8.9

1. May 11, 2015
  2. Apr 29, 2015
    There is no game that can represent today's social reality of Western civilization, as GTA San Andreas has been able to do. I remember very well when this game came out: everyone talked about it, everyone praised it, everyone wanted it, and everyone had it. Many players had appreciated San Andreas because you could do what you wanted and because it was full of cheats. I agree about theThere is no game that can represent today's social reality of Western civilization, as GTA San Andreas has been able to do. I remember very well when this game came out: everyone talked about it, everyone praised it, everyone wanted it, and everyone had it. Many players had appreciated San Andreas because you could do what you wanted and because it was full of cheats. I agree about the freedom the game give you, and yes, cheats were really beautiful and fun.

But what lies beneath San Andreas is something much deeper and bigger. The setting was magnificent, set in the fictional state of San Andreas. Not to mention the historical context of the early 90s (it was set in 1992), with a fantastic background of uses and costumes, such as music, vehicles, weapons and clothes of that time. The plot was magnificent, rich in actuality as gang warfare, drugs, corruption, shootouts, bank robberies and even more that slowly drag the player down to the slums of the 90s. Among other things, the plot was rooted upon real events as the "East Coast-West Coast hip hop rivalry" and the "Rampart scandal". Things that still today have their weight on culture and on contemporary history.

The gameplay of San Andreas was great: you could do whatever you wanted, right from the start. You could go where you wanted, and turn around the entire map, which was also quite large. You had to eat and drink, or you could go to the gym, or you could gamble, or you could have a girlfriend, or you could kill anyone you wanted also. You could change your clothes and also (and this is not possible in other GTA games) change your appearance, become leaner, more fat, more muscular. You could develop your skills with weapons or driving vehicles. Indeed, from a point of view of gameplay, San Andreas is the deeper and complete chapter of the entire serie, and it felt just like a real rpg-game.

The graphics of San Andreas was not as beautiful as God of War and Metal Gear Solid, however, was more than acceptable and some views as the one of Vinewood were really fascinating.

What else to say? Nothing, except that I recommend this game to anyone, and I consider him a true timeless masterpiece and an important legacy of the early 2000s. Many say that Grand Theft Auto is too violent or that it ruins young minds. I simply say that they should not criticize what they can not understand.
  3. Apr 20, 2015
    One of the best Grand Theft Auto games, also one of the Best Play Station 2 games.... This game was our childhood for most of us... Great game, awesome game...
  4. Apr 16, 2015
    Also just cuzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz i can
  5. Apr 8, 2015
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas is the best of the series 4 me with awesome story line great game play and RPG elements mixing it up, Jet packs and bicycles, horse racing and girlfriends, **** and Drugs, strippers and Gambling Yep this games a must. Love gangster territory take overs and the Leveling up system for weapons and your guy.

