8.9

1. DaveW.
    Nov 2, 2004
    Best of the series. fresh game.
  2. KenL.
    Nov 22, 2004
    This is the best gta game ever there is so much freedom and i know that this game deserves higher then an 8.6 average.
  3. MikeToreno
    Nov 22, 2004
    This is by far the best video game ever made and anyone who doesn't agree with me can go... "Best video game ever!"
  4. Bobness
    Oct 12, 2004
    B-E-A-UTIFUL!
  5. Rinazzle
    Nov 2, 2004
    Words hardly do justice to just how good this game is. The sheer playability blows the pants over literally any other form of digital entertainment. Period.
  6. JasonF.
    Nov 26, 2004
    I almost lost my job because of this game. it is the best ps2 game i have ever played.
  7. KyleW.
    Nov 2, 2004
    This one blows the other two grand theft autos away. The size of the game and the multiple range of vehicles is unbeleivable. It takes every aspect of everyday life and makes you control CJ's lfe and how he looks and dresses.
  8. KaiserSoze
    Nov 2, 2004
    I'm one of those people who this game evidently won't appeal to because I'm 35. Hello? We were the first generation to grow up on videogames and a prime demographic. My friends and I have killed about 50,000 people on GTA3 and VC. Those who rate the game lower than an 8 haven't played it, haven't played it long enough or are X-Box fetishists. The graphics I'm one of those people who this game evidently won't appeal to because I'm 35. Hello? We were the first generation to grow up on videogames and a prime demographic. My friends and I have killed about 50,000 people on GTA3 and VC. Those who rate the game lower than an 8 haven't played it, haven't played it long enough or are X-Box fetishists. The graphics aren't perfect, but there are limits to the PS2 and the gameplay more than makes up for it. The size and seamlessness is better than any other game on PS2. I still have no idea how they did away with any load times. The missions are outstanding and the game gets much more fun as you progress. You'll be amazed at how much detail has been given to everything, including the countryside, casinos, OTB, working out, getting tattoos and haircuts, controlling your gang, car customization, mission design, etc. There's almost nothing you can't do. The game is just massive. It takes a LONG time to get from one city to another unless you have a plane. Stop yer whining and go buy the thing, even if you have to grow some balls and buy a PS2. They're cheap now. Expand
  9. Mat
    Nov 29, 2004
    Don't get me wrong the GTA series has been a great series and there are plenty of new features in San Andreas, but it is way to similar to the other GTA games... my opinion go get Vice City (same basic game... lower price)
  10. ChadJB.
    Nov 3, 2004
    I have seen the face of God and it is San Andreas.
  11. KatieN.
    Fantastic.
  12. VictorG.
    Nov 3, 2004
    I love this game but i give it a nine cause of the fact that we dont have the option 2 make are character white or black. sorry but i would like it 2 look like me or at least my skin color. maybe next game we can creat are character from scratch like in the sims. other than that the game rocks!!!!
  13. JonM.
    Nov 3, 2004
    This thing is so huge it's daunting... great fun so far. But which idiot decided to use dark blue blips on the map for paramedic + taxi missions? I can barely make them out on my (average) TV.
  14. ChrisA.K.A.SmokeyFattahi
    Nov 4, 2004
    This game iz tha best one yet...... It iz cuz it dont bleeep out tha cuss wordz like Vice City.. It got hood people nood little rich crakerz.. And u ride bikes got tha finest muzic frum Dre to Snoop.. And Having two player girl friend action iz da stuff.
  15. SteveL.
    Nov 4, 2004
    Amazing.... just amazing, the size of the game blows my mind, the missions are fun, and the things to do are endless.
  16. JuliusD.
    Nov 4, 2004
    Victor G. - Could we make Tommy Verscetti black? And are white and black the only 2 ethnicities out there? You need to get schooled, son -- and not in Alabama. The game is a bigger and badder evolution of the tried-and-true digital playground that R* has been providing us with since GTAIII. Saying any more would be useless since the professional reviews can't help but mimic each Victor G. - Could we make Tommy Verscetti black? And are white and black the only 2 ethnicities out there? You need to get schooled, son -- and not in Alabama. The game is a bigger and badder evolution of the tried-and-true digital playground that R* has been providing us with since GTAIII. Saying any more would be useless since the professional reviews can't help but mimic each other in their praise for this title (as well as its flaws.) Expand
  17. JuliusP.
    Nov 4, 2004
    This is the best game ever and I can't wait to the next game comes out. I know that it will probably come out when the ps3 is release.
