8.7

1. May 11, 2015
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Great atmosphere. One of the best games on ps2. I do not have to say anything more. But i need to write one hundred and fifty characters. i think my score can describe it. Expand
  2. Nov 29, 2014
    "I poke my head out of the gutter for one freakin' second and fate shovels sh*t in my face".

Ahhh, Grand Theft Auto: Vice City, what a pleasure it was to play this game! I had a tremendous amount of fun with this game, from getting laid by a prostitute then beating her to death with my baseball bat just to get my money back! Oh, and extra health! It's a win-win situation! Tommy

Ahhh, Grand Theft Auto: Vice City, what a pleasure it was to play this game!

Tommy Vercetti, the guy who can survive multiple gun shots and explosions but can't swim... 11/10!

The soundtrack to this game is amazing! In my honest opinion it's by far one of the best soundtrack that the Grand Theft Auto series has to offer! It even beats GTA V soundtrack (IMHO).

It was a challenging game, especially the RC Helicopter mission where you have to blow up the building on the construction site, that mission was infuriating! To this day I still have problems completing it first time round!

I was so excited to find out you could purchase the "Cherry Popper Ice Cream Factory", my first thoughts were, selling ice creams to the people of Vice City would be pretty awesome, that was until I found out it was Coke I was actually selling.

The game is also full of funny innuendo's, whether you hearing them on the radio, "I just luuuurve the batter all over my face". VCPR (The radio station) is also very funny!

For a Playstation 2 game, there was a lot you cold do! There's a reason these games have an 18 rating!

A MUST HAVE game for you collection.
  3. Oct 19, 2014
    Welcome to Vice City. Welcome to the 1980s. Having just made it back onto the streets of Liberty City after a long stretch in maximum security, Tommy Vercetti is sent to Vice City by his old boss, Sonny Forelli. They were understandably nervous about his re-appearance in Liberty City, so a trip down south seemed like a good idea. But all does not go smoothly upon his arrival in theWelcome to Vice City. Welcome to the 1980s. Having just made it back onto the streets of Liberty City after a long stretch in maximum security, Tommy Vercetti is sent to Vice City by his old boss, Sonny Forelli. They were understandably nervous about his re-appearance in Liberty City, so a trip down south seemed like a good idea. But all does not go smoothly upon his arrival in the glamorous, hedonistic metropolis of Vice City. He's set up and is left with no money and no merchandise. Sonny wants his money back, but the biker gangs, Cuban gangsters, and corrupt politicians stand in his way. Most of Vice City seems to want Tommy dead. His only answer is to fight back and take over the city himself. Vice City offers vehicular pleasures to suit every taste. For the speed enthusiast, there's high-performance cars and motorbikes. For the sportsman, a powerboat or a golf buggy lets you enjoy the great outdoors. For those that need that sense of freedom and escape, why not charter a helicopter and see the beauty of Vice City from the air? Expand
  4. Jun 10, 2014
    OH MY GOD 10/10!!!!! OH MY GOD 10/10!!!!! OH MY GOD 10/10!!!!! OH MY GOD 10/10!!!!! OH MY GOD 10/10!!!!! OH MY GOD 10/10!!!!! OH MY GOD 10/10!!!!!
  5. May 20, 2014
    Gta III revolution to 3d open world open the door for more real life based games, Vice City improves it's story to the max of it's potential and create realism to the game. The free roaming improves with more detailed graphics than it's predecessor and with a touch of comedy into it. The are decent, bad and awesome at times; great acting from is vivid characters and fun playing itGta III revolution to 3d open world open the door for more real life based games, Vice City improves it's story to the max of it's potential and create realism to the game. The free roaming improves with more detailed graphics than it's predecessor and with a touch of comedy into it. The are decent, bad and awesome at times; great acting from is vivid characters and fun playing it despite that doesn't climb nor swim. This is the best GTA game I ever played 9 out of 10. Expand
  6. Jan 1, 2014
    Vice City is a huge improvement over GTA 3 in terms of the open world, characters, vehicles and just about everything else. A real videogame triumph not to be missed.
  7. Nov 22, 2013
    I'm not going to have Vice City for it's graphics, or it's story, no, I'm going to hate Vice City for it's underwhelming, dull and uninspired gameplay. The missions are dull, and sometimes don't work properly. The inability to hold weapons after being arrested is beyond stupid, the motion blur genuinely hurt my eyes, the characters are underdeveloped and unlikeable as a result, and theI'm not going to have Vice City for it's graphics, or it's story, no, I'm going to hate Vice City for it's underwhelming, dull and uninspired gameplay. The missions are dull, and sometimes don't work properly. The inability to hold weapons after being arrested is beyond stupid, the motion blur genuinely hurt my eyes, the characters are underdeveloped and unlikeable as a result, and the fast responses of the cops, with the stupid 'arrest' mechanic ruined the sandbox experience I would expect. A very poor game that I would not recommend. Expand
  8. Oct 31, 2013
    in the time this game was released he was the game of all your life,it was the third gta with better graphics and with a lot of famous people dubbing the characters.