Great Game play,
    Awesome RPG elements ,
    Hilarious story line ,
    Beautiful Open world.
  6. Jan 5, 2015
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The best GTA game I`ve experienced after GTA 5. What sets it apart from other GTA games for me is the gang wars where you take over territories which provide a lot of entertainment outside of missions and the ability to customise vehicles and your character Expand
  7. Jan 1, 2015
    This is the best GTA out of all of them, great story, great gameplay and still enjoyable 10 years later. A must have if you can get your hands on it.You play as CJ a small time gangster in a small time gang called grove street families. You have to play this a least once before you die it's a classic.
  8. Dec 11, 2014
    Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas is an open world action-adventure video game developed by Rockstar North and published by Rockstar Games. It was released on 26 October 2004 for the PlayStation 2 console, and on 7 June 2005 for Microsoft Windows and Xbox. It is the seventh title in the Grand Theft Auto series, and the first main entry since 2002's Grand Theft Auto: Vice City. It was releasedGrand Theft Auto: San Andreas is an open world action-adventure video game developed by Rockstar North and published by Rockstar Games. It was released on 26 October 2004 for the PlayStation 2 console, and on 7 June 2005 for Microsoft Windows and Xbox. It is the seventh title in the Grand Theft Auto series, and the first main entry since 2002's Grand Theft Auto: Vice City. It was released on the same day as the handheld game Grand Theft Auto Advance. Expand
  9. Dec 2, 2014
    Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas is everything you want in a GTA game. Easily one of the best games of it's generation, and maybe even the generations to follow.
  10. Nov 22, 2014
    okay... this game is so good!!! this was the first GTA Game i ever played. I never stopped loving this game i STILL love it!!! well... i can't really say anything else!!! i mean... we all know why this game is god-like and there's no point in me accentuate it any longer!!!
  11. Nov 3, 2014
    This game gets a lot of praise from people purely because of its open world. Its open world is why people like it. And now the point is...Grand Theft Auto San Andreas is a bad game. It can be fun sure, but the game is designed very badly. This game is unfocused, which is a very bad thing.
    Gta has a very large story, missions built around these stories that you must do to unlock more of the open world...thats the game. Running around, jacking cars and shooting hookers is not the game. Sure you can do it but thats because the game is designed poorly. If this game was just story and nothing else this game would not have gotten a 95, maybe a 70 at best. If you like this game you like the open world and breaking the game with cheats. Thats another thing, if a developer puts cheats in their game pretty much confirms that they know themselves that the game isnt satisfying enough and need to add more stuff to keep you interested.
    San Andreas is very much like Gta 5 and suffers from the same problem. The story is not its strong point, its the open world and they dont work together unfortunately because the world is so unfocused and far from the missions that players just dont care for the story and end up cheating, resulting in a rebellious mood towards the game which is one of the worst things to have.
    Just Cause 2 is the perfect example of how to make Story, missions, open world and fun all work together. Gta does not do that well and the results are a messy, unfocused game with a huge open world that tricks you into thinking its a good game.
    Overall? Vice City is the best Gta to date, focused, simple and can still be fun. San Andreas and gta 5 are same. They can be fun sure but its not a good game.
  12. Oct 19, 2014
