8.9

1. Kewkat
    Jan 25, 2007
    Remember to drive safely without hitting any cop car, and just in case the clerks don't see "eye to eye" have a plan to visit the pay and spray after your job is done. This should keep those pesky stars off your back while you rob the store of every San Andreas they have, and take them home so you'll be the owner of MANY greatest games of all time.
  2. DeondreJ.
    Mar 21, 2007
    It's fun. Has better cars, better weapons and characters look better. You get to do more in here than Vice City.
  3. DereckD.
    Mar 8, 2008
    Played and replayed and played again. PC mods make this infinitely re playable.
  4. JoshS.
    Nov 1, 2004
    This is the best gta game since GTA III I agree with Mark m in stating that anyone who says this game sucks needs to stop playing action rpg this game is awsome.
  5. BladeM.
    Nov 1, 2004
    Very expansive enviroment, lacks some semi-realism, but, who can complain? -2 player mode is quite poor -keeping players stats up can become a chore -amount of different traffic seems to have at least doubled -customization is very cool -games storyboard is spectacular.
  6. MichaelP.
    Nov 10, 2004
    Kickass game to cool makes it feel like your actuallythere killing, robbing, and working for the mafia.
  7. Mr.Anderson
    Nov 1, 2004
    This is still a good gta game, but it is too long. [Ed: Huh? Really sucks to get your money's worth, doesn't it?] Everything has improved again. You still do the same thing which is fine but i wish you could do some thing other than just missions and killing. Also why in the world are people coparing this game to halo 2? Come on ya can't. People are going to be mad at me This is still a good gta game, but it is too long. [Ed: Huh? Really sucks to get your money's worth, doesn't it?] Everything has improved again. You still do the same thing which is fine but i wish you could do some thing other than just missions and killing. Also why in the world are people coparing this game to halo 2? Come on ya can't. People are going to be mad at me but it is a first person shooter and what is this an adventure. Anyway in my opinion halo 2 will be better than ANY game in the market. So i do recommend this game to any ps2 holder it is a must have. But people STOP comparing other games when you don't know how good they are. Expand
  8. TimS.
    Nov 1, 2004
    The best video game ever produced! Period.
  9. Flydude
    Nov 10, 2004
    This is the most g'd up game ever dawg its of the hizzle fo shizzle.
  10. FilipeS.
    Nov 11, 2004
    This is the best game of all my life!
  11. MichaelV.
    Nov 12, 2004
    Man to all your losers complaining about the game i think this is the best GTA game that has come out yet. It deserves a ten but the only downside to this game is that its soooo big. oh yea!
  12. JoeM.
    Nov 1, 2004
    I do not own this game yet but I have played it at my friends house and it is the best game ever blows driv3r out of the water and way outstrips vice city.
  13. JigganisZig
    Oct 10, 2004
    I too think this game will be perfect, but i also think that there's a slight off-chance that with all the new changes that it could be different enough to make it not-so-good. Here is to hoping. i wish i could get it the day it comes... but im 12. cant buy GTA.
  14. MarkM.
    Nov 1, 2004
    Anyone who rates this game lower than a 9 either: a.) has not played the other games in the series; b.) has not played this one enough to see the HUGE differences R* has added; c.) is an Xbox homer who has no business rating this game to begin with; and/or d.) is a blithering idiot. There have been numerous changes to this game -- instead of just doing mission after mission, you actually Anyone who rates this game lower than a 9 either: a.) has not played the other games in the series; b.) has not played this one enough to see the HUGE differences R* has added; c.) is an Xbox homer who has no business rating this game to begin with; and/or d.) is a blithering idiot. There have been numerous changes to this game -- instead of just doing mission after mission, you actually have to earn your skills ... there are a TON of odd jobs and mini games ... and the city is so huge as to be ridiculous. Those that think it's the same old, same old, have to be clueless -- it's not anywhere close to GTA3 or VC in terms of gameplay. All in all, perhaps the defining moment of the PS2, just as Halo2 will be for the Xbox. Expand
  15. AndrewD.
    Nov 2, 2004
    I am only 3% done the game, and it is already obvious how great it is! I am taking my time too, since just plain cruising around is fun too! And doing side missions too. Not to forget new to GTA:SA, is keeping your character Carl Johnson in shape. Going to the gym to exercise and build muscle, biking and swimming to build stamina as well to avoid getting fat from driving all the time! I am only 3% done the game, and it is already obvious how great it is! I am taking my time too, since just plain cruising around is fun too! And doing side missions too. Not to forget new to GTA:SA, is keeping your character Carl Johnson in shape. Going to the gym to exercise and build muscle, biking and swimming to build stamina as well to avoid getting fat from driving all the time! Americans as a whole should take note! The swimming means driving into water isn't instant death, get out and swim to land, and even swim underwater to find oysters, which I found one. This game has great hills too, unlike Vice City for the most part, and countryside for off road driving! A few side games so far include off track betting, mini arcdade games, a dance dance revolution parody, and a mini basketball game, similar to the mini games from Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 4. Did I mention I am only 3% done, there are still umpteen more missions, 2 parts of the map to unlock, more features, like suping up cars. I for the most part avoided reviews, and information about it to go in fresh, and that way, there is more to look forward to, and be excited about! Expand
  16. MilesN.
    Nov 20, 2004
    What is wrong with you people???? An 8.6 overall??? this is the best consloe game to eer hit store shelves!