  9. Sep 29, 2013
    Todos... De nuevo, TODOS deben haber jugado este juego de tan legendario que es, el primer capítulo de una de las franquicias más poderosas en la historia de los videojuegos: "Grand Theft Auto: Vice City" se ha convertido, para mí en uno de los mejores títulos de la PlayStation 2. Un juego histórico que merece ser alabado por todos hoy, mañana y en generaciones futuras, pues su legado esTodos... De nuevo, TODOS deben haber jugado este juego de tan legendario que es, el primer capítulo de una de las franquicias más poderosas en la historia de los videojuegos: "Grand Theft Auto: Vice City" se ha convertido, para mí en uno de los mejores títulos de la PlayStation 2. Un juego histórico que merece ser alabado por todos hoy, mañana y en generaciones futuras, pues su legado es impresionante, que más se puede decir de este título, sin dudas lo tiene todo. Impresionante labor de Rockstar. Expand
  10. Sep 20, 2013
    I cant imagine that its been 10 years since this came out. GTA VICE CITY is a prequel to GTA III and it came out a year after III. There are a few minor improvements in VC than in III but that doesn't change the fact that VC is a masterpiece. The game is a throwback to movies like SCARFACE, CARLITO'S WAY, and the TV show MIAMI VICE because Vice City is based off Miami, like Liberty City isI cant imagine that its been 10 years since this came out. GTA VICE CITY is a prequel to GTA III and it came out a year after III. There are a few minor improvements in VC than in III but that doesn't change the fact that VC is a masterpiece. The game is a throwback to movies like SCARFACE, CARLITO'S WAY, and the TV show MIAMI VICE because Vice City is based off Miami, like Liberty City is based off New York. GTA VICE CITY remains one of my fave games off all time. 10/10 Expand
  11. Sis
    Sep 19, 2013
    One of the coolest games ever made. The nostalgia is overwhelming and the gameplay is fantastic! This is hands down the best GTA game to play without cheats(If you want to play with cheats, I recommend GTA: San Andreas).
  12. Aug 11, 2013
    The hands down GTA champ of the PS2/Xbox era. Its a giant leap forward from GTA III and much more consistent than GTA SA. There's so much to do and the setting is perfect. 10/10
  13. Aug 6, 2013
    This game is really fun and made me fall in love with sandbox game. GTA Vice City is different form the games before it. Vice City was bright and was heavily based on Scarface the movie. The 80's music makes me enjoy the game that much more, the graphics don't hold up. That's not really the games fault because of where gaming was at the time but it some times takes away from the storyThis game is really fun and made me fall in love with sandbox game. GTA Vice City is different form the games before it. Vice City was bright and was heavily based on Scarface the movie. The 80's music makes me enjoy the game that much more, the graphics don't hold up. That's not really the games fault because of where gaming was at the time but it some times takes away from the story because a character looks like garbage. The game besides how it looks its really fun. The games map is really big, there are a lot of side stuff that will entertain you and will help you get everything. There will never be a moment of boredom as long as you are doing a quest. There are many things that I can say but I will let those who haven't played it have there own experience with this video game classic. Expand
  14. Jun 20, 2013
    Vice City is pretty much a classic for the PS2. You could say that it's not as revolutionary as GTA III but in terms of gameplay and missions it's unparalleled. This game deserves all the recognition it get's because it's one of the greatest ever.
  15. Jun 19, 2013
    Game is amazing. Great story line, great characters, great all around. The only reason why I did not give it a 10 is because the controls are sometimes suspect. But this is a fun, fun game. If you haven't played it yet, get it on iOS or PSN.
  16. Jun 12, 2013
    Tommy Vercetti, having just been released from a long stint in jail, is sent to Vice City by his old boss, Sonny Forelli. Unfortunately during his first drug buy he is set up and is left with no money or merchandise. With Sonny demanding his money back and everyone else seemingly wanting him dead Tommy realises his only chance is to take over Vice City himself.

Grand Theft Auto III may

Grand Theft Auto III may have been the first to take the open world game into 3D but it was Vice City that really took it to its limit. The city itself, based on Miami is, is more vibrant and interesting than any other in the GTA series allowing for hugely diverse missions involving motorbikes, boats, helicopters and even planes. Unlike the most recent outing entertainment, rather than realism, seems to have been the main concern when devising these missions. As the game progresses your impact on the city can really be felt leading to a fantastic finale set within your mansion (think Scarface!).

