8.9

1. JohnCross
    Oct 27, 2004
    This is one of the best games I played in a long time.
  2. JOEI.
    Oct 27, 2004
    This game will have you putting GTA3 and Vice City up on your shelf for the next year at the least. Not only is this game tweaked waay more than the past GTA games, its a blast! You would think this type of gameplay would get old, but why would you think that? Do you get sick of mario? I didnt think so. He's been around for 20+ years. My only complaint is the graphics are a little This game will have you putting GTA3 and Vice City up on your shelf for the next year at the least. Not only is this game tweaked waay more than the past GTA games, its a blast! You would think this type of gameplay would get old, but why would you think that? Do you get sick of mario? I didnt think so. He's been around for 20+ years. My only complaint is the graphics are a little stale although they are somewhat improved. Im forgiving this problem though due to the fact Rockstar had to cram so so much into this game. I wonder if they ever thought of using two discs? They could improve the graphcis with out a doubt then. Expand
  3. JeffD
    Oct 27, 2004
    Frickin' sweet. It doesn't get much better than this. Outstanding gameplay, so much to do.
  4. JohnQ.
    Oct 27, 2004
    Best game i've ever played.
  5. PaulD.
    Oct 27, 2004
    This game is absolutely awesome... The graphics are outstanding...gameplay A+... everything about this game is great.
  6. JayA
    Oct 28, 2004
    Awesome! They have improved the gameplay with each release and this game is even better than Vice City. It deserves a 10 ranking!
  7. WowzerzJ.
    Oct 28, 2004
    This game is amazing. Theres so much to do. Its so addictive, there really needs to be a warning on the box. You start to concentrate so much on Cj's life you forget about your own. Be carefull and take a break!
  8. JustinS.
    Oct 29, 2004
    I played this game at a friends house and it was awsome. I am going to buy it as soon as i can get the money for it, it is well worth the $50.00 it cost.
  9. MarkC.
    Oct 31, 2004
    So much do I wish I didn't have to work.
  10. MrPennywise
    Oct 31, 2004
    Yeah, GTA is back on track and it is bigger and better than every GTA before.
  11. Mosura1
    Jan 15, 2005
    I don't understand those who trash this title and complain about depth and gameplay. GTA:SA is a game that sets the standard, and requires a true gamer to appreciate what standard Rockstar has set over and over. This title will easily consume 200 hours of original gameplay, in an environment more detailed and overwhelming than any other game in history. Leave this game to the adults I don't understand those who trash this title and complain about depth and gameplay. GTA:SA is a game that sets the standard, and requires a true gamer to appreciate what standard Rockstar has set over and over. This title will easily consume 200 hours of original gameplay, in an environment more detailed and overwhelming than any other game in history. Leave this game to the adults to play and appreciate, while the haters can play True Crime because Snoop Dogg makes and appearance. Expand
  12. FredB.
    Nov 7, 2005
    This was awesome!!!! I can play it forever!!!!
  13. ConnerMcleod
    Dec 20, 2005
    a 15 out of 10, sh**t this games kick mayor a**, I normqlly never curse but after playin´ GTASA I gotta say G*dDamn, f*ckin´A. I consider my self a gamer, played all the other Gta and gta´s clones(truecrime) but let me tell U this game will suck U rigth in. There´s nothing like it and belive U me, play it without the cheats you´ll feel the rewards as ua 15 out of 10, sh**t this games kick mayor a**, I normqlly never curse but after playin´ GTASA I gotta say G*dDamn, f*ckin´A. I consider my self a gamer, played all the other Gta and gta´s clones(truecrime) but let me tell U this game will suck U rigth in. There´s nothing like it and belive U me, play it without the cheats you´ll feel the rewards as u get´m, the girlfriend as U find them, u can actually live in the game U can go play at any casino, go to the race track an bet, or play old arcades at any convinience store, but the game itself it´s genuine motherf*cker...give me a hell yeah Expand
  14. LanceJ.
    Jan 26, 2005
    This game was $32.99 on sale at circuit city. Thats like 12 seperate games with the amount of gameplay that is offered for that price. Anyone giving this game a bad score must be an x-box owner and just wants to lower the overall score. This is the greatest ps2 game to date!
  15. CarlosG.
    Feb 19, 2005
    The best game ever putos !
  16. RickoL.
    Feb 22, 2005
    Wow! This is mint!
  17. BrandonM.
    Apr 16, 2005
    I think all the gta game's are cool. i hope thay keep on making games like gta.
  18. CoryK.
    Apr 27, 2005
    The ONLY bad thing about this game is the graphics. The levels are huge, the game is very long, the missions are all varied and there is just so much to do. This game will go down as one of the best games of all time.
  19. SuruR.
    Aug 24, 2005
    Best game ever seen.
  20. ApocalypseB.
    Oct 28, 2006
    There are many reasons to like/dislike a game. Reasons to dislike this range from being quirky to inhumane morals! Some gamers prefered Gta3 over Vice city as they were emotionally attached to that game. And indeed some prefered Vice city over San Andreas for the same reason. Fair enough, but when some hate this game because the main character is black, that is totally brain-dead! There are many reasons to like/dislike a game. Reasons to dislike this range from being quirky to inhumane morals! Some gamers prefered Gta3 over Vice city as they were emotionally attached to that game. And indeed some prefered Vice city over San Andreas for the same reason. Fair enough, but when some hate this game because the main character is black, that is totally brain-dead! Personally i think this is the best Gta ever made! It has the perfect formula for a sand box game and the play area is absolutely MASSIVE! The terrible voice acting and average graphics are annoying (maybe get actual black people to voice-act?), but the humour is back in effect, which went array in Vice City. Although I can relate to Vice City more (being an eighties man) and is still one of my favourite games of all time. There is no arguement that San Andreas is by far the more advanced and enjoyable game by the sheer weight of things to do! But two player is rubbish! Expand
  21. SarelmB.
    Oct 31, 2006
    This is the best video game on PlayStation 2 ever without a doubt.