  18. SteveA.
    Nov 5, 2004
    Absolutely fantastic! I would have had no idea that I would be comparing this to Fable, but I am, this is so much better. Vice City looks terrible compared to this. The place is incredibly huge! You could literally take up to two hours going from one point to another, man. The graphics are still very Grand Theft Auto, however. A huge improvement over all of them, but the sheer reason you Absolutely fantastic! I would have had no idea that I would be comparing this to Fable, but I am, this is so much better. Vice City looks terrible compared to this. The place is incredibly huge! You could literally take up to two hours going from one point to another, man. The graphics are still very Grand Theft Auto, however. A huge improvement over all of them, but the sheer reason you should buy it is because of the size. I love this game and if you have about 80 HOURS to kill, this should definitely be at the top of your list. Expand
  19. ChrisS.
    Nov 5, 2004
    A brilliant game 10/10, almost completed.
  20. LinoG.
    Nov 5, 2004
    Do not be fooled by imitators, or detered by "authority" figures who want to rid the gaming industry of every single disc, cartridge or otherwise that bares the Grand Theft Auto name. This is, without and doubt, reservation, or hesitation, the greatest game the PS2 has ever seen. Unlimited replay value, countless gameplay types, and custimization galore. If you have a PS2, get this game.
  21. Bigmacwithfries
    Nov 7, 2004
    You can go to the gym, watch the phisical appearance of you character improve with exercise, go shopping 4 clothes and gear, have sex, go to get somthing to eat, have a girlfriend, swim, Get tattoed, Absolute freedom in the GTA universe is priceless. You can wander the city for hours without playing a single game mission, and still nave tons of fun finding lots of things 2 do, You can go to the gym, watch the phisical appearance of you character improve with exercise, go shopping 4 clothes and gear, have sex, go to get somthing to eat, have a girlfriend, swim, Get tattoed, Absolute freedom in the GTA universe is priceless. You can wander the city for hours without playing a single game mission, and still nave tons of fun finding lots of things 2 do, gettin' into trouble, shooting gangs, i mean, This game is life itself, Best game ever. Period Expand
  22. Ertert
    Nov 9, 2004
    I havent actually bought the game yet, its sold out everywhere!!!! do many girls play this game?? i absolutely love it but i know no other girls that do.
  23. DanielM.
    Nov 9, 2004
    Better than the other GTA's and any other crime game.
  24. JoshM.
    Nov 9, 2004
    This game is the best yet!
  25. BlueFalcon
    Dec 10, 2004
    There's been a lot of great games to come out lately. But I think this one is the best of them all. No other game can match it's freedom of gameplay.
  26. RaoulC.
    Oct 20, 2004
    I LOVE THIS GAME!!!!
  27. PhilH.
    Dec 1, 2004
    This game is f...ing sick the best one yet.
  28. RichH.
    Dec 21, 2004
    If you don't have this game then let me give you a hint. BUY IT!!! The map is wicked, the missions are awesome and the special effects are sick.
  29. VladikB.
    Dec 20, 2004
    It is really fun to play it im on the mission cesar vialpando and life is a beach and i cant finish those two because i cant keep up with the arrows!!!
  30. RobD
    Dec 23, 2004
    1. it is a piece of dog shit
    2. What is all the fuss about it is only a game where you can shoot people you can do that in any fps.
    3 PS2 don't deserve this game hold on the console is shit as well maybe it should be on it.
  31. KevinC.
    Dec 23, 2004
    Sweet graphics. love it wen u r haulin ass and it feels like u r actually driving wit da blurred surrounds. kick ass game
  32. Fighter17
    Dec 25, 2004
    Good game, but it is the same as the other two Grand Theif Auto games. After 3 hours of play, I really what to play something else. I didn't like the game at all.
  33. Dude
    Oct 22, 2004
    Rocks my socks!
  34. Martin
    Dec 3, 2004
    After one week my cd got a big scratch so now i cant play it. it happen while i was playing.