A quick mention also for the 1980's soundtrack that has yet to be matched. It features a mix of hilarious talk and music stations featuring the likes of Michael Jackson, Roxy Music and Kate Bush and really adds to the sense that you inhabit a living, breathing world.

This is the Playstation 2's best game without doubt.
  17. Apr 3, 2013
    This is one of the best sandbox games ever made. Huge step from GTA III. Looking back and comparing San Andreas and Vice City, Vice City could have used some edge in storyline sometimes. Asset missions interrupts the main story line for a while.
    Cruising in Vice City is allthough one of the best experiences I´ve had while gaming.
  18. Feb 1, 2013
    Dude, IDGAF what anybody says, Vice City is easily the best Grand Theft Auto game out there. It's just made of complete and total awesome. Throw in the wicked 80's soundtrack and it can't be beat.
  19. Jan 7, 2013
    Gta Vice city is yet another master piece from the greatest gaming franchise of all... Rockstar Games. This game is simply amazing with great visuals, a Stella cast of voice actors and immersive storyline this is my personnel favourite GTA. An utter Classic thanks Rockstar.
  20. Dec 16, 2012
    Very good game! One of the best free roaming games ever made. Very good plot, gameplay and graphics. Superb sound and music. Super-recommended, if you like its genre.
  21. Dec 4, 2012
    I love the 80s and I love Grand Theft Auto. I cum in my pants when I play this. It's that good. Great soundtrack, great story, great graphics for its time and great gameplay. **** you if you didn't like it when it came out
  22. Nov 9, 2012
    Honestly, I think GTA 3 is better, but this is still a great game. The missions are varied, the graphics are beautiful for 2002, and its overall fun to play.
  23. Oct 11, 2012
    If I'm going to finish Vice City, I'm going to need some painkillers. The only complement I have to give to this game is for the music. Worst combat I've ever tried in a video game, honestly. In addition it consists of terrible camera angles, if there's a guy next to you, you have to start looking around in first person like a moron, because the aim-assist doesn't work from where theIf I'm going to finish Vice City, I'm going to need some painkillers. The only complement I have to give to this game is for the music. Worst combat I've ever tried in a video game, honestly. In addition it consists of terrible camera angles, if there's a guy next to you, you have to start looking around in first person like a moron, because the aim-assist doesn't work from where the camera is placed at any given time. What does it depend on then you ask? The direction the character is facing, which is ridiculous. Which brings me to my next complaint. Why did they bind the aiming to the left analog stick with the rifles, making only the aim-assist weapons like the shotgun bearable, was it their goal to make the controllers dramatically different in comparison to every other game in the world to make it a challenge for all the wrong reasons? I can handle a challenge, but not because of bad controls, that's completely the wrong way to go about it. And the pacing isn't very good either, games should be about applying what you've learned so far as you gradually become better, which is not present here, it's all about successfully bypassing the randomness that is the city. Graphics were superior in GTA 3. the missions feel like doing chores, and honestly I couldn't care less about the story - seems to me some wannabe gangster story for teenagers. You will also find your imminent death right around the corner just because your car happens to flip over, or a cop comes around the corner. Speaking of cops, they are the most aggressive police force in history, if you get stuck with your car you can bet your ass they are going to drive into it in full speed, resulting in it flipping upside down starting to burn immediately, or you can even try running in an attempt to seek for a new car only to find that the only cars are police ones. Unless of course you happen to be close to a Paint Garage where they are watching you from the outside, showing how little emphasis has been put on realism. I recently played Mass Effect 1 which is known to have an inferior combat system to the sequel, but it is nothing compared to this. I can't go past 2 missions without wanting to throw the controller at my brand new TV. Even when I get a Mission Accomplished screen I don't feel like I've accomplished **** and it just so happened that during that particular attempt I didn't have a car hit me from the side when passing an intersection, or that for once the camera angle happened to be pointing at enemies and potential roadblocks. I'd like to meet this fella who came up with the idea to bind the right analog stick to first person scenery, what on earth was he thinking. Trying to go into a alleyway with this camera system is suicide, because you can't see what you're shooting at. I'm 27% into the story and this game is already giving me more headaches than playing through God of War, which is a harder game, but at least when you die you are able to blame yourself - it is not an experience comparable to the coincidental deaths in Vice City. The map is godawful and doesn't show what direction you're heading, which makes me realise this is an old game that hasn't aged very well. If you **** up a mission, most of your time will be spent afterwards doing the exact same thing over and over until you reach the last part of the mission again. It's a waste of time, just let me restart where the challenge starts, it's not a challenge driving to the mission so why would I want to do it all over again? The taxi waiting outside is intended to take care of this problem, but you still have to enter the mission, and then drive to wherever you have to go, leading to myself wasting enormous amounts of spare time. I'm currently stuck on a mission because I didn't run back and save after every successful mission, leading to my character losing his weapons every now and then, and me having to repurchase them. Now I can't afford the properties to move on past mission V, which the game made no effort to inform me of, and I'm left with options like having to drive around in cab to collect hundreds of thousand dollars, which unfortunately is something I'm not willing to do on my spare time. Rockstar's concepts with this game was something along the lines of: Here's a timer for 15 minutes, I see you happened to get the first 14 minutes right and you are now driving over a bridge, we programmed this sequence so that the driver in the opposite lane will now switch lanes so that your car flips through the air and into the water - leading you to die a slow and painful death. We made this decision because lacking remorse, and feel that you should have to play all our missions at least twice, just to make the game appear longer and more "hardcore". Expand
  24. Aug 22, 2012
    This game is my favorite GTA III Era game. It has style, story and big pack of action. I grew on this game (along with GTA3 and GTA San Andreas). One of the best games EVER.
