9.0

1. FredH.
    Oct 30, 2004
    For those of you that are saying this game is not great because it is the same kind of game as it's predecessors, listen up: All sequels are the same kind of game as it's predecessors! What else do you want in it? Pokemon and Aliens?!
  2. RectalR.
    Nov 6, 2004
    Awesome!
  3. Bigmacwithfries
    Nov 7, 2004
    You can go to the gym, watch the phisical appearance of you character improve with exercise, go shopping 4 clothes and gear, have sex, go to get somthing to eat, have a girlfriend, swim, Get tattoed, Absolute freedom in the GTA universe is priceless. You can wander the city for hours without playing a single game mission, and still nave tons of fun finding lots of things 2 do, You can go to the gym, watch the phisical appearance of you character improve with exercise, go shopping 4 clothes and gear, have sex, go to get somthing to eat, have a girlfriend, swim, Get tattoed, Absolute freedom in the GTA universe is priceless. You can wander the city for hours without playing a single game mission, and still nave tons of fun finding lots of things 2 do, gettin' into trouble, shooting gangs, i mean, This game is life itself, Best game ever. Period Expand
  4. MichaelM.
    Nov 24, 2004
    A very interesting game.
  5. ZhazadI.
    Nov 29, 2004
    i lost my wife over this game!
  6. AlexK.
    Nov 28, 2004
    This Game will take you out of your seat and make you stand up. When you play no matter where you are you get an adrenaline rush.
  7. RaviorC.
    Nov 29, 2004
    FINALLY!! A game where you can make all the moves... No more boundries to hold you back... Literally do whatever you want. I didn't expect a game like this to come out for another 20 years!
  8. BrianK.
    Nov 29, 2004
    Unbelieveably awesome, I just love racing on a Sanchez motor bike through Red countys rolling hills and countryside and then finishing in San Fierro between missions jamming to K-dust is a definite high point, super fun missions and loads of things to see and do give this game hours and hours of fast, fun and challenging gameplay, CJ is the most dynamic and coolest game character ever...Unbelieveably awesome, I just love racing on a Sanchez motor bike through Red countys rolling hills and countryside and then finishing in San Fierro between missions jamming to K-dust is a definite high point, super fun missions and loads of things to see and do give this game hours and hours of fast, fun and challenging gameplay, CJ is the most dynamic and coolest game character ever... anyone who knocks this game due to pop-up and collision factors give it a rest, in a game this large you cant have it all... GTASA makes up for graphic faults with mind blowing depth!! Expand
  9. JhonD.
    Nov 29, 2004
    This game is off the chain who ever gives the game a 6 or lower probably hasnt played it.
  10. RobertP.
    Nov 29, 2004
    Great game some things id change is have to feed him. great idea to add but why do u have to eat to survive. not the sims here. i play these games to KILL KILL KILL.
  11. SteveA.
    Nov 5, 2004
    Absolutely fantastic! I would have had no idea that I would be comparing this to Fable, but I am, this is so much better. Vice City looks terrible compared to this. The place is incredibly huge! You could literally take up to two hours going from one point to another, man. The graphics are still very Grand Theft Auto, however. A huge improvement over all of them, but the sheer reason you Absolutely fantastic! I would have had no idea that I would be comparing this to Fable, but I am, this is so much better. Vice City looks terrible compared to this. The place is incredibly huge! You could literally take up to two hours going from one point to another, man. The graphics are still very Grand Theft Auto, however. A huge improvement over all of them, but the sheer reason you should buy it is because of the size. I love this game and if you have about 80 HOURS to kill, this should definitely be at the top of your list. Expand
  12. KennyH.
    Dec 1, 2004
    If you guys give this game below a 9, you are either incapable of registering awesomeness, or you've only rented it and played the first few missions. If you would play it at least until you get to San Fierro, you will completely change your mind, and you won't think that it's "more of the same"
  13. DenR.
    This game is great!
  14. BlueFalcon
    Dec 10, 2004
    There's been a lot of great games to come out lately. But I think this one is the best of them all. No other game can match it's freedom of gameplay.
  15. JasonA.
    Dec 11, 2004
    Wonderful... so interesting my wife watches me play(sometimes)j/j. But really Rockstar and Rockstar North have truly outdone themselves. Elements from all genres of games are included from RPG to street racing w/ nitros to FPS to PIMPING! Well Done.
