8.9

Jan 6, 2005
    Best GTA ever period.
  2. DustinC.
    Jan 7, 2005
    Awesome game. Huge, huge, huge. Tons of stuff to do - even when you're done the missions there is everything else: photos, tags, jumps, minigames, races, etc. Best gameplay ever. The only reason I gave 9 instead of 10 is that the graphics are not up to the standard of everything else, what is with the blocky hands?
  3. PaulS.
    Feb 17, 2005
    Top banana.
  4. RickN.
    Feb 1, 2005
    San Andreas does have its faults - targeting enemies, bland graphics, some rough animation etc. why do I still give it a 10 then? Because the sheer size and things to do in the game outweigh any flaw this game has, its huge, and due to this it is a game you could easily play for days and days on end. Be prepared to book a lot of time off work and say goodbye to your friends for a while.
  5. BobB.
    Feb 4, 2005
    One of the best games i have played. I think that it is the best of the grand theft auto series.
  6. Kei
    Mar 25, 2005
    One word: Perfect.
  7. JohnG.
    May 4, 2005
    All I can say is WOW.
  8. DannyN.
    Jun 4, 2006
    This is the absolute best game ever. Unless in some distant country or some planet in the far reaches of space has hidden a game so great that it induces spasms and eye-rupturing visuals, this is the best game. The graphics are behind their time, but I do not even notice that it lacks in anything as I fly through the air with a fighter jet shooting missiles wherever I please. I often walk This is the absolute best game ever. Unless in some distant country or some planet in the far reaches of space has hidden a game so great that it induces spasms and eye-rupturing visuals, this is the best game. The graphics are behind their time, but I do not even notice that it lacks in anything as I fly through the air with a fighter jet shooting missiles wherever I please. I often walk on foot just to get a feel for the scale of this enormous, mystical journey. It has been over a year since I have beat the game's missions, and I still play it because after all the amazing missions, the game really begins. With so many unlockable things and never-before-seen wonders such as the ancient mountain, skyscraping cities, and landscapes on a scale so immense, I want to cry. Needless to say, this is my favorite game and I look forward to the day when a better game causes my head to burst in chunks of joy. Expand
  9. MikeG.
    Jul 29, 2006
    one of the greatest games ever. too bad people overplayed III and VC, III got the best score ever for ps2 games, and this has 10xs more content and better controls. if you don't like this game it might be time for you to sell your ps2, buy a gamecube and suck on mario's kiddie themes
  10. JohnG
    Oct 1, 2007
    This game was sweet. Everything has been improved. It is a pretty sweet deal when you can wander around the entire landscape without loading. There are hundreds of things you can do which leads to endless hours of fun and chaos. Add in the codes and the fun keeps on going. Long Live GTA!!!
  11. Kewkat
    Jan 25, 2007
    Remember to drive safely without hitting any cop car, and just in case the clerks don't see "eye to eye" have a plan to visit the pay and spray after your job is done. This should keep those pesky stars off your back while you rob the store of every San Andreas they have, and take them home so you'll be the owner of MANY greatest games of all time.
  12. DeondreJ.
    Mar 21, 2007
    It's fun. Has better cars, better weapons and characters look better. You get to do more in here than Vice City.
  13. DereckD.
    Mar 8, 2008
    Played and replayed and played again. PC mods make this infinitely re playable.
  14. JoshS.
    Nov 1, 2004
    This is the best gta game since GTA III I agree with Mark m in stating that anyone who says this game sucks needs to stop playing action rpg this game is awsome.
  15. BladeM.
    Nov 1, 2004
    Very expansive enviroment, lacks some semi-realism, but, who can complain? -2 player mode is quite poor -keeping players stats up can become a chore -amount of different traffic seems to have at least doubled -customization is very cool -games storyboard is spectacular.
  16. MichaelP.
    Nov 10, 2004
    Kickass game to cool makes it feel like your actuallythere killing, robbing, and working for the mafia.