  22. RileyF.
    Jun 16, 2006
    This is definantly the best Grand Theft Auto title to date. A massive world to explore, hours of side missions, tons of stuff to buy and a plot that outdoes even that of Vice City in it's gritty intensity.
  23. JamieT.
    Aug 14, 2006
    There is no reason to hate this game! It is the greatest game ever made because it makes you want to play it again and again. It's the greatest game along with Resident Evil 4!
  24. PhilipR.
    Aug 19, 2006
    This should be the #1. Fair enough, it lacks a physics engine. But its so fun that all the bad things are out numbered 999999999:1 by the sheer joy. The 2 player sucked though.
  25. RichK.
    Dec 26, 2007
    Pretty cool in my vote. I like that cars can actually fly rather then glide. I found a way to make quick money the fun way. Activate car of death cheat and flying cars cheat. it helps if u have a car with nitro but u don't need it. First go really fast on a long strait road. 1ce u start flying keep going up past a layer of clouds. then keep going up until u see some big puffy ones. Pretty cool in my vote. I like that cars can actually fly rather then glide. I found a way to make quick money the fun way. Activate car of death cheat and flying cars cheat. it helps if u have a car with nitro but u don't need it. First go really fast on a long strait road. 1ce u start flying keep going up past a layer of clouds. then keep going up until u see some big puffy ones. then dive bomb strait down. if u do it correctly u can get any were from 1000-7000. it only takes like 30 sec if u go fast enough and u land in a empty area like the red country. Enjoy ! Expand
  26. alexxmarsh
    May 26, 2007
    To all the old fart who complain about the violence, the language, or the sexual content, why dont you morons go jump off a bridge and stfu. This game is a masterpiece of epic propotions to deny it that is to prove your own ignorance. You know what i want when i buy a gta game? Violence, blood, foul language, inconciquencial murder, thats the name of the game if u cant deal with that goTo all the old fart who complain about the violence, the language, or the sexual content, why dont you morons go jump off a bridge and stfu. This game is a masterpiece of epic propotions to deny it that is to prove your own ignorance. You know what i want when i buy a gta game? Violence, blood, foul language, inconciquencial murder, thats the name of the game if u cant deal with that go play a sissy ass mario game or something. If u dont like sa your either an old withered stuck up fart close to death anyhow or a an ignorant hillbilly with a crow bar in your bum. GTA: SA best game of all time period if you dont agree buy your self a 9mm and point it at ur own head, you ignorant hick. If anything i think there isnt enough gore in this game i wanna see more blood like in vice from the chain saw etc. Oh and to the guy who said he cant play this around his child. Your kid is two years old too young and stupid to be impressionable yet. And what kind of a father are your to be playing video games when your child is at a stage in life when he needs human contact and interaction, obviously a very shitty parent, your kid obviously will turn out a pansy little ass because of you.

good day
  27. MatthewC
    Nov 9, 2009
    the game features everything you would want in a GTA game more meyhem,more weapons,and more vehicles.
  28. AnonymousMC
    Aug 17, 2009
    simply the best itiration of anything inter-non interactive in history 18 MILLION sold on the ps2 alone is nuff said. the total gross for the game would be est. at over 1.1 billion which would place it at #3 best selling movie of all time, maybe 2nd. this is truly a benchmark in gaming history. if the re released this game 4 years from now(from august 17th, 2009 spruced up the graphics tosimply the best itiration of anything inter-non interactive in history 18 MILLION sold on the ps2 alone is nuff said. the total gross for the game would be est. at over 1.1 billion which would place it at #3 best selling movie of all time, maybe 2nd. this is truly a benchmark in gaming history. if the re released this game 4 years from now(from august 17th, 2009 spruced up the graphics to a crysis crushing standard, kept all the original gameplay formula in tact, slightly reduced the cursing, (even though i liked it as is), reworked the audio, added more cars planes, doubled the map size, optimised it for ps4 which will probably feature 100gb bluray capacity and pc with ultimate graphics. then reworked the lighting, textures, flames, made realistic ai, increased the travel options to include trips to small maps of cartels in asia to shop for dope etc. allowed you to recruit gang members, reasign lead member positions, assign members to houses around the city, increase the weapon count, weapon damage, sounds, enviro effects etc. paint cars a wide variety of colors, add aftermarket wheel options, engines, exhaust etc. add competitive kayaking and white water to the ravines, grand canyon, include revised multiplayer, local online co-op, jails, nitrous, add 20+ hrs of main story line, the MY list goes on. i hope and believe that my revised version would come near, match or surpass the original in sales and would be happy to buy the ip if available. your input to new editions to the original is welcome. i also forgot to mention calling up gang members to help you in a fight. Expand
  29. StevenV.
    Nov 11, 2004
    The best video game ever made since vice city.
  30. AdamH.
    Nov 13, 2004
    People who give this game any rating lower than a nine is out of thier mind. Just because you are whining about not having a ps2 to play it on doesnt mean you have to diss the game u you xbox loving halo 2 f***ers.(Lets go blast aliens whith my laser gun)
  31. RaheelG.
    Nov 13, 2004
    No doubt rockstar does it again with another smash hit. If this game was a women i would have married it already.
  32. HugoFusion
    Nov 14, 2004
    K two words this game rocks. man u can get hair cuts. and i think u can grow a beard well yeah umm yes umm well yeah of course it gets a ten it is the biggest and best game that was ever introduced to the world.