  16. ChristinaM.
    Dec 14, 2004
    I've been a GTA fan since the very first one. You know, the one with the aerial view and really crappy graphics? I told someone then, "If the graphics were better, this would be the best game on the market!" And OMG!!! It's gotten better and better with each version and San Andreas is just ORGASMIC!!! I LOVE THIS GAME!!! And the video games inside of the video game is just pure I've been a GTA fan since the very first one. You know, the one with the aerial view and really crappy graphics? I told someone then, "If the graphics were better, this would be the best game on the market!" And OMG!!! It's gotten better and better with each version and San Andreas is just ORGASMIC!!! I LOVE THIS GAME!!! And the video games inside of the video game is just pure technological GENIUS! Expand
  17. JasonK.
    Nov 2, 2004
    I would've gave this game a 10, except for one for one reason. WHY IN THE HELL CAN YOU NOT SWITCH THE CONTROLS TO THE DIRECTIONAL PAD?!?!? I absolutely cannot stand driving the cars with the analog stick. Other than that, this game kicks serious monkey ass!
  18. AndrewD.
    Nov 2, 2004
    I am only 3% done the game, and it is already obvious how great it is! I am taking my time too, since just plain cruising around is fun too! And doing side missions too. Not to forget new to GTA:SA, is keeping your character Carl Johnson in shape. Going to the gym to exercise and build muscle, biking and swimming to build stamina as well to avoid getting fat from driving all the time! I am only 3% done the game, and it is already obvious how great it is! I am taking my time too, since just plain cruising around is fun too! And doing side missions too. Not to forget new to GTA:SA, is keeping your character Carl Johnson in shape. Going to the gym to exercise and build muscle, biking and swimming to build stamina as well to avoid getting fat from driving all the time! Americans as a whole should take note! The swimming means driving into water isn't instant death, get out and swim to land, and even swim underwater to find oysters, which I found one. This game has great hills too, unlike Vice City for the most part, and countryside for off road driving! A few side games so far include off track betting, mini arcdade games, a dance dance revolution parody, and a mini basketball game, similar to the mini games from Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 4. Did I mention I am only 3% done, there are still umpteen more missions, 2 parts of the map to unlock, more features, like suping up cars. I for the most part avoided reviews, and information about it to go in fresh, and that way, there is more to look forward to, and be excited about! Expand
  19. RyanS.
    Dec 13, 2004
    This game is the bomb!!!!!!
  20. DaveW.
    Nov 2, 2004
    Best of the series. fresh game.
  21. Rinazzle
    Nov 2, 2004
    Words hardly do justice to just how good this game is. The sheer playability blows the pants over literally any other form of digital entertainment. Period.
  22. KatieN.
    Nov 3, 2004
    Fantastic.
  23. TonyM
    Oct 26, 2004
    Its amazing how annoyed X-Box owners are at the reviews this game gets. I am playing it and i am like WOW. X-Box owners see it and get all defensive and start bagging it just because they are jeleous it isnt on there console. Great game. BUY IT NOW!!!!
  24. RobertD.
    Nov 19, 2004
    I never got into a GTA game before, but this one has me hooked. I cannot stop playing it.
  25. JoshB.
    Oct 27, 2004
    Yeah ok, it's pretty much the same game as the last one, but what makes that a bad thing. If it ain't broke don't fix it. Just add a little more depth for character development and great new voice actors, and you have another blockbuster.
  26. D.R.Grieves
    Oct 27, 2004
    The BEST game ever. END OF DISCUSSION!!
  27. DanS.
    Nov 20, 2004
    This is the most amazing thing i have ever played. gta san andreas has set a standard for all rpgs and any game for that matter. san andreas has changed the whole video game world and lets you interact with almost anything you can think of.
  28. Boob
    Nov 18, 2004
    This ame is the TITEST game out.
  29. Hellboy
    Nov 4, 2004
    This Game Is Freakin Awesome This Is One Of The BEst Games Ever This Is A Must Have Game If U Dont Get This Game U Iz One Cracked Out Matha F***a.
  30. ChrisS.
    Nov 5, 2004
    A brilliant game 10/10, almost completed.