  17. Mr.Anderson
    Nov 1, 2004
    This is still a good gta game, but it is too long. [Ed: Huh? Really sucks to get your money's worth, doesn't it?] Everything has improved again. You still do the same thing which is fine but i wish you could do some thing other than just missions and killing. Also why in the world are people coparing this game to halo 2? Come on ya can't. People are going to be mad at me This is still a good gta game, but it is too long. [Ed: Huh? Really sucks to get your money's worth, doesn't it?] Everything has improved again. You still do the same thing which is fine but i wish you could do some thing other than just missions and killing. Also why in the world are people coparing this game to halo 2? Come on ya can't. People are going to be mad at me but it is a first person shooter and what is this an adventure. Anyway in my opinion halo 2 will be better than ANY game in the market. So i do recommend this game to any ps2 holder it is a must have. But people STOP comparing other games when you don't know how good they are. Expand
  18. TimS.
    Nov 1, 2004
    The best video game ever produced! Period.
  19. Flydude
    Nov 10, 2004
    This is the most g'd up game ever dawg its of the hizzle fo shizzle.
  20. FilipeS.
    Nov 11, 2004
    This is the best game of all my life!
  21. MickT.
    Nov 10, 2004
    I like this game but i realy wish i could play it on my xbox. it would just look so much prettier.
  22. MichaelV.
    Nov 12, 2004
    Man to all your losers complaining about the game i think this is the best GTA game that has come out yet. It deserves a ten but the only downside to this game is that its soooo big. oh yea!
  23. SimonP.
    Nov 1, 2004
    Hyperbole aside, what makes the GTA games compelling for me isn't the violence (lets face it - what's big, clever or new about that?) it's the go anywhere, do anything nature of the gameplay. This games continues and enhances the tradition of (almost) free form play in a largely believable game-world. Overall though, my abiding impression is that the game has become too Hyperbole aside, what makes the GTA games compelling for me isn't the violence (lets face it - what's big, clever or new about that?) it's the go anywhere, do anything nature of the gameplay. This games continues and enhances the tradition of (almost) free form play in a largely believable game-world. Overall though, my abiding impression is that the game has become too ambitious for the machine it's running on. The graphics and framerate are very weak in places and although that doesn't not spoil the game, I can't help imagining this concept realised on a machine capable of doing the vision of the developers justice - (hopefully the next generation of PS and Xbox). Still a superb and involving game though. Expand
  24. JoeM.
    Nov 1, 2004
    I do not own this game yet but I have played it at my friends house and it is the best game ever blows driv3r out of the water and way outstrips vice city.
  25. JigganisZig
    Oct 10, 2004
    I too think this game will be perfect, but i also think that there's a slight off-chance that with all the new changes that it could be different enough to make it not-so-good. Here is to hoping. i wish i could get it the day it comes... but im 12. cant buy GTA.
  26. MarkM.
    Nov 1, 2004
    Anyone who rates this game lower than a 9 either: a.) has not played the other games in the series; b.) has not played this one enough to see the HUGE differences R* has added; c.) is an Xbox homer who has no business rating this game to begin with; and/or d.) is a blithering idiot. There have been numerous changes to this game -- instead of just doing mission after mission, you actually Anyone who rates this game lower than a 9 either: a.) has not played the other games in the series; b.) has not played this one enough to see the HUGE differences R* has added; c.) is an Xbox homer who has no business rating this game to begin with; and/or d.) is a blithering idiot. There have been numerous changes to this game -- instead of just doing mission after mission, you actually have to earn your skills ... there are a TON of odd jobs and mini games ... and the city is so huge as to be ridiculous. Those that think it's the same old, same old, have to be clueless -- it's not anywhere close to GTA3 or VC in terms of gameplay. All in all, perhaps the defining moment of the PS2, just as Halo2 will be for the Xbox. Expand
  27. AndrewD.
    Nov 2, 2004
    I am only 3% done the game, and it is already obvious how great it is! I am taking my time too, since just plain cruising around is fun too! And doing side missions too. Not to forget new to GTA:SA, is keeping your character Carl Johnson in shape. Going to the gym to exercise and build muscle, biking and swimming to build stamina as well to avoid getting fat from driving all the time! I am only 3% done the game, and it is already obvious how great it is! I am taking my time too, since just plain cruising around is fun too! And doing side missions too. Not to forget new to GTA:SA, is keeping your character Carl Johnson in shape. Going to the gym to exercise and build muscle, biking and swimming to build stamina as well to avoid getting fat from driving all the time! Americans as a whole should take note! The swimming means driving into water isn't instant death, get out and swim to land, and even swim underwater to find oysters, which I found one. This game has great hills too, unlike Vice City for the most part, and countryside for off road driving! A few side games so far include off track betting, mini arcdade games, a dance dance revolution parody, and a mini basketball game, similar to the mini games from Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 4. Did I mention I am only 3% done, there are still umpteen more missions, 2 parts of the map to unlock, more features, like suping up cars. I for the most part avoided reviews, and information about it to go in fresh, and that way, there is more to look forward to, and be excited about! Expand
  28. MilesN.
    Nov 20, 2004
    What is wrong with you people???? An 8.6 overall??? this is the best consloe game to eer hit store shelves!
