8.9

1. May 20, 2014
    The game's content defined glory to it's name; about a 100 mission's to beat with free roaming in a huge map with few loadings plus like 10 more mini games including a multi-player for the first time in the franchise. But the bad thing about the missions is that some of them are not memorable enough to play it again which is a downside from the negative reviews i see from the users. TheThe game's content defined glory to it's name; about a 100 mission's to beat with free roaming in a huge map with few loadings plus like 10 more mini games including a multi-player for the first time in the franchise. But the bad thing about the missions is that some of them are not memorable enough to play it again which is a downside from the negative reviews i see from the users. The coolest thing about the game it's controlling your gangs territory from other gangs until you wipe them all out I wish this was more implemented for the missions but it didn't. The graphics was close to perfect except the hand and mouth animation and the missing climbing animation but everything else is better than vice city except comedy. So I gave it a 8.8 out of 10. Expand
  2. ERB
    Jul 29, 2013
    This is far the best PS2 game I have ever played.
  3. Aug 1, 2013
    La mejor versión de GTA, por lejos. Emocionante, cambiante, tirante y divertida. Sobre la amistad, las traiciones, la vida del pandillero. Excelente!!
  4. Feb 4, 2014
    Mas de 100 niveles, por lo menos unas 60 horas, una ciudad fantastica, una historia que a pesar de no ser tan grandiosa como el Vice City, se recompensa con sus personajes, la gran variedad de opciones que te da el juego, es sin duda el GTA que marco un antes y un despues.
  5. Aug 10, 2013
    I'm shocked that anyone can give this game a negative score. I've been gaming since gaming began, and let me tell you, this is the best game ever created, a true masterpiece. Playing this over Christmas 2004 was my fondest ever gaming memory, it was just so so cool and a memory i will always treasure dearly. I still fire it up from time to time 9yrs on, it never gets old!
  6. Dec 2, 2014
    Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas is everything you want in a GTA game. Easily one of the best games of it's generation, and maybe even the generations to follow.
  7. Sep 30, 2013
    Really nice open world with a lot of side missions to partake in. This game has a great sound track and very good voice acting. If you haven't played it by now, do yourself and favor and pick it up and experience this game.
  8. Oct 5, 2013
    Good game. the missions can get bit repetative but other than that it is very good. there is lots to do. increase certain stats and you can fly planes.
  9. Oct 5, 2013
    sniff sniff... memories...
    you can do anything. You can be a gangsta. Be a terrorist. Be a psycho. Be a thief. Be ANYTHING.
    JUST FRIGGIN LOVE THIS GAME!!!!! AND YOU CAN REALLY SWIM!!!! YAY!!!!
  10. Oct 31, 2013
    this is absolutely one of the best games ever made for ps2,it is by far the biggest gta series game ever made so far and it's the biggest and better gta for ps2.
  11. Nov 10, 2013
    Really really fun...Hours after hours playing. I especially love those mini-games. Like finish the fireman task and get immunity to fire! Awesome! Like A GOD! :p
  12. Dec 26, 2013
    Another fun game from Rockstar. Unlike its predecessors, GTA: SA has new features and a larger map. You can exercise and date girls. This game includes 3 different cities with different things. This game is worth buying, and it is one of the greatest games of all time.
  13. May 16, 2014
    Didn't age well, and frankly always was overrated. Yes, it had a massive map, it was important that one could do so many things, all of this is true, but the story of grown men doing graffiti, riding bicycles (when you are told to), getting haircuts (when you are told to), the rough graphics and the pop up, the lame story (unless you're really into 90s rap culture, I guess)...I never couldDidn't age well, and frankly always was overrated. Yes, it had a massive map, it was important that one could do so many things, all of this is true, but the story of grown men doing graffiti, riding bicycles (when you are told to), getting haircuts (when you are told to), the rough graphics and the pop up, the lame story (unless you're really into 90s rap culture, I guess)...I never could get into it.
    It's a shame the story ruined what could have been a great game.
  14. Mar 24, 2014
    GTA:SA Is massive, there's so much content. The PS2 shouldn't have been able to run this game, Rockstar Games are wizards. The XBOX/PC version is probably better, but the PS2 being able to play this beast is more impressive.
  15. Sep 12, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I don't really hand out 10s, but this game deserves it.
    3 cities, (Los Santos, San Ferrio, and Las Vanterusas) really they really captured the state of California. And Rockstar Games did it in 13.9 square miles. That's small, however the destiny makes it feel massive. The drawn distance did really ruin the experience though. The gang mechanics were sort of spot on (Had it's flaws) but it's a game from 2004, so I'm not complaining. The customization was taken to the next level. No GTA so far has been able to match the customization of San Andreas. From weight lifting, to abilties, to gaining weight losing weight, to learning new fighting styles, to customizing your car, different types of clothing, etc. I would say the customization was the best part of the gang. It sets in 1992 Carl Johnson coming home from Liberty City, to bury his mother and no one really wanted him to be there really captured the moment. When his brother Sweet went to jail, and he was ran out of LOs Santos he went all over the state to get him out and kill Officer 10 penny, and his friends that betrayed him. It has it's cons, but that doesn't matter the games great.
  16. Jun 14, 2014
    Graphics aren't the best, but SA has features that othe r GTA:s don't have, like gang territory and gang wars. But it renders graphics really slow, like when you drive very fast and when you stop, or hit something. 9/10
  17. Jul 2, 2014
    GTA: San Andreas - Well, it is a long I played this game for the first time, yea, it's already 10 years. I completed this game 3 times(that's not much, but it's enough), I play this game even now sometimes, mostly multiplayer, so you probably already guess it's not a common game for me.
    It's the best game I have ever played.
    The story, the gameplay, the graphics, well I shouldn't talk
    It's the best game I have ever played.

