9.0

1. RileyF.
    Jun 16, 2006
    This is definantly the best Grand Theft Auto title to date. A massive world to explore, hours of side missions, tons of stuff to buy and a plot that outdoes even that of Vice City in it's gritty intensity.
  2. JamieT.
    Aug 14, 2006
    There is no reason to hate this game! It is the greatest game ever made because it makes you want to play it again and again. It's the greatest game along with Resident Evil 4!
  3. PhilipR.
    Aug 19, 2006
    This should be the #1. Fair enough, it lacks a physics engine. But its so fun that all the bad things are out numbered 999999999:1 by the sheer joy. The 2 player sucked though.
  4. AdamWest
    Dec 11, 2007
    I have played this for a couple of months now (replaying) and it gets a bit too repetitive after a while. I haven't played the other games so I don't know about their comparisons. But you should rent this if you haven't played the other games. It does have some ridiculously difficult parts. Sometimes it just plains sucks and on other days (after playing other linear gamesI have played this for a couple of months now (replaying) and it gets a bit too repetitive after a while. I haven't played the other games so I don't know about their comparisons. But you should rent this if you haven't played the other games. It does have some ridiculously difficult parts. Sometimes it just plains sucks and on other days (after playing other linear games for a while) the freedom feels great. Expand
  5. RichK.
    Dec 26, 2007
    Pretty cool in my vote. I like that cars can actually fly rather then glide. I found a way to make quick money the fun way. Activate car of death cheat and flying cars cheat. it helps if u have a car with nitro but u don't need it. First go really fast on a long strait road. 1ce u start flying keep going up past a layer of clouds. then keep going up until u see some big puffy ones. Pretty cool in my vote. I like that cars can actually fly rather then glide. I found a way to make quick money the fun way. Activate car of death cheat and flying cars cheat. it helps if u have a car with nitro but u don't need it. First go really fast on a long strait road. 1ce u start flying keep going up past a layer of clouds. then keep going up until u see some big puffy ones. then dive bomb strait down. if u do it correctly u can get any were from 1000-7000. it only takes like 30 sec if u go fast enough and u land in a empty area like the red country. Enjoy ! Expand
  6. alexxmarsh
    May 26, 2007
    To all the old fart who complain about the violence, the language, or the sexual content, why dont you morons go jump off a bridge and stfu. This game is a masterpiece of epic propotions to deny it that is to prove your own ignorance. You know what i want when i buy a gta game? Violence, blood, foul language, inconciquencial murder, thats the name of the game if u cant deal with that goTo all the old fart who complain about the violence, the language, or the sexual content, why dont you morons go jump off a bridge and stfu. This game is a masterpiece of epic propotions to deny it that is to prove your own ignorance. You know what i want when i buy a gta game? Violence, blood, foul language, inconciquencial murder, thats the name of the game if u cant deal with that go play a sissy ass mario game or something. If u dont like sa your either an old withered stuck up fart close to death anyhow or a an ignorant hillbilly with a crow bar in your bum. GTA: SA best game of all time period if you dont agree buy your self a 9mm and point it at ur own head, you ignorant hick. If anything i think there isnt enough gore in this game i wanna see more blood like in vice from the chain saw etc. Oh and to the guy who said he cant play this around his child. Your kid is two years old too young and stupid to be impressionable yet. And what kind of a father are your to be playing video games when your child is at a stage in life when he needs human contact and interaction, obviously a very shitty parent, your kid obviously will turn out a pansy little ass because of you.

good day
  7. SamJ.
    Jul 16, 2007
    I think this game is great its fun and has preaty good graphics but way.... too much swearing in it.
  8. MatthewC
    Nov 9, 2009
    the game features everything you would want in a GTA game more meyhem,more weapons,and more vehicles.
