9.0

1. NateW.
    Oct 26, 2004
    I'm curious as to who Jim D. is referring to when he complains this game only appeals to one "specific group"... I wonder if I fall into that group, because I think it is incredible what they accomplished with this game. The level of both technical and production polish on this game in unprecedented.
  2. BigJimmy
    Oct 26, 2004
    Same old overrated recycled garbage as the past two games. The first one was fun, but more of the same, again? Boring!
  3. SimonP.
    Nov 1, 2004
    Hyperbole aside, what makes the GTA games compelling for me isn't the violence (lets face it - what's big, clever or new about that?) it's the go anywhere, do anything nature of the gameplay. This games continues and enhances the tradition of (almost) free form play in a largely believable game-world. Overall though, my abiding impression is that the game has become too Hyperbole aside, what makes the GTA games compelling for me isn't the violence (lets face it - what's big, clever or new about that?) it's the go anywhere, do anything nature of the gameplay. This games continues and enhances the tradition of (almost) free form play in a largely believable game-world. Overall though, my abiding impression is that the game has become too ambitious for the machine it's running on. The graphics and framerate are very weak in places and although that doesn't not spoil the game, I can't help imagining this concept realised on a machine capable of doing the vision of the developers justice - (hopefully the next generation of PS and Xbox). Still a superb and involving game though. Expand
  4. JasonM.
    IT ROCKS.
  5. JoeM.
    Nov 1, 2004
    I do not own this game yet but I have played it at my friends house and it is the best game ever blows driv3r out of the water and way outstrips vice city.
  6. Brandon
    Oct 26, 2004
    Many complained that Vice City was just GTA 3 in a different city. San Andreas expands greatly on the previous games by adding attributes (like lung capacity, driving skill, respect, etc.) that you have to build up. The ability to swim is a great addition that was desparately needed in the earlier games. The graphics are also greatly improved. They still aren't good but I suppose Many complained that Vice City was just GTA 3 in a different city. San Andreas expands greatly on the previous games by adding attributes (like lung capacity, driving skill, respect, etc.) that you have to build up. The ability to swim is a great addition that was desparately needed in the earlier games. The graphics are also greatly improved. They still aren't good but I suppose that is the trade off for having one of (if not THE) largest seemless world available in a video game. Expand
  7. MarkM.
    Nov 1, 2004
    Anyone who rates this game lower than a 9 either: a.) has not played the other games in the series; b.) has not played this one enough to see the HUGE differences R* has added; c.) is an Xbox homer who has no business rating this game to begin with; and/or d.) is a blithering idiot. There have been numerous changes to this game -- instead of just doing mission after mission, you actually Anyone who rates this game lower than a 9 either: a.) has not played the other games in the series; b.) has not played this one enough to see the HUGE differences R* has added; c.) is an Xbox homer who has no business rating this game to begin with; and/or d.) is a blithering idiot. There have been numerous changes to this game -- instead of just doing mission after mission, you actually have to earn your skills ... there are a TON of odd jobs and mini games ... and the city is so huge as to be ridiculous. Those that think it's the same old, same old, have to be clueless -- it's not anywhere close to GTA3 or VC in terms of gameplay. All in all, perhaps the defining moment of the PS2, just as Halo2 will be for the Xbox. Expand
  8. Kevin
    Oct 26, 2004
    Excellent! The best game in the series and the main character is finally cool unlike Tommy.
  9. MikeL.
    Oct 26, 2004
    I think it's laughable how these Xbox fanboys decide to write negative reviews for GTA:SA and think their motivation appears anything but transparent. It's obvious they're bitter that a game that is available for only the Playstation 2 can challenge the greatness of Halo 1 and 2 ( the blasphemy!!). Also, it's pathetic how you could polarize yourself as either an Xbox I think it's laughable how these Xbox fanboys decide to write negative reviews for GTA:SA and think their motivation appears anything but transparent. It's obvious they're bitter that a game that is available for only the Playstation 2 can challenge the greatness of Halo 1 and 2 ( the blasphemy!!). Also, it's pathetic how you could polarize yourself as either an Xbox fan or PS2 fan much like Republicans and Democrats are doing these days. What's wrong with liking both for god's sake? It's obvious that the GTA franchise and Halo franchise are among the creme de la creme of the gaming world, but unlike you fanboys i'll be enjoying both this holiday season (sorry for the preachiness, just had to get that off my chest). Expand