  33. JoeG.
    Nov 15, 2004
    I have never seen a video game better than this. This game beats Halo 2 by an inch. I thought Driver 3 was good, driver 3 is Pong compared to this.
  34. JohnnyW.
    Nov 16, 2004
    The best (and when i say best, i mean only decent) game on the PS2. Nothing the PS2 has even comes close to this. PS2 sucks, but I gotta give props to it for this. Finally a reason to play the damn thing.
  35. P.G.
    Nov 16, 2004
    It is fantastic i loved it rockstar havemade another masterpiece my favorite thing about the game is the amount of freedom and real life things you have to do like eat and work out so i rate this game 10 (higher if it was possoble).
  36. MikeR
    Nov 17, 2004
    Simply put, the best game ever made.
  37. RobertD.
    Nov 19, 2004
    I never got into a GTA game before, but this one has me hooked. I cannot stop playing it.
  38. JOSETRUJANO
    Nov 19, 2004
    GTA SAN ANDREAS IS THE BEST GAME OUT THERE 4 THE FACT THAT IT IS MORE REALISTIC MAKES IT BETER NOW U COULD SWIM,WORK-OUT,RIDE BIKES MOD U'R CARS CANGE U'R LOOKS GET TAT'S HAIR CUTS JUMP FENCES DO 4 PERSON DRIVE-BYS MAN THIS IS TRULY THE BEST GAME EVER WELL BYE I GOT 2 GO PLAY
  39. KeithM.
    Nov 21, 2004
    The best game i have ever played, a few graphical errors, and glitches but that doesn't stop the fun, never gets old!
  40. MichaelM.
    Nov 24, 2004
    A very interesting game.
  41. fprExPeRt
    Nov 25, 2004
    Same crap. once u played gta3 youved played them all.....YEAH RIGHT!!! first of all gta games never get old. secondly, u can jump off planes with parachutes....HOW SICK IS THAT?!!so awsome. best part about it is to cause mayhem:) CJ is the best character in all the gta series. in my opinion....its better then halo2..well maybe they are both tied. ps2 owners buy this now!! P.S. u can now Same crap. once u played gta3 youved played them all.....YEAH RIGHT!!! first of all gta games never get old. secondly, u can jump off planes with parachutes....HOW SICK IS THAT?!!so awsome. best part about it is to cause mayhem:) CJ is the best character in all the gta series. in my opinion....its better then halo2..well maybe they are both tied. ps2 owners buy this now!! P.S. u can now cause more mayhem with the new co-op mode^_^ Expand
  42. AlexK.
    Nov 28, 2004
    This Game will take you out of your seat and make you stand up. When you play no matter where you are you get an adrenaline rush.
  43. RaviorC.
    Nov 29, 2004
    FINALLY!! A game where you can make all the moves... No more boundries to hold you back... Literally do whatever you want. I didn't expect a game like this to come out for another 20 years!
  44. JhonD.
    Nov 29, 2004
    This game is off the chain who ever gives the game a 6 or lower probably hasnt played it.
  45. JasonA.
    Dec 11, 2004
    Wonderful... so interesting my wife watches me play(sometimes)j/j. But really Rockstar and Rockstar North have truly outdone themselves. Elements from all genres of games are included from RPG to street racing w/ nitros to FPS to PIMPING! Well Done.
  46. ChristinaM.
    Dec 14, 2004
    I've been a GTA fan since the very first one. You know, the one with the aerial view and really crappy graphics? I told someone then, "If the graphics were better, this would be the best game on the market!" And OMG!!! It's gotten better and better with each version and San Andreas is just ORGASMIC!!! I LOVE THIS GAME!!! And the video games inside of the video game is just pure I've been a GTA fan since the very first one. You know, the one with the aerial view and really crappy graphics? I told someone then, "If the graphics were better, this would be the best game on the market!" And OMG!!! It's gotten better and better with each version and San Andreas is just ORGASMIC!!! I LOVE THIS GAME!!! And the video games inside of the video game is just pure technological GENIUS! Collapse
  47. RyannY.
    Dec 15, 2004
    I played a lot of games, but this one tops them all, it is so mind blowing because theres so much things you can do in it. My favorite, is playing pool for money.
  48. SAB13
    Dec 21, 2004
    This game is the best game ever made and i hope gta5 is evan better but if they make a gta5 i hope they make chaenges like u could name your own gang and u could choose your own color for your game and create your player to play in gta and could make the city evan more bigger.