The story, the gameplay, the graphics, well I shouldn't talk about the graphics since it's 10 years old game, but they are definitely not boring, everything's so clear and nice. Since it's an open-world game you may travel through cities, farms, forests, deserts, and you enjoy it again and again.

You are a bad gangster and you kill another bad gangsters, just what's the whole GTA series about. You will definitely enjoy the game even now.

10/10 Best Game EVER
  18. Jul 17, 2014
    Wow just wow....this game was probably the most legendary game of all time and the cheats were insanely fun I was STILL playing gta :San Andreas when GTA IV came out you can't say you've lived until you've played this game
  19. Sep 12, 2014
    Easily one of the best Grand Theft Auto games ever made, there are lots of fun things to do IN THE HOLE San Andreas area and who doesn't love the main character CJ, he is a gangster. But more of a down to earth gangster, and who doesn't like flying around in a Jet pack.
  20. Sep 25, 2014
    San Andreas is Grand Theft Auto at its best, the perfect combination of freedom in a huge open-world game, a story full of surprises and own characteristics, making it unique, a map perfectly portrayed and a fluid and frantic gameplay makes Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas a masterpice in the open-world genre and in between all genres, 10/10 isn't to much? Well, just analyse how San AndreasSan Andreas is Grand Theft Auto at its best, the perfect combination of freedom in a huge open-world game, a story full of surprises and own characteristics, making it unique, a map perfectly portrayed and a fluid and frantic gameplay makes Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas a masterpice in the open-world genre and in between all genres, 10/10 isn't to much? Well, just analyse how San Andreas is important for the gaming industry and then tell me, is 10/10 worth? I guess the answer is yes. Expand
  21. Oct 5, 2014
    He to me is one of the best games ever made! is perfect! a huge map to explore! a great story! rather that it is a game Sensational! A large amount of weapons! * - *, Good game? no, no, no, the game is not good, it is an AMAZING game!
  22. Oct 19, 2014
    Five years ago Carl Johnson escaped from the pressures of life in Los Santos, San Andreas... a city tearing itself apart with gang trouble, drugs and corruption. Where filmstars and millionaires do their best to avoid the dealers and gangbangers. Now, it's the early 90s. Carl's got to go home. His mother has been murdered, his family has fallen apart and his childhood friends are allFive years ago Carl Johnson escaped from the pressures of life in Los Santos, San Andreas... a city tearing itself apart with gang trouble, drugs and corruption. Where filmstars and millionaires do their best to avoid the dealers and gangbangers. Now, it's the early 90s. Carl's got to go home. His mother has been murdered, his family has fallen apart and his childhood friends are all heading towards disaster. On his return to the neighborhood, a couple of corrupt cops frame him for homicide. CJ is forced on a journey that takes him across the entire state of San Andreas, to save his family and to take control of the streets. Expand
  23. Nov 3, 2014
    This game gets a lot of praise from people purely because of its open world. Its open world is why people like it. And now the point is...Grand Theft Auto San Andreas is a bad game. It can be fun sure, but the game is designed very badly. This game is unfocused, which is a very bad thing.
    Gta has a very large story, missions built around these stories that you must do to unlock more of the open world...thats the game. Running around, jacking cars and shooting hookers is not the game. Sure you can do it but thats because the game is designed poorly. If this game was just story and nothing else this game would not have gotten a 95, maybe a 70 at best. If you like this game you like the open world and breaking the game with cheats. Thats another thing, if a developer puts cheats in their game pretty much confirms that they know themselves that the game isnt satisfying enough and need to add more stuff to keep you interested.
    San Andreas is very much like Gta 5 and suffers from the same problem. The story is not its strong point, its the open world and they dont work together unfortunately because the world is so unfocused and far from the missions that players just dont care for the story and end up cheating, resulting in a rebellious mood towards the game which is one of the worst things to have.
    Just Cause 2 is the perfect example of how to make Story, missions, open world and fun all work together. Gta does not do that well and the results are a messy, unfocused game with a huge open world that tricks you into thinking its a good game.
    Overall? Vice City is the best Gta to date, focused, simple and can still be fun. San Andreas and gta 5 are same. They can be fun sure but its not a good game.
  24. Nov 22, 2014
    okay... this game is so good!!! this was the first GTA Game i ever played. I never stopped loving this game i STILL love it!!! well... i can't really say anything else!!! i mean... we all know why this game is god-like and there's no point in me accentuate it any longer!!!
  25. Dec 11, 2014
    Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas is an open world action-adventure video game developed by Rockstar North and published by Rockstar Games. It was released on 26 October 2004 for the PlayStation 2 console, and on 7 June 2005 for Microsoft Windows and Xbox. It is the seventh title in the Grand Theft Auto series, and the first main entry since 2002's Grand Theft Auto: Vice City. It was releasedGrand Theft Auto: San Andreas is an open world action-adventure video game developed by Rockstar North and published by Rockstar Games. It was released on 26 October 2004 for the PlayStation 2 console, and on 7 June 2005 for Microsoft Windows and Xbox. It is the seventh title in the Grand Theft Auto series, and the first main entry since 2002's Grand Theft Auto: Vice City. It was released on the same day as the handheld game Grand Theft Auto Advance. Expand
  26. Jan 1, 2015
    This is the best GTA out of all of them, great story, great gameplay and still enjoyable 10 years later. A must have if you can get your hands on it.You play as CJ a small time gangster in a small time gang called grove street families. You have to play this a least once before you die it's a classic.
  27. Jan 5, 2015
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The best GTA game I`ve experienced after GTA 5. What sets it apart from other GTA games for me is the gang wars where you take over territories which provide a lot of entertainment outside of missions and the ability to customise vehicles and your character Expand
  28. May 11, 2015
  29. Apr 29, 2015
    There is no game that can represent today's social reality of Western civilization, as GTA San Andreas has been able to do. I remember very well when this game came out: everyone talked about it, everyone praised it, everyone wanted it, and everyone had it. Many players had appreciated San Andreas because you could do what you wanted and because it was full of cheats. I agree about theThere is no game that can represent today's social reality of Western civilization, as GTA San Andreas has been able to do. I remember very well when this game came out: everyone talked about it, everyone praised it, everyone wanted it, and everyone had it. Many players had appreciated San Andreas because you could do what you wanted and because it was full of cheats. I agree about the freedom the game give you, and yes, cheats were really beautiful and fun.

