8.7

1. Nov 18, 2016
    Without a doubt the best grand theft auto game released so far. I've had hours of fun exploring the city and doing the side-missions. The story is interesting, even dough its by no means original.
  2. Dec 12, 2016
    This game is much better than GTA III by like a million miles. Game play and story line is top notch and mechanics is just as good. I really have nothing else to say about this game except it is a masterpiece. 10/10.
  3. Jan 26, 2017
    It does not have too many problems to play it,and it is just like watching a movie!And a great 80s crime film. so go buy this game before you regret.Also,it is a Best Plot in the gaming history ever.
  4. Jun 7, 2017
    Really fun game that still holds up today. There are two kind of people in the world- those that regard SanAndreas as the best GTA, and those that regard Vice City as the best. I'm part of the latter. The whole late 70s/early 80s vibe is spot on. The story is great with several twists. The game play is on a level where you can just run around doing random stuff for hours and have fun. ForReally fun game that still holds up today. There are two kind of people in the world- those that regard SanAndreas as the best GTA, and those that regard Vice City as the best. I'm part of the latter. The whole late 70s/early 80s vibe is spot on. The story is great with several twists. The game play is on a level where you can just run around doing random stuff for hours and have fun. For early era PS2, the map is huge, the frame rate is stable, and there are only a few loading zones (which load extremely fast). If you're late to the party, don't even think twice about giving this gem a go. It's well worth your time and money. Expand
  5. Mar 24, 2017
    If GTA 3 revolutionized the idea what an open world story based game could be..... GTA Vice City showed us what a open world story based game should be. I can sum this game up by saying it felt like I was playing through a well voice acted, slightly over the top, extremely entertaining 1980's mafia movie and that's because I kind of was.

GTA Vice City is really all about the story from

GTA Vice City is really all about the story from start to finish. The in game mechanics are really just tools you use to work your way to next chapter of the story and even those do not disappoint. Drive, shooting and moving are all functional even by today's standards and certainly do not take away from the enjoyment of the ride the story puts you on. There are so many different types of weapons and vehicles to choose from and the adjustable radio has so many great songs and funny talk shows to choose from. There is so much depth to the characters and their stories which is supported by great voice acting that rivals or exceeds a lot of the garbage we see in today's games. You find yourself getting attached to a lot of these characters due to some great character development and want to learn more and more about them. There is no shortage side missions and mini missions to keep you entertained between story missions if you want to do them and I really loved the business portfolio system that gave you even more missions to perform and allows you to generate an income. It genuinely feels like a mob game should in the GTA context. The story to me is what puts this game over the top. From beginning to end you just want to see what is going to happen next and I was never disappointed at any point.

I have played and beaten this game more times then any other since I started playing games when I was a kid. So far in my video game playing experience (20 years) GTA Vice City is by far my favorite game of all time and is currently the only game I have ever given a perfect score for. GTA Vice City has been replicated by many but will never be bested. One of a kind. 10/10 Exceptional
  6. ysi
    Mar 29, 2017
    Perfect score 10. This is the game that started my addiction for GTA franchise. It was love at first sight in GTA 3, but it's true love in GTA Vice City. It's got it all. The 80s atmosphere, the music, the gangs, memorable characters, and cool references and satirical. A classic indeed!
  7. May 30, 2017
    This is my favorite GTA out of all of the series.

This is my favorite GTA out of all of the series.

The ultimate time capsule of the 1980s. This is one of the greatest video games ever made. The soundtrack IS the greatest licensed soundtrack in video game history. The graphics are perfect and look much smoother and nicer than GTA 3. The gameplay is fantastic and has much more interactability than GTA 3 until San Andreas came out. A lot of tributes to eighties films and tv shows like Scarface, Carlito's Way, Reservoir Dogs and Miami Vice. Fantastic voice acting from some of my favourite actors like Ray Liotta, Robert Davi, Burt Reynolds and Dennis Hopper. You can spend hours on finding collectibles, rampages, stunt jumps, RC races, vehicle side missions and asset takeover missions. The story is superb. It's a tribute to Scarface done to perfection.

You can tell that Rockstar put months of effort into creating a beloved masterpiece.
    Overall I give this game a perfect 10. People must play Vice City. It's a game that will never be matched and will never age.

#1 Most Discussed PS2 Game of 2002
#3 Most Shared PS2 Game of 2002

No excuses, you’re gonna have to buy this. Unless you don’t own a PS2, in which case, get out of our Internet!
    It's enormous, packed with an immense amount of gameplay, and it's a truly unique gameplay experience...This year's most impressive title, by a log shot.
  3. This is a long game, longer than GTA3 because there are far more missions in this game in a far larger area.