  49. TomiB.
    Dec 31, 2006
    It's the TOP of all Grand Theft Autos, why? 'cos it like 3 cites in 1, ya can gamble, play more odd games, (* pool, dancing, eating/drinking, dating, change clothes, hairstyles, even a tattoo if ya like etc...) also your character now swims, parachutes & flys all different types of aircraft...(Vice City afew, GTA3 none if hardly any, plus ya DROWN/die when ya in the water!) It's the TOP of all Grand Theft Autos, why? 'cos it like 3 cites in 1, ya can gamble, play more odd games, (* pool, dancing, eating/drinking, dating, change clothes, hairstyles, even a tattoo if ya like etc...) also your character now swims, parachutes & flys all different types of aircraft...(Vice City afew, GTA3 none if hardly any, plus ya DROWN/die when ya in the water!) Music mostly in the 90's plus more variety like country! Use of more cheats, ya can recruit ANYBODY for your gang member(s), ether with a 9mm or rocket launcher... More FUN! Expand
  50. Aug 22, 2010
    In an overall fantastic game. GTA: SA puts you in the shoes of Carl Johnson (CJ) as he looks to make a name for himself in the state of San Andreas (based on parts of California and Nevada). The graphics are good, the storyline is epic, with 20+ hours of storyline missions, not to mention side missions, games, races, exploring, having fun, etc., etc., etc. GTA: SA has a little somethingIn an overall fantastic game. GTA: SA puts you in the shoes of Carl Johnson (CJ) as he looks to make a name for himself in the state of San Andreas (based on parts of California and Nevada). The graphics are good, the storyline is epic, with 20+ hours of storyline missions, not to mention side missions, games, races, exploring, having fun, etc., etc., etc. GTA: SA has a little something for everyone (over the age of 17), and it's a fantastic game. One of the most fun that I've ever played. This is like every preceding GTA on steroids, with voice talent including the likes of Samuel L. Jackson, Ice-T, Peter Fonda, and James Woods. The plot is fantastic, and one of the best in video game history. It's a better plot than any preceding GTA, and any one following it, including IV. Hey, the 20 million people who bought this can't be wrong, right? A masterpiece from all accounts. Expand
  51. Sep 15, 2011
    The best Grand Theft Auto game Rockstar has ever made. Period. Huge world map; probably the biggest in the series, almost unlimited freedom, huge loads of content that plays with its ridiculously good replay value, very robust character customization and a really good representation of the early 90's west America. Sure, the character designs and set pieces look like crap in today'sThe best Grand Theft Auto game Rockstar has ever made. Period. Huge world map; probably the biggest in the series, almost unlimited freedom, huge loads of content that plays with its ridiculously good replay value, very robust character customization and a really good representation of the early 90's west America. Sure, the character designs and set pieces look like crap in today's standards but that's what adds to the charm of this timeless classic. Expand
  52. Dec 4, 2012
    GRAND THEFT **** AUTO: SAN ADNREAS, **** Yeah! It's awesome in so many ways. I could tell you all day about all the great things in this game. It made me glad to play games and not go out and hang with friends.
  53. Nov 25, 2010
    This is one of my favourite games of all time, it really capture los angeles and the california area i reckon, the gameplay was awesome and the story surpasses any other game made during its time, 10/10 yes, grove street for life.
  54. Apr 29, 2011
    Gangsters, jetpacks, quadbikes, choppers, planes, three big-ass cities AND one of the best sandbox adventures ever created. How can you not love this game? The sequel to the smash hit Vice City improves in every possible way over the previous titles in the series and ten times over. The missions are fun, nicely paced and not hard at all. The graphics look decent for 2004, but still aren'tGangsters, jetpacks, quadbikes, choppers, planes, three big-ass cities AND one of the best sandbox adventures ever created. How can you not love this game? The sequel to the smash hit Vice City improves in every possible way over the previous titles in the series and ten times over. The missions are fun, nicely paced and not hard at all. The graphics look decent for 2004, but still aren't great. Trust me, you'll get your money's worth with this game, with a storyline spanning over 100 missions and on top of that side missions are aplenty. The game is set in the 1990s and you play as Carl Johnson, a gangsta who returns to his home town due to the death of his mother and must regain his respect and work his way up the ladder to become crime boss of the city. The map is huge, and even the most dedicated gamer would take days to fully explore all the locations. There are three large cities each based on Los Angeles, San Francisco and Las Vegas. There is also an impressive countryside and a desert as well. Many characters are featured throughout, some who return from GTA 3 and Vice City. The vehicles are standard GTA fare, but there are also lots of planes, helicopters and many unique vehicles as well such as the army tank, the quadbike and even a fighter plane. In sum, one of the greatest games ever made and the best GTA in the series. Expand
  55. Apr 11, 2011
    Best console game of a generation? Debatable. Best console action sand boxer of a generation? Probably. Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas, at time of writing, is very old. I played it too much upon release, and even today I still find time to boot up my PS2 between next-gen games, and play this classic. Apart from rather bad graphics, which were mostly down to an old engine, aging hardware,Best console game of a generation? Debatable. Best console action sand boxer of a generation? Probably. Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas, at time of writing, is very old. I played it too much upon release, and even today I still find time to boot up my PS2 between next-gen games, and play this classic. Apart from rather bad graphics, which were mostly down to an old engine, aging hardware, and disc limitations of the time, San Andreas would score high on the charts of any generic rating system. It took the already well established, if slightly repetitive formula of it's predecessor, Vice City, and expanded, refreshed, and improved every aspect. Each gameplay detail was refined, although the basic GTA formula stayed in place. This left some core elements some gamers would dislike, but the masses, the critics, and myself, couldn't get enough of the best offering the GTA series had to offer. Storyline, audio, presentation, all packaged into a game where, with a little progression, you could unlock many more locations, vehicles, weapons, and gameplay elements (Who could forget the jetpack in all it's obscure glory?) than many other games of the time, made GTA one of the best games ever developed for the PS2 system. If you've been living on Mars with your hands over your eyes and ears for the past 7 years, or by some miracle missed this title, It's worth picking up on disc for a PC, or preferably console, at bargain prices. You can also download the original Xbox version onto an Xbox 360. Each version has a few differences, but the PC version runs smoothest on most modern PC's. Expand
  56. Dec 16, 2012
