8.9

1. Dec 23, 2012
    It's alright. Very fun to drive around and explore since the map is so large. The voice acting story and soundtrack are top-notch as well. However, the shooting mechanics are the worst I have ever seen. It's almost impossible to hit someone.
  2. nathant
    Nov 6, 2004
    i havent played the game, so i wont bash it or nething.

i havent played the game, so i wont bash it or nething.

is this all ps2 has left? some GTA series that is honastly overrated? wow go shoot people. steal something here. grab a random tank. drive a tractor through the city. seriously, if u want to kill someone, go become a gangsta. how many gta games are they gunna come out with that are basically the same except in different locations. maybe ps2 would like to make a new, revolutionary game that isnt based on some past series

just a suggestion
  3. CharlesH.
    Dec 8, 2004
    This game is so very tedious. I suspect that it has enough fundamentally benine attractions to intice it's clientel but it is basically a game not worthy of those who can see past the new aspects such as the gangs and the areoplanes, and special bar metres. I admit this game has a lot to offer, but the story line is so controversial, and to be perfectly honest crap it offers no real This game is so very tedious. I suspect that it has enough fundamentally benine attractions to intice it's clientel but it is basically a game not worthy of those who can see past the new aspects such as the gangs and the areoplanes, and special bar metres. I admit this game has a lot to offer, but the story line is so controversial, and to be perfectly honest crap it offers no real excitement, this game is the opitomy of boredom. However, i do take enjoyment of watching the commoners flock to buy this thrivellous game. Expand
  4. IacopoS.
    Jan 3, 2005
    I mean, vice city was good... and the one before even better... but this one is too much. i remember i could play gta for hours, and this starts to be boring after a while... there's too much stuff to do. great game, but this is way too much. too real to be a game. i'll go back playing pacman.
  5. Mat
    Nov 29, 2004
    Don't get me wrong the GTA series has been a great series and there are plenty of new features in San Andreas, but it is way to similar to the other GTA games... my opinion go get Vice City (same basic game... lower price)
  6. Fighter17
    Dec 25, 2004
    Good game, but it is the same as the other two Grand Theif Auto games. After 3 hours of play, I really what to play something else. I didn't like the game at all.
  7. JimD.
    Oct 25, 2004
    I am tired of this same old formula..what was once a great concept is now just redone and not nearly as well. The graphics although fluid, look dated and tried, and the voiceovers are very cut and pastey...CONTROL would be a nice addition to this game. Nice try for the subject matter but it really limits the audience to a specific group and most of those are over the age of 19 and not I am tired of this same old formula..what was once a great concept is now just redone and not nearly as well. The graphics although fluid, look dated and tried, and the voiceovers are very cut and pastey...CONTROL would be a nice addition to this game. Nice try for the subject matter but it really limits the audience to a specific group and most of those are over the age of 19 and not into this...A huge step backwards for this franchise. Expand
  8. JerradH.
    Oct 31, 2004
    The reviewers are certainly right when they say the world is huge and there's lots to do. Shame the world doesn't look particularly good, and the things to do aren't all that interesting, and at times, frankly boring. In other words, more of the same. GTA is one of the most overrated series to ever exist. If it didn't have all the shock value, this series would've The reviewers are certainly right when they say the world is huge and there's lots to do. Shame the world doesn't look particularly good, and the things to do aren't all that interesting, and at times, frankly boring. In other words, more of the same. GTA is one of the most overrated series to ever exist. If it didn't have all the shock value, this series would've died out and been considered mediocre at best. Expand
  9. DannyD.
    Jan 13, 2005
    A step backwards, Vice City more colourful, interseting and compact. The story in San Andreas is awful. And where is Tommy!
  10. BuddyLee
    Feb 14, 2005
    I cant play this around my kid, he's two and i dont want him to hear this crap. [Ed: Yet you want us to hear it?] At first the language did not bother me, but the more i played it, the more it bothers me. I have traded it in so i can buy something (ANYTHING) else. other than the language, this game is better than GTA3, but not up there with Vice City.
  11. JamesN.
    Feb 7, 2005
    This game is a great game for children over the age of 18 it should not be given to children under age. this game is also a discrimantion of black people and the thats the reason for my low rating.
  12. TomA.
    Dec 22, 2004
    The GTA series is a grand series no doubt, but, and its a big but, why do all the games have to be excactly the same, instead of making the game better in general, they've just added more little things to do. The graphics are poor, and there are frame rate issues. If it's a game where you just want to go around shooting people fine, but the abbility to carry a gun around The GTA series is a grand series no doubt, but, and its a big but, why do all the games have to be excactly the same, instead of making the game better in general, they've just added more little things to do. The graphics are poor, and there are frame rate issues. If it's a game where you just want to go around shooting people fine, but the abbility to carry a gun around doesn't make a good game. If you want a game with guns get Halo 2, or if you want an RPG get KOTOR or Fable, or anything that is better than this heap of baggage. Expand
  13. Chimp
    Oct 26, 2004
    Not much new. 98? give me a friggin break.
  14. TommyV.
    Oct 27, 2004
    Not bad, not great. I've only had it for one day. This game is perfect for white kids who have low self esteem and feel they have to lash out at the world. Maybe Rockstar should introduce a child characture. It worked for Cosby. Still, the game looks slick for a PS2 offering.
  15. josuerocha
    Aug 11, 2009
    A good game, which has a good story and interesting, something good to explore ...