  10. BobP.
    Oct 26, 2004
    This greatly expands on the last GTA with a landscape six times the size of the last, with no loading in-between areas, most of the missions are of greater depth and quality than the best in vice city. Voice acting is consistent all-around, instead of just the main character. The RPG-like stats system is a nice addition and not just an extra chore to do. The customization of your This greatly expands on the last GTA with a landscape six times the size of the last, with no loading in-between areas, most of the missions are of greater depth and quality than the best in vice city. Voice acting is consistent all-around, instead of just the main character. The RPG-like stats system is a nice addition and not just an extra chore to do. The customization of your character is also extremely well done. The control of vehicles and aiming is about at vice city level to start with, then as you gain stats, it gets better (though I haven't gotten to the point of aircraft yet). The mini-games are all well thought out and implemented. To say its just a rehash just shows you havent really played it or its predecessor. Expand
  11. JoshD.
    Nov 1, 2004
    The sheer quality of the gameplay and graphics make Grand Theft Auto San Andreas the best PS2 game of the year! 10 out of 10. The amount of detail the game goes into is amazing! I definately recommend this game to everyone!
  12. KyleK.
    Nov 2, 2004
    WHAT THE! Im blown away at how there is so many things to do and it's long. This is way better than GTA 3 So what the hell are the metacritic people doin, 96 score c'mon its way better than gta 3 anyway u do ur stupid calculations but san andreas is the best. I know y u put GTA 3 so high because it was a new "revolution" in the GTA series. But again i say it's the best in WHAT THE! Im blown away at how there is so many things to do and it's long. This is way better than GTA 3 So what the hell are the metacritic people doin, 96 score c'mon its way better than gta 3 anyway u do ur stupid calculations but san andreas is the best. I know y u put GTA 3 so high because it was a new "revolution" in the GTA series. But again i say it's the best in its genre. Wicked game. Expand
  13. Bill
    Oct 26, 2004
    All the people who are saying this game is just a rehash of the previous ones are obviously uninformed. The game has gained a massive list of additions ranging from RPG like character development to social interactions to squad leadership. The game is 5 times the size of VC with well over 5 times as much to do, no loading times in the entire outdoor area, and the ability to customize your All the people who are saying this game is just a rehash of the previous ones are obviously uninformed. The game has gained a massive list of additions ranging from RPG like character development to social interactions to squad leadership. The game is 5 times the size of VC with well over 5 times as much to do, no loading times in the entire outdoor area, and the ability to customize your character 's outfits, abilities, appearance, and social behavior to your hearts content. Those of you who think IGN is biased, Gamespot gave it a 9.6. Is this a massive industry wide conspiracy? I think not. Get a life. Expand
  14. 64J.
    It kicks ass.
  15. JamesP.
    Oct 26, 2004
    The Return of the King!!! without a doubt the best game alongside the long awaited Half Life 2. What's with the people who keep giving 1 for every superb title? Sort your lives out idiots.
  16. Mr.Anderson
    Nov 1, 2004
    This is still a good gta game, but it is too long. [Ed: Huh? Really sucks to get your money's worth, doesn't it?] Everything has improved again. You still do the same thing which is fine but i wish you could do some thing other than just missions and killing. Also why in the world are people coparing this game to halo 2? Come on ya can't. People are going to be mad at me This is still a good gta game, but it is too long. [Ed: Huh? Really sucks to get your money's worth, doesn't it?] Everything has improved again. You still do the same thing which is fine but i wish you could do some thing other than just missions and killing. Also why in the world are people coparing this game to halo 2? Come on ya can't. People are going to be mad at me but it is a first person shooter and what is this an adventure. Anyway in my opinion halo 2 will be better than ANY game in the market. So i do recommend this game to any ps2 holder it is a must have. But people STOP comparing other games when you don't know how good they are. Expand
  17. DavidT.
    Oct 26, 2004
    Just not that impressed, I like Vice Vity alot better. The game just feels to slow, or maybe it has been a while since I played GTA VC , but the new game is just missing that certain bite !!
  18. Marc-AndréK.
    Nov 1, 2004
    This game is the best game i ever played when u want all in one game. If u want a race game, there is in this game ... but do not compare this gta san andreas to gran turismo 4. Anyways , it is gang bang all the way, whitch i find fun , even if i'm not a rapper. Nice soundtracks , HUGE map !, the only thing i wasn't impressed, was the graphics , its the same base of vice city , This game is the best game i ever played when u want all in one game. If u want a race game, there is in this game ... but do not compare this gta san andreas to gran turismo 4. Anyways , it is gang bang all the way, whitch i find fun , even if i'm not a rapper. Nice soundtracks , HUGE map !, the only thing i wasn't impressed, was the graphics , its the same base of vice city , but they re-touched the cars, the peoples, and some other things. And finally the greatest thing of GTA san andreas, is that they add/fix A LOT of thing compare to vice city . Expand
  19. TimS.
    Nov 1, 2004
    The best video game ever produced! Period.