  29. DaveW.
    Nov 2, 2004
    Best of the series. fresh game.
  30. KenL.
    Nov 22, 2004
    This is the best gta game ever there is so much freedom and i know that this game deserves higher then an 8.6 average.
  31. MikeToreno
    Nov 22, 2004
    This is by far the best video game ever made and anyone who doesn't agree with me can go... "Best video game ever!"
  32. Bobness
    Oct 12, 2004
    B-E-A-UTIFUL!
  33. Rinazzle
    Nov 2, 2004
    Words hardly do justice to just how good this game is. The sheer playability blows the pants over literally any other form of digital entertainment. Period.
  34. JasonF.
    Nov 26, 2004
    I almost lost my job because of this game. it is the best ps2 game i have ever played.
  35. KyleW.
    Nov 2, 2004
    This one blows the other two grand theft autos away. The size of the game and the multiple range of vehicles is unbeleivable. It takes every aspect of everyday life and makes you control CJ's lfe and how he looks and dresses.
  36. KaiserSoze
    Nov 2, 2004
    I'm one of those people who this game evidently won't appeal to because I'm 35. Hello? We were the first generation to grow up on videogames and a prime demographic. My friends and I have killed about 50,000 people on GTA3 and VC. Those who rate the game lower than an 8 haven't played it, haven't played it long enough or are X-Box fetishists. The graphics I'm one of those people who this game evidently won't appeal to because I'm 35. Hello? We were the first generation to grow up on videogames and a prime demographic. My friends and I have killed about 50,000 people on GTA3 and VC. Those who rate the game lower than an 8 haven't played it, haven't played it long enough or are X-Box fetishists. The graphics aren't perfect, but there are limits to the PS2 and the gameplay more than makes up for it. The size and seamlessness is better than any other game on PS2. I still have no idea how they did away with any load times. The missions are outstanding and the game gets much more fun as you progress. You'll be amazed at how much detail has been given to everything, including the countryside, casinos, OTB, working out, getting tattoos and haircuts, controlling your gang, car customization, mission design, etc. There's almost nothing you can't do. The game is just massive. It takes a LONG time to get from one city to another unless you have a plane. Stop yer whining and go buy the thing, even if you have to grow some balls and buy a PS2. They're cheap now. Expand
  37. ChadJB.
    Nov 3, 2004
    I have seen the face of God and it is San Andreas.
  38. KatieN.
    Fantastic.
  39. VictorG.
    Nov 3, 2004
    I love this game but i give it a nine cause of the fact that we dont have the option 2 make are character white or black. sorry but i would like it 2 look like me or at least my skin color. maybe next game we can creat are character from scratch like in the sims. other than that the game rocks!!!!
  40. JonM.
    Nov 3, 2004
    This thing is so huge it's daunting... great fun so far. But which idiot decided to use dark blue blips on the map for paramedic + taxi missions? I can barely make them out on my (average) TV.
  41. ChrisA.K.A.SmokeyFattahi
    Nov 4, 2004
    This game iz tha best one yet...... It iz cuz it dont bleeep out tha cuss wordz like Vice City.. It got hood people nood little rich crakerz.. And u ride bikes got tha finest muzic frum Dre to Snoop.. And Having two player girl friend action iz da stuff.
  42. JuliusD.
    Nov 4, 2004
    Victor G. - Could we make Tommy Verscetti black? And are white and black the only 2 ethnicities out there? You need to get schooled, son -- and not in Alabama. The game is a bigger and badder evolution of the tried-and-true digital playground that R* has been providing us with since GTAIII. Saying any more would be useless since the professional reviews can't help but mimic each Victor G. - Could we make Tommy Verscetti black? And are white and black the only 2 ethnicities out there? You need to get schooled, son -- and not in Alabama. The game is a bigger and badder evolution of the tried-and-true digital playground that R* has been providing us with since GTAIII. Saying any more would be useless since the professional reviews can't help but mimic each other in their praise for this title (as well as its flaws.) Expand
  43. JuliusP.
    Nov 4, 2004
    This is the best game ever and I can't wait to the next game comes out. I know that it will probably come out when the ps3 is release.