But ... What was to be perfect by their degree of realism, has become a horrible piece of puppet show, where people look stupid without emotion, without any charisma, to lose all the "life" in play "dead" ... Honestly, a cop show without enough capacity to bring something fun and sad to see (or play)

Honestly, a cop show without enough capacity to bring something fun and sad to see (or play) ... Also tired of me just happy using Cheat ... Too tired to look rough and ridiculous scenes that follow the course of San Andreas ...

This "wonderful" game could be VERY best of times, no doubt ...
  16. Dec 14, 2011
    This game was OK. I just thought it was a BIT too much hhmmmmmmmmm.........................................
  17. MickT.
    Nov 10, 2004
    I like this game but i realy wish i could play it on my xbox. it would just look so much prettier.
  18. JohnB.
    Oct 3, 2004
    It's allright. Not enough missions. Rockstar made too much hype for this game. Rent it before you buy it: it'll save you dozens.
  19. MichaelD.
    Nov 1, 2005
    Should be better! The AI cars are just shit, the graphics are not great, and once you have it complete, its really boring. I tried completing it the second time , but it was to dull. Lots of glitches too.
  20. TashB.
    Oct 25, 2006
    Its a great game but there is too much swearing in it and to many prostatutes plus the graphics ain't great.
  21. PhilM.
    May 15, 2008
    This game is a combination of both brilliant AND utterly horrible game design. The whole concept is amazing, and the dialogue is probably the most natural and well done in any game. The overall gameplay kicks ass no complaints. As soon as you hit the missions this is where this game pisses me off. And it's not just this, EVERY GTA game has the SAME problems which they NEVER want to This game is a combination of both brilliant AND utterly horrible game design. The whole concept is amazing, and the dialogue is probably the most natural and well done in any game. The overall gameplay kicks ass no complaints. As soon as you hit the missions this is where this game pisses me off. And it's not just this, EVERY GTA game has the SAME problems which they NEVER want to fix. It's annoying when you have to do a mission, like fly a remote controlled plane, to kill people which totally makes no sense when you could just drive up and shoot them. You can tell they've put it in to try and offer "dynamic gameplay" yet the control system on missions like these are horrible, not fun, plus it takes you like 5 minutes to drive to the mission again if you die. I never get frustrated with games, but the GTA series are the only games that manage to piss me off. I've also had annoying issues where once I dismounted off my motorbike and suddenly got 5 stars for it, no doubt i was killed and lost everything. Expand
  22. RyanH.
    Nov 18, 2004
    This game has pretty much the same missions as vice city.
  23. MR
    Nov 4, 2004
    To put it bluntly, I'm unimpressed. It must be pointed out *now* that I am not a fan of the GTA style- although, in comparison to the last two games, this one suits me much better. The graphics are a mixed bag (they don't seem to gel too well at times- comic book characters in a real world?) and the gameplay is the same as the others. If you liked GTA 3 and VC- this is a must To put it bluntly, I'm unimpressed. It must be pointed out *now* that I am not a fan of the GTA style- although, in comparison to the last two games, this one suits me much better. The graphics are a mixed bag (they don't seem to gel too well at times- comic book characters in a real world?) and the gameplay is the same as the others. If you liked GTA 3 and VC- this is a must have that you'll love. Be warned though- for the more finicky gamer, this isn't the pick up and play I thought it may have been. Expand
