9.0

1. TJ
    Who Ever Made This Game They Need To Make A Grand Theft Auto San Andreas 2
  2. CarlM.
    Nov 3, 2004
    I love this game,but one thing that you's should do is make it a two player game i know you have but its not a split screen and you can't do anything like eat, go shopping etc. but this game is cool and i think that you should make it a bit like the sims you should be able to run a house and ask your gansters to move in with you.
  3. MarcH.
    Nov 22, 2004
    Unbelievable. by far the best game ever made!!
  4. KyleW.
    Nov 2, 2004
    This one blows the other two grand theft autos away. The size of the game and the multiple range of vehicles is unbeleivable. It takes every aspect of everyday life and makes you control CJ's lfe and how he looks and dresses.
  5. ChrisA.K.A.SmokeyFattahi
    Nov 4, 2004
    This game iz tha best one yet...... It iz cuz it dont bleeep out tha cuss wordz like Vice City.. It got hood people nood little rich crakerz.. And u ride bikes got tha finest muzic frum Dre to Snoop.. And Having two player girl friend action iz da stuff.
  6. PaulC.
    WOW!
  7. JuliusD.
    Nov 4, 2004
    Victor G. - Could we make Tommy Verscetti black? And are white and black the only 2 ethnicities out there? You need to get schooled, son -- and not in Alabama. The game is a bigger and badder evolution of the tried-and-true digital playground that R* has been providing us with since GTAIII. Saying any more would be useless since the professional reviews can't help but mimic each Victor G. - Could we make Tommy Verscetti black? And are white and black the only 2 ethnicities out there? You need to get schooled, son -- and not in Alabama. The game is a bigger and badder evolution of the tried-and-true digital playground that R* has been providing us with since GTAIII. Saying any more would be useless since the professional reviews can't help but mimic each other in their praise for this title (as well as its flaws.) Expand
  8. JohnnyW.
    Nov 16, 2004
    The best (and when i say best, i mean only decent) game on the PS2. Nothing the PS2 has even comes close to this. PS2 sucks, but I gotta give props to it for this. Finally a reason to play the damn thing.
  9. P.G.
    Nov 16, 2004
    It is fantastic i loved it rockstar havemade another masterpiece my favorite thing about the game is the amount of freedom and real life things you have to do like eat and work out so i rate this game 10 (higher if it was possoble).
  10. MuratN.
    Nov 16, 2004
    Words can't describe how class this game is. Rockstar's done a great job. Looking foward to the next gta already!!
  11. MrPennywise
    Oct 31, 2004
    Yeah, GTA is back on track and it is bigger and better than every GTA before.
  12. AaronT.
    Nov 23, 2004
    If only some of the movie sequels could evolve as well as the entire GTA series has. The most enjoyable gaming experience I have had since the original Mario Bros. on the NES.
  13. RomanS.
    Amazing...
  14. ChrisB.
    This game kicks ass!!!
  15. MikeToreno
    Nov 22, 2004
    This is by far the best video game ever made and anyone who doesn't agree with me can go... "Best video game ever!"
  16. KenL.
    Nov 22, 2004
    This is the best gta game ever there is so much freedom and i know that this game deserves higher then an 8.6 average.
  17. JoshS.
    Nov 1, 2004
    This is the best gta game since GTA III I agree with Mark m in stating that anyone who says this game sucks needs to stop playing action rpg this game is awsome.
  18. SteveL.
    Nov 4, 2004
    Amazing.... just amazing, the size of the game blows my mind, the missions are fun, and the things to do are endless.
  19. KeithM.
    Nov 21, 2004
    The best game i have ever played, a few graphical errors, and glitches but that doesn't stop the fun, never gets old!
  20. DjA.
    Oct 30, 2004
    What with people who don't like this game I oculdn't ask for anything more. At first I was disappoited until got farther in the game then I realized all the sh.t this game has...it's awesome.
  21. FredH.
    Oct 30, 2004
    For those of you that are saying this game is not great because it is the same kind of game as it's predecessors, listen up: All sequels are the same kind of game as it's predecessors! What else do you want in it? Pokemon and Aliens?!