  35. StevenT.
    Dec 3, 2004
    this game is fun fun fun! you can do tonz of stuff! remeber vice city with the semi truck? now you can hook up a trailer to it! you can fly any and all planes you see(after you get a piolot's license) and you can swim! lots to do really fun. another plus is the whole world is not just city. you can go off-roadingf on dirt bikes really cool. buy it or you'll suffer not having this game is fun fun fun! you can do tonz of stuff! remeber vice city with the semi truck? now you can hook up a trailer to it! you can fly any and all planes you see(after you get a piolot's license) and you can swim! lots to do really fun. another plus is the whole world is not just city. you can go off-roadingf on dirt bikes really cool. buy it or you'll suffer not having fun! peace out readers Expand
  36. RailenH.
    Dec 3, 2004
    This game is so hot its even better then the other ones i hope that they come out with more grand theft auto games.
  37. JoseM.
    Dec 3, 2004
    I think this game truly lives up to its name.
  38. JonW.
    Oct 24, 2004
    This game is fantastic. The graphics and animations are inproved on the previous installments and the story is even more compelling. The game gives you incredible freedom, being able to play videogames in the local pub, play basketball in the street, do stunts on a bmx, go to the gym and no loading screens all add to the experience. I loved vice city and this wipes the floor with it. 10/10
    Oct 24, 2004
    This will be the best gta yet! You can learn Kung Fu abd it has a new targeting system you can shoot head shots! All you people that hate this masterpiece are stupid.
  40. JoelS.
    Oct 24, 2004
    Its gonna be awesome! I took days off work just to play it!
  41. BradB.
    Oct 25, 2004
    Just picked this game up tonight and it is outstanding!! Great graphics, excellent west coast music and the story seems great so far.
  42. MohamedA.
    Oct 25, 2004
    I ABSOFKNLOUTLEY love it.
  43. JimD.
    Oct 25, 2004
    I am tired of this same old formula..what was once a great concept is now just redone and not nearly as well. The graphics although fluid, look dated and tried, and the voiceovers are very cut and pastey...CONTROL would be a nice addition to this game. Nice try for the subject matter but it really limits the audience to a specific group and most of those are over the age of 19 and not I am tired of this same old formula..what was once a great concept is now just redone and not nearly as well. The graphics although fluid, look dated and tried, and the voiceovers are very cut and pastey...CONTROL would be a nice addition to this game. Nice try for the subject matter but it really limits the audience to a specific group and most of those are over the age of 19 and not into this...A huge step backwards for this franchise. Expand
  44. AdamW.
    Oct 25, 2004
    It's the bomb digity fresh.
  45. DonkeyKongX
    Oct 26, 2004
    I HIGHLY DOUBT GTA SAN ANDREAS IS BETTER THAN HALF LIFE 2, THAT IS IMPOSSIBLE, GTA VC got boring after like 2 months, Because it was just the same as GTA III, and GTA SA WILL BE BETTER ON PC, AND HALF LIFE 2, HALO 2, F.E.A.R., S.T.A.L.K.E.R., AND FAR CRY ARE SO MUCH BETTER THAN GTA!
  46. BigJimmy
    Oct 26, 2004
    Same old overrated recycled garbage as the past two games. The first one was fun, but more of the same, again? Boring!
  47. Pimp69
    Dec 6, 2004
    GTA san andreas is a loc ass game!!!!F..k all ya who try 2 dis on it!!!
  48. Brandon
    Oct 26, 2004
    Many complained that Vice City was just GTA 3 in a different city. San Andreas expands greatly on the previous games by adding attributes (like lung capacity, driving skill, respect, etc.) that you have to build up. The ability to swim is a great addition that was desparately needed in the earlier games. The graphics are also greatly improved. They still aren't good but I suppose Many complained that Vice City was just GTA 3 in a different city. San Andreas expands greatly on the previous games by adding attributes (like lung capacity, driving skill, respect, etc.) that you have to build up. The ability to swim is a great addition that was desparately needed in the earlier games. The graphics are also greatly improved. They still aren't good but I suppose that is the trade off for having one of (if not THE) largest seemless world available in a video game. Expand
  49. AndreB.
    Oct 26, 2004
    Great Game! The Best ever made. I didn't think they could've pulled it off, but dammit, I was dead wrong. If u own a PS2 and dont have this in a library, U need a reality check.