  20. GotIt
    Oct 25, 2004
    Hey, I just decided to rub it in. It's 6:00 on the 25th and I GOT SAN ANDREAS. My EB games started releasing it early. In your face you PRE_ORDERERS. HAHA
  21. QJFRESH
    Oct 27, 2004
    I Bought it yesterday the best game I ever played if you dont have it you need to get it.
  22. BradB.
    Oct 25, 2004
    Just picked this game up tonight and it is outstanding!! Great graphics, excellent west coast music and the story seems great so far.
  23. JohnCross
    Oct 27, 2004
    This is one of the best games I played in a long time.
  24. TommyV.
    Oct 27, 2004
    Not bad, not great. I've only had it for one day. This game is perfect for white kids who have low self esteem and feel they have to lash out at the world. Maybe Rockstar should introduce a child characture. It worked for Cosby. Still, the game looks slick for a PS2 offering.
  25. SamP.
    Oct 27, 2004
    Tony M. --- the thing is the 'Box WILL get SA some time whereas "Halo 2" will NEVER EVER be put into the PS2's flimsy disk tray EVER!!
  26. StephenM.
    Nov 2, 2004
    IT it brill, im glued to my ps2 nearly all day, the only time i cum off is for the toliet, food and for the p.c, o yer, also for school.
  27. ChadJB.
    Nov 3, 2004
    I have seen the face of God and it is San Andreas.
  28. DaDefJam
    Oct 26, 2004
    It's a timeless classic, even better than Vice City.
  29. AndyW.
    Nov 3, 2004
    Best game eva made u can do woteva u like and shud last ages.
  30. RaoulC.
    Oct 20, 2004
    I LOVE THIS GAME!!!!
  31. JoeA.
    Oct 26, 2004
    The very best of gaming large and great real life characters a great guest appearances.
  32. Wongit
    Nov 7, 2004
    What else is there to say, i can go ahead and say the same stuff everyone else said while reviewing this game, ull be reading the same stuff. by far the greatest game ever.
  33. RicardoA.
    Nov 9, 2004
    This game is the best ever!!!
  34. IvaP.
    Oct 27, 2004
    My closest friend lost his marriage because of the GTA series, but he wouldn't have it anyway. He won't be remarrying for the next 2 years after the release of San Andreas. I've played it too... great graphics and that non-linear gameplay that makes you never want to touch a linear game again. Better than sex! Not that i've had it before. :)
  35. Ertert
    Nov 9, 2004
    I havent actually bought the game yet, its sold out everywhere!!!! do many girls play this game?? i absolutely love it but i know no other girls that do.
  36. HalF.
    Oct 27, 2004
    Man, whaa happen? GTA III was so much fun, Vice City expanded on that with some new features, but now this series is really started to be run into the ground. I guess I'm just finally getting sick of these types of games. Call it Tony Hawk's Pro Skater syndrome... what started as a fun game ruined by too many releases of the same old stuff. I don't want to be playing the Man, whaa happen? GTA III was so much fun, Vice City expanded on that with some new features, but now this series is really started to be run into the ground. I guess I'm just finally getting sick of these types of games. Call it Tony Hawk's Pro Skater syndrome... what started as a fun game ruined by too many releases of the same old stuff. I don't want to be playing the same game over and over again for the next 10 years. It's time to move on. Expand
  37. JJJames
    The best game ever.
  38. EasyE
    THIS GAME IS DA SH.T!
  39. DannyC.
    Oct 27, 2004
    The only bad thing I can say so far is that I will have to buy it again next year when it comes out on the Xbox. This is only my 2nd game for the PS2, and the graphics are killin my eyes! Definitley a big step up from Vice City!
  40. FarhadA.
    Nov 8, 2004
    It's the best game i have ever played
  41. AB
    Oct 27, 2004
    This game is freakin' amazing. They improved on every aspect of Vice City (which was already a great game to begin with). Every PS2 owner should buy this game. Now. And as for Jigganis Zig: since you're only 12 you should wait for Ratchet and Clank: Up Your Arsenal and Metroid Prime 2 Echoes; they're going to be awesome too!