    I wished the Hot Coffee mod still be in the game. Sex sells. Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas is one of the my favorite games before Saint's Row and Sleeping Dogs. But I wished Samuel L. Jackson (a.k.a CJ) could've kill every cop and says "F**k the Police!" Even if activist Jack Thompson was in a GTA video game, he wouldn't mind playing it with his kids. It's like having your own personalI wished the Hot Coffee mod still be in the game. Sex sells. Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas is one of the my favorite games before Saint's Row and Sleeping Dogs. But I wished Samuel L. Jackson (a.k.a CJ) could've kill every cop and says "F**k the Police!" Even if activist Jack Thompson was in a GTA video game, he wouldn't mind playing it with his kids. It's like having your own personal playground having fun go to the TV, put on the PS2 system, and can't go to sleep because you're watching porn movies than playing San Andreas. Controversial or not, I'm still hooked on Grand Theft Auto. I'm thinking a remake? Expand
  57. Sep 22, 2011
    There is not much to tell about this great game, just came out in a time that videogames were too stuck, and San Andreas gave a cyber freedom to all ! Even more than GTA 3
  58. Sep 17, 2011
    I have played all the GTA games all the way from GTA III and in my honest opinion out of all GTA games San Andreas is the most largest, most involving and deepest GTA game ever. The game's map is just ginormous consisting of three cities Los Santos (based on LA), San Fierro (based on San Francisco) and Las Venturas (based on Las Vegas). The large map also has forest and desert likeI have played all the GTA games all the way from GTA III and in my honest opinion out of all GTA games San Andreas is the most largest, most involving and deepest GTA game ever. The game's map is just ginormous consisting of three cities Los Santos (based on LA), San Fierro (based on San Francisco) and Las Venturas (based on Las Vegas). The large map also has forest and desert like environments it is amazing how this game captured the feel of three different cities and its citizens but also shows the way the cowboys and villiagers live their loves in the forest and the desert. GTA San Andreas has just a great story which could be confusing early on however the player will understand more and more things as he progresses the game's story is very deep, enthralling and personal also more involving and darker than its predecessors. I also like the main character of this game Carl Johnson he has a very funny. charming and likeable personality a type of person who can be sarcastic and funny along with being a total bada** and serious at the same time. The game also includes some rpg stats unlike 3 and Vice City which include Respect, Fat, Muscle that can change the way CJ looks. The player can also buy different kinds of clothes , different haircuts and tattoos to make the CJ look exactly like he wants, the player can also customize and mod different Vehicles the customization options in this game are just really well done, Sex Appeal, Driving and Gun Skills/Stats have also been implemented in the game the more player drives and the more he uses guns his skills improve and the better the player gets at them for example the player will be able to drive cars easily when his skills improve, and being able to use two SMGS at the same time and move while shooting as the player gets good with guns. The game has so much side stuff that it is impossible for me to cover in all of them in this review but the ones on the top of my head are: car, bike and plane races, car, bike, boat and plane schools, GYMs, girlfriends, gang Wars, Casinos, Quarry missions, some Asset missions as well as Police, Taxi and Ambulance missions thats not even all. The amount of side stuff put the side things in GTA 4 to shame. GTA San Andreas also has great music and songs which are all a great kickback to the 1990s and all the types of music are there Rock Music, Country Music, Rap Music and even talk shows infact the player can just enjoy and have fun in the game driving around in cars and bikes while listening to these Radio Stations alone thats how awesome the Radio Stations are in this game. The voice acting is just perfect there is no other word I can use to describe it, it seems like all the people who are doing the voice acting are deep into their characters. The game's graphics are good considering its ps2, the game is so huge and it came out in 2004 so its graphics are understandable, the environments looks just beautiful, character models are more detailed than previous GTAs but the characters stiff finger attached hands can look really weird at times. There is a multiplayer mode in this game unlike previous GTAs while it is not amazing or anything the player can still have alot of fun with his friends while free roaming with them or doing co-op rampage missions it is not perfect but it is better to have a multiplayer mode which is fun but not perfect than have no multiplayer at all. The game's story is around 25-30 hours long however in trying to do all the sidestuff in this and unlocking all things, getting 100% completion the player can spend hours and hours in this game and completely get lost in it amazing world and atmosphere. GTA San Andreas is a classic and a masterpiece of a game and in my honest opinion the best game in the GTA series and one of best sandbox games of all time. 10/10. Expand
  59. Nov 19, 2011
    Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas is a great game, a game most definately worth playing for it is just that great. San Andreas is perhaps the second best game in the GTA series, second only to GTA IV. The plot is very well told and interesting and the freedom that you have in San Andreas is flat out amazing. The graphics are a little messy and not really all that great but that is nothingGrand Theft Auto: San Andreas is a great game, a game most definately worth playing for it is just that great. San Andreas is perhaps the second best game in the GTA series, second only to GTA IV. The plot is very well told and interesting and the freedom that you have in San Andreas is flat out amazing. The graphics are a little messy and not really all that great but that is nothing compared to the rest of the package. The controls are really good but the foot controls are kind of wierd, the gunplay is a little lose and it sucks that there is no cover system but this is all very minor compared to the rest of the game. The characters in San Andreas are all really robust and alive, each with their own qualities that makes them so special and the voice acting and sounds are top of the line well the guns sound more like paintball guns so that is dumb but again just a tiny insignificant error. Overall, San Andreas is a great game that does not dissapoint at all, it is a great GTA game worth your time and it is probably the best game on the PS2. Breakdown for "Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas": Presentation: 9.5, Graphics: 8.5, Sounds: 9.7, Playability: 9.8, Lasting Appeal: 9.8. Verdict: 9.6 out of 10 "Amazing" Expand
  60. Mar 10, 2012
    A Really Great Game Who Anyone Whos Enjoys Killing, Violence, Blood, Drugs, Guns, This Will Definitive Work For Them. I Think This Game Is Absolutely Fantastic.
  61. Nov 9, 2012
    The best GTA game yet to be made. One of the best games ever made. The gameplay is polished to the point that its a huge step up from Vice City. You must play it!!!
  62. May 12, 2012
    I suggest getting GTA:SA on PC, because you can play massively multiplayer online!!!
    I remember those old PS2 days, it really brings back my memories! The gameplay and story is more than just awesome, it will also blows your mind that how awesome this game is!!! If you haven't played GTA:SA, try it! Youâ
  63. Nov 25, 2011
    Missions, side missions, taxi missions, paramedic missions, vigilante missions, freighting, courier missions, tags to spray, snapshots to take, horseshoes to find, oysters to find, gang territories, shops, unique jumps, clothing choices, gym workouts, girlfriends, guns, safehouses, casinos, a HUGE map, and, of course, whatever the heck you want!! My favorite video game of all time, by far...