  50. MikeL.
    Oct 26, 2004
    I think it's laughable how these Xbox fanboys decide to write negative reviews for GTA:SA and think their motivation appears anything but transparent. It's obvious they're bitter that a game that is available for only the Playstation 2 can challenge the greatness of Halo 1 and 2 ( the blasphemy!!). Also, it's pathetic how you could polarize yourself as either an Xbox I think it's laughable how these Xbox fanboys decide to write negative reviews for GTA:SA and think their motivation appears anything but transparent. It's obvious they're bitter that a game that is available for only the Playstation 2 can challenge the greatness of Halo 1 and 2 ( the blasphemy!!). Also, it's pathetic how you could polarize yourself as either an Xbox fan or PS2 fan much like Republicans and Democrats are doing these days. What's wrong with liking both for god's sake? It's obvious that the GTA franchise and Halo franchise are among the creme de la creme of the gaming world, but unlike you fanboys i'll be enjoying both this holiday season (sorry for the preachiness, just had to get that off my chest). Expand
  51. AVideoGameCritic
    Dec 6, 2004
    A great game....until you reach Las Venturas. The missions there (in general) are tedious, and the plot (at that point) is completely non-existent. So...why continue playing? This is the only GTA game that I have not been compelled to finish. That said, this game has many features, etc. that are improvements, and the 3 cities are each very large and detailed (although Las Venturas is the A great game....until you reach Las Venturas. The missions there (in general) are tedious, and the plot (at that point) is completely non-existent. So...why continue playing? This is the only GTA game that I have not been compelled to finish. That said, this game has many features, etc. that are improvements, and the 3 cities are each very large and detailed (although Las Venturas is the blandest) and, until Las Venturas, the missions in this game are very fun and entertaining. Overall, recommended to GTA fans, I just think it needed a stronger plot. And neither city was as cool as Vice City... I'm also starting to wonder about the quality of this series in general. After extensive play, does anyone else's disc start to get messed up, have slower load times, and does the console start to make weird sounds when playing this game? The same thing happened to me with Vice City, and eventually, it stopped working. Hope this isn't a repeat of that... Expand
  52. JoeA.
    Oct 26, 2004
    The very best of gaming large and great real life characters a great guest appearances.
  53. RobS.
    Oct 27, 2004
    WOW! THE BEST GAME EVER!! Over-rated my ****! its truly brilliant and a bargain i wudnt sell it for $100
  54. SamP.
    Oct 27, 2004
    Tony M. --- the thing is the 'Box WILL get SA some time whereas "Halo 2" will NEVER EVER be put into the PS2's flimsy disk tray EVER!!
  55. ThomasM.
    Oct 27, 2004
    Those foul-mouthed ba****ds! There's a lot of f***in cussing, holy s**t! I love it! Brother! Motherf***er! Yeah! GTA:SA deserved a 09 out of 10. WoW.
  56. Sadie
    Oct 27, 2004
    I waited and waited and waited for this game to come out. I wibbled in my chair as the countdown to the release drew near... I rushed out to Future Shop THE day it came out... yes, in the morning as soon as the doors opened... I paid $68 (CDN) for it and ran, bouncing, out the doors. I got home, and I played. This game was everything I had expected and oh so much more. Very worth the wait I waited and waited and waited for this game to come out. I wibbled in my chair as the countdown to the release drew near... I rushed out to Future Shop THE day it came out... yes, in the morning as soon as the doors opened... I paid $68 (CDN) for it and ran, bouncing, out the doors. I got home, and I played. This game was everything I had expected and oh so much more. Very worth the wait and the money! Expand
  57. JoshB.
    Oct 27, 2004
    Yeah ok, it's pretty much the same game as the last one, but what makes that a bad thing. If it ain't broke don't fix it. Just add a little more depth for character development and great new voice actors, and you have another blockbuster.
  58. JJJames
    The best game ever.
  59. QJFRESH
    Oct 27, 2004
    I Bought it yesterday the best game I ever played if you dont have it you need to get it.
  60. EasyE
    THIS GAME IS DA SH.T!
  61. Elliott
    Oct 27, 2004
    Plenty of new stuff, it's actually overwhelming how great this game is.
  62. AB
    Oct 27, 2004
    This game is freakin' amazing. They improved on every aspect of Vice City (which was already a great game to begin with). Every PS2 owner should buy this game. Now. And as for Jigganis Zig: since you're only 12 you should wait for Ratchet and Clank: Up Your Arsenal and Metroid Prime 2 Echoes; they're going to be awesome too!
  63. JosephW.
    Dec 8, 2004
    I LUV THIS GAME!