But what lies beneath San Andreas is something much deeper and bigger. The setting was magnificent, set in the fictional state of San Andreas. Not to mention the historical context of the early 90s (it was set in 1992), with a fantastic background of uses and costumes, such as music, vehicles, weapons and clothes of that time. The plot was magnificent, rich in actuality as gang warfare, drugs, corruption, shootouts, bank robberies and even more that slowly drag the player down to the slums of the 90s. Among other things, the plot was rooted upon real events as the "East Coast-West Coast hip hop rivalry" and the "Rampart scandal". Things that still today have their weight on culture and on contemporary history.

The gameplay of San Andreas was great: you could do whatever you wanted, right from the start. You could go where you wanted, and turn around the entire map, which was also quite large. You had to eat and drink, or you could go to the gym, or you could gamble, or you could have a girlfriend, or you could kill anyone you wanted also. You could change your clothes and also (and this is not possible in other GTA games) change your appearance, become leaner, more fat, more muscular. You could develop your skills with weapons or driving vehicles. Indeed, from a point of view of gameplay, San Andreas is the deeper and complete chapter of the entire serie, and it felt just like a real rpg-game.

The graphics of San Andreas was not as beautiful as God of War and Metal Gear Solid, however, was more than acceptable and some views as the one of Vinewood were really fascinating.

What else to say? Nothing, except that I recommend this game to anyone, and I consider him a true timeless masterpiece and an important legacy of the early 2000s. Many say that Grand Theft Auto is too violent or that it ruins young minds. I simply say that they should not criticize what they can not understand.
  30. Apr 16, 2015
    Also just cuzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz i can

1. The amount of things to do in the cities of Los Santos, San Fierro, and Las Venturas is absolutely staggering... In my opinion there’s no excuse to not have a “save anywhere” feature included.
    San Andreas's chief advantage over "Vice City" is size. And for many players, that's good enough. But another group of fans will come to quietly understand that, at least for the time being, "Vice City" remains the high point of the GTA series.
    There's so much to do in this game that it's outside of my range of imagination to be able to picture me reaching a 100% complete. Unfathomable.