  44. SteveA.
    Nov 5, 2004
    Absolutely fantastic! I would have had no idea that I would be comparing this to Fable, but I am, this is so much better. Vice City looks terrible compared to this. The place is incredibly huge! You could literally take up to two hours going from one point to another, man. The graphics are still very Grand Theft Auto, however. A huge improvement over all of them, but the sheer reason you Absolutely fantastic! I would have had no idea that I would be comparing this to Fable, but I am, this is so much better. Vice City looks terrible compared to this. The place is incredibly huge! You could literally take up to two hours going from one point to another, man. The graphics are still very Grand Theft Auto, however. A huge improvement over all of them, but the sheer reason you should buy it is because of the size. I love this game and if you have about 80 HOURS to kill, this should definitely be at the top of your list. Expand
  45. ChrisS.
    Nov 5, 2004
    A brilliant game 10/10, almost completed.
  46. LinoG.
    Nov 5, 2004
    Do not be fooled by imitators, or detered by "authority" figures who want to rid the gaming industry of every single disc, cartridge or otherwise that bares the Grand Theft Auto name. This is, without and doubt, reservation, or hesitation, the greatest game the PS2 has ever seen. Unlimited replay value, countless gameplay types, and custimization galore. If you have a PS2, get this game.
  47. Bigmacwithfries
    Nov 7, 2004
    You can go to the gym, watch the phisical appearance of you character improve with exercise, go shopping 4 clothes and gear, have sex, go to get somthing to eat, have a girlfriend, swim, Get tattoed, Absolute freedom in the GTA universe is priceless. You can wander the city for hours without playing a single game mission, and still nave tons of fun finding lots of things 2 do, You can go to the gym, watch the phisical appearance of you character improve with exercise, go shopping 4 clothes and gear, have sex, go to get somthing to eat, have a girlfriend, swim, Get tattoed, Absolute freedom in the GTA universe is priceless. You can wander the city for hours without playing a single game mission, and still nave tons of fun finding lots of things 2 do, gettin' into trouble, shooting gangs, i mean, This game is life itself, Best game ever. Period Expand
  48. Ertert
    Nov 9, 2004
    I havent actually bought the game yet, its sold out everywhere!!!! do many girls play this game?? i absolutely love it but i know no other girls that do.
  49. DanielM.
    Nov 9, 2004
    Better than the other GTA's and any other crime game.
  50. JoshM.
    Nov 9, 2004
    This game is the best yet!
  51. BlueFalcon
    Dec 10, 2004
    There's been a lot of great games to come out lately. But I think this one is the best of them all. No other game can match it's freedom of gameplay.
  52. RaoulC.
    Oct 20, 2004
    I LOVE THIS GAME!!!!
  53. PhilH.
    Dec 1, 2004
    This game is f...ing sick the best one yet.
  54. RichH.
    Dec 21, 2004
    If you don't have this game then let me give you a hint. BUY IT!!! The map is wicked, the missions are awesome and the special effects are sick.
  55. VladikB.
    Dec 20, 2004
    It is really fun to play it im on the mission cesar vialpando and life is a beach and i cant finish those two because i cant keep up with the arrows!!!
  56. KevinC.
    Dec 23, 2004
    Sweet graphics. love it wen u r haulin ass and it feels like u r actually driving wit da blurred surrounds. kick ass game
  57. Dude
    Oct 22, 2004
    Rocks my socks!
  58. StevenT.
    Dec 3, 2004
    this game is fun fun fun! you can do tonz of stuff! remeber vice city with the semi truck? now you can hook up a trailer to it! you can fly any and all planes you see(after you get a piolot's license) and you can swim! lots to do really fun. another plus is the whole world is not just city. you can go off-roadingf on dirt bikes really cool. buy it or you'll suffer not having this game is fun fun fun! you can do tonz of stuff! remeber vice city with the semi truck? now you can hook up a trailer to it! you can fly any and all planes you see(after you get a piolot's license) and you can swim! lots to do really fun. another plus is the whole world is not just city. you can go off-roadingf on dirt bikes really cool. buy it or you'll suffer not having fun! peace out readers Expand
  59. RailenH.
    Dec 3, 2004
    This game is so hot its even better then the other ones i hope that they come out with more grand theft auto games.
  60. JoseM.
    Dec 3, 2004
    I think this game truly lives up to its name.