  22. Bigmacwithfries
    Nov 7, 2004
    You can go to the gym, watch the phisical appearance of you character improve with exercise, go shopping 4 clothes and gear, have sex, go to get somthing to eat, have a girlfriend, swim, Get tattoed, Absolute freedom in the GTA universe is priceless. You can wander the city for hours without playing a single game mission, and still nave tons of fun finding lots of things 2 do, You can go to the gym, watch the phisical appearance of you character improve with exercise, go shopping 4 clothes and gear, have sex, go to get somthing to eat, have a girlfriend, swim, Get tattoed, Absolute freedom in the GTA universe is priceless. You can wander the city for hours without playing a single game mission, and still nave tons of fun finding lots of things 2 do, gettin' into trouble, shooting gangs, i mean, This game is life itself, Best game ever. Period Expand
  23. MichaelM.
    Nov 24, 2004
    A very interesting game.
  24. ZhazadI.
    Nov 29, 2004
    i lost my wife over this game!
  25. AlexK.
    Nov 28, 2004
    This Game will take you out of your seat and make you stand up. When you play no matter where you are you get an adrenaline rush.
  26. RaviorC.
    Nov 29, 2004
    FINALLY!! A game where you can make all the moves... No more boundries to hold you back... Literally do whatever you want. I didn't expect a game like this to come out for another 20 years!
  27. BrianK.
    Nov 29, 2004
    Unbelieveably awesome, I just love racing on a Sanchez motor bike through Red countys rolling hills and countryside and then finishing in San Fierro between missions jamming to K-dust is a definite high point, super fun missions and loads of things to see and do give this game hours and hours of fast, fun and challenging gameplay, CJ is the most dynamic and coolest game character ever...Unbelieveably awesome, I just love racing on a Sanchez motor bike through Red countys rolling hills and countryside and then finishing in San Fierro between missions jamming to K-dust is a definite high point, super fun missions and loads of things to see and do give this game hours and hours of fast, fun and challenging gameplay, CJ is the most dynamic and coolest game character ever... anyone who knocks this game due to pop-up and collision factors give it a rest, in a game this large you cant have it all... GTASA makes up for graphic faults with mind blowing depth!! Expand
  28. JhonD.
    Nov 29, 2004
    This game is off the chain who ever gives the game a 6 or lower probably hasnt played it.
  29. SteveA.
    Nov 5, 2004
    Absolutely fantastic! I would have had no idea that I would be comparing this to Fable, but I am, this is so much better. Vice City looks terrible compared to this. The place is incredibly huge! You could literally take up to two hours going from one point to another, man. The graphics are still very Grand Theft Auto, however. A huge improvement over all of them, but the sheer reason you Absolutely fantastic! I would have had no idea that I would be comparing this to Fable, but I am, this is so much better. Vice City looks terrible compared to this. The place is incredibly huge! You could literally take up to two hours going from one point to another, man. The graphics are still very Grand Theft Auto, however. A huge improvement over all of them, but the sheer reason you should buy it is because of the size. I love this game and if you have about 80 HOURS to kill, this should definitely be at the top of your list. Expand
  30. KennyH.
    Dec 1, 2004
    If you guys give this game below a 9, you are either incapable of registering awesomeness, or you've only rented it and played the first few missions. If you would play it at least until you get to San Fierro, you will completely change your mind, and you won't think that it's "more of the same"
  31. DenR.
    This game is great!
  32. BlueFalcon
    Dec 10, 2004
    There's been a lot of great games to come out lately. But I think this one is the best of them all. No other game can match it's freedom of gameplay.
  33. JasonA.
    Dec 11, 2004
    Wonderful... so interesting my wife watches me play(sometimes)j/j. But really Rockstar and Rockstar North have truly outdone themselves. Elements from all genres of games are included from RPG to street racing w/ nitros to FPS to PIMPING! Well Done.
  34. ChristinaM.
    Dec 14, 2004
    I've been a GTA fan since the very first one. You know, the one with the aerial view and really crappy graphics? I told someone then, "If the graphics were better, this would be the best game on the market!" And OMG!!! It's gotten better and better with each version and San Andreas is just ORGASMIC!!! I LOVE THIS GAME!!! And the video games inside of the video game is just pure I've been a GTA fan since the very first one. You know, the one with the aerial view and really crappy graphics? I told someone then, "If the graphics were better, this would be the best game on the market!" And OMG!!! It's gotten better and better with each version and San Andreas is just ORGASMIC!!! I LOVE THIS GAME!!! And the video games inside of the video game is just pure technological GENIUS! Expand
  35. JakeW.
    Dec 11, 2004
    Dude I play this game all the f...ing time!! I love the fact that you can have girlfriends and all that sh.t! It f...ing rules!!!
  36. RyanS.
    Dec 13, 2004
    This game is the bomb!!!!!!