  64. Mar 14, 2012
    This is the best GTA game so far and no other has beat it. I love this game, and it loves me back. We like to cuddle and touch each other in the wrong places, we smell each others bawls, we suck each other, OMG! But really, this games awesome.
  65. Aug 29, 2012
    God, what a great game! One of the games with the most replay value I've ever played. Just driving around San Andreas on a stolen car feels better than most racing games. The graphics were great for its time. The game starts slow, but when it picks up, you go through the craziest and greatest missions ever, one of which involves jumping from a moving plane to another and getting insideGod, what a great game! One of the games with the most replay value I've ever played. Just driving around San Andreas on a stolen car feels better than most racing games. The graphics were great for its time. The game starts slow, but when it picks up, you go through the craziest and greatest missions ever, one of which involves jumping from a moving plane to another and getting inside it to kill some people. The shooting mechanics borrow from the Z-targeting introduced in Ocarina of Time, so you know they're great. Overall, great game. Worth every penny and even more. Expand
  66. Apr 4, 2012
    A perfect game? I'd say so. A great world with a lot of variety, a good story, good characters and an *amazing* soundtrack.

Fun easter eggs, typical GTA-humour, fairly deep character customization, the many vehicles and weapons, and the many activities will keep you coming back for more.
  67. Jun 6, 2012
    When i played a while ago, im not stopping. A great GTA game with top-tier graphics and a great gameplay system, this is a must buy for all fans......
  68. May 26, 2012
    As a fan of the grand theft auto series since the first and original gta game was released back in 1997, this is by far, and even by todays standard, the most ambitious game I ever have played. I would give this game a higher score than GTA IV. Replay value is extremely high and the games strong sides definitely makes its shortcomings stand in a dark corner, forgotten.
  69. May 27, 2012
    Not a best game in GTA .. but Best game in history of R* .. Seriously .. Hat's Off R* North .. u r my dream Company . Lovable game ....... 1000000000000000000000000000 likes for game
  70. Jul 16, 2012
    For me this is by far the best GTA game (yes, better than GTA IV) because there is so much to do. First off, you start in the city Los Santos, based on LA, then You move to San Fierro, based on San Fransisco, then You end up in Las Venturas, based on Vegas. Each of these cities are very discinct form each other and all have interesting things to do. Moving on, the music is VERY top notchFor me this is by far the best GTA game (yes, better than GTA IV) because there is so much to do. First off, you start in the city Los Santos, based on LA, then You move to San Fierro, based on San Fransisco, then You end up in Las Venturas, based on Vegas. Each of these cities are very discinct form each other and all have interesting things to do. Moving on, the music is VERY top notch in this game. You get things from Eazy E to Soundgarden. The voice acting is superb too. I won't get into story though, due to spoilers. Overall, this is the best in the series and a MUST for anyone who actually still owns a PS2! Expand
  71. Jan 2, 2013
    GTA SAN ANDREAS is my fave GTA game in the series and i'll tell you why. San Andreas takes GTA to a whole new level you can play basketball, go the gym, get new clothes, skydive, go into the mountains and it really steps it up in every way possible the graphics seem better than Vice City but the whole gameplay and activitys and the map is larger, almost everything is great. The badGTA SAN ANDREAS is my fave GTA game in the series and i'll tell you why. San Andreas takes GTA to a whole new level you can play basketball, go the gym, get new clothes, skydive, go into the mountains and it really steps it up in every way possible the graphics seem better than Vice City but the whole gameplay and activitys and the map is larger, almost everything is great. The bad things are the missions they are really screwed up! like there is this one mission where you shoot down these mini airplanes with a minigun, or something like that. GTA SAN ANDREAS IS A MASTERPIECE!!! Expand
  72. Jun 19, 2013
    Wonderful game from start to finish. Great characters, story, controls, graphics, everything about this game is wonderful. Easily the best game ever made on the PS2. Wish Rockstart would up the graphics to release on PSN, but again, best game ever made on PS2.
  73. Aug 8, 2012
    I absolutely LOVED this game, it was my favorite game around this time, I couldn't get enough of it, the story was great and some of the character interaction was hilarious, not to mention the crazy action you can get yourself into, the controls were easy and the tutorials helped very much with being able to play the game well, and your way, it included mini-games that were also very fun,I absolutely LOVED this game, it was my favorite game around this time, I couldn't get enough of it, the story was great and some of the character interaction was hilarious, not to mention the crazy action you can get yourself into, the controls were easy and the tutorials helped very much with being able to play the game well, and your way, it included mini-games that were also very fun, plus, its fun to mess about with tons of cheats. Expand
  74. Jan 1, 2014
    To this day GTA San Andreas is one of the best videogames ever made. It's extremely memorable, endlessly enjoyable and has the best radio in GTA ever!. You definitely have to play this before you die.