  25. Aug 15, 2012
    an awesome game indeed! i love the gameplay and the radio stations, especially K-Chat! that one had me gut laughing most of the time, anyways i don't like the cops in this game and they are very annoying, for instance, two people are having a brawl and the cop just passes by like nothing is happening, then when i want to beat them up too, the officer turns around and starts beating me withan awesome game indeed! i love the gameplay and the radio stations, especially K-Chat! that one had me gut laughing most of the time, anyways i don't like the cops in this game and they are very annoying, for instance, two people are having a brawl and the cop just passes by like nothing is happening, then when i want to beat them up too, the officer turns around and starts beating me with his stick! :( Expand
  26. Jul 28, 2012
    i had the ps2 for my entire childhood and this was one of the only games i'd play since i was 6 to the age i am now this game is always my fav its just pure game the cheats are hilarious (i.e flying cars) the graphics are amazing (B***H who the hell cares about graphics) the story was legendary and i craved for more after i was done and the time you can play this for Jesus i think I'vei had the ps2 for my entire childhood and this was one of the only games i'd play since i was 6 to the age i am now this game is always my fav its just pure game the cheats are hilarious (i.e flying cars) the graphics are amazing (B***H who the hell cares about graphics) the story was legendary and i craved for more after i was done and the time you can play this for Jesus i think I've clocked in over 500+ hours of just free roam into that game and over 50+ into the campaign may the next GTA be just like this one Expand
  27. Jul 23, 2012
    When this game came out there was no such thing as flying a helicopter over a sprawling city in any other video game. There was no such thing as a rich and funny storyline stretched over a diverse and exciting city. Today, you may have seen better, but Vice City truly openend up for a bigger kind of gaming back then. I was very sceptic that a new "spin" on GTA III could be worth anything,When this game came out there was no such thing as flying a helicopter over a sprawling city in any other video game. There was no such thing as a rich and funny storyline stretched over a diverse and exciting city. Today, you may have seen better, but Vice City truly openend up for a bigger kind of gaming back then. I was very sceptic that a new "spin" on GTA III could be worth anything, but it blew everyone away. The soundtrack was also sold seperately in a boxed set. It represented the coolest music of the era in all genres. I agree with the many who place Vice City high in the GTA series. Expand
  28. Jul 20, 2012
    As many people said before "I grew up with this game" so did I. It was amazing how cars got on fire and people head exploded when shot with sniper. "OMG" and boats... oh goood awsome. Was a best game many years ago but for today you cant compare this game with GTA IV ect. So 10/10! Second good GTA after GTA:LONDON :)
  29. May 22, 2012
    With great story, great radio stations (including the commercials), great vehicles, all around great sense of style, hilarious characters and great gameplay... this is by far one of the top 5 to have on PS2.
  30. Apr 5, 2012
    while not as good as 3 this game is still a true marvel awesome shooting outrages fun with missions. driving is same as ever but still fun. The character kodels are impressive too still a 10
  31. Dec 14, 2011
    For me this was superior to GTA3 in every single way. Just like in GTA3 most of the time i was just cruising, listen to music. I loved the ending "boss" reminiscent of scar face. This game IS a must buy.
  32. Nov 25, 2011
    Missions, side missions, races, police chases, taxi missions, vigilante missions, firetruck missions, ambulance missions, pizza boy missions, rampages, hidden packages, unique jumps, safehouses, shops, exploration, and, of course, whatever the heck you want!! Pretty much the best video game in the market. The end.