  9. AnonymousMC
    Aug 17, 2009
    simply the best itiration of anything inter-non interactive in history 18 MILLION sold on the ps2 alone is nuff said. the total gross for the game would be est. at over 1.1 billion which would place it at #3 best selling movie of all time, maybe 2nd. this is truly a benchmark in gaming history. if the re released this game 4 years from now(from august 17th, 2009 spruced up the graphics tosimply the best itiration of anything inter-non interactive in history 18 MILLION sold on the ps2 alone is nuff said. the total gross for the game would be est. at over 1.1 billion which would place it at #3 best selling movie of all time, maybe 2nd. this is truly a benchmark in gaming history. if the re released this game 4 years from now(from august 17th, 2009 spruced up the graphics to a crysis crushing standard, kept all the original gameplay formula in tact, slightly reduced the cursing, (even though i liked it as is), reworked the audio, added more cars planes, doubled the map size, optimised it for ps4 which will probably feature 100gb bluray capacity and pc with ultimate graphics. then reworked the lighting, textures, flames, made realistic ai, increased the travel options to include trips to small maps of cartels in asia to shop for dope etc. allowed you to recruit gang members, reasign lead member positions, assign members to houses around the city, increase the weapon count, weapon damage, sounds, enviro effects etc. paint cars a wide variety of colors, add aftermarket wheel options, engines, exhaust etc. add competitive kayaking and white water to the ravines, grand canyon, include revised multiplayer, local online co-op, jails, nitrous, add 20+ hrs of main story line, the MY list goes on. i hope and believe that my revised version would come near, match or surpass the original in sales and would be happy to buy the ip if available. your input to new editions to the original is welcome. i also forgot to mention calling up gang members to help you in a fight. Expand
  10. StevenV.
    Nov 11, 2004
    The best video game ever made since vice city.
  11. AdamH.
    Nov 13, 2004
    People who give this game any rating lower than a nine is out of thier mind. Just because you are whining about not having a ps2 to play it on doesnt mean you have to diss the game u you xbox loving halo 2 f***ers.(Lets go blast aliens whith my laser gun)
  12. RaheelG.
    Nov 13, 2004
    No doubt rockstar does it again with another smash hit. If this game was a women i would have married it already.
  13. BloodEmperor
    Nov 13, 2004
    Fantastic addition to the GTA series, absolutley huge with LOADS to do! Lots of new additions to the gameplay, and the handling of the game Sometimes the frame rate can jump slightly and thats the only reason for my 9.. other than that.. AMAZING!
  14. HugoFusion
    Nov 14, 2004
    K two words this game rocks. man u can get hair cuts. and i think u can grow a beard well yeah umm yes umm well yeah of course it gets a ten it is the biggest and best game that was ever introduced to the world.
  15. JoeG.
    Nov 15, 2004
    I have never seen a video game better than this. This game beats Halo 2 by an inch. I thought Driver 3 was good, driver 3 is Pong compared to this.
  16. BryanV.
    Nov 16, 2004
    The whole story line is way better than previous GTA's. More options. Great game.
  17. JohnnyW.
    Nov 16, 2004
    The best (and when i say best, i mean only decent) game on the PS2. Nothing the PS2 has even comes close to this. PS2 sucks, but I gotta give props to it for this. Finally a reason to play the damn thing.
  18. P.G.
    Nov 16, 2004
    It is fantastic i loved it rockstar havemade another masterpiece my favorite thing about the game is the amount of freedom and real life things you have to do like eat and work out so i rate this game 10 (higher if it was possoble).
  19. AceH.
    Nov 17, 2004
    A very good game and the best GTA game yet. The amount of freedom is staggering. All the good things from past gtas return, but unfortanetely so do the glitches, holding it back from a 10.
  20. MikeR
    Nov 17, 2004
    Simply put, the best game ever made.
  21. RobertD.
    Nov 19, 2004
    I never got into a GTA game before, but this one has me hooked. I cannot stop playing it.