  75. Jun 19, 2013
    This game is perfection and my favorite ps2 game. The multiplayer, the free roam and the story made me spent so many hours of fun in this game, and now i still play it and love it. You could do everything like doing a tattoo or changing your hair style. Having a gang and the cheat codes where also some of the factors for this perfect game. How to describe this game by words, good actionThis game is perfection and my favorite ps2 game. The multiplayer, the free roam and the story made me spent so many hours of fun in this game, and now i still play it and love it. You could do everything like doing a tattoo or changing your hair style. Having a gang and the cheat codes where also some of the factors for this perfect game. How to describe this game by words, good action and great gameplay made this so fun and enjoyable to play to everyone and it's easy to see why everyone love this GTA game in particular. The city was so big and interesting to explore and you just couldn't get enough of it! Expand
  76. Dec 12, 2012
    San Andreas has been my greatest game of all time. I got it when it came out on the PS2 and since then I have bought a copy for PC and Xbox. Sure the 2 player on the PS2 is rubbish because you have a certain range for both people to be in. But it does have a good story line with interesting missions like one day I just couldn't stop playing. But it all pays off once you finish theSan Andreas has been my greatest game of all time. I got it when it came out on the PS2 and since then I have bought a copy for PC and Xbox. Sure the 2 player on the PS2 is rubbish because you have a certain range for both people to be in. But it does have a good story line with interesting missions like one day I just couldn't stop playing. But it all pays off once you finish the story so then you can play around with evrything. Expand
  77. Dec 29, 2012
    This game is the best PS2 game ever. Cut-scenes are really good and the graphics are absolutely beautiful. All the other PS2 games look like old and classic, though it still not as good as Liberty City on the PSP it has to be the best PS2 game of all time.
  78. May 16, 2013
    One of my favourite games.Very fun to drive around and explore since the map is so large. The voice acting story and soundtrack are good However, the shooting mechanics are the worst I have ever seen. It's almost impossible to hit someone.best gta game ever.
  79. Apr 22, 2013
    This game in my opinion is R* BEST WORK. The amount of things you can do in this game is phenomenal. There is just so much replay value in this game. If tired of missions, ride in a tank blowing stuff up. Tired of riding tanks, take to the air.

R* has taken the best of GTA3 and VC to make one of the best games of all time.
  80. Jun 5, 2013
    Not only the, besT PS 2 game. Its the best gamr ever. Gta iv was a setback. San andreas is gonna be remember forever.....foreals no Denning it..best story in gta
  81. Jul 6, 2013
    GTA San Andreas is a masterpiece, I can easily say it is the best game I have ever played. If you have not played this game you must try it. Below I list why I would highly recommend this game.

Story: This game has a huge and interesting story with excellent voice acting from some famous actors It also has great humour and shocking plot twists. Music: The music selection is excellent

Music: The music selection is excellent with amazing music from all genres but specificity 90s gangster rap.

Gameplay: This is the biggest reason San Andreas is so highly rated, you will never get bored because the story missions never feel repetitive or boring and it includes a huge list of side activities which I cannot list in this review because their is just too much content in this game.
  82. Aug 1, 2013
    La mejor versión de GTA, por lejos. Emocionante, cambiante, tirante y divertida. Sobre la amistad, las traiciones, la vida del pandillero. Excelente!!
  83. Feb 4, 2014
    Mas de 100 niveles, por lo menos unas 60 horas, una ciudad fantastica, una historia que a pesar de no ser tan grandiosa como el Vice City, se recompensa con sus personajes, la gran variedad de opciones que te da el juego, es sin duda el GTA que marco un antes y un despues.
  84. Aug 10, 2013
    I'm shocked that anyone can give this game a negative score. I've been gaming since gaming began, and let me tell you, this is the best game ever created, a true masterpiece. Playing this over Christmas 2004 was my fondest ever gaming memory, it was just so so cool and a memory i will always treasure dearly. I still fire it up from time to time 9yrs on, it never gets old!
  85. Sep 29, 2013
    Lo inmejorable ha sido mejorado en este increíble y un de mis juegos favoritos de todos los tiempos y de muchos también: "Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas" es uno de los videojuegos más impresionantes de todos los tiempos, Rockstar se lució como ninguna otra compañía: gráficos mejorados e impresionantes, mejor jugabilidad, impresionante mapa (que es gigante) y puedes hacer cualquier variedadLo inmejorable ha sido mejorado en este increíble y un de mis juegos favoritos de todos los tiempos y de muchos también: "Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas" es uno de los videojuegos más impresionantes de todos los tiempos, Rockstar se lució como ninguna otra compañía: gráficos mejorados e impresionantes, mejor jugabilidad, impresionante mapa (que es gigante) y puedes hacer cualquier variedad en ese estado que abarca Los Santos, San Fierro y Las Venturas. San Andreas es pura pasión y llorarás de la majestuosidad de este tan deseado videojuego. Expand
  86. Oct 5, 2013
    sniff sniff... memories...
    you can do anything. You can be a gangsta. Be a terrorist. Be a psycho. Be a thief. Be ANYTHING.
    JUST FRIGGIN LOVE THIS GAME!!!!! AND YOU CAN REALLY SWIM!!!! YAY!!!!
  87. Dec 26, 2013
    Another fun game from Rockstar. Unlike its predecessors, GTA: SA has new features and a larger map. You can exercise and date girls. This game includes 3 different cities with different things. This game is worth buying, and it is one of the greatest games of all time.
  88. Mar 24, 2014
    GTA:SA Is massive, there's so much content. The PS2 shouldn't have been able to run this game, Rockstar Games are wizards. The XBOX/PC version is probably better, but the PS2 being able to play this beast is more impressive.