  33. Sep 22, 2011
    Well, according to what I know, players that were completely "Viced" on Grand Theft Auto 3 fell in love with some new options available on Vice City such as riding a bike for the very first time, new weapons, new environment and lots of new minigames and side missions.
  34. Jun 12, 2011
    Game play needed polishing. Difficulty spikes untimely in the plot. I like the setting and time period much more than III, and it was one of the funnest games around when it was first released.
  35. Jan 6, 2011
    as grand theft auto games go this is my favorite of the series . the best story in the series and you have Ray liotta the man who played henry hill in good fellas the greatest mob movie ever doing the main charicter in this game as tommy gives this game a big hit of personality. the game has a great sound track of 80s music which really helps set the 80s mood of the game. lots moreas grand theft auto games go this is my favorite of the series . the best story in the series and you have Ray liotta the man who played henry hill in good fellas the greatest mob movie ever doing the main charicter in this game as tommy gives this game a big hit of personality. the game has a great sound track of 80s music which really helps set the 80s mood of the game. lots more vehicles have been added and now you can finnaly fly some real plains and helicopters. a huge increase to the gun selection . the missions are alot of fun . the AI is still pretty iffy and the game is abit buggy and glitchy. the game is also pretty hard . i manage to beat the first GTA3 with out codes but i couldnt beat this one even with codes . still its a fun game and i spent alot of time sandboxing this . Expand
  36. Dec 22, 2010
    I think this game kinda sucks. A lot. The graphics suck too, bad. You can't even see they're emotions. Lamest game on the PS2. Don't buy it. Please just don't buy it.
  37. Dec 16, 2010
    Compared to GTA III, Vice City SUCKS BALLS!Don't get me wrong is not very bad, but the controls is sometimes awkward, but the action blazes.............again..............Not much to say.......Not bad, but not enough......................
  38. Oct 3, 2010
    Not as good as GTA III but the whole atmosphere and feel of the era in this game is done superbly and overall this was a fun game, just not as revolutionary as it's predecessor.
  39. Aug 12, 2010
    One the greatest games ever made for the PS2, and no doubt my favorite Grand Theft Auto game ever made. It is a must by for anyone who likes free-roaming type games with a good Scarface type story-line and lots of weapons and cars.
  40. JamesD.
    Jan 28, 2010
    The most beautiful GTA game I've ever played. When I first saw the original trailer with Kool & the Gang's hit track Summer Madness, I thought this game was absolutely gorgeous. The experience is thoroughly entertaining and whilst it retains most of the textures and animations of GTA III but it is a much grander experience overall.
  41. ssseeeeeee
    Jan 3, 2010
    Amazing game! Best PS2 game for sure! Wish they would make some kind of a remake from this, or new game from the same setting.
  42. AnonymousMC
    Sep 24, 2009
    I've played worse games, and I've played better games. There is fun to be had here, don't get me wrong. The soundtrack is killer, the vehicles handle pretty well, and you can do almost anything you want. This is held back by the controls and camera. If I move the right stick, I don't want an immediate and temporary change to first-person view. I want to actually beI've played worse games, and I've played better games. There is fun to be had here, don't get me wrong. The soundtrack is killer, the vehicles handle pretty well, and you can do almost anything you want. This is held back by the controls and camera. If I move the right stick, I don't want an immediate and temporary change to first-person view. I want to actually be able to see behind me without holding down extra buttons. Then there's the controls. While usually responsive, melee combat isn't, and suffers for it. Also, there's a meh targeting system. Overall, though, it's a competent game, and you could have some fun with it. I enjoy it, but it's nothing mind-blowing. Expand
  43. [anonymous]
    Aug 18, 2009
    youd have to be a complete idiot to say that this game is better than san andreas. while i liked the setting it in no way surpasses the story line of san andreas, its not as big, theres way less things to do after the main story, the setting isnt as varied or robust, you cant swim etc. the story in this game is good but it just doesnt match up. this is a 9 but san andreas is a 10, its youd have to be a complete idiot to say that this game is better than san andreas. while i liked the setting it in no way surpasses the story line of san andreas, its not as big, theres way less things to do after the main story, the setting isnt as varied or robust, you cant swim etc. the story in this game is good but it just doesnt match up. this is a 9 but san andreas is a 10, its just the truth Expand
  44. MatthewCool
    Aug 5, 2009
    it is very good id play it over and over again better than gta3 much like scarface (the shootouts) miami vice(cops in sports cars) and other stuff like great 80s music and the mission might get very annoying but the game is makes it fun nonetheless
  45. MaxM
    Nov 22, 2008
    Possibly my favourite game of all time. Dramatic, Funny and the look and feel of the City was breathtaking. If you wanted something to remind you of the 80's you could do much worse then this. There was a huge choice in vehicles and weapons. A great choice in music as well as humorous radio DJ's. Tommy Vercetti was a marvelous character who could create some chemistry between Possibly my favourite game of all time. Dramatic, Funny and the look and feel of the City was breathtaking. If you wanted something to remind you of the 80's you could do much worse then this. There was a huge choice in vehicles and weapons. A great choice in music as well as humorous radio DJ's. Tommy Vercetti was a marvelous character who could create some chemistry between the player and himself. The purchase property was a massive plus, the stroyline never got dull and the gang warfare was awesome. No GTA game has managed to pass the greatness GTA Vice City Achieved. Expand