  64. Blaze
    Oct 28, 2004
    man what the hell are all you nuts out there who gave this game under a 9 talking about...this game is so damn hard and tops gta:3 and vice city, now im a fan of the gta series and i have to say without a doubt this i by far the best gta game ever i am a madden guy and i have to speak when i say gta trounces madden sorry madden maybe next year def. a $49.99 worthy game...ups to rockstar fa sho.
  65. JohnS.
    Oct 29, 2004
    This game is the shizzzznittt hecks yea the rocks my socks.
  66. KhanhN.
    This game is TIGHT!
  67. UmarM.
    Oct 29, 2004
    Holy holy damn this game is sooooooooo wicked.
  68. Osi
    Oct 29, 2004
    Shame on you all damn haters just because Halo did not get a 9.9 or future halo might not get 9.9!. and the fact that the game system is changing in today's life does not means that they are going to make another GTA III, they have to move on or else this series is going to get boring! plus this game might be the best game out YET! so it deserves at least a 9 because of all the Shame on you all damn haters just because Halo did not get a 9.9 or future halo might not get 9.9!. and the fact that the game system is changing in today's life does not means that they are going to make another GTA III, they have to move on or else this series is going to get boring! plus this game might be the best game out YET! so it deserves at least a 9 because of all the effort and all the new stuff no other game has =] Expand
  69. ASIS
    Oct 29, 2004
    This is an incredible game. i was kinda dissapointed at the graphical aspect of the character textures, not much of a change, but after 10 minutes i completely forgot about the graphics and focused on some amazing gameplay. As someone who did grow up in south central LA during the riots and gang wars , it does impress me to see a game like this. all the things you have to do are amazingThis is an incredible game. i was kinda dissapointed at the graphical aspect of the character textures, not much of a change, but after 10 minutes i completely forgot about the graphics and focused on some amazing gameplay. As someone who did grow up in south central LA during the riots and gang wars , it does impress me to see a game like this. all the things you have to do are amazing compared to the past 2 gta incarnations on the ps2. storyline wise, just as good as i expected it if not better. as for xbox owners, simple, dont like it, then dont play it. Expand
  70. AndrewT.
    Oct 29, 2004
    This game is the best thing that RockStar North has ever created. I play this game day and night and now i think i turned into those people with no life.
  71. FranciscoG.
    Oct 31, 2004
    When vice city came out i was like whoa dude!!! san andreas ate vice city for lunch. i played vice city everyday and now i can care less about it and probably wont ever play it again because san andreas is 10xs better than any game ive played "ever" yes even better than sonic 1.
  72. JerradH.
    Oct 31, 2004
    The reviewers are certainly right when they say the world is huge and there's lots to do. Shame the world doesn't look particularly good, and the things to do aren't all that interesting, and at times, frankly boring. In other words, more of the same. GTA is one of the most overrated series to ever exist. If it didn't have all the shock value, this series would've The reviewers are certainly right when they say the world is huge and there's lots to do. Shame the world doesn't look particularly good, and the things to do aren't all that interesting, and at times, frankly boring. In other words, more of the same. GTA is one of the most overrated series to ever exist. If it didn't have all the shock value, this series would've died out and been considered mediocre at best. Expand
  73. BIGSmoke
    Oct 30, 2004
    Best game i have ever played in my life. it is totally different from GTA3 ans vice city. the missions are way more fun and the country and all the tractors and stuff are really fun. there is so much to do. Plus this time you can acually swim!! This game will be the best game ever!! who cares about halo2. can u do a drive by in halo 2 how about ride dirtbike and atvs or have your own Best game i have ever played in my life. it is totally different from GTA3 ans vice city. the missions are way more fun and the country and all the tractors and stuff are really fun. there is so much to do. Plus this time you can acually swim!! This game will be the best game ever!! who cares about halo2. can u do a drive by in halo 2 how about ride dirtbike and atvs or have your own girlfriend or start a gang war. when i played this game my jaw hit the ground and just stared there for a long time.Ps. how could u rate this game a seven?? you must either suck at playing and can't beat the missions or you have x box and are just jealous you cant play GTA SAN ANDREAS!!!!!! Expand
  74. BrettS.
    Oct 31, 2004
    It's GTA Vice City, but with a hip hop theme, and a bigger arena. Still better than 98% of the games out there. Nothing beats running over people with a tractor!
  75. JohnB.
    Oct 3, 2004
    It's allright. Not enough missions. Rockstar made too much hype for this game. Rent it before you buy it: it'll save you dozens.