  31. LinoG.
    Nov 5, 2004
    Do not be fooled by imitators, or detered by "authority" figures who want to rid the gaming industry of every single disc, cartridge or otherwise that bares the Grand Theft Auto name. This is, without and doubt, reservation, or hesitation, the greatest game the PS2 has ever seen. Unlimited replay value, countless gameplay types, and custimization galore. If you have a PS2, get this game.
  32. Jack
    Nov 23, 2004
    Dude this game rocks and i think the news is getting annoying about the game beacause of the violence in it. i mean really who cares!!!
  33. RobS.
    Oct 27, 2004
    WOW! THE BEST GAME EVER!! Over-rated my ****! its truly brilliant and a bargain i wudnt sell it for $100
  34. JeffD
    Oct 27, 2004
    Frickin' sweet. It doesn't get much better than this. Outstanding gameplay, so much to do.
  35. G.G.
    Nov 19, 2004
    No, not the best game ever, its rather pathetic actually, but it still outdoes its predecessors.
  36. ThomasM.
    Oct 27, 2004
    Those foul-mouthed ba****ds! There's a lot of f***in cussing, holy s**t! I love it! Brother! Motherf***er! Yeah! GTA:SA deserved a 09 out of 10. WoW.
  37. R.Allen
    Nov 24, 2004
    Great game...love the GTA series. Most aspects of the game, I give a 10. My only drawback was the music and language. Would prefer "radio-edits" of the songs, not the constant barrage of F* bombs. (in the songs and the cut-aways) The music in Vice City was much better! (personal opinion) Still the best game out there. I've logged in 20 hours of game play, still haven't hit 20% Great game...love the GTA series. Most aspects of the game, I give a 10. My only drawback was the music and language. Would prefer "radio-edits" of the songs, not the constant barrage of F* bombs. (in the songs and the cut-aways) The music in Vice City was much better! (personal opinion) Still the best game out there. I've logged in 20 hours of game play, still haven't hit 20% completion. This game should keep you interested for months. Collapse
  38. JoseM.
    Dec 3, 2004
    I think this game truly lives up to its name.
  39. StevenT.
    Dec 3, 2004
    this game is fun fun fun! you can do tonz of stuff! remeber vice city with the semi truck? now you can hook up a trailer to it! you can fly any and all planes you see(after you get a piolot's license) and you can swim! lots to do really fun. another plus is the whole world is not just city. you can go off-roadingf on dirt bikes really cool. buy it or you'll suffer not having this game is fun fun fun! you can do tonz of stuff! remeber vice city with the semi truck? now you can hook up a trailer to it! you can fly any and all planes you see(after you get a piolot's license) and you can swim! lots to do really fun. another plus is the whole world is not just city. you can go off-roadingf on dirt bikes really cool. buy it or you'll suffer not having fun! peace out readers Expand
  40. Monymcclain
    Nov 25, 2004
    I love this game but you should make it so you can go anywhere you can go to be any thing get a caree.
  41. AceH.
    Nov 17, 2004
    A very good game and the best GTA game yet. The amount of freedom is staggering. All the good things from past gtas return, but unfortanetely so do the glitches, holding it back from a 10.
  42. MateusZ.
    Dec 4, 2004
    The excess of orange and the impossibility to disable the effect trails mine the game. But San Andreas is good and impresses for the size of the cities and the details of the agricultural regions.
  43. AVideoGameCritic
    Dec 6, 2004
    A great game....until you reach Las Venturas. The missions there (in general) are tedious, and the plot (at that point) is completely non-existent. So...why continue playing? This is the only GTA game that I have not been compelled to finish. That said, this game has many features, etc. that are improvements, and the 3 cities are each very large and detailed (although Las Venturas is the A great game....until you reach Las Venturas. The missions there (in general) are tedious, and the plot (at that point) is completely non-existent. So...why continue playing? This is the only GTA game that I have not been compelled to finish. That said, this game has many features, etc. that are improvements, and the 3 cities are each very large and detailed (although Las Venturas is the blandest) and, until Las Venturas, the missions in this game are very fun and entertaining. Overall, recommended to GTA fans, I just think it needed a stronger plot. And neither city was as cool as Vice City... I'm also starting to wonder about the quality of this series in general. After extensive play, does anyone else's disc start to get messed up, have slower load times, and does the console start to make weird sounds when playing this game? The same thing happened to me with Vice City, and eventually, it stopped working. Hope this isn't a repeat of that... Expand
  44. Pimp69
    Dec 6, 2004
    GTA san andreas is a loc ass game!!!!F..k all ya who try 2 dis on it!!!
