9.0

1. SabinoS.
    Jan 29, 2005
    I like this game beacuse i like killing.
  2. Dante
    Jun 1, 2005
    This is actually the first gta i played - i just wanted to see what all the hype was about - i AM a gamer - perhaps old school - buts thats what make gta:sa all the more impressive. its a classic game and no amount of review copy would do it just - there just arent enough adjectives to mtch the depth of gameplay in the this awsome entertainment package. if you have any type of gamingThis is actually the first gta i played - i just wanted to see what all the hype was about - i AM a gamer - perhaps old school - buts thats what make gta:sa all the more impressive. its a classic game and no amount of review copy would do it just - there just arent enough adjectives to mtch the depth of gameplay in the this awsome entertainment package. if you have any type of gaming console that would support this game - get gta:sa and you will own a defining game of our time - how can a game with such mediocre graphics dominate the PS2? simple - its an incredible game - everything to do and forever to do it. a masterpiece. Expand
  3. JakeW.
    Dec 11, 2004
    Dude I play this game all the f...ing time!! I love the fact that you can have girlfriends and all that sh.t! It f...ing rules!!!
  4. Jun 12, 2011
    San Andreas stepped away from GTA III and Vice City by actually focusing on the gameplay much more that previous titles. The rpg elements added also keep the game fresh compared previous titles. I didn't really care for the story at all, and the ghetto setting is much worse than Vice City's to me... but GTA has never been about plot to me, so that doesn't really take anything away fromSan Andreas stepped away from GTA III and Vice City by actually focusing on the gameplay much more that previous titles. The rpg elements added also keep the game fresh compared previous titles. I didn't really care for the story at all, and the ghetto setting is much worse than Vice City's to me... but GTA has never been about plot to me, so that doesn't really take anything away from the game. I give it a 10 compared to other Grand Theft Autos, and an 8 against everything else. Its a fun game. Expand
  5. Nov 21, 2012
    San Andreas is a good game, there's no doubt about it. But it was a re-used formula which was becoming outdated. All you haters can be repulsed by GTA IV's realism and actual meaning, but San Andreas' shallow Ganglang message is no comparison. Its poor physics and odd characters are so unreal that it really can take you out of the game - but Vice City was still good. There's a differenceSan Andreas is a good game, there's no doubt about it. But it was a re-used formula which was becoming outdated. All you haters can be repulsed by GTA IV's realism and actual meaning, but San Andreas' shallow Ganglang message is no comparison. Its poor physics and odd characters are so unreal that it really can take you out of the game - but Vice City was still good. There's a difference between outright Saints Row-esque stupidity and crazy fun which has its limits. Expand
  6. Jul 5, 2013
    It's the best game in the series, there are lots of activities to do, though CJ is not as convincing as Niko, San Andreas proves to be better than GTA IV. A fascinating story with three huge cities and vast rural areas, solid gameplay, variety of vehicles and transportation, the player can travel on foot, by car or by plane and by boat. Immense missions that are not repetitive andIt's the best game in the series, there are lots of activities to do, though CJ is not as convincing as Niko, San Andreas proves to be better than GTA IV. A fascinating story with three huge cities and vast rural areas, solid gameplay, variety of vehicles and transportation, the player can travel on foot, by car or by plane and by boat. Immense missions that are not repetitive and impressive cast with excellent graphics for the PS2, and a spectacular voice acting. San Andreas is one of the greatest games of its generation. Expand
  7. Dec 13, 2013
    Well,what can i say about this game
    ITS F***ing Amazing!!
    the plot is awesome,the gameplay is ok
    the graphics are...meh,they could be better
    but the world of san andreas was impressive in his moment
    San Andreas Rules!!
  8. Mar 14, 2012
    This is the best GTA game so far and no other has beat it. I love this game, and it loves me back. We like to cuddle and touch each other in the wrong places, we smell each others bawls, we suck each other, OMG! But really, this games awesome.
  9. VincentV.
    May 5, 2005
    The best game ever made...until the sequel.
  10. DanB.
    Mar 1, 2006
    the game works best if you just forget the story and make up your own objectives and play it for the free roaming beauty it is, cool cars, you can get a tattoo but not enough clothes.
