8.9

1. Bolo
    Dec 5, 2004
    This game is really fun... u can swim !
  2. MuratN.
    Nov 16, 2004
    Words can't describe how class this game is. Rockstar's done a great job. Looking foward to the next gta already!!
  3. TJ
    Nov 3, 2004
    Who Ever Made This Game They Need To Make A Grand Theft Auto San Andreas 2
  4. Carl
    Oct 30, 2004
    GTA San Andreas is the best GTA I've ever played and i played all GTAs except GTA london and the new feature like fat stamina and muscle are very cool and finally u can SWIM this is the coolest new feature in GTA San Andreas i think.
  5. Carl
    Oct 30, 2004
  6. JJJames
    Mar 3, 2005
    The best game ever.
  7. KyleK.
    Nov 2, 2004
    WHAT THE! Im blown away at how there is so many things to do and it's long. This is way better than GTA 3 So what the hell are the metacritic people doin, 96 score c'mon its way better than gta 3 anyway u do ur stupid calculations but san andreas is the best. I know y u put GTA 3 so high because it was a new "revolution" in the GTA series. But again i say it's the best in WHAT THE! Im blown away at how there is so many things to do and it's long. This is way better than GTA 3 So what the hell are the metacritic people doin, 96 score c'mon its way better than gta 3 anyway u do ur stupid calculations but san andreas is the best. I know y u put GTA 3 so high because it was a new "revolution" in the GTA series. But again i say it's the best in its genre. Wicked game. Expand
  8. PaulC.
    Feb 6, 2005
    WOW!
  9. JackD.
    Jul 6, 2005
    This was the best game I ever played!
  10. AlexanderH.
    Jul 20, 2006
    I think this is one of the most brilliantly precieved games ever thought of, and one of the best games I have ever played. DOT. There is absolutly no way you can not love, or at least, like, the abiltiy to chooose and do whatever you please whenever you want., including the missions. GTA:Vice City was good. GTA3 was great. (yeah, I thought GTA3 was better than Vice City) This game is I think this is one of the most brilliantly precieved games ever thought of, and one of the best games I have ever played. DOT. There is absolutly no way you can not love, or at least, like, the abiltiy to chooose and do whatever you please whenever you want., including the missions. GTA:Vice City was good. GTA3 was great. (yeah, I thought GTA3 was better than Vice City) This game is unbelievable on all levels. And you have to admit, there is a little control freak in all of us! Expand
  11. JasonM.
    Nov 1, 2004
    IT ROCKS.
  12. BenJ.
    Nov 5, 2004
    I was bitterly disappointed with Vice City; it struck me as a carbon copy of GTA3 but with a few, rather bland, bells of whistles attached. However this is game is just amazing - I've played for four hours and only bothered to play 4 missions, the rest of the time I've been soaking up everything else there is to do...and I've only tackled a fifth of the overall map! A I was bitterly disappointed with Vice City; it struck me as a carbon copy of GTA3 but with a few, rather bland, bells of whistles attached. However this is game is just amazing - I've played for four hours and only bothered to play 4 missions, the rest of the time I've been soaking up everything else there is to do...and I've only tackled a fifth of the overall map! A staggering game and top marks to Rock Star....you are all fantastic! Expand
  13. BoomerSooner
    Oct 27, 2004
    Anyone that gives this a low score doesn't know what they're talking about. It's better than a 98...X-Box fans can go play Halo, their only game, and be jealous of this incredible game.
  14. TaylorC.
    Feb 6, 2005
    Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas is by far the greatest game ever made. If you don't have a copy, I ORDER you to get one. Now!
  15. SteveL.
    Nov 4, 2004
    Amazing.... just amazing, the size of the game blows my mind, the missions are fun, and the things to do are endless.
  16. EasyE
    THIS GAME IS DA SH.T!
  17. Elliott
    Oct 27, 2004
    Plenty of new stuff, it's actually overwhelming how great this game is.
  18. Aug 22, 2010
    In an overall fantastic game. GTA: SA puts you in the shoes of Carl Johnson (CJ) as he looks to make a name for himself in the state of San Andreas (based on parts of California and Nevada). The graphics are good, the storyline is epic, with 20+ hours of storyline missions, not to mention side missions, games, races, exploring, having fun, etc., etc., etc. GTA: SA has a little somethingIn an overall fantastic game. GTA: SA puts you in the shoes of Carl Johnson (CJ) as he looks to make a name for himself in the state of San Andreas (based on parts of California and Nevada). The graphics are good, the storyline is epic, with 20+ hours of storyline missions, not to mention side missions, games, races, exploring, having fun, etc., etc., etc. GTA: SA has a little something for everyone (over the age of 17), and it's a fantastic game. One of the most fun that I've ever played. This is like every preceding GTA on steroids, with voice talent including the likes of Samuel L. Jackson, Ice-T, Peter Fonda, and James Woods. The plot is fantastic, and one of the best in video game history. It's a better plot than any preceding GTA, and any one following it, including IV. Hey, the 20 million people who bought this can't be wrong, right? A masterpiece from all accounts. Expand
  19. Nov 25, 2011
    Missions, side missions, taxi missions, paramedic missions, vigilante missions, freighting, courier missions, tags to spray, snapshots to take, horseshoes to find, oysters to find, gang territories, shops, unique jumps, clothing choices, gym workouts, girlfriends, guns, safehouses, casinos, a HUGE map, and, of course, whatever the heck you want!! My favorite video game of all time, by far...
  20. Jun 19, 2013
    Wonderful game from start to finish. Great characters, story, controls, graphics, everything about this game is wonderful. Easily the best game ever made on the PS2. Wish Rockstart would up the graphics to release on PSN, but again, best game ever made on PS2.
  21. Jun 19, 2013
    This game is perfection and my favorite ps2 game. The multiplayer, the free roam and the story made me spent so many hours of fun in this game, and now i still play it and love it. You could do everything like doing a tattoo or changing your hair style. Having a gang and the cheat codes where also some of the factors for this perfect game. How to describe this game by words, good actionThis game is perfection and my favorite ps2 game. The multiplayer, the free roam and the story made me spent so many hours of fun in this game, and now i still play it and love it. You could do everything like doing a tattoo or changing your hair style. Having a gang and the cheat codes where also some of the factors for this perfect game. How to describe this game by words, good action and great gameplay made this so fun and enjoyable to play to everyone and it's easy to see why everyone love this GTA game in particular. The city was so big and interesting to explore and you just couldn't get enough of it! Expand
  22. May 16, 2013
    One of my favourite games.Very fun to drive around and explore since the map is so large. The voice acting story and soundtrack are good However, the shooting mechanics are the worst I have ever seen. It's almost impossible to hit someone.best gta game ever.
  23. Apr 22, 2013
    This game in my opinion is R* BEST WORK. The amount of things you can do in this game is phenomenal. There is just so much replay value in this game. If tired of missions, ride in a tank blowing stuff up. Tired of riding tanks, take to the air.