  42. JOEI.
    Oct 27, 2004
    This game will have you putting GTA3 and Vice City up on your shelf for the next year at the least. Not only is this game tweaked waay more than the past GTA games, its a blast! You would think this type of gameplay would get old, but why would you think that? Do you get sick of mario? I didnt think so. He's been around for 20+ years. My only complaint is the graphics are a little This game will have you putting GTA3 and Vice City up on your shelf for the next year at the least. Not only is this game tweaked waay more than the past GTA games, its a blast! You would think this type of gameplay would get old, but why would you think that? Do you get sick of mario? I didnt think so. He's been around for 20+ years. My only complaint is the graphics are a little stale although they are somewhat improved. Im forgiving this problem though due to the fact Rockstar had to cram so so much into this game. I wonder if they ever thought of using two discs? They could improve the graphcis with out a doubt then. Expand
  43. Steve
    Oct 27, 2004
    Slower firing rate for all the guns, I really hate the new camera (that R thumbstick junk), the tank is now destructable and is impossible to aim, and the sunset look gets annoying.
  44. PaulD.
    Oct 27, 2004
    This game is absolutely awesome... The graphics are outstanding...gameplay A+... everything about this game is great.
  45. BenN.
    Nov 11, 2004
    If u have a PS2 u need this game.
  46. StevenV.
    Nov 11, 2004
    The best video game ever made since vice city.
  47. MichaelV.
    Nov 12, 2004
    Man to all your losers complaining about the game i think this is the best GTA game that has come out yet. It deserves a ten but the only downside to this game is that its soooo big. oh yea!
  48. JJJames
    Nov 12, 2004
    The best game ever.
  49. JamesS.
    Oct 22, 2004
    Bloody good.
  50. MichaelP.
    Nov 10, 2004
    Kickass game to cool makes it feel like your actuallythere killing, robbing, and working for the mafia.
  51. Flydude
    Nov 10, 2004
    This is the most g'd up game ever dawg its of the hizzle fo shizzle.
  52. MickT.
    Nov 10, 2004
    I like this game but i realy wish i could play it on my xbox. it would just look so much prettier.
  53. Elliott
    Oct 27, 2004
    Plenty of new stuff, it's actually overwhelming how great this game is.
  54. JohnQ.
    Oct 27, 2004
    Best game i've ever played.
  55. FilipeS.
    Nov 11, 2004
    This is the best game of all my life!
  56. HugoFusion
    Nov 14, 2004
    K two words this game rocks. man u can get hair cuts. and i think u can grow a beard well yeah umm yes umm well yeah of course it gets a ten it is the biggest and best game that was ever introduced to the world.
  57. AdamH.
    Nov 13, 2004
    People who give this game any rating lower than a nine is out of thier mind. Just because you are whining about not having a ps2 to play it on doesnt mean you have to diss the game u you xbox loving halo 2 f***ers.(Lets go blast aliens whith my laser gun)
  58. AnthonyM.
    Oct 28, 2004
    Fantastic new spin on the Grand Theft Auto franchise, great charters,great storyline!! best of all tons of side quests and truly Outstanding gameplay. This one's gonna be hard to beat!!!
  59. UmarM.
    Oct 29, 2004
    Holy holy damn this game is sooooooooo wicked.
  60. AndrewT.
    Oct 29, 2004
    This game is the best thing that RockStar North has ever created. I play this game day and night and now i think i turned into those people with no life.
  61. BloodEmperor
    Nov 13, 2004
    Fantastic addition to the GTA series, absolutley huge with LOADS to do! Lots of new additions to the gameplay, and the handling of the game Sometimes the frame rate can jump slightly and thats the only reason for my 9.. other than that.. AMAZING!
  62. RaheelG.
    Nov 13, 2004
    No doubt rockstar does it again with another smash hit. If this game was a women i would have married it already.
  63. VictorG.
    Nov 3, 2004
    I love this game but i give it a nine cause of the fact that we dont have the option 2 make are character white or black. sorry but i would like it 2 look like me or at least my skin color. maybe next game we can creat are character from scratch like in the sims. other than that the game rocks!!!!
  64. JoeG.
    Nov 15, 2004
    I have never seen a video game better than this. This game beats Halo 2 by an inch. I thought Driver 3 was good, driver 3 is Pong compared to this.
  65. JonM.
    Nov 3, 2004
    This thing is so huge it's daunting... great fun so far. But which idiot decided to use dark blue blips on the map for paramedic + taxi missions? I can barely make them out on my (average) TV.