  24. MateusZ.
    Dec 4, 2004
    The excess of orange and the impossibility to disable the effect trails mine the game. But San Andreas is good and impresses for the size of the cities and the details of the agricultural regions.
  25. Buried-In-The-Box
    Oct 25, 2004
    I'm not sure what has gotten into IGN lately, but it looks like they are taking upon themselves to single handedly make all XBOX games look bad at the end of this year by GIVING PS2 games good scores that don't deserve them. I'm not worried aboout CCC or OPSM, as one of them is totally biased and the other isn't credible [Ed: huh??], you figure it out, but if IGN gives I'm not sure what has gotten into IGN lately, but it looks like they are taking upon themselves to single handedly make all XBOX games look bad at the end of this year by GIVING PS2 games good scores that don't deserve them. I'm not worried aboout CCC or OPSM, as one of them is totally biased and the other isn't credible [Ed: huh??], you figure it out, but if IGN gives Halo 2 less than a 9.9, it will look like a game that has been done 5 times before is totally better than a game that has only been done once before and is obviously gonna be better and played longer. I don't how Sony is getting to these reviewes, but I for one am sick of crappy games that haven't changed in years getting great scores and games that haven't been tried much before that have something new to give getting the boot. This game is no different from the last, so I guess every game from now on should get a 10 since anything that tries something different in their sequel should be considered better. Shame on all reviewers that give this game over an 8.5. Sequels that don't do anything different from their predecessor can't be scored higher than their earlier try. Expand
  26. DavidT.
    Oct 26, 2004
    Just not that impressed, I like Vice Vity alot better. The game just feels to slow, or maybe it has been a while since I played GTA VC , but the new game is just missing that certain bite !!
  27. Steve
    Oct 27, 2004
    Slower firing rate for all the guns, I really hate the new camera (that R thumbstick junk), the tank is now destructable and is impossible to aim, and the sunset look gets annoying.
  28. RyanMcKenzie
    Dec 22, 2008
    The graphics are terrible and two player is not fun, but it is a pretty good game overall. There is a lot of cursing in the game and some reviewers didn't like it but it doesn;t bother me. It wouldn't bother them either if they didn't depend on a Playstation to watch their kids.
  29. Nov 10, 2013
    There may are many things to do but nothing thinks to be finished trough. Many of the minigames are boring or/and annoying, the missions get boring and repetitive troughout the game and the story just unfolds one twist at the end. Still it is not a bad game, world is huge and the radio stations are awesome.
  30. Oct 13, 2011
    i think it is a pretty good game. I like the big enviroments but it is just not my cup of tea. I still play this time to time but im not very crazy about this game.

1. The amount of things to do in the cities of Los Santos, San Fierro, and Las Venturas is absolutely staggering... In my opinion there’s no excuse to not have a “save anywhere” feature included.
    San Andreas's chief advantage over "Vice City" is size. And for many players, that's good enough. But another group of fans will come to quietly understand that, at least for the time being, "Vice City" remains the high point of the GTA series.
    There's so much to do in this game that it's outside of my range of imagination to be able to picture me reaching a 100% complete. Unfathomable.