  89. Jun 1, 2014
    I´ve been playing this game since it came out (and this is 2014), and guess what? Still playing it. The game is a legend. Even some books (all kind of) refers to them. This game is a game, that probably started the (WHOLE) thing with being interested in making RPG Games like this. Everytime im playing this, im always think "Sigh.. Where are all the good GTA Games like this anymore?" AndI´ve been playing this game since it came out (and this is 2014), and guess what? Still playing it. The game is a legend. Even some books (all kind of) refers to them. This game is a game, that probably started the (WHOLE) thing with being interested in making RPG Games like this. Everytime im playing this, im always think "Sigh.. Where are all the good GTA Games like this anymore?" And this game, even if it´s 10 years old, it still beats GTA V. Expand
  90. Sep 12, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I don't really hand out 10s, but this game deserves it.
    3 cities, (Los Santos, San Ferrio, and Las Vanterusas) really they really captured the state of California. And Rockstar Games did it in 13.9 square miles. That's small, however the destiny makes it feel massive. The drawn distance did really ruin the experience though. The gang mechanics were sort of spot on (Had it's flaws) but it's a game from 2004, so I'm not complaining. The customization was taken to the next level. No GTA so far has been able to match the customization of San Andreas. From weight lifting, to abilties, to gaining weight losing weight, to learning new fighting styles, to customizing your car, different types of clothing, etc. I would say the customization was the best part of the gang. It sets in 1992 Carl Johnson coming home from Liberty City, to bury his mother and no one really wanted him to be there really captured the moment. When his brother Sweet went to jail, and he was ran out of LOs Santos he went all over the state to get him out and kill Officer 10 penny, and his friends that betrayed him. It has it's cons, but that doesn't matter the games great.
  91. Jul 24, 2014
    The best game on the Playstation 2 for me, a all time classic and a very special memory of my childhood, sure the graphics look dated now and there are probably some flaws in game but at the time it was special, it was brilliant and it made the way for all the great games to follow, and one thing is for sure, the grand theft auto series wouldnt be as good as it is now without San andreas.
  92. Jul 2, 2014
    GTA: San Andreas - Well, it is a long I played this game for the first time, yea, it's already 10 years. I completed this game 3 times(that's not much, but it's enough), I play this game even now sometimes, mostly multiplayer, so you probably already guess it's not a common game for me.
    It's the best game I have ever played.
    The story, the gameplay, the graphics, well I shouldn't talk
    It's the best game I have ever played.

The story, the gameplay, the graphics, well I shouldn't talk about the graphics since it's 10 years old game, but they are definitely not boring, everything's so clear and nice. Since it's an open-world game you may travel through cities, farms, forests, deserts, and you enjoy it again and again.

You are a bad gangster and you kill another bad gangsters, just what's the whole GTA series about. You will definitely enjoy the game even now.

10/10 Best Game EVER
  93. Jul 17, 2014
    Wow just wow....this game was probably the most legendary game of all time and the cheats were insanely fun I was STILL playing gta :San Andreas when GTA IV came out you can't say you've lived until you've played this game
  94. Sep 12, 2014
    Easily one of the best Grand Theft Auto games ever made, there are lots of fun things to do IN THE HOLE San Andreas area and who doesn't love the main character CJ, he is a gangster. But more of a down to earth gangster, and who doesn't like flying around in a Jet pack.
  95. Sep 25, 2014
    San Andreas is Grand Theft Auto at its best, the perfect combination of freedom in a huge open-world game, a story full of surprises and own characteristics, making it unique, a map perfectly portrayed and a fluid and frantic gameplay makes Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas a masterpice in the open-world genre and in between all genres, 10/10 isn't to much? Well, just analyse how San AndreasSan Andreas is Grand Theft Auto at its best, the perfect combination of freedom in a huge open-world game, a story full of surprises and own characteristics, making it unique, a map perfectly portrayed and a fluid and frantic gameplay makes Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas a masterpice in the open-world genre and in between all genres, 10/10 isn't to much? Well, just analyse how San Andreas is important for the gaming industry and then tell me, is 10/10 worth? I guess the answer is yes. Expand
  96. Oct 5, 2014
    He to me is one of the best games ever made! is perfect! a huge map to explore! a great story! rather that it is a game Sensational! A large amount of weapons! * - *, Good game? no, no, no, the game is not good, it is an AMAZING game!
  97. Oct 19, 2014
    Five years ago Carl Johnson escaped from the pressures of life in Los Santos, San Andreas... a city tearing itself apart with gang trouble, drugs and corruption. Where filmstars and millionaires do their best to avoid the dealers and gangbangers. Now, it's the early 90s. Carl's got to go home. His mother has been murdered, his family has fallen apart and his childhood friends are allFive years ago Carl Johnson escaped from the pressures of life in Los Santos, San Andreas... a city tearing itself apart with gang trouble, drugs and corruption. Where filmstars and millionaires do their best to avoid the dealers and gangbangers. Now, it's the early 90s. Carl's got to go home. His mother has been murdered, his family has fallen apart and his childhood friends are all heading towards disaster. On his return to the neighborhood, a couple of corrupt cops frame him for homicide. CJ is forced on a journey that takes him across the entire state of San Andreas, to save his family and to take control of the streets. Expand
  98. Nov 22, 2014
    okay... this game is so good!!! this was the first GTA Game i ever played. I never stopped loving this game i STILL love it!!! well... i can't really say anything else!!! i mean... we all know why this game is god-like and there's no point in me accentuate it any longer!!!
  99. Jan 1, 2015
    This is the best GTA out of all of them, great story, great gameplay and still enjoyable 10 years later. A must have if you can get your hands on it.You play as CJ a small time gangster in a small time gang called grove street families. You have to play this a least once before you die it's a classic.
  100. Jan 5, 2015
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The best GTA game I`ve experienced after GTA 5. What sets it apart from other GTA games for me is the gang wars where you take over territories which provide a lot of entertainment outside of missions and the ability to customise vehicles and your character Expand

1. The amount of things to do in the cities of Los Santos, San Fierro, and Las Venturas is absolutely staggering... In my opinion there’s no excuse to not have a “save anywhere” feature included.
    San Andreas's chief advantage over "Vice City" is size. And for many players, that's good enough. But another group of fans will come to quietly understand that, at least for the time being, "Vice City" remains the high point of the GTA series.
    There's so much to do in this game that it's outside of my range of imagination to be able to picture me reaching a 100% complete. Unfathomable.