  66. TJ
    Who Ever Made This Game They Need To Make A Grand Theft Auto San Andreas 2
  67. BryanV.
    Nov 16, 2004
    The whole story line is way better than previous GTA's. More options. Great game.
  68. CarlM.
    Nov 3, 2004
    I love this game,but one thing that you's should do is make it a two player game i know you have but its not a split screen and you can't do anything like eat, go shopping etc. but this game is cool and i think that you should make it a bit like the sims you should be able to run a house and ask your gansters to move in with you.
  69. MarcH.
    Nov 22, 2004
    Unbelievable. by far the best game ever made!!
  70. KyleW.
    Nov 2, 2004
    This one blows the other two grand theft autos away. The size of the game and the multiple range of vehicles is unbeleivable. It takes every aspect of everyday life and makes you control CJ's lfe and how he looks and dresses.
  71. ChrisA.K.A.SmokeyFattahi
    Nov 4, 2004
    This game iz tha best one yet...... It iz cuz it dont bleeep out tha cuss wordz like Vice City.. It got hood people nood little rich crakerz.. And u ride bikes got tha finest muzic frum Dre to Snoop.. And Having two player girl friend action iz da stuff.
  72. MR
    Nov 4, 2004
    To put it bluntly, I'm unimpressed. It must be pointed out *now* that I am not a fan of the GTA style- although, in comparison to the last two games, this one suits me much better. The graphics are a mixed bag (they don't seem to gel too well at times- comic book characters in a real world?) and the gameplay is the same as the others. If you liked GTA 3 and VC- this is a must To put it bluntly, I'm unimpressed. It must be pointed out *now* that I am not a fan of the GTA style- although, in comparison to the last two games, this one suits me much better. The graphics are a mixed bag (they don't seem to gel too well at times- comic book characters in a real world?) and the gameplay is the same as the others. If you liked GTA 3 and VC- this is a must have that you'll love. Be warned though- for the more finicky gamer, this isn't the pick up and play I thought it may have been. Expand
  73. PaulC.
    WOW!
  74. JuliusD.
    Nov 4, 2004
    Victor G. - Could we make Tommy Verscetti black? And are white and black the only 2 ethnicities out there? You need to get schooled, son -- and not in Alabama. The game is a bigger and badder evolution of the tried-and-true digital playground that R* has been providing us with since GTAIII. Saying any more would be useless since the professional reviews can't help but mimic each Victor G. - Could we make Tommy Verscetti black? And are white and black the only 2 ethnicities out there? You need to get schooled, son -- and not in Alabama. The game is a bigger and badder evolution of the tried-and-true digital playground that R* has been providing us with since GTAIII. Saying any more would be useless since the professional reviews can't help but mimic each other in their praise for this title (as well as its flaws.) Expand
  75. JohnnyW.
    Nov 16, 2004
    The best (and when i say best, i mean only decent) game on the PS2. Nothing the PS2 has even comes close to this. PS2 sucks, but I gotta give props to it for this. Finally a reason to play the damn thing.
  76. P.G.
    Nov 16, 2004
    It is fantastic i loved it rockstar havemade another masterpiece my favorite thing about the game is the amount of freedom and real life things you have to do like eat and work out so i rate this game 10 (higher if it was possoble).
  77. MuratN.
    Nov 16, 2004
    Words can't describe how class this game is. Rockstar's done a great job. Looking foward to the next gta already!!
  78. FranciscoG.
    Oct 31, 2004
    When vice city came out i was like whoa dude!!! san andreas ate vice city for lunch. i played vice city everyday and now i can care less about it and probably wont ever play it again because san andreas is 10xs better than any game ive played "ever" yes even better than sonic 1.
  79. MrPennywise
    Oct 31, 2004
    Yeah, GTA is back on track and it is bigger and better than every GTA before.
  80. AaronT.
    Nov 23, 2004
    If only some of the movie sequels could evolve as well as the entire GTA series has. The most enjoyable gaming experience I have had since the original Mario Bros. on the NES.
  81. BrettS.
    Oct 31, 2004
    It's GTA Vice City, but with a hip hop theme, and a bigger arena. Still better than 98% of the games out there. Nothing beats running over people with a tractor!
  82. RomanS.
    Nov 23, 2004
    Amazing...
  83. ChrisB.
    This game kicks ass!!!
  84. MikeToreno
    Nov 22, 2004
    This is by far the best video game ever made and anyone who doesn't agree with me can go... "Best video game ever!"