  76. OmarMorales
    May 5, 2004
    I mean this game hasn't even hit shelves yet but I already know it going to be a 10. This game is going to be the ultimate game in the grand theft auto series. The only thing i don't like about the grand theft auto series is the cheap graphics and the sudden game stop. Once you pass the game there are no more missions to keep you interested!
  77. VladVoinov
    Jul 27, 2004
    Hands down, this will undoubtedly be the best video game, ever! The sheer size and amount of features is staggering. A lot of the things that are used regularly in the game are unheard of in the video game world. Even now, only a fraction of the detail about the game is known, and from what I know, the game is better than any other game out there, as well as many of the games that are Hands down, this will undoubtedly be the best video game, ever! The sheer size and amount of features is staggering. A lot of the things that are used regularly in the game are unheard of in the video game world. Even now, only a fraction of the detail about the game is known, and from what I know, the game is better than any other game out there, as well as many of the games that are yet to come. Rockstar did it again! Expand
  78. ArturoFavela
    Aug 3, 2004
    It kicks ass, the game itself has lots of the things I was looking foward or so I have heared. more over It has an unmached enviroment of the pictures that have been released by rockstar and the diffrent interactive ways that you can use NPC characters. It's quite an amazing game so far, Carl is the new guy and he can swimm yea that is sweet and as far as i know you can pick your lookIt kicks ass, the game itself has lots of the things I was looking foward or so I have heared. more over It has an unmached enviroment of the pictures that have been released by rockstar and the diffrent interactive ways that you can use NPC characters. It's quite an amazing game so far, Carl is the new guy and he can swimm yea that is sweet and as far as i know you can pick your look physical, accesories, and threads. LOL Expand
  79. MichaelD.
    Nov 1, 2005
    Should be better! The AI cars are just shit, the graphics are not great, and once you have it complete, its really boring. I tried completing it the second time , but it was to dull. Lots of glitches too.
  80. NajeebS.
    Jan 10, 2005
    3 Words Best Game Ever.
  81. JohnQ.
    Nov 23, 2005
    Best game i've ever played.
  82. DannyD.
    Jan 13, 2005
    A step backwards, Vice City more colourful, interseting and compact. The story in San Andreas is awful. And where is Tommy!
  83. KoriR.
    Jan 13, 2005
    Best game ever.
  84. AndyD.
    Jan 14, 2005
    Without a doubt, one of the greatest games i have ever played on ps2. this game rocks!
  85. JasonO.
    Oct 18, 2005
    Man after reading all the low voters on this game you must be real weiners. its a game if it was easy it would be no fun.yea its not easy to get used to the controls but stop your complaining its a game that does not come close to the other crap out there.besides its meant to kill time and have fun anyway, learn how to play it enjoy your self with it .once you get used to whats going onMan after reading all the low voters on this game you must be real weiners. its a game if it was easy it would be no fun.yea its not easy to get used to the controls but stop your complaining its a game that does not come close to the other crap out there.besides its meant to kill time and have fun anyway, learn how to play it enjoy your self with it .once you get used to whats going on your hooked.i beat the story part its hard work but a lot of fun doing it. Expand
  86. JasonS.
    Jan 19, 2005
    Very good, improves a lot in some areas from Vice City, nice additions as well. The only problem I see is that the game is now teetering on the edge of becoming another "Sims" type game (with an edge). I'm sorry, but I don't really want a girlfriend or to have to workout regularly in a video game. I guess to fully complete the game you would have to give both things up in your Very good, improves a lot in some areas from Vice City, nice additions as well. The only problem I see is that the game is now teetering on the edge of becoming another "Sims" type game (with an edge). I'm sorry, but I don't really want a girlfriend or to have to workout regularly in a video game. I guess to fully complete the game you would have to give both things up in your real life but still... Despite this, it's still one of the best games available for PS2. Expand
  87. JohnnyD.
    Dec 7, 2005
    The biggest and best game I've played in a long time.
  88. JacobB.
    Jan 28, 2005
    It is the best gta yet.