  45. JasonF.
    Nov 26, 2004
    I almost lost my job because of this game. it is the best ps2 game i have ever played.
  46. MikeR
    Nov 17, 2004
    Simply put, the best game ever made.
  47. RailenH.
    Dec 3, 2004
    This game is so hot its even better then the other ones i hope that they come out with more grand theft auto games.
  48. Guardian
    Nov 18, 2004
    This game was a great game. Better then GTA Vice City. But this game was kinda short. But it is still a brilliant game and has awesome graphics. Also it is awesome that you have to work for your stats of strength and Stamina and that other stuff.
  49. RyanH.
    Nov 18, 2004
    This game has pretty much the same missions as vice city.
  50. RyanO.
    Dec 7, 2004
    GTA san andreas is the best game i have ever played so far.There is so much stuff to do.I think rockstar should make another gta game.
  51. Mike
    Nov 12, 2004
    If your mature enough, its a must.
  52. JuanH.
    Dec 17, 2004
    This is the number one game in america it has good graphics and also easy and hard missions than gta vice city.
  53. JussiK.
    Dec 9, 2004
    GTA: San Andreas totally rules!
  54. RyannY.
    Dec 15, 2004
    I played a lot of games, but this one tops them all, it is so mind blowing because theres so much things you can do in it. My favorite, is playing pool for money.
  55. Erwin
    Nov 12, 2004
    I'm not getting enough sleep. This game rocks in almost every single way. The only minor complaints: I really miss an easy way of restarting a mission and an instant replay-cam would be very nice. Other than that.... game of the decade!
  56. fprExPeRt
    Nov 25, 2004
    Same crap. once u played gta3 youved played them all.....YEAH RIGHT!!! first of all gta games never get old. secondly, u can jump off planes with parachutes....HOW SICK IS THAT?!!so awsome. best part about it is to cause mayhem:) CJ is the best character in all the gta series. in my opinion....its better then halo2..well maybe they are both tied. ps2 owners buy this now!! P.S. u can now Same crap. once u played gta3 youved played them all.....YEAH RIGHT!!! first of all gta games never get old. secondly, u can jump off planes with parachutes....HOW SICK IS THAT?!!so awsome. best part about it is to cause mayhem:) CJ is the best character in all the gta series. in my opinion....its better then halo2..well maybe they are both tied. ps2 owners buy this now!! P.S. u can now cause more mayhem with the new co-op mode^_^ Expand
  57. KarolP.
    Dec 19, 2004
    Number 1 game of the year. I had so much fun playin and killin in that game.
  58. MarvinoJ.
    Dec 7, 2004
    I think that this game rocks hard man!!!
  59. JosephW.
    Dec 8, 2004
    I LUV THIS GAME!
  60. VladikB.
    Dec 20, 2004
    It is really fun to play it im on the mission cesar vialpando and life is a beach and i cant finish those two because i cant keep up with the arrows!!!
  61. RichH.
    Dec 21, 2004
    If you don't have this game then let me give you a hint. BUY IT!!! The map is wicked, the missions are awesome and the special effects are sick.
  62. YoFMB
    Nov 7, 2004
    I can't belive there are people that don't like this game! They are probably just geeks that think fun things like this game are immature. Well pluk them, this game is the best friggin game i have ever played! This game has certainly advanced a lot since gta and gta2. I hope they keep making more gta games.
  63. KevinC.
    Dec 23, 2004
    Sweet graphics. love it wen u r haulin ass and it feels like u r actually driving wit da blurred surrounds. kick ass game
  64. ZackJ.
    Dec 28, 2004
    This game was kool but i think the cops are too powerful, and there are sutch little cheat codes to use. I like the new feature that you can swim, but then there is the down side that you lose life when you run out of air. i tihnk is would be better if they had air tanks you could buy.don't dont get me wrong tho th car and how you can now ride bikes and skateboards.
  65. PhilH.
    Dec 1, 2004
    This game is f...ing sick the best one yet.