  61. JonW.
    Oct 24, 2004
    This game is fantastic. The graphics and animations are inproved on the previous installments and the story is even more compelling. The game gives you incredible freedom, being able to play videogames in the local pub, play basketball in the street, do stunts on a bmx, go to the gym and no loading screens all add to the experience. I loved vice city and this wipes the floor with it. 10/10
    Oct 24, 2004
    This will be the best gta yet! You can learn Kung Fu abd it has a new targeting system you can shoot head shots! All you people that hate this masterpiece are stupid.
  63. JoelS.
    Oct 24, 2004
    Its gonna be awesome! I took days off work just to play it!
  64. BradB.
    Oct 25, 2004
    Just picked this game up tonight and it is outstanding!! Great graphics, excellent west coast music and the story seems great so far.
  65. MohamedA.
    Oct 25, 2004
    I ABSOFKNLOUTLEY love it.
  66. AdamW.
    Oct 25, 2004
    It's the bomb digity fresh.
  67. Pimp69
    Dec 6, 2004
    GTA san andreas is a loc ass game!!!!F..k all ya who try 2 dis on it!!!
  68. Brandon
    Oct 26, 2004
    Many complained that Vice City was just GTA 3 in a different city. San Andreas expands greatly on the previous games by adding attributes (like lung capacity, driving skill, respect, etc.) that you have to build up. The ability to swim is a great addition that was desparately needed in the earlier games. The graphics are also greatly improved. They still aren't good but I suppose Many complained that Vice City was just GTA 3 in a different city. San Andreas expands greatly on the previous games by adding attributes (like lung capacity, driving skill, respect, etc.) that you have to build up. The ability to swim is a great addition that was desparately needed in the earlier games. The graphics are also greatly improved. They still aren't good but I suppose that is the trade off for having one of (if not THE) largest seemless world available in a video game. Expand
  69. AndreB.
    Oct 26, 2004
    Great Game! The Best ever made. I didn't think they could've pulled it off, but dammit, I was dead wrong. If u own a PS2 and dont have this in a library, U need a reality check.
  70. MikeL.
    Oct 26, 2004
    I think it's laughable how these Xbox fanboys decide to write negative reviews for GTA:SA and think their motivation appears anything but transparent. It's obvious they're bitter that a game that is available for only the Playstation 2 can challenge the greatness of Halo 1 and 2 ( the blasphemy!!). Also, it's pathetic how you could polarize yourself as either an Xbox I think it's laughable how these Xbox fanboys decide to write negative reviews for GTA:SA and think their motivation appears anything but transparent. It's obvious they're bitter that a game that is available for only the Playstation 2 can challenge the greatness of Halo 1 and 2 ( the blasphemy!!). Also, it's pathetic how you could polarize yourself as either an Xbox fan or PS2 fan much like Republicans and Democrats are doing these days. What's wrong with liking both for god's sake? It's obvious that the GTA franchise and Halo franchise are among the creme de la creme of the gaming world, but unlike you fanboys i'll be enjoying both this holiday season (sorry for the preachiness, just had to get that off my chest). Expand
  71. AVideoGameCritic
    Dec 6, 2004
    A great game....until you reach Las Venturas. The missions there (in general) are tedious, and the plot (at that point) is completely non-existent. So...why continue playing? This is the only GTA game that I have not been compelled to finish. That said, this game has many features, etc. that are improvements, and the 3 cities are each very large and detailed (although Las Venturas is the A great game....until you reach Las Venturas. The missions there (in general) are tedious, and the plot (at that point) is completely non-existent. So...why continue playing? This is the only GTA game that I have not been compelled to finish. That said, this game has many features, etc. that are improvements, and the 3 cities are each very large and detailed (although Las Venturas is the blandest) and, until Las Venturas, the missions in this game are very fun and entertaining. Overall, recommended to GTA fans, I just think it needed a stronger plot. And neither city was as cool as Vice City... I'm also starting to wonder about the quality of this series in general. After extensive play, does anyone else's disc start to get messed up, have slower load times, and does the console start to make weird sounds when playing this game? The same thing happened to me with Vice City, and eventually, it stopped working. Hope this isn't a repeat of that... Expand
  72. JoeA.
    Oct 26, 2004
    The very best of gaming large and great real life characters a great guest appearances.