R* has taken the best of GTA3 and VC to make one of the best games of all time.
  24. Jun 5, 2013
    Not only the, besT PS 2 game. Its the best gamr ever. Gta iv was a setback. San andreas is gonna be remember forever.....foreals no Denning it..best story in gta
  25. Jul 6, 2013
    GTA San Andreas is a masterpiece, I can easily say it is the best game I have ever played. If you have not played this game you must try it. Below I list why I would highly recommend this game.

Story: This game has a huge and interesting story with excellent voice acting from some famous actors It also has great humour and shocking plot twists. Music: The music selection is excellent

Music: The music selection is excellent with amazing music from all genres but specificity 90s gangster rap.

Gameplay: This is the biggest reason San Andreas is so highly rated, you will never get bored because the story missions never feel repetitive or boring and it includes a huge list of side activities which I cannot list in this review because their is just too much content in this game.
  26. Sep 29, 2013
    Lo inmejorable ha sido mejorado en este increíble y un de mis juegos favoritos de todos los tiempos y de muchos también: "Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas" es uno de los videojuegos más impresionantes de todos los tiempos, Rockstar se lució como ninguna otra compañía: gráficos mejorados e impresionantes, mejor jugabilidad, impresionante mapa (que es gigante) y puedes hacer cualquier variedadLo inmejorable ha sido mejorado en este increíble y un de mis juegos favoritos de todos los tiempos y de muchos también: "Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas" es uno de los videojuegos más impresionantes de todos los tiempos, Rockstar se lució como ninguna otra compañía: gráficos mejorados e impresionantes, mejor jugabilidad, impresionante mapa (que es gigante) y puedes hacer cualquier variedad en ese estado que abarca Los Santos, San Fierro y Las Venturas. San Andreas es pura pasión y llorarás de la majestuosidad de este tan deseado videojuego. Expand
  27. Jun 1, 2014
    I´ve been playing this game since it came out (and this is 2014), and guess what? Still playing it. The game is a legend. Even some books (all kind of) refers to them. This game is a game, that probably started the (WHOLE) thing with being interested in making RPG Games like this. Everytime im playing this, im always think "Sigh.. Where are all the good GTA Games like this anymore?" AndI´ve been playing this game since it came out (and this is 2014), and guess what? Still playing it. The game is a legend. Even some books (all kind of) refers to them. This game is a game, that probably started the (WHOLE) thing with being interested in making RPG Games like this. Everytime im playing this, im always think "Sigh.. Where are all the good GTA Games like this anymore?" And this game, even if it´s 10 years old, it still beats GTA V. Expand
  28. Jul 24, 2014
    The best game on the Playstation 2 for me, a all time classic and a very special memory of my childhood, sure the graphics look dated now and there are probably some flaws in game but at the time it was special, it was brilliant and it made the way for all the great games to follow, and one thing is for sure, the grand theft auto series wouldnt be as good as it is now without San andreas.
  29. Nov 25, 2010
    This is one of my favourite games of all time, it really capture los angeles and the california area i reckon, the gameplay was awesome and the story surpasses any other game made during its time, 10/10 yes, grove street for life.
  30. JamesD.
    Jan 28, 2010
    If San Andreas has made one thing clear, it is that the GTA experience can be enormous. The locations, the characters, the variety, it all makes for a game which is so awe inspiring and entertaining that putting it down is extremely difficult. I can't believe the arrogance of some of these user critics and the NY times. What on earth are you guys saying, are you trying to diss a game If San Andreas has made one thing clear, it is that the GTA experience can be enormous. The locations, the characters, the variety, it all makes for a game which is so awe inspiring and entertaining that putting it down is extremely difficult. I can't believe the arrogance of some of these user critics and the NY times. What on earth are you guys saying, are you trying to diss a game to try and be different from the popular view? Did the New York Times not receive their bribe? Truth and honest says to me that this game is completely defined with one of the best games I have ever played Expand
  31. Jul 6, 2013

1. The amount of things to do in the cities of Los Santos, San Fierro, and Las Venturas is absolutely staggering... In my opinion there’s no excuse to not have a “save anywhere” feature included.
    San Andreas's chief advantage over "Vice City" is size. And for many players, that's good enough. But another group of fans will come to quietly understand that, at least for the time being, "Vice City" remains the high point of the GTA series.
    There's so much to do in this game that it's outside of my range of imagination to be able to picture me reaching a 100% complete. Unfathomable.