9.0

1. BuddyLee
    Feb 14, 2005
    I cant play this around my kid, he's two and i dont want him to hear this crap. [Ed: Yet you want us to hear it?] At first the language did not bother me, but the more i played it, the more it bothers me. I have traded it in so i can buy something (ANYTHING) else. other than the language, this game is better than GTA3, but not up there with Vice City.
  2. AlexS.
    Feb 9, 2005
    Very great game.....it was everything I expected.
  3. JamesN.
    Feb 7, 2005
    This game is a great game for children over the age of 18 it should not be given to children under age. this game is also a discrimantion of black people and the thats the reason for my low rating.
  4. TaylorC.
    Feb 6, 2005
    Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas is by far the greatest game ever made. If you don't have a copy, I ORDER you to get one. Now!
  5. PaulC.
    Feb 6, 2005
    WOW!
  6. BobB.
    Feb 4, 2005
    One of the best games i have played. I think that it is the best of the grand theft auto series.
  7. F.H.
    Feb 1, 2005
    Can this game stopp copying Tony Hawk? its a Good game but they should stop releasing the same game with new little features.
  8. RickN.
    Feb 1, 2005
    San Andreas does have its faults - targeting enemies, bland graphics, some rough animation etc. why do I still give it a 10 then? Because the sheer size and things to do in the game outweigh any flaw this game has, its huge, and due to this it is a game you could easily play for days and days on end. Be prepared to book a lot of time off work and say goodbye to your friends for a while.
  9. MarcusBagdog
    Jan 31, 2005
    Stop dissing the Xbox owners, the majority of us aren't PS2 haters. I love the GTA series (and my PS2, Xbox and GC), and this third installment was amazing. The only downside is that it didn't amaze me the way that GTA3 did, but it was still a terrific game.
  10. MatS.
    Jan 31, 2005
    Nothing can beat this free roaming game. including the plot twists and the visuals this game kicks ass.
  11. CodyG.
    Jan 30, 2005
    This game is the BEST game in the whole world!!
  12. KoriR.
    Jan 30, 2005
    Best game ever.
  13. SabinoS.
    Jan 29, 2005
    I like this game beacuse i like killing.
  14. JacobB.
    Jan 28, 2005
    It is the best gta yet.
  15. LanceJ.
    Jan 26, 2005
    This game was $32.99 on sale at circuit city. Thats like 12 seperate games with the amount of gameplay that is offered for that price. Anyone giving this game a bad score must be an x-box owner and just wants to lower the overall score. This is the greatest ps2 game to date!
  16. DanD.
    Jan 26, 2005
    I gotta agree with Jason S on this one, it is very near to the sims that would be a bad thing. the game can easily consume 100+ hours of gameplay and the storyline is jus so original its mindblowing. loved 3 and VC but this game has raised the bar for all game developers and nothing (part fom possibly need for speed underground 2) can compare. every detail of the game has been enhancedI gotta agree with Jason S on this one, it is very near to the sims that would be a bad thing. the game can easily consume 100+ hours of gameplay and the storyline is jus so original its mindblowing. loved 3 and VC but this game has raised the bar for all game developers and nothing (part fom possibly need for speed underground 2) can compare. every detail of the game has been enhanced greatly right down to the AI of the pedestrians . BEST game EVER! Expand
  17. JasonS.
    Jan 19, 2005
    Very good, improves a lot in some areas from Vice City, nice additions as well. The only problem I see is that the game is now teetering on the edge of becoming another "Sims" type game (with an edge). I'm sorry, but I don't really want a girlfriend or to have to workout regularly in a video game. I guess to fully complete the game you would have to give both things up in your Very good, improves a lot in some areas from Vice City, nice additions as well. The only problem I see is that the game is now teetering on the edge of becoming another "Sims" type game (with an edge). I'm sorry, but I don't really want a girlfriend or to have to workout regularly in a video game. I guess to fully complete the game you would have to give both things up in your real life but still... Despite this, it's still one of the best games available for PS2. Expand
  18. Mosura1
    Jan 15, 2005