  89. DemonicAngel
    Jan 8, 2005
    This game is just yet another reuse of the GTA formula, with a load of unnecessary "features" tagged on to give the illusion of great depth. The gameplay gets old after a couple of hours, the controls are plain shoddy, and the whole experience just feels like it was hastily thrown together to cash in on the success of the GTA brand. Rockstar's graphics and sound people should be very This game is just yet another reuse of the GTA formula, with a load of unnecessary "features" tagged on to give the illusion of great depth. The gameplay gets old after a couple of hours, the controls are plain shoddy, and the whole experience just feels like it was hastily thrown together to cash in on the success of the GTA brand. Rockstar's graphics and sound people should be very happy with the work they've done, but the game programmers should all be ashamed of themselves. Not worth the effort. Expand
  90. F.H.
    Feb 1, 2005
    Can this game stopp copying Tony Hawk? its a Good game but they should stop releasing the same game with new little features.
  91. BuddyLee
    Feb 14, 2005
    I cant play this around my kid, he's two and i dont want him to hear this crap. [Ed: Yet you want us to hear it?] At first the language did not bother me, but the more i played it, the more it bothers me. I have traded it in so i can buy something (ANYTHING) else. other than the language, this game is better than GTA3, but not up there with Vice City.
  92. Sam
    Feb 15, 2005
    Labeling this game as racist is a statement that needs analyzing. "a discrimination of black people?" come on. Many African Americans contributed to the making of this game. This game could be called historical fiction, because this kind of gang violence among young black men was rampant in LA in the early 90s. This could be difficult for people who have been directly affected by gang Labeling this game as racist is a statement that needs analyzing. "a discrimination of black people?" come on. Many African Americans contributed to the making of this game. This game could be called historical fiction, because this kind of gang violence among young black men was rampant in LA in the early 90s. This could be difficult for people who have been directly affected by gang violence. Rockstar does take things to an extreme level sometimes, but really we all just have to loosen up. The more we bring up a race issue, the bigger the issue becomes, no matter what side you're on. Oh and the game is absolutely awesome. Expand
  93. Travis
    Feb 15, 2005
    Much Better than Vice City and GTA 3 no compare, but much to easy to beat.
  94. DavidC.
    Feb 17, 2005
    The best GTA game to date and along with Pro Evolution Soccer 4 probably the best game....Ever!
  95. JamesN.
    Feb 7, 2005
    This game is a great game for children over the age of 18 it should not be given to children under age. this game is also a discrimantion of black people and the thats the reason for my low rating.
  96. DANNYCARLJ.
    Apr 16, 2005
    excellent game amust buy for game fanatics (if ure over 18but who really checks that stuff)if u have one game to buy make it this you wont regret it.
  97. KaceyG.
    Jul 21, 2005
    I CANT BELIEVE that it just got an AO rating. That really sucks, thanks much to Hilary Clinton. The copy i bought when it was still M rated has an error reading the disc, i really hope there will be some kind of store that still will sell it.
  98. BenjiB.
    Aug 29, 2005
    The best gaem i have ever played. It just is the full game shotting missions, basketball mini games car races and much more no other game can challenge Grand theft auto:Sanandreas.
  99. kylek
    Jan 20, 2006
    This is a great game, hijack anything except a tram. Fly planes and have dogfights with the army guys. Way better than GTA 3 and vice city, whoever says they didnt improve on anything, your wrong because san andreas give you, swimming, flying, trains, gang recruits, new story and girlfriends. how is that not improving. i hate people that sit back and piss the shit out of a game when it isThis is a great game, hijack anything except a tram. Fly planes and have dogfights with the army guys. Way better than GTA 3 and vice city, whoever says they didnt improve on anything, your wrong because san andreas give you, swimming, flying, trains, gang recruits, new story and girlfriends. how is that not improving. i hate people that sit back and piss the shit out of a game when it is actually brilliant. give credit to game camponies that actually give you the chance to play games. selfish little stuck up dickheads who dont appreciate gaming. san andreas is excellent. 10/10 Expand
  100. TashB.
    Oct 25, 2006
    Its a great game but there is too much swearing in it and to many prostatutes plus the graphics ain't great.

#1 Most Discussed PS2 Game of 2004
#1 Most Shared PS2 Game of 2004

1. The amount of things to do in the cities of Los Santos, San Fierro, and Las Venturas is absolutely staggering... In my opinion there’s no excuse to not have a “save anywhere” feature included.
    San Andreas's chief advantage over "Vice City" is size. And for many players, that's good enough. But another group of fans will come to quietly understand that, at least for the time being, "Vice City" remains the high point of the GTA series.
    There's so much to do in this game that it's outside of my range of imagination to be able to picture me reaching a 100% complete. Unfathomable.