  22. JOSETRUJANO
    Nov 19, 2004
    GTA SAN ANDREAS IS THE BEST GAME OUT THERE 4 THE FACT THAT IT IS MORE REALISTIC MAKES IT BETER NOW U COULD SWIM,WORK-OUT,RIDE BIKES MOD U'R CARS CANGE U'R LOOKS GET TAT'S HAIR CUTS JUMP FENCES DO 4 PERSON DRIVE-BYS MAN THIS IS TRULY THE BEST GAME EVER WELL BYE I GOT 2 GO PLAY
  23. KeithM.
    Nov 21, 2004
    The best game i have ever played, a few graphical errors, and glitches but that doesn't stop the fun, never gets old!
  24. MichaelM.
    Nov 24, 2004
    A very interesting game.
  25. R.Allen
    Nov 24, 2004
    Great game...love the GTA series. Most aspects of the game, I give a 10. My only drawback was the music and language. Would prefer "radio-edits" of the songs, not the constant barrage of F* bombs. (in the songs and the cut-aways) The music in Vice City was much better! (personal opinion) Still the best game out there. I've logged in 20 hours of game play, still haven't hit 20% Great game...love the GTA series. Most aspects of the game, I give a 10. My only drawback was the music and language. Would prefer "radio-edits" of the songs, not the constant barrage of F* bombs. (in the songs and the cut-aways) The music in Vice City was much better! (personal opinion) Still the best game out there. I've logged in 20 hours of game play, still haven't hit 20% completion. This game should keep you interested for months. Expand
  26. fprExPeRt
    Nov 25, 2004
    Same crap. once u played gta3 youved played them all.....YEAH RIGHT!!! first of all gta games never get old. secondly, u can jump off planes with parachutes....HOW SICK IS THAT?!!so awsome. best part about it is to cause mayhem:) CJ is the best character in all the gta series. in my opinion....its better then halo2..well maybe they are both tied. ps2 owners buy this now!! P.S. u can now Same crap. once u played gta3 youved played them all.....YEAH RIGHT!!! first of all gta games never get old. secondly, u can jump off planes with parachutes....HOW SICK IS THAT?!!so awsome. best part about it is to cause mayhem:) CJ is the best character in all the gta series. in my opinion....its better then halo2..well maybe they are both tied. ps2 owners buy this now!! P.S. u can now cause more mayhem with the new co-op mode^_^ Expand
  27. AlexK.
    Nov 28, 2004
    This Game will take you out of your seat and make you stand up. When you play no matter where you are you get an adrenaline rush.
  28. RaviorC.
    Nov 29, 2004
    FINALLY!! A game where you can make all the moves... No more boundries to hold you back... Literally do whatever you want. I didn't expect a game like this to come out for another 20 years!
  29. JhonD.
    Nov 29, 2004
    This game is off the chain who ever gives the game a 6 or lower probably hasnt played it.
  30. JasonA.
    Dec 11, 2004
    Wonderful... so interesting my wife watches me play(sometimes)j/j. But really Rockstar and Rockstar North have truly outdone themselves. Elements from all genres of games are included from RPG to street racing w/ nitros to FPS to PIMPING! Well Done.
  31. ChristinaM.
    Dec 14, 2004
    I've been a GTA fan since the very first one. You know, the one with the aerial view and really crappy graphics? I told someone then, "If the graphics were better, this would be the best game on the market!" And OMG!!! It's gotten better and better with each version and San Andreas is just ORGASMIC!!! I LOVE THIS GAME!!! And the video games inside of the video game is just pure I've been a GTA fan since the very first one. You know, the one with the aerial view and really crappy graphics? I told someone then, "If the graphics were better, this would be the best game on the market!" And OMG!!! It's gotten better and better with each version and San Andreas is just ORGASMIC!!! I LOVE THIS GAME!!! And the video games inside of the video game is just pure technological GENIUS! Expand
  32. RyannY.
    Dec 15, 2004
    I played a lot of games, but this one tops them all, it is so mind blowing because theres so much things you can do in it. My favorite, is playing pool for money.
  33. SAB13
    Dec 21, 2004
    This game is the best game ever made and i hope gta5 is evan better but if they make a gta5 i hope they make chaenges like u could name your own gang and u could choose your own color for your game and create your player to play in gta and could make the city evan more bigger.