  85. KenL.
    Nov 22, 2004
    This is the best gta game ever there is so much freedom and i know that this game deserves higher then an 8.6 average.
  86. BladeM.
    Nov 1, 2004
    Very expansive enviroment, lacks some semi-realism, but, who can complain? -2 player mode is quite poor -keeping players stats up can become a chore -amount of different traffic seems to have at least doubled -customization is very cool -games storyboard is spectacular.
  87. JoshS.
    Nov 1, 2004
    This is the best gta game since GTA III I agree with Mark m in stating that anyone who says this game sucks needs to stop playing action rpg this game is awsome.
  88. SteveL.
    Nov 4, 2004
    Amazing.... just amazing, the size of the game blows my mind, the missions are fun, and the things to do are endless.
  89. KeithM.
    Nov 21, 2004
    The best game i have ever played, a few graphical errors, and glitches but that doesn't stop the fun, never gets old!
  90. DjA.
    Oct 30, 2004
    What with people who don't like this game I oculdn't ask for anything more. At first I was disappoited until got farther in the game then I realized all the sh.t this game has...it's awesome.
  91. FredH.
    Oct 30, 2004
    For those of you that are saying this game is not great because it is the same kind of game as it's predecessors, listen up: All sequels are the same kind of game as it's predecessors! What else do you want in it? Pokemon and Aliens?!
  92. RectalR.
    Nov 6, 2004
    Awesome!
  93. Bigmacwithfries
    Nov 7, 2004
    You can go to the gym, watch the phisical appearance of you character improve with exercise, go shopping 4 clothes and gear, have sex, go to get somthing to eat, have a girlfriend, swim, Get tattoed, Absolute freedom in the GTA universe is priceless. You can wander the city for hours without playing a single game mission, and still nave tons of fun finding lots of things 2 do, You can go to the gym, watch the phisical appearance of you character improve with exercise, go shopping 4 clothes and gear, have sex, go to get somthing to eat, have a girlfriend, swim, Get tattoed, Absolute freedom in the GTA universe is priceless. You can wander the city for hours without playing a single game mission, and still nave tons of fun finding lots of things 2 do, gettin' into trouble, shooting gangs, i mean, This game is life itself, Best game ever. Period Expand
  94. MichaelM.
    Nov 24, 2004
    A very interesting game.
  95. ZhazadI.
    Nov 29, 2004
    i lost my wife over this game!
  96. AlexK.
    Nov 28, 2004
    This Game will take you out of your seat and make you stand up. When you play no matter where you are you get an adrenaline rush.
  97. RaviorC.
    Nov 29, 2004
    FINALLY!! A game where you can make all the moves... No more boundries to hold you back... Literally do whatever you want. I didn't expect a game like this to come out for another 20 years!
  98. BrianK.
    Nov 29, 2004
    Unbelieveably awesome, I just love racing on a Sanchez motor bike through Red countys rolling hills and countryside and then finishing in San Fierro between missions jamming to K-dust is a definite high point, super fun missions and loads of things to see and do give this game hours and hours of fast, fun and challenging gameplay, CJ is the most dynamic and coolest game character ever...Unbelieveably awesome, I just love racing on a Sanchez motor bike through Red countys rolling hills and countryside and then finishing in San Fierro between missions jamming to K-dust is a definite high point, super fun missions and loads of things to see and do give this game hours and hours of fast, fun and challenging gameplay, CJ is the most dynamic and coolest game character ever... anyone who knocks this game due to pop-up and collision factors give it a rest, in a game this large you cant have it all... GTASA makes up for graphic faults with mind blowing depth!! Expand
  99. JhonD.
    Nov 29, 2004
    This game is off the chain who ever gives the game a 6 or lower probably hasnt played it.
  100. RobertP.
    Nov 29, 2004
    Great game some things id change is have to feed him. great idea to add but why do u have to eat to survive. not the sims here. i play these games to KILL KILL KILL.

#1 Most Discussed PS2 Game of 2004
#1 Most Shared PS2 Game of 2004

1. The amount of things to do in the cities of Los Santos, San Fierro, and Las Venturas is absolutely staggering... In my opinion there’s no excuse to not have a “save anywhere” feature included.
    San Andreas's chief advantage over "Vice City" is size. And for many players, that's good enough. But another group of fans will come to quietly understand that, at least for the time being, "Vice City" remains the high point of the GTA series.
    There's so much to do in this game that it's outside of my range of imagination to be able to picture me reaching a 100% complete. Unfathomable.