  11. DonkeyKongX
    Oct 26, 2004
    I HIGHLY DOUBT GTA SAN ANDREAS IS BETTER THAN HALF LIFE 2, THAT IS IMPOSSIBLE, GTA VC got boring after like 2 months, Because it was just the same as GTA III, and GTA SA WILL BE BETTER ON PC, AND HALF LIFE 2, HALO 2, F.E.A.R., S.T.A.L.K.E.R., AND FAR CRY ARE SO MUCH BETTER THAN GTA!
  12. PaulC.
    Nov 4, 2004
    WOW!
  13. CarlosG.
    Feb 19, 2005
    The best game ever putos !
  14. RickoL.
    Feb 22, 2005
    Wow! This is mint!
  15. ApocalypseB.
    Oct 28, 2006
    There are many reasons to like/dislike a game. Reasons to dislike this range from being quirky to inhumane morals! Some gamers prefered Gta3 over Vice city as they were emotionally attached to that game. And indeed some prefered Vice city over San Andreas for the same reason. Fair enough, but when some hate this game because the main character is black, that is totally brain-dead! There are many reasons to like/dislike a game. Reasons to dislike this range from being quirky to inhumane morals! Some gamers prefered Gta3 over Vice city as they were emotionally attached to that game. And indeed some prefered Vice city over San Andreas for the same reason. Fair enough, but when some hate this game because the main character is black, that is totally brain-dead! Personally i think this is the best Gta ever made! It has the perfect formula for a sand box game and the play area is absolutely MASSIVE! The terrible voice acting and average graphics are annoying (maybe get actual black people to voice-act?), but the humour is back in effect, which went array in Vice City. Although I can relate to Vice City more (being an eighties man) and is still one of my favourite games of all time. There is no arguement that San Andreas is by far the more advanced and enjoyable game by the sheer weight of things to do! But two player is rubbish! Expand
  16. LordVader
    Oct 28, 2004
    Awesome game, this is easily the best of the GTA games, excellent graphic and fantastic playability but what's with trashing the Xbox? The game is coming to that console as well so what's the big deal? I think some people need to grow up abit.
  17. SidE.
    Nov 1, 2004
    The best game there is out! i cant wait to see what rockstar can conjure up next. Right when you think it can get any better they suprise us again. congratulations its another victory for rockstar!!!!
  18. Kevin
    Oct 26, 2004
    Excellent! The best game in the series and the main character is finally cool unlike Tommy.
  19. CurtisS.
    Feb 19, 2005
    GTA san andreas is the BEST game in tha world. It is so realistic to the real freakin world!!! I rate it 10!
  20. AlexS.
    Feb 9, 2005
    Very great game.....it was everything I expected.
  21. KurtisH.
    Aug 6, 2006
    i think this game is really good but the problem is that the grhpics arnt that good compared to like vice city and everythign but over all its a really good game.
  22. someguy
    Aug 2, 2007
    It adds a ton of features but doesn't really change the overall gameplay.
  23. DanS.
    Nov 20, 2004
    This is the most amazing thing i have ever played. gta san andreas has set a standard for all rpgs and any game for that matter. san andreas has changed the whole video game world and lets you interact with almost anything you can think of.
  24. 64J.
    Nov 23, 2004
    Amazing...
  27. AaronT.
    Nov 23, 2004
    If only some of the movie sequels could evolve as well as the entire GTA series has. The most enjoyable gaming experience I have had since the original Mario Bros. on the NES.
  28. StephenM.
    Nov 2, 2004
    IT it brill, im glued to my ps2 nearly all day, the only time i cum off is for the toliet, food and for the p.c, o yer, also for school.
  29. KarlK.
    Oct 13, 2004
    It looks awesome although this is coming froma diehard rockstar fan but still the fact that you can swim opens up so many new possibilities and being able to change the look of your person makes it awesome too.
  30. JimB.
    Oct 14, 2004
    It's TIGHT!

#1 Most Discussed PS2 Game of 2004
#1 Most Shared PS2 Game of 2004

1. The amount of things to do in the cities of Los Santos, San Fierro, and Las Venturas is absolutely staggering... In my opinion there’s no excuse to not have a “save anywhere” feature included.
    San Andreas's chief advantage over "Vice City" is size. And for many players, that's good enough. But another group of fans will come to quietly understand that, at least for the time being, "Vice City" remains the high point of the GTA series.
    There's so much to do in this game that it's outside of my range of imagination to be able to picture me reaching a 100% complete. Unfathomable.