  17. DaveW.
    Nov 2, 2004
    Best of the series. fresh game.
  18. KenL.
    Nov 22, 2004
    This is the best gta game ever there is so much freedom and i know that this game deserves higher then an 8.6 average.
  19. MikeToreno
    Nov 22, 2004
    This is by far the best video game ever made and anyone who doesn't agree with me can go... "Best video game ever!"
  20. Bobness
    Oct 12, 2004
    B-E-A-UTIFUL!
  21. Rinazzle
    Nov 2, 2004
    Words hardly do justice to just how good this game is. The sheer playability blows the pants over literally any other form of digital entertainment. Period.
  22. JasonF.
    Nov 26, 2004
    I almost lost my job because of this game. it is the best ps2 game i have ever played.
  23. KyleW.
    Nov 2, 2004
    This one blows the other two grand theft autos away. The size of the game and the multiple range of vehicles is unbeleivable. It takes every aspect of everyday life and makes you control CJ's lfe and how he looks and dresses.
  24. KaiserSoze
    Nov 2, 2004
    I'm one of those people who this game evidently won't appeal to because I'm 35. Hello? We were the first generation to grow up on videogames and a prime demographic. My friends and I have killed about 50,000 people on GTA3 and VC. Those who rate the game lower than an 8 haven't played it, haven't played it long enough or are X-Box fetishists. The graphics I'm one of those people who this game evidently won't appeal to because I'm 35. Hello? We were the first generation to grow up on videogames and a prime demographic. My friends and I have killed about 50,000 people on GTA3 and VC. Those who rate the game lower than an 8 haven't played it, haven't played it long enough or are X-Box fetishists. The graphics aren't perfect, but there are limits to the PS2 and the gameplay more than makes up for it. The size and seamlessness is better than any other game on PS2. I still have no idea how they did away with any load times. The missions are outstanding and the game gets much more fun as you progress. You'll be amazed at how much detail has been given to everything, including the countryside, casinos, OTB, working out, getting tattoos and haircuts, controlling your gang, car customization, mission design, etc. There's almost nothing you can't do. The game is just massive. It takes a LONG time to get from one city to another unless you have a plane. Stop yer whining and go buy the thing, even if you have to grow some balls and buy a PS2. They're cheap now. Expand
  25. ChadJB.
    Nov 3, 2004
    I have seen the face of God and it is San Andreas.
  26. KatieN.
    Fantastic.
  27. VictorG.
    Nov 3, 2004
    I love this game but i give it a nine cause of the fact that we dont have the option 2 make are character white or black. sorry but i would like it 2 look like me or at least my skin color. maybe next game we can creat are character from scratch like in the sims. other than that the game rocks!!!!
  28. ChrisA.K.A.SmokeyFattahi
    Nov 4, 2004
    This game iz tha best one yet...... It iz cuz it dont bleeep out tha cuss wordz like Vice City.. It got hood people nood little rich crakerz.. And u ride bikes got tha finest muzic frum Dre to Snoop.. And Having two player girl friend action iz da stuff.
  29. JuliusD.
    Nov 4, 2004
    Victor G. - Could we make Tommy Verscetti black? And are white and black the only 2 ethnicities out there? You need to get schooled, son -- and not in Alabama. The game is a bigger and badder evolution of the tried-and-true digital playground that R* has been providing us with since GTAIII. Saying any more would be useless since the professional reviews can't help but mimic each Victor G. - Could we make Tommy Verscetti black? And are white and black the only 2 ethnicities out there? You need to get schooled, son -- and not in Alabama. The game is a bigger and badder evolution of the tried-and-true digital playground that R* has been providing us with since GTAIII. Saying any more would be useless since the professional reviews can't help but mimic each other in their praise for this title (as well as its flaws.) Expand
  30. JuliusP.
    Nov 4, 2004
    This is the best game ever and I can't wait to the next game comes out. I know that it will probably come out when the ps3 is release.

1. The amount of things to do in the cities of Los Santos, San Fierro, and Las Venturas is absolutely staggering... In my opinion there’s no excuse to not have a “save anywhere” feature included.
    San Andreas's chief advantage over "Vice City" is size. And for many players, that's good enough. But another group of fans will come to quietly understand that, at least for the time being, "Vice City" remains the high point of the GTA series.
    There's so much to do in this game that it's outside of my range of imagination to be able to picture me reaching a 100% complete. Unfathomable.