    Five years ago Carl Johnson escaped from the pressures of life in Los Santos, San Andreas... a city tearing itself apart with gang trouble, drugs and corruption. Where filmstars and millionaires do their best to avoid the dealers and gangbangers. Now, it's the early 90s. Carl's got to go home. His mother has been murdered, his family has fallen apart and his childhood friends are allFive years ago Carl Johnson escaped from the pressures of life in Los Santos, San Andreas... a city tearing itself apart with gang trouble, drugs and corruption. Where filmstars and millionaires do their best to avoid the dealers and gangbangers. Now, it's the early 90s. Carl's got to go home. His mother has been murdered, his family has fallen apart and his childhood friends are all heading towards disaster. On his return to the neighborhood, a couple of corrupt cops frame him for homicide. CJ is forced on a journey that takes him across the entire state of San Andreas, to save his family and to take control of the streets. Expand
  13. Oct 5, 2014
    He to me is one of the best games ever made! is perfect! a huge map to explore! a great story! rather that it is a game Sensational! A large amount of weapons! * - *, Good game? no, no, no, the game is not good, it is an AMAZING game!
  14. Sep 25, 2014
    San Andreas is Grand Theft Auto at its best, the perfect combination of freedom in a huge open-world game, a story full of surprises and own characteristics, making it unique, a map perfectly portrayed and a fluid and frantic gameplay makes Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas a masterpice in the open-world genre and in between all genres, 10/10 isn't to much? Well, just analyse how San AndreasSan Andreas is Grand Theft Auto at its best, the perfect combination of freedom in a huge open-world game, a story full of surprises and own characteristics, making it unique, a map perfectly portrayed and a fluid and frantic gameplay makes Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas a masterpice in the open-world genre and in between all genres, 10/10 isn't to much? Well, just analyse how San Andreas is important for the gaming industry and then tell me, is 10/10 worth? I guess the answer is yes. Expand
  15. Sep 12, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I don't really hand out 10s, but this game deserves it.
    3 cities, (Los Santos, San Ferrio, and Las Vanterusas) really they really captured the state of California. And Rockstar Games did it in 13.9 square miles. That's small, however the destiny makes it feel massive. The drawn distance did really ruin the experience though. The gang mechanics were sort of spot on (Had it's flaws) but it's a game from 2004, so I'm not complaining. The customization was taken to the next level. No GTA so far has been able to match the customization of San Andreas. From weight lifting, to abilties, to gaining weight losing weight, to learning new fighting styles, to customizing your car, different types of clothing, etc. I would say the customization was the best part of the gang. It sets in 1992 Carl Johnson coming home from Liberty City, to bury his mother and no one really wanted him to be there really captured the moment. When his brother Sweet went to jail, and he was ran out of LOs Santos he went all over the state to get him out and kill Officer 10 penny, and his friends that betrayed him. It has it's cons, but that doesn't matter the games great.
  16. Sep 12, 2014
    Easily one of the best Grand Theft Auto games ever made, there are lots of fun things to do IN THE HOLE San Andreas area and who doesn't love the main character CJ, he is a gangster. But more of a down to earth gangster, and who doesn't like flying around in a Jet pack.
  17. Jul 24, 2014
    The best game on the Playstation 2 for me, a all time classic and a very special memory of my childhood, sure the graphics look dated now and there are probably some flaws in game but at the time it was special, it was brilliant and it made the way for all the great games to follow, and one thing is for sure, the grand theft auto series wouldnt be as good as it is now without San andreas.
  18. Jul 17, 2014
    Wow just wow....this game was probably the most legendary game of all time and the cheats were insanely fun I was STILL playing gta :San Andreas when GTA IV came out you can't say you've lived until you've played this game
  19. Jul 2, 2014
    GTA: San Andreas - Well, it is a long I played this game for the first time, yea, it's already 10 years. I completed this game 3 times(that's not much, but it's enough), I play this game even now sometimes, mostly multiplayer, so you probably already guess it's not a common game for me.
    It's the best game I have ever played.
    The story, the gameplay, the graphics, well I shouldn't talk
    It's the best game I have ever played.