  37. DaveW.
    Nov 2, 2004
    Best of the series. fresh game.
  38. Rinazzle
    Nov 2, 2004
    Words hardly do justice to just how good this game is. The sheer playability blows the pants over literally any other form of digital entertainment. Period.
  39. KatieN.
    Fantastic.
  40. TonyM
    Oct 26, 2004
    Its amazing how annoyed X-Box owners are at the reviews this game gets. I am playing it and i am like WOW. X-Box owners see it and get all defensive and start bagging it just because they are jeleous it isnt on there console. Great game. BUY IT NOW!!!!
  41. RobertD.
    Nov 19, 2004
    I never got into a GTA game before, but this one has me hooked. I cannot stop playing it.
  42. BoomerSooner
    Oct 27, 2004
    Anyone that gives this a low score doesn't know what they're talking about. It's better than a 98...X-Box fans can go play Halo, their only game, and be jealous of this incredible game.
  43. D.R.Grieves
    Oct 27, 2004
    The BEST game ever. END OF DISCUSSION!!
  44. DanS.
    Nov 20, 2004
    This is the most amazing thing i have ever played. gta san andreas has set a standard for all rpgs and any game for that matter. san andreas has changed the whole video game world and lets you interact with almost anything you can think of.
  45. Boob
    Nov 18, 2004
    This ame is the TITEST game out.
  46. Hellboy
    Nov 4, 2004
    This Game Is Freakin Awesome This Is One Of The BEst Games Ever This Is A Must Have Game If U Dont Get This Game U Iz One Cracked Out Matha F***a.
  47. ChrisS.
    Nov 5, 2004
    A brilliant game 10/10, almost completed.
  48. LinoG.
    Nov 5, 2004
    Do not be fooled by imitators, or detered by "authority" figures who want to rid the gaming industry of every single disc, cartridge or otherwise that bares the Grand Theft Auto name. This is, without and doubt, reservation, or hesitation, the greatest game the PS2 has ever seen. Unlimited replay value, countless gameplay types, and custimization galore. If you have a PS2, get this game.
  49. Jack
    Nov 23, 2004
    Dude this game rocks and i think the news is getting annoying about the game beacause of the violence in it. i mean really who cares!!!
  50. RobS.
    Oct 27, 2004
    WOW! THE BEST GAME EVER!! Over-rated my ****! its truly brilliant and a bargain i wudnt sell it for $100
  51. JeffD
    Oct 27, 2004
    Frickin' sweet. It doesn't get much better than this. Outstanding gameplay, so much to do.
  52. JoseM.
    Dec 3, 2004
    I think this game truly lives up to its name.
  53. StevenT.
    Dec 3, 2004
    this game is fun fun fun! you can do tonz of stuff! remeber vice city with the semi truck? now you can hook up a trailer to it! you can fly any and all planes you see(after you get a piolot's license) and you can swim! lots to do really fun. another plus is the whole world is not just city. you can go off-roadingf on dirt bikes really cool. buy it or you'll suffer not having this game is fun fun fun! you can do tonz of stuff! remeber vice city with the semi truck? now you can hook up a trailer to it! you can fly any and all planes you see(after you get a piolot's license) and you can swim! lots to do really fun. another plus is the whole world is not just city. you can go off-roadingf on dirt bikes really cool. buy it or you'll suffer not having fun! peace out readers Expand
  54. Monymcclain
    Nov 25, 2004
    I love this game but you should make it so you can go anywhere you can go to be any thing get a caree.
  55. Bolo
    Dec 5, 2004
    This game is really fun... u can swim !
  56. Pimp69
    Dec 6, 2004
    GTA san andreas is a loc ass game!!!!F..k all ya who try 2 dis on it!!!
  57. JasonF.
    Nov 26, 2004
    I almost lost my job because of this game. it is the best ps2 game i have ever played.
  58. MikeR
    Nov 17, 2004
    Simply put, the best game ever made.
  59. RailenH.
    Dec 3, 2004
    This game is so hot its even better then the other ones i hope that they come out with more grand theft auto games.
  60. RyanO.
    Dec 7, 2004
    GTA san andreas is the best game i have ever played so far.There is so much stuff to do.I think rockstar should make another gta game.
  61. Mike
    Nov 12, 2004
    If your mature enough, its a must.
  62. JuanH.
    Dec 17, 2004
    This is the number one game in america it has good graphics and also easy and hard missions than gta vice city.
  63. JussiK.
    Dec 9, 2004
    GTA: San Andreas totally rules!