    I don't understand those who trash this title and complain about depth and gameplay. GTA:SA is a game that sets the standard, and requires a true gamer to appreciate what standard Rockstar has set over and over. This title will easily consume 200 hours of original gameplay, in an environment more detailed and overwhelming than any other game in history. Leave this game to the adults I don't understand those who trash this title and complain about depth and gameplay. GTA:SA is a game that sets the standard, and requires a true gamer to appreciate what standard Rockstar has set over and over. This title will easily consume 200 hours of original gameplay, in an environment more detailed and overwhelming than any other game in history. Leave this game to the adults to play and appreciate, while the haters can play True Crime because Snoop Dogg makes and appearance. Expand
  19. AndyD.
    Jan 14, 2005
    Without a doubt, one of the greatest games i have ever played on ps2. this game rocks!
  20. KoriR.
    Best game ever.
  21. Rob-O
    Jan 13, 2005
    Danny D.... a step backwards? How can you say that? As much as I love VC and 3, this is a huge improvement. If anything it's a bit too ambitious for the little ol' ps2.
  22. DannyD.
    Jan 13, 2005
    A step backwards, Vice City more colourful, interseting and compact. The story in San Andreas is awful. And where is Tommy!
  23. NajeebS.
    Jan 10, 2005
    3 Words Best Game Ever.
  24. DemonicAngel
    Jan 8, 2005
    This game is just yet another reuse of the GTA formula, with a load of unnecessary "features" tagged on to give the illusion of great depth. The gameplay gets old after a couple of hours, the controls are plain shoddy, and the whole experience just feels like it was hastily thrown together to cash in on the success of the GTA brand. Rockstar's graphics and sound people should be very This game is just yet another reuse of the GTA formula, with a load of unnecessary "features" tagged on to give the illusion of great depth. The gameplay gets old after a couple of hours, the controls are plain shoddy, and the whole experience just feels like it was hastily thrown together to cash in on the success of the GTA brand. Rockstar's graphics and sound people should be very happy with the work they've done, but the game programmers should all be ashamed of themselves. Not worth the effort. Expand
  25. RobertA.S.
    Jan 8, 2005
    The same shame as always! Graphics sucks! IA of traffic cars is better even in midtowmn madness 2 because the cars appears randomly, not following a path for each car, if you want to underestand what I'm meaning, let a traffic car to disspaear and then follow it. Hope next GTA will change the game engine.
  26. DustinC.
    Jan 7, 2005
    Awesome game. Huge, huge, huge. Tons of stuff to do - even when you're done the missions there is everything else: photos, tags, jumps, minigames, races, etc. Best gameplay ever. The only reason I gave 9 instead of 10 is that the graphics are not up to the standard of everything else, what is with the blocky hands?
  27. LeeC.
    Jan 6, 2005
    Best GTA ever period.
  28. IacopoS.
    Jan 3, 2005
    I mean, vice city was good... and the one before even better... but this one is too much. i remember i could play gta for hours, and this starts to be boring after a while... there's too much stuff to do. great game, but this is way too much. too real to be a game. i'll go back playing pacman.
  29. BenjaminDanielW.
    Jan 3, 2005
    The game is apsolutly wonderful! I like the compability very much! The graphic is for a pure 10, while the sound is 9. But the gameplay is superb (10), so I gave it 10!
  30. MikeA.
    Dec 31, 2004
    These guy's are crazy because it's the best game in the world.You can almost do anything in the game like go pimping or rob or just start a fight with a rival gang.

#1 Most Discussed PS2 Game of 2004
#1 Most Shared PS2 Game of 2004

1. The amount of things to do in the cities of Los Santos, San Fierro, and Las Venturas is absolutely staggering... In my opinion there’s no excuse to not have a “save anywhere” feature included.
    San Andreas's chief advantage over "Vice City" is size. And for many players, that's good enough. But another group of fans will come to quietly understand that, at least for the time being, "Vice City" remains the high point of the GTA series.
    There's so much to do in this game that it's outside of my range of imagination to be able to picture me reaching a 100% complete. Unfathomable.