  46. HarryL.
    May 27, 2008
    Simply the best game I have ever played, yes GTA 4 is realistic, but nothing can beat the slick hair does, the flowery suites, and the stunning dialogge, yes missions can get repetative, but as the same with every game, like the shooting games, look left shoot look right shoot, this game has to be the ultimate for fun, and the perfect size of the map, and the great spacial awareness the Simply the best game I have ever played, yes GTA 4 is realistic, but nothing can beat the slick hair does, the flowery suites, and the stunning dialogge, yes missions can get repetative, but as the same with every game, like the shooting games, look left shoot look right shoot, this game has to be the ultimate for fun, and the perfect size of the map, and the great spacial awareness the creators put into the game, 100% brilliant. Expand
  47. ClintT.
    Jan 20, 2008
    This is a brilliant, humorous satire in much the same vein as other GTA games. It owes a lot to films such as Scarface (similar plot and a couple of the shootouts in Vice City are similar to the final hurrah of Tony Montana as well as countless other references) and Carlito
  48. HenrikS.
    Jun 7, 2007
    Great game, fun and addictive.
  49. KickA.
    May 16, 2007
    Hands down this is the second best gta game (next to san andeas of course) It kicks the crap out of gta 3 cuz you can basically do anything ANYTIHNG you want to. The only reason that its not as good as san adreas is cuz the city is a little bit smaller and the graphics arent as good. Oh and i agree the music is kick a.s! (compared to all the other music in this series. the best thing Hands down this is the second best gta game (next to san andeas of course) It kicks the crap out of gta 3 cuz you can basically do anything ANYTIHNG you want to. The only reason that its not as good as san adreas is cuz the city is a little bit smaller and the graphics arent as good. Oh and i agree the music is kick a.s! (compared to all the other music in this series. the best thing about this game is being able to jack stuff that can fly, helicopters are the best mode of transpertation by far...) $ TIGHT GAME $ Expand
  50. SWEETGAME
    Mar 10, 2007
    Everyone who said that vice city was lame can go suck an Xbox. This was the greatest GTA game, even better than VCS, and is so vivid. the only downsides are no multiplayer and you need your parents to purchase it with you. crap. But still a fricken good game. The second best series ever on ps2, right after SOCOM us navy seals series.
  51. MichaelH
    Jan 29, 2007
    I hate this game because it is so annoying! You can never find anything on it and you always die! It is really boring.
  52. TomiB.
    Dec 31, 2006
    It's like 'Miami Vice'! All 80's again, esp. the MUSIC! My personal favorite: V-Rock! w/Lazlow... If ya can get Tommy V. to do the same for CJ like GTA San Andreas, or vice versa, put Tommy like CJ, then the game is set!
  53. SarelmB.
    Oct 31, 2006
    This was a great game, but so unoriginal. It is obvious that this is based on Scarface. If you haven't seen that movie, but played this game watch the movie, and you will know they are the same thing. But still awesome game all in all.
  54. ApocalypseB.
    Oct 29, 2006
    Vice City is a superb game, no doubt! The Scarface theme and the era is as golden as the storyline and the comical radio broadcasts. But the area, lack of decent stunt chances and things to do within it are limited compared to San Andreas, thus making the latter a much better game. But VC has better graphics than SA and for me, is still a fanastic game to play for an hour if you get stuck Vice City is a superb game, no doubt! The Scarface theme and the era is as golden as the storyline and the comical radio broadcasts. But the area, lack of decent stunt chances and things to do within it are limited compared to San Andreas, thus making the latter a much better game. But VC has better graphics than SA and for me, is still a fanastic game to play for an hour if you get stuck on SA. Now for Bully! Expand
  55. Mobius
    Oct 17, 2006
    Vice City's best asspect has got to be its music and the introduction to vehicles that fly, being able to fly over Vice city just add another level to the game, you can now pick this game up in the bargain bins for less than a price of a PS2 magazine (I got mine for £3.99), for £30 if you shop around you can get Liberty Citys Story's, Vice City and San andreas, this Vice City's best asspect has got to be its music and the introduction to vehicles that fly, being able to fly over Vice city just add another level to the game, you can now pick this game up in the bargain bins for less than a price of a PS2 magazine (I got mine for £3.99), for £30 if you shop around you can get Liberty Citys Story's, Vice City and San andreas, this is the best time to own a PS2 as the games for them are now dirt cheap which makes all these game worth that bit more. Expand
  56. CharlieG.
    Jun 6, 2006
    I absolutely know that San Andreas is a better game, but when it comes to the music and storyline, Vice City burns San Andreas. Oh yeah, if you have not played San Andreas and play Vice City, you will worship a video game to the fullest.