  34. AnonymousMC
    Dec 23, 2004
    A very good game but I still enjoyed vice city more for a couple reasons. Tommy from VC was a great character because he was a total wise guy, while CJ is just a sterotypical gangsta. Also san andreas lost some of the humor that pushed the last 2 GTA games though the roof.
  35. JasonB.
    Nov 16, 2005
    San Andreas is the best of the GTA 3 series of games for the PS2. The gameplay and minigames are leaps and bounds ahead of the others. The graphics have gradually improved with each game, though they are still nothing extremely special. The setting is great, Vice City put you there, but you really truly get immersed in San Andreas.
  36. TomiB.
    Dec 31, 2006
    It's the TOP of all Grand Theft Autos, why? 'cos it like 3 cites in 1, ya can gamble, play more odd games, (* pool, dancing, eating/drinking, dating, change clothes, hairstyles, even a tattoo if ya like etc...) also your character now swims, parachutes & flys all different types of aircraft...(Vice City afew, GTA3 none if hardly any, plus ya DROWN/die when ya in the water!) It's the TOP of all Grand Theft Autos, why? 'cos it like 3 cites in 1, ya can gamble, play more odd games, (* pool, dancing, eating/drinking, dating, change clothes, hairstyles, even a tattoo if ya like etc...) also your character now swims, parachutes & flys all different types of aircraft...(Vice City afew, GTA3 none if hardly any, plus ya DROWN/die when ya in the water!) Music mostly in the 90's plus more variety like country! Use of more cheats, ya can recruit ANYBODY for your gang member(s), ether with a 9mm or rocket launcher... More FUN! Expand
  37. RyanMcKenzie
    Dec 22, 2008
    The graphics are terrible and two player is not fun, but it is a pretty good game overall. There is a lot of cursing in the game and some reviewers didn't like it but it doesn;t bother me. It wouldn't bother them either if they didn't depend on a Playstation to watch their kids.
  38. Sep 12, 2016
    Um dos melhores jogos do ps2, unico defeito é o enredo meio confuso, a historia do game, porem a jogabilidade e a trilha sonora sao otimas, um jogo onde vc escolhe ate estações de radio pra ouvir e muito bom mesmo.
  39. Feb 14, 2016
    An all around bloodbath of carnage, dirty deeds, and heinous acts, and an absolute masterpiece all at the same time. Goes down in my books as one of my top 10 games of all-time.
  40. Jul 22, 2016
    This is one of my favourite GTA game in the series beside GTA 5. The graphics on my iPad are great for a game from 2004. I'm a huge fan of the GTA series owning GTA LCS, GTA SA, GTA 4 and GTA 5.
  41. Aug 10, 2016
    Understandable , entertaining and epic , the playability of the game is very good , history, game modes , characters, I especially like "Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas " and everyone has enjoyed , and surely you you will love.
  42. Oct 3, 2015
    Este juego nunca pasara al olvido, es algo fascinante, la historia es demasiado increíble ademas de muy larga y fascinante, se ven pocos juegos como este porque es demasiado completo. Es demasiado realista en cuanto a jugabilidad, los gráficos eran buenos para la época (2004) el sonido excelente y muy innovador.
  43. Mar 10, 2016
    Este jogo é incrível! Eu recebi e ainda não posso parar de jogar. Os gráficos são tão detalhadas para um game e é desafiador, mas divertido e terá que jogar por horas! A história é complexa e profundamente pensado. O melhor jogo que eu já joguei de forma
  44. May 21, 2016
    This is best Game on GTA Series and best PS2 Game . On Android and Ios this game deserves 9/10 , but on PS2 and PC this game deserves 10/10 . This game was born in 2005 and this game is very amazing game for 2005 . This game has got normal graphics for 2005 and amazing storyline . This game even better than Grand Theft Auto 5 and in this game city as in GTA 5 . Very good game . 10/10 .