  64. RyannY.
    Dec 15, 2004
    I played a lot of games, but this one tops them all, it is so mind blowing because theres so much things you can do in it. My favorite, is playing pool for money.
  65. fprExPeRt
    Nov 25, 2004
    Same crap. once u played gta3 youved played them all.....YEAH RIGHT!!! first of all gta games never get old. secondly, u can jump off planes with parachutes....HOW SICK IS THAT?!!so awsome. best part about it is to cause mayhem:) CJ is the best character in all the gta series. in my opinion....its better then halo2..well maybe they are both tied. ps2 owners buy this now!! P.S. u can now Same crap. once u played gta3 youved played them all.....YEAH RIGHT!!! first of all gta games never get old. secondly, u can jump off planes with parachutes....HOW SICK IS THAT?!!so awsome. best part about it is to cause mayhem:) CJ is the best character in all the gta series. in my opinion....its better then halo2..well maybe they are both tied. ps2 owners buy this now!! P.S. u can now cause more mayhem with the new co-op mode^_^ Expand
  66. KarolP.
    Dec 19, 2004
    Number 1 game of the year. I had so much fun playin and killin in that game.
  67. MarvinoJ.
    Dec 7, 2004
    I think that this game rocks hard man!!!
  68. JosephW.
    Dec 8, 2004
    I LUV THIS GAME!
  69. VladikB.
    Dec 20, 2004
    It is really fun to play it im on the mission cesar vialpando and life is a beach and i cant finish those two because i cant keep up with the arrows!!!
  70. RichH.
    Dec 21, 2004
    If you don't have this game then let me give you a hint. BUY IT!!! The map is wicked, the missions are awesome and the special effects are sick.
  71. YoFMB
    Nov 7, 2004
    I can't belive there are people that don't like this game! They are probably just geeks that think fun things like this game are immature. Well pluk them, this game is the best friggin game i have ever played! This game has certainly advanced a lot since gta and gta2. I hope they keep making more gta games.
  72. KevinC.
    Dec 23, 2004
    Sweet graphics. love it wen u r haulin ass and it feels like u r actually driving wit da blurred surrounds. kick ass game
  73. PhilH.
    Dec 1, 2004
    This game is f...ing sick the best one yet.
  74. AndyS.
    Dec 29, 2004
    Actually, about a 9.5. While Remaining to have a greater extent on the number of vehicles as did Vice City to GTA 3, it defenatly lacks the coloring of Vice City. I'm a fan of colored games. The one thing that brings down this game is the lack of color and the lazy artwork on the weapons and crosshairs.
  75. MarkusLewis
    Dec 13, 2004
    This is the hossest game out. I couldn't stop playin it.
  76. MilesN.
    Nov 20, 2004
    What is wrong with you people???? An 8.6 overall??? this is the best consloe game to eer hit store shelves!
  77. FrankJ.
    Dec 8, 2004
    I love it. it gives me great pleasure in blowing off a hookers head, and even recreating the beloved texas chainsaw massacre on cops. meow. 10 out of 10. game over.
  78. SAB13
    Dec 21, 2004
    This game is the best game ever made and i hope gta5 is evan better but if they make a gta5 i hope they make chaenges like u could name your own gang and u could choose your own color for your game and create your player to play in gta and could make the city evan more bigger.
  79. RicardoA.
    Dec 18, 2004
    This game is the best ever!!!
  80. Sonny
    Dec 30, 2004
    1 question? How Could possibly not like this game?
  81. RandyL.
    Dec 30, 2004
    It's pretty obvious by now--the GTA games are redefining gaming as we know it, and San Andreas isn't just another step, it's one giant leap for mankind.
  82. MikeA.
    Dec 31, 2004
    These guy's are crazy because it's the best game in the world.You can almost do anything in the game like go pimping or rob or just start a fight with a rival gang.
  83. BenjaminDanielW.
    Jan 3, 2005
    The game is apsolutly wonderful! I like the compability very much! The graphic is for a pure 10, while the sound is 9. But the gameplay is superb (10), so I gave it 10!
  84. LeeC.
    Jan 6, 2005
    Best GTA ever period.
  85. NajeebS.
    Jan 10, 2005
    3 Words Best Game Ever.
  86. Rob-O
    Jan 13, 2005
    Danny D.... a step backwards? How can you say that? As much as I love VC and 3, this is a huge improvement. If anything it's a bit too ambitious for the little ol' ps2.
  87. KoriR.
    Jan 13, 2005
    Best game ever.