  57. Antonio
    Apr 29, 2006
    Vice city I think is better then san adreas beacuse after you complet it hardly nothink to do and vice city feels like your in a real world which san adrears feels like a small area but vice city havnt got that good graphics as san andreas if it did it will be worth buying.
  58. BrianD.
    Jan 4, 2006
    I dont even give it a point for violence this time. The controls STILL suck and the graphics are horrible. it suffers the same problems of the first game. The only reason this game sells is for the shock value that really isnt that shocking.
  59. JasonB.
    Nov 16, 2005
    GTA 3 was great, and Im sure it was difficult to follow it up. But they managed to do so, and with alot of Flair! The setting is just plain awesome, esspecially if you were into Miami Vice, Knight Rider, the A-Team and other shows from that era. Gameplay is improved over the original slightly, but the setting is what makes this game better than the original.
  60. JohnG.
    May 4, 2005
    A must have for any gamer.
  61. MikeS.
    Feb 5, 2005
    After playing all the way through San Andreas, it becomes obvious that Vice City is the better game. Sure, it lacks a lot of great new features, but Vice City just feels like a perfect game, which Andreas doesn't.
  62. AndyS.
    Dec 29, 2004
    There are simply no flaws in this game... well i can't say i like drowning, and comparing it to the range of new vehicles in GTA San Andreas, it's not the best it could be. I don't really mind the fact that you can't customize your guy, but the cloths make up for that, and the story is just amazing. The weapon desingn is out of this world and the great color of this There are simply no flaws in this game... well i can't say i like drowning, and comparing it to the range of new vehicles in GTA San Andreas, it's not the best it could be. I don't really mind the fact that you can't customize your guy, but the cloths make up for that, and the story is just amazing. The weapon desingn is out of this world and the great color of this game is definatly an uplift. There's only one thig to do in this game...PLAY! Expand
  63. ArseniyK.
    Sep 28, 2004
    This is one of the best games for ps2.good graphics, great gameplay, and so fun youll be playing it for hours! this deserves a 20!!!
  64. DarrenM.
    Aug 26, 2004
    Brilliant! As a kid of the 80s I love this...a mix of Miami Vice & Scarface! wooooo!
  65. Y.C.
    Aug 6, 2004
    If i could i would give VC an 11.The freedom to do whatever you want, plus a compelling storyline and levels, awesome graphics and game play make this game better than GTA 3.
  66. SamS.
    Jul 22, 2004
    This is an enjoyable game at some points I like 3 better than vice city mainly because it gets me in more of a crime like mood and the controls are better. I rarely get in a crimey mood in Vice City but when I do i'ts better than 3, but like I said, those moments are rare. Also, the lighting is much better in 3. Great game but at the bottom of the river compared to 3.
  67. SeanB
    Jul 15, 2004
    Personally, I like VC better than GTA3. Don't bother to listen to the people that say one is waaaaay better than the other one. EASILY the best series on PS2, probably in all platforms too. It's very tough to decide which one is better, almost as tough as trying to beat the game itself, let alone the fabled 100%. Because both GTA's are so deep, you can just sum up Personally, I like VC better than GTA3. Don't bother to listen to the people that say one is waaaaay better than the other one. EASILY the best series on PS2, probably in all platforms too. It's very tough to decide which one is better, almost as tough as trying to beat the game itself, let alone the fabled 100%. Because both GTA's are so deep, you can just sum up everything into one word: Perfect. Maybe San Andreas will settle the dispute one which is better. (Hopefully) Expand
  68. G.H.
    Jun 30, 2004
    It is simply yhe best game ever played. it is way better than gta 3.
  69. DavidA.
    Jun 28, 2004
    Man did I love this game it is simply cool to the extreme and thought I think my parents wouldn't like it much. I have to say I would give it a 20.