  66. AndyS.
    Dec 29, 2004
    Actually, about a 9.5. While Remaining to have a greater extent on the number of vehicles as did Vice City to GTA 3, it defenatly lacks the coloring of Vice City. I'm a fan of colored games. The one thing that brings down this game is the lack of color and the lazy artwork on the weapons and crosshairs.
  67. MarkusLewis
    Dec 13, 2004
    This is the hossest game out. I couldn't stop playin it.
  68. MilesN.
    Nov 20, 2004
    What is wrong with you people???? An 8.6 overall??? this is the best consloe game to eer hit store shelves!
  69. FrankJ.
    Dec 8, 2004
    I love it. it gives me great pleasure in blowing off a hookers head, and even recreating the beloved texas chainsaw massacre on cops. meow. 10 out of 10. game over.
  70. SAB13
    Dec 21, 2004
    This game is the best game ever made and i hope gta5 is evan better but if they make a gta5 i hope they make chaenges like u could name your own gang and u could choose your own color for your game and create your player to play in gta and could make the city evan more bigger.
  71. RicardoA.
    Dec 18, 2004
    This game is the best ever!!!
  72. Sonny
    Dec 30, 2004
    1 question? How Could possibly not like this game?
  73. RandyL.
    Dec 30, 2004
    It's pretty obvious by now--the GTA games are redefining gaming as we know it, and San Andreas isn't just another step, it's one giant leap for mankind.
  74. MikeA.
    Dec 31, 2004
    These guy's are crazy because it's the best game in the world.You can almost do anything in the game like go pimping or rob or just start a fight with a rival gang.
  75. BenjaminDanielW.
    Jan 3, 2005
    The game is apsolutly wonderful! I like the compability very much! The graphic is for a pure 10, while the sound is 9. But the gameplay is superb (10), so I gave it 10!
  76. LeeC.
    Jan 6, 2005
    Best GTA ever period.
  77. DustinC.
    Jan 7, 2005
    Awesome game. Huge, huge, huge. Tons of stuff to do - even when you're done the missions there is everything else: photos, tags, jumps, minigames, races, etc. Best gameplay ever. The only reason I gave 9 instead of 10 is that the graphics are not up to the standard of everything else, what is with the blocky hands?
  78. NajeebS.
    Jan 10, 2005
    3 Words Best Game Ever.
  79. Rob-O
    Jan 13, 2005
    Danny D.... a step backwards? How can you say that? As much as I love VC and 3, this is a huge improvement. If anything it's a bit too ambitious for the little ol' ps2.
  80. KoriR.
    Jan 13, 2005
    Best game ever.
  81. AndyD.
    Jan 14, 2005
    Without a doubt, one of the greatest games i have ever played on ps2. this game rocks!
  82. Mosura1
    Jan 15, 2005
    I don't understand those who trash this title and complain about depth and gameplay. GTA:SA is a game that sets the standard, and requires a true gamer to appreciate what standard Rockstar has set over and over. This title will easily consume 200 hours of original gameplay, in an environment more detailed and overwhelming than any other game in history. Leave this game to the adults I don't understand those who trash this title and complain about depth and gameplay. GTA:SA is a game that sets the standard, and requires a true gamer to appreciate what standard Rockstar has set over and over. This title will easily consume 200 hours of original gameplay, in an environment more detailed and overwhelming than any other game in history. Leave this game to the adults to play and appreciate, while the haters can play True Crime because Snoop Dogg makes and appearance. Expand
  83. JasonS.
    Jan 19, 2005
    Very good, improves a lot in some areas from Vice City, nice additions as well. The only problem I see is that the game is now teetering on the edge of becoming another "Sims" type game (with an edge). I'm sorry, but I don't really want a girlfriend or to have to workout regularly in a video game. I guess to fully complete the game you would have to give both things up in your Very good, improves a lot in some areas from Vice City, nice additions as well. The only problem I see is that the game is now teetering on the edge of becoming another "Sims" type game (with an edge). I'm sorry, but I don't really want a girlfriend or to have to workout regularly in a video game. I guess to fully complete the game you would have to give both things up in your real life but still... Despite this, it's still one of the best games available for PS2. Expand