  73. RobS.
    Oct 27, 2004
    WOW! THE BEST GAME EVER!! Over-rated my ****! its truly brilliant and a bargain i wudnt sell it for $100
  74. SamP.
    Oct 27, 2004
    Tony M. --- the thing is the 'Box WILL get SA some time whereas "Halo 2" will NEVER EVER be put into the PS2's flimsy disk tray EVER!!
  75. ThomasM.
    Oct 27, 2004
    Those foul-mouthed ba****ds! There's a lot of f***in cussing, holy s**t! I love it! Brother! Motherf***er! Yeah! GTA:SA deserved a 09 out of 10. WoW.
  76. Sadie
    Oct 27, 2004
    I waited and waited and waited for this game to come out. I wibbled in my chair as the countdown to the release drew near... I rushed out to Future Shop THE day it came out... yes, in the morning as soon as the doors opened... I paid $68 (CDN) for it and ran, bouncing, out the doors. I got home, and I played. This game was everything I had expected and oh so much more. Very worth the wait I waited and waited and waited for this game to come out. I wibbled in my chair as the countdown to the release drew near... I rushed out to Future Shop THE day it came out... yes, in the morning as soon as the doors opened... I paid $68 (CDN) for it and ran, bouncing, out the doors. I got home, and I played. This game was everything I had expected and oh so much more. Very worth the wait and the money! Expand
  77. JoshB.
    Oct 27, 2004
    Yeah ok, it's pretty much the same game as the last one, but what makes that a bad thing. If it ain't broke don't fix it. Just add a little more depth for character development and great new voice actors, and you have another blockbuster.
  78. JJJames
    The best game ever.
  79. QJFRESH
    Oct 27, 2004
    I Bought it yesterday the best game I ever played if you dont have it you need to get it.
  80. AB
    Oct 27, 2004
    This game is freakin' amazing. They improved on every aspect of Vice City (which was already a great game to begin with). Every PS2 owner should buy this game. Now. And as for Jigganis Zig: since you're only 12 you should wait for Ratchet and Clank: Up Your Arsenal and Metroid Prime 2 Echoes; they're going to be awesome too!
  81. JosephW.
    Dec 8, 2004
    I LUV THIS GAME!
  82. Blaze
    Oct 28, 2004
    man what the hell are all you nuts out there who gave this game under a 9 talking about...this game is so damn hard and tops gta:3 and vice city, now im a fan of the gta series and i have to say without a doubt this i by far the best gta game ever i am a madden guy and i have to speak when i say gta trounces madden sorry madden maybe next year def. a $49.99 worthy game...ups to rockstar fa sho.
  83. JohnS.
    Oct 29, 2004
    This game is the shizzzznittt hecks yea the rocks my socks.
  84. KhanhN.
    This game is TIGHT!
  85. UmarM.
    Oct 29, 2004
    Holy holy damn this game is sooooooooo wicked.
  86. Osi
    Oct 29, 2004
    Shame on you all damn haters just because Halo did not get a 9.9 or future halo might not get 9.9!. and the fact that the game system is changing in today's life does not means that they are going to make another GTA III, they have to move on or else this series is going to get boring! plus this game might be the best game out YET! so it deserves at least a 9 because of all the Shame on you all damn haters just because Halo did not get a 9.9 or future halo might not get 9.9!. and the fact that the game system is changing in today's life does not means that they are going to make another GTA III, they have to move on or else this series is going to get boring! plus this game might be the best game out YET! so it deserves at least a 9 because of all the effort and all the new stuff no other game has =] Expand
  87. ASIS
    Oct 29, 2004
    This is an incredible game. i was kinda dissapointed at the graphical aspect of the character textures, not much of a change, but after 10 minutes i completely forgot about the graphics and focused on some amazing gameplay. As someone who did grow up in south central LA during the riots and gang wars , it does impress me to see a game like this. all the things you have to do are amazingThis is an incredible game. i was kinda dissapointed at the graphical aspect of the character textures, not much of a change, but after 10 minutes i completely forgot about the graphics and focused on some amazing gameplay. As someone who did grow up in south central LA during the riots and gang wars , it does impress me to see a game like this. all the things you have to do are amazing compared to the past 2 gta incarnations on the ps2. storyline wise, just as good as i expected it if not better. as for xbox owners, simple, dont like it, then dont play it. Expand
  88. AndrewT.
    Oct 29, 2004
    This game is the best thing that RockStar North has ever created. I play this game day and night and now i think i turned into those people with no life.