  88. AndyD.
    Jan 14, 2005
    Without a doubt, one of the greatest games i have ever played on ps2. this game rocks!
  89. Mosura1
    Jan 15, 2005
    I don't understand those who trash this title and complain about depth and gameplay. GTA:SA is a game that sets the standard, and requires a true gamer to appreciate what standard Rockstar has set over and over. This title will easily consume 200 hours of original gameplay, in an environment more detailed and overwhelming than any other game in history. Leave this game to the adults I don't understand those who trash this title and complain about depth and gameplay. GTA:SA is a game that sets the standard, and requires a true gamer to appreciate what standard Rockstar has set over and over. This title will easily consume 200 hours of original gameplay, in an environment more detailed and overwhelming than any other game in history. Leave this game to the adults to play and appreciate, while the haters can play True Crime because Snoop Dogg makes and appearance. Expand
  90. JasonS.
    Jan 19, 2005
    Very good, improves a lot in some areas from Vice City, nice additions as well. The only problem I see is that the game is now teetering on the edge of becoming another "Sims" type game (with an edge). I'm sorry, but I don't really want a girlfriend or to have to workout regularly in a video game. I guess to fully complete the game you would have to give both things up in your Very good, improves a lot in some areas from Vice City, nice additions as well. The only problem I see is that the game is now teetering on the edge of becoming another "Sims" type game (with an edge). I'm sorry, but I don't really want a girlfriend or to have to workout regularly in a video game. I guess to fully complete the game you would have to give both things up in your real life but still... Despite this, it's still one of the best games available for PS2. Expand
  91. DanD.
    Jan 26, 2005
    I gotta agree with Jason S on this one, it is very near to the sims that would be a bad thing. the game can easily consume 100+ hours of gameplay and the storyline is jus so original its mindblowing. loved 3 and VC but this game has raised the bar for all game developers and nothing (part fom possibly need for speed underground 2) can compare. every detail of the game has been enhancedI gotta agree with Jason S on this one, it is very near to the sims that would be a bad thing. the game can easily consume 100+ hours of gameplay and the storyline is jus so original its mindblowing. loved 3 and VC but this game has raised the bar for all game developers and nothing (part fom possibly need for speed underground 2) can compare. every detail of the game has been enhanced greatly right down to the AI of the pedestrians . BEST game EVER! Expand
  92. LanceJ.
    Jan 26, 2005
    This game was $32.99 on sale at circuit city. Thats like 12 seperate games with the amount of gameplay that is offered for that price. Anyone giving this game a bad score must be an x-box owner and just wants to lower the overall score. This is the greatest ps2 game to date!
  93. JacobB.
    Jan 28, 2005
    It is the best gta yet.
  94. SabinoS.
    Jan 29, 2005
    I like this game beacuse i like killing.
  95. KoriR.
    Jan 30, 2005
    Best game ever.
  96. CodyG.
    Jan 30, 2005
    This game is the BEST game in the whole world!!
  97. MatS.
    Jan 31, 2005
    Nothing can beat this free roaming game. including the plot twists and the visuals this game kicks ass.
  98. MarcusBagdog
    Jan 31, 2005
    Stop dissing the Xbox owners, the majority of us aren't PS2 haters. I love the GTA series (and my PS2, Xbox and GC), and this third installment was amazing. The only downside is that it didn't amaze me the way that GTA3 did, but it was still a terrific game.
  99. RickN.
    Feb 1, 2005
    San Andreas does have its faults - targeting enemies, bland graphics, some rough animation etc. why do I still give it a 10 then? Because the sheer size and things to do in the game outweigh any flaw this game has, its huge, and due to this it is a game you could easily play for days and days on end. Be prepared to book a lot of time off work and say goodbye to your friends for a while.
  100. F.H.
    Feb 1, 2005
    Can this game stopp copying Tony Hawk? its a Good game but they should stop releasing the same game with new little features.

#1 Most Discussed PS2 Game of 2004
#1 Most Shared PS2 Game of 2004

1. The amount of things to do in the cities of Los Santos, San Fierro, and Las Venturas is absolutely staggering... In my opinion there’s no excuse to not have a “save anywhere” feature included.
    San Andreas's chief advantage over "Vice City" is size. And for many players, that's good enough. But another group of fans will come to quietly understand that, at least for the time being, "Vice City" remains the high point of the GTA series.
    There's so much to do in this game that it's outside of my range of imagination to be able to picture me reaching a 100% complete. Unfathomable.