  84. DanD.
    Jan 26, 2005
    I gotta agree with Jason S on this one, it is very near to the sims that would be a bad thing. the game can easily consume 100+ hours of gameplay and the storyline is jus so original its mindblowing. loved 3 and VC but this game has raised the bar for all game developers and nothing (part fom possibly need for speed underground 2) can compare. every detail of the game has been enhancedI gotta agree with Jason S on this one, it is very near to the sims that would be a bad thing. the game can easily consume 100+ hours of gameplay and the storyline is jus so original its mindblowing. loved 3 and VC but this game has raised the bar for all game developers and nothing (part fom possibly need for speed underground 2) can compare. every detail of the game has been enhanced greatly right down to the AI of the pedestrians . BEST game EVER! Expand
  85. LanceJ.
    Jan 26, 2005
    This game was $32.99 on sale at circuit city. Thats like 12 seperate games with the amount of gameplay that is offered for that price. Anyone giving this game a bad score must be an x-box owner and just wants to lower the overall score. This is the greatest ps2 game to date!
  86. JacobB.
    Jan 28, 2005
    It is the best gta yet.
  87. KoriR.
    Jan 30, 2005
    Best game ever.
  88. CodyG.
    Jan 30, 2005
    This game is the BEST game in the whole world!!
  89. MatS.
    Jan 31, 2005
    Nothing can beat this free roaming game. including the plot twists and the visuals this game kicks ass.
  90. MarcusBagdog
    Jan 31, 2005
    Stop dissing the Xbox owners, the majority of us aren't PS2 haters. I love the GTA series (and my PS2, Xbox and GC), and this third installment was amazing. The only downside is that it didn't amaze me the way that GTA3 did, but it was still a terrific game.
  91. RickN.
    Feb 1, 2005
    San Andreas does have its faults - targeting enemies, bland graphics, some rough animation etc. why do I still give it a 10 then? Because the sheer size and things to do in the game outweigh any flaw this game has, its huge, and due to this it is a game you could easily play for days and days on end. Be prepared to book a lot of time off work and say goodbye to your friends for a while.
  92. F.H.
    Feb 1, 2005
    Can this game stopp copying Tony Hawk? its a Good game but they should stop releasing the same game with new little features.
  93. BobB.
    Feb 4, 2005
    One of the best games i have played. I think that it is the best of the grand theft auto series.
  94. AlexS.
    Feb 9, 2005
    Very great game.....it was everything I expected.
  95. Travis
    Feb 15, 2005
    Much Better than Vice City and GTA 3 no compare, but much to easy to beat.
  96. Sam
    Feb 15, 2005
    Labeling this game as racist is a statement that needs analyzing. "a discrimination of black people?" come on. Many African Americans contributed to the making of this game. This game could be called historical fiction, because this kind of gang violence among young black men was rampant in LA in the early 90s. This could be difficult for people who have been directly affected by gang Labeling this game as racist is a statement that needs analyzing. "a discrimination of black people?" come on. Many African Americans contributed to the making of this game. This game could be called historical fiction, because this kind of gang violence among young black men was rampant in LA in the early 90s. This could be difficult for people who have been directly affected by gang violence. Rockstar does take things to an extreme level sometimes, but really we all just have to loosen up. The more we bring up a race issue, the bigger the issue becomes, no matter what side you're on. Oh and the game is absolutely awesome. Expand
  97. PaulS.
    Feb 17, 2005
    Top banana.
  98. DavidC.
    Feb 17, 2005
    The best GTA game to date and along with Pro Evolution Soccer 4 probably the best game....Ever!
  99. CurtisS.
    Feb 19, 2005
    GTA san andreas is the BEST game in tha world. It is so realistic to the real freakin world!!! I rate it 10!
  100. Kei
    Mar 25, 2005
    One word: Perfect.

#1 Most Discussed PS2 Game of 2004
#1 Most Shared PS2 Game of 2004

1. The amount of things to do in the cities of Los Santos, San Fierro, and Las Venturas is absolutely staggering... In my opinion there’s no excuse to not have a “save anywhere” feature included.
    San Andreas's chief advantage over "Vice City" is size. And for many players, that's good enough. But another group of fans will come to quietly understand that, at least for the time being, "Vice City" remains the high point of the GTA series.
    There's so much to do in this game that it's outside of my range of imagination to be able to picture me reaching a 100% complete. Unfathomable.