  89. FranciscoG.
    Oct 31, 2004
    When vice city came out i was like whoa dude!!! san andreas ate vice city for lunch. i played vice city everyday and now i can care less about it and probably wont ever play it again because san andreas is 10xs better than any game ive played "ever" yes even better than sonic 1.
  90. BIGSmoke
    Oct 30, 2004
    Best game i have ever played in my life. it is totally different from GTA3 ans vice city. the missions are way more fun and the country and all the tractors and stuff are really fun. there is so much to do. Plus this time you can acually swim!! This game will be the best game ever!! who cares about halo2. can u do a drive by in halo 2 how about ride dirtbike and atvs or have your own Best game i have ever played in my life. it is totally different from GTA3 ans vice city. the missions are way more fun and the country and all the tractors and stuff are really fun. there is so much to do. Plus this time you can acually swim!! This game will be the best game ever!! who cares about halo2. can u do a drive by in halo 2 how about ride dirtbike and atvs or have your own girlfriend or start a gang war. when i played this game my jaw hit the ground and just stared there for a long time.Ps. how could u rate this game a seven?? you must either suck at playing and can't beat the missions or you have x box and are just jealous you cant play GTA SAN ANDREAS!!!!!! Expand
  91. BrettS.
    Oct 31, 2004
    It's GTA Vice City, but with a hip hop theme, and a bigger arena. Still better than 98% of the games out there. Nothing beats running over people with a tractor!
  92. JohnB.
    Oct 3, 2004
    It's allright. Not enough missions. Rockstar made too much hype for this game. Rent it before you buy it: it'll save you dozens.
  93. OmarMorales
    May 5, 2004
    I mean this game hasn't even hit shelves yet but I already know it going to be a 10. This game is going to be the ultimate game in the grand theft auto series. The only thing i don't like about the grand theft auto series is the cheap graphics and the sudden game stop. Once you pass the game there are no more missions to keep you interested!
  94. VladVoinov
    Jul 27, 2004
    Hands down, this will undoubtedly be the best video game, ever! The sheer size and amount of features is staggering. A lot of the things that are used regularly in the game are unheard of in the video game world. Even now, only a fraction of the detail about the game is known, and from what I know, the game is better than any other game out there, as well as many of the games that are Hands down, this will undoubtedly be the best video game, ever! The sheer size and amount of features is staggering. A lot of the things that are used regularly in the game are unheard of in the video game world. Even now, only a fraction of the detail about the game is known, and from what I know, the game is better than any other game out there, as well as many of the games that are yet to come. Rockstar did it again! Expand
  95. ArturoFavela
    Aug 3, 2004
    It kicks ass, the game itself has lots of the things I was looking foward or so I have heared. more over It has an unmached enviroment of the pictures that have been released by rockstar and the diffrent interactive ways that you can use NPC characters. It's quite an amazing game so far, Carl is the new guy and he can swimm yea that is sweet and as far as i know you can pick your lookIt kicks ass, the game itself has lots of the things I was looking foward or so I have heared. more over It has an unmached enviroment of the pictures that have been released by rockstar and the diffrent interactive ways that you can use NPC characters. It's quite an amazing game so far, Carl is the new guy and he can swimm yea that is sweet and as far as i know you can pick your look physical, accesories, and threads. LOL Expand
  96. MichaelD.
    Nov 1, 2005
    Should be better! The AI cars are just shit, the graphics are not great, and once you have it complete, its really boring. I tried completing it the second time , but it was to dull. Lots of glitches too.
  97. NajeebS.
    Jan 10, 2005
    3 Words Best Game Ever.
  98. JohnQ.
    Nov 23, 2005
    Best game i've ever played.
  99. KoriR.
    Jan 13, 2005
    Best game ever.
  100. AndyD.
    Jan 14, 2005
    Without a doubt, one of the greatest games i have ever played on ps2. this game rocks!

#1 Most Discussed PS2 Game of 2004

1. The amount of things to do in the cities of Los Santos, San Fierro, and Las Venturas is absolutely staggering... In my opinion there’s no excuse to not have a “save anywhere” feature included.
    San Andreas's chief advantage over "Vice City" is size. And for many players, that's good enough. But another group of fans will come to quietly understand that, at least for the time being, "Vice City" remains the high point of the GTA series.
    There's so much to do in this game that it's outside of my range of imagination to be able to picture me reaching a 100% complete. Unfathomable.