  45. May 22, 2016
    One my favourite ps2 games. Story, missions, cities, cars, weapons, cheats... everything is perfect The only bad is graphics, pc version has better graphics.
  46. Jun 19, 2016
    Ninguém nunca vai encontrar outro jogo de PS2 tão grande, envolvente e divertido. Isso, senhoras e senhores, é o significado de estar a frente de sua geração.
    Esse jogo ganha com facilidade a posição de melhor jogo da 6 geração.
  47. Jul 22, 2016
    awesome masterpeice i think it is the best game of all time in the best video gaming franchise it is on a lot of systems best gaming story awesome missons nice open world citites i hope they make a sequal and countine the story and a prequel
  48. Jul 29, 2016
    gran juego uno de mi infancia vale la pena enserio jugabilidad grande lo malo los mapas de la venturas los santos y san fierro son muy pequeños la historia muy grande
  49. Dec 1, 2016
    my all time favorite gta game on ps2 great story a lot of challaging missions music is fantastic. this game deserves its review no wonder this is the best selling game on ps2
  50. Jan 3, 2017
    Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas ou apenas GTA San Andreas, é sem duvidas um dos jogos mais emblematico do playstation 2, sem falar que é um dos jogos mais importantes da historia, influenciou muitos games, tem um boa historia, tem um bom personagem que é o CJ, que para muito é o melhor da franquia (eu particulamente prefiro o Trevor), tem um excelente trilha sonora, um mapa gigantesco,Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas ou apenas GTA San Andreas, é sem duvidas um dos jogos mais emblematico do playstation 2, sem falar que é um dos jogos mais importantes da historia, influenciou muitos games, tem um boa historia, tem um bom personagem que é o CJ, que para muito é o melhor da franquia (eu particulamente prefiro o Trevor), tem um excelente trilha sonora, um mapa gigantesco, grafico bons para a época, muitas coisas para fazer, dava para jogar de 2 offline, fazer muito zueira no game, muitos carros para usar, motos e etc, missoes memoraveis, é um jogo inesquecivel, mesmo com alguns problemas, eu ainda acho 3 terceiro melhor da franquia GTA ( eu acho GTA 2 e GTA 5 os melhores). Nota 9.5 Expand
  51. Oct 25, 2016
    Best Grand Theft Auto and best game ever made in my small humble opinion, its that bloody good ! Best missions and most memorable characters. Theres just so many things right about this game. R*'s 1 and only true masterpiece. Grove St 4 LIFE !
  52. Jan 4, 2017
    ohhhhhhh my god this game has aged well wow im playing it on the ps4 and ohhhh my everything is great except when you fail a mission you stay where u failed it i don't mind if i have to restart the mission but failing it from the other side of the map and having to go ALL THE WAY BACK!!!! but when i failed it i just explored around where i failed so yeah old game great game even if youohhhhhhh my god this game has aged well wow im playing it on the ps4 and ohhhh my everything is great except when you fail a mission you stay where u failed it i don't mind if i have to restart the mission but failing it from the other side of the map and having to go ALL THE WAY BACK!!!! but when i failed it i just explored around where i failed so yeah old game great game even if you don't play story cheats are so funnnnnn Expand
  53. Jan 13, 2017
    One of the best videogames in history. Even today it is still playable and aged amazingly well. This game was such a mindblowing experience backthen which offered so much fun and the replayability is endless.

#1 Most Discussed PS2 Game of 2004
#1 Most Shared PS2 Game of 2004

1. The amount of things to do in the cities of Los Santos, San Fierro, and Las Venturas is absolutely staggering... In my opinion there’s no excuse to not have a “save anywhere” feature included.
    San Andreas's chief advantage over "Vice City" is size. And for many players, that's good enough. But another group of fans will come to quietly understand that, at least for the time being, "Vice City" remains the high point of the GTA series.
    There's so much to do in this game that it's outside of my range of imagination to be able to picture me reaching a 100% complete. Unfathomable.