The story, the gameplay, the graphics, well I shouldn't talk about the graphics since it's 10 years old game, but they are definitely not boring, everything's so clear and nice. Since it's an open-world game you may travel through cities, farms, forests, deserts, and you enjoy it again and again.

You are a bad gangster and you kill another bad gangsters, just what's the whole GTA series about. You will definitely enjoy the game even now.

10/10 Best Game EVER
  20. Jun 14, 2014
    Graphics aren't the best, but SA has features that othe r GTA:s don't have, like gang territory and gang wars. But it renders graphics really slow, like when you drive very fast and when you stop, or hit something. 9/10
  21. Jun 1, 2014
    I´ve been playing this game since it came out (and this is 2014), and guess what? Still playing it. The game is a legend. Even some books (all kind of) refers to them. This game is a game, that probably started the (WHOLE) thing with being interested in making RPG Games like this. Everytime im playing this, im always think "Sigh.. Where are all the good GTA Games like this anymore?" AndI´ve been playing this game since it came out (and this is 2014), and guess what? Still playing it. The game is a legend. Even some books (all kind of) refers to them. This game is a game, that probably started the (WHOLE) thing with being interested in making RPG Games like this. Everytime im playing this, im always think "Sigh.. Where are all the good GTA Games like this anymore?" And this game, even if it´s 10 years old, it still beats GTA V. Expand
  22. May 20, 2014
    The game's content defined glory to it's name; about a 100 mission's to beat with free roaming in a huge map with few loadings plus like 10 more mini games including a multi-player for the first time in the franchise. But the bad thing about the missions is that some of them are not memorable enough to play it again which is a downside from the negative reviews i see from the users. TheThe game's content defined glory to it's name; about a 100 mission's to beat with free roaming in a huge map with few loadings plus like 10 more mini games including a multi-player for the first time in the franchise. But the bad thing about the missions is that some of them are not memorable enough to play it again which is a downside from the negative reviews i see from the users. The coolest thing about the game it's controlling your gangs territory from other gangs until you wipe them all out I wish this was more implemented for the missions but it didn't. The graphics was close to perfect except the hand and mouth animation and the missing climbing animation but everything else is better than vice city except comedy. So I gave it a 8.8 out of 10. Expand
  23. May 16, 2014
    Didn't age well, and frankly always was overrated. Yes, it had a massive map, it was important that one could do so many things, all of this is true, but the story of grown men doing graffiti, riding bicycles (when you are told to), getting haircuts (when you are told to), the rough graphics and the pop up, the lame story (unless you're really into 90s rap culture, I guess)...I never couldDidn't age well, and frankly always was overrated. Yes, it had a massive map, it was important that one could do so many things, all of this is true, but the story of grown men doing graffiti, riding bicycles (when you are told to), getting haircuts (when you are told to), the rough graphics and the pop up, the lame story (unless you're really into 90s rap culture, I guess)...I never could get into it.
    It's a shame the story ruined what could have been a great game.
  24. May 10, 2014
    I am a huge fan of this franchise, the previous games were excellent, when some friends told me to play this game I was like like OK, I purchased it and the game started, the first mission was ironicaly great, the first missions are excellent, but suddenly and surprisingly, my expectations went from really high to down, the next missions are long, stressing and they have no sense, theI am a huge fan of this franchise, the previous games were excellent, when some friends told me to play this game I was like like OK, I purchased it and the game started, the first mission was ironicaly great, the first missions are excellent, but suddenly and surprisingly, my expectations went from really high to down, the next missions are long, stressing and they have no sense, the cameos of the characters from the other games are dissapointing, indeed the whole game is a dissapointment, the only good thing that has the game are the gang wars, but repetitive, this is the worst game of the franchise, this game makes Chinatown Wars as a materpiece. Expand
  25. Mar 24, 2014
    GTA:SA Is massive, there's so much content. The PS2 shouldn't have been able to run this game, Rockstar Games are wizards. The XBOX/PC version is probably better, but the PS2 being able to play this beast is more impressive.
  26. Feb 4, 2014
    Mas de 100 niveles, por lo menos unas 60 horas, una ciudad fantastica, una historia que a pesar de no ser tan grandiosa como el Vice City, se recompensa con sus personajes, la gran variedad de opciones que te da el juego, es sin duda el GTA que marco un antes y un despues.
  27. Jan 1, 2014
    To this day GTA San Andreas is one of the best videogames ever made. It's extremely memorable, endlessly enjoyable and has the best radio in GTA ever!. You definitely have to play this before you die.
  28. Dec 26, 2013
    Another fun game from Rockstar. Unlike its predecessors, GTA: SA has new features and a larger map. You can exercise and date girls. This game includes 3 different cities with different things. This game is worth buying, and it is one of the greatest games of all time.
  29. Dec 13, 2013
    Well,what can i say about this game
    ITS F***ing Amazing!!
    the plot is awesome,the gameplay is ok
    the graphics are...meh,they could be better
    but the world of san andreas was impressive in his moment
    San Andreas Rules!!
  30. Nov 10, 2013
    There may are many things to do but nothing thinks to be finished trough. Many of the minigames are boring or/and annoying, the missions get boring and repetitive troughout the game and the story just unfolds one twist at the end. Still it is not a bad game, world is huge and the radio stations are awesome.
  31. Sep 5, 2012
    All around a sick game I just would rather play it on the PC. I did own San Andreas for PS2 as it was my only option, and I'd say the big downfall besides graphics is load time. This game is massive though, and so large that it is one of the few games I've owned and not completed. At release this was the best GTA available, the graphics and gameplay were improved over Vice City. I doAll around a sick game I just would rather play it on the PC. I did own San Andreas for PS2 as it was my only option, and I'd say the big downfall besides graphics is load time. This game is massive though, and so large that it is one of the few games I've owned and not completed. At release this was the best GTA available, the graphics and gameplay were improved over Vice City. I do recommend though that you experience the Grand Theft Auto series on your PC if possible, but you do need a kick ass machine. I currently use a GeForce 670 SLI and no joke I still get minor frame rate issues with GTA 4. Collapse

1. The amount of things to do in the cities of Los Santos, San Fierro, and Las Venturas is absolutely staggering... In my opinion there’s no excuse to not have a “save anywhere” feature included.
    San Andreas's chief advantage over "Vice City" is size. And for many players, that's good enough. But another group of fans will come to quietly understand that, at least for the time being, "Vice City" remains the high point of the GTA series.
    There's so much to do in this game that it's outside of my range of imagination to be able to picture me reaching a 100% complete. Unfathomable.