soon as the doors opened... I paid $68 (CDN) for it and ran, bouncing, out the doors. I got home, and I played. This game was everything I had expected and oh so much more. Very worth the wait I waited and waited and waited for this game to come out. I wibbled in my chair as the countdown to the release drew near... I rushed out to Future Shop THE day it came out... yes, in the morning as soon as the doors opened... I paid $68 (CDN) for it and ran, bouncing, out the doors. I got home, and I played. This game was everything I had expected and oh so much more. Very worth the wait and the money! Expand
  85. RicardoA.
    Oct 28, 2004
    This game is the best ever!!!
    Oct 24, 2004
    This will be the best gta yet! You can learn Kung Fu abd it has a new targeting system you can shoot head shots! All you people that hate this masterpiece are stupid.
  87. KarlK.
    Oct 13, 2004
    It looks awesome although this is coming froma diehard rockstar fan but still the fact that you can swim opens up so many new possibilities and being able to change the look of your person makes it awesome too.
  88. Osi
    Oct 29, 2004
    Shame on you all damn haters just because Halo did not get a 9.9 or future halo might not get 9.9!. and the fact that the game system is changing in today's life does not means that they are going to make another GTA III, they have to move on or else this series is going to get boring! plus this game might be the best game out YET! so it deserves at least a 9 because of all the Shame on you all damn haters just because Halo did not get a 9.9 or future halo might not get 9.9!. and the fact that the game system is changing in today's life does not means that they are going to make another GTA III, they have to move on or else this series is going to get boring! plus this game might be the best game out YET! so it deserves at least a 9 because of all the effort and all the new stuff no other game has =] Expand
  89. WayneH.
    Oct 29, 2004
    This game is the best car and action game ever.Truly amazing. Anyone who hasnt got it GET IT!
  90. JonW.
    Oct 24, 2004
    This game is fantastic. The graphics and animations are inproved on the previous installments and the story is even more compelling. The game gives you incredible freedom, being able to play videogames in the local pub, play basketball in the street, do stunts on a bmx, go to the gym and no loading screens all add to the experience. I loved vice city and this wipes the floor with it. 10/10
  91. JoelS.
    Oct 24, 2004
    Its gonna be awesome! I took days off work just to play it!
  92. MohamedA.
    Oct 25, 2004
    I ABSOFKNLOUTLEY love it.
  93. Blaze
    Oct 28, 2004
    man what the hell are all you nuts out there who gave this game under a 9 talking about...this game is so damn hard and tops gta:3 and vice city, now im a fan of the gta series and i have to say without a doubt this i by far the best gta game ever i am a madden guy and i have to speak when i say gta trounces madden sorry madden maybe next year def. a $49.99 worthy game...ups to rockstar fa sho.
  94. JayA
    Oct 28, 2004
    Awesome! They have improved the gameplay with each release and this game is even better than Vice City. It deserves a 10 ranking!
  95. JigganisZig
    Oct 10, 2004
    I too think this game will be perfect, but i also think that there's a slight off-chance that with all the new changes that it could be different enough to make it not-so-good. Here is to hoping. i wish i could get it the day it comes... but im 12. cant buy GTA.
  96. WowzerzJ.
    Oct 28, 2004
    This game is amazing. Theres so much to do. Its so addictive, there really needs to be a warning on the box. You start to concentrate so much on Cj's life you forget about your own. Be carefull and take a break!
  97. JimB.
    Oct 14, 2004
    It's TIGHT!
  98. EliasG.
    Oct 29, 2004
    Best in the series...Where could they go from here?... the Warriors.
  99. LordVader
    Oct 28, 2004
    Awesome game, this is easily the best of the GTA games, excellent graphic and fantastic playability but what's with trashing the Xbox? The game is coming to that console as well so what's the big deal? I think some people need to grow up abit.
  100. GraemeL.
    Oct 30, 2004
    This game is the best. it has every game in 1 nearly and it is the best game out.

#1 Most Discussed PS2 Game of 2004
#1 Most Shared PS2 Game of 2004

1. The amount of things to do in the cities of Los Santos, San Fierro, and Las Venturas is absolutely staggering... In my opinion there’s no excuse to not have a “save anywhere” feature included.
    San Andreas's chief advantage over "Vice City" is size. And for many players, that's good enough. But another group of fans will come to quietly understand that, at least for the time being, "Vice City" remains the high point of the GTA series.
    There's so much to do in this game that it's outside of my range of imagination to be able to picture me reaching a 100% complete. Unfathomable.