  70. SlamDunk
    May 25, 2004
    What is wrong with the reviewers these days? I mean, giving a maximum score of 8/10 to a game that is fun, original and has practically endless replay value (for example in one review, "lifespan = 8/10", now, that is just plain wrong). One thing I have noted in the reviews goes something like "TrackMania does not require so much driving skills and is not a racing game but mainly a track What is wrong with the reviewers these days? I mean, giving a maximum score of 8/10 to a game that is fun, original and has practically endless replay value (for example in one review, "lifespan = 8/10", now, that is just plain wrong). One thing I have noted in the reviews goes something like "TrackMania does not require so much driving skills and is not a racing game but mainly a track building/puzzle game"...erm, hello? Yeah, there's puzzles and track building but in the heart of TM there is a true racing game and it is all about driving skills. Also... TrackMania is a game where the graphics are not so important. Graphics suit the gameplay very well, no complaints. The gameplay, on the other hand, is what really matters and it is simply superb. To me, online play is the heart of TrackMania. It's all about having fun and enjoying the tracks that people make. Expand
  71. ZacM.
    May 9, 2004
    Best Game ever!!!! People who think not they must be crazy becuz they have no common sense. Must Buy!!!
  72. khgui9g
    May 1, 2004
    ITS COOL AS SH.T.
  73. OscarV.
    Apr 25, 2004
    This is the best game ever1 Forget GTA 3. best graphics and everthing. If ur tired u could just cruise. I cant wait till GTA San Andreas (Comes out October 18, 2004).
  74. JohnB.
    Apr 17, 2004
    Absolutely fantasic , 1 of da best.
  75. JAKEL.
    Mar 20, 2004
    A good game ... but not as good as III in terms of storyline.
  76. JustinM.
    Mar 15, 2004
    Motorcycles and lots more sports car is cool, but the story is not as good as gtaIII. Like them both the same.
  77. AndrewJ.
    Jan 31, 2004
    A really good, fun mafia game.
  78. FernandoC.
    Jan 26, 2004
    Spanish Comment: Asi deberian ser todos los juegos de Play2.. largos, interesantes, buenas graficas, buen sonido, con multiples posibilidades... De lo mejor... sino lo tiene en su bibioteca de juegos es imperdonable...
  79. PIRANHAg.
    Jan 7, 2004
    Quality´s back!!!!
  80. KyleK.
    Nov 14, 2003
    Great game all round, can be improved by having more missions and making them harder.
  81. KyleK.
    Nov 14, 2003
  82. GabrielL.
    Oct 31, 2003
    Its the most fun I had on the PS2. Graphix not perfect, but the game is. :)
  83. K.H.
    Oct 14, 2003
    10+++++ Everybody seems to think that the point of this game is just to run around and kill hookers, (which IS fun) But it kicks so much more ASS than that. Just......just buy it....please.
  84. JonathanF.(Therevisedvote)
    Oct 12, 2003
    This game rules. As Tommy Vercetti you can do whatever the hell you want and still just drive into a car service joint to erase any record of the crime ever happening. It's like ... not the Godfather of PS2 games (that honour goes to GTA 3) but instead more like the Don. If GTA3 was Gran Turismo 3, then this would be GT Concept. Not quite as good as GTA3, but as a spin-off of the GTA This game rules. As Tommy Vercetti you can do whatever the hell you want and still just drive into a car service joint to erase any record of the crime ever happening. It's like ... not the Godfather of PS2 games (that honour goes to GTA 3) but instead more like the Don. If GTA3 was Gran Turismo 3, then this would be GT Concept. Not quite as good as GTA3, but as a spin-off of the GTA series it does more than merely keep you occupied until GTA4 comes out ... it really takes over your life. Long live Tommy! Expand
  85. ChaddS.
    Sep 24, 2003
    What can you say about this game except that it is so damn good. I mean look at it, the graphics may not be up to scratch but thats not what matters,the game itself is fantastic no doubt about it.I would reccomend it to anyone.
  86. NunuB.
    Sep 12, 2003
    This game is good but has too many glitches.
  87. RJBlake
    Sep 7, 2003
    this game is good but it feezes if it did not freeze it would be awsome rockstar has to work on that for a better gta.
  88. BrandonL.
    Aug 21, 2003
    Hey, a sequel! Basically, this is a direct port of GTA III for PC to the PS2. Oh, what? GTA III was on PS2 first? Wow, then this is not much of a sequel, more of a exspansion pack in a way. The engine is nearly the same, and the controls remain the same. If you own Gta 3 it'd be wise to sit this one out and wait for the next sequel (and hope it'll be a little more different).
  89. JoD.S
    Aug 18, 2003
    Unbelivable!! So many places to go so many things to reek havok on , raises the bar for every game I've played since , and to top it all off music you've actually heard before.
  90. BamesBitch
    Aug 18, 2003
    Life is meaningless after completion........they say there will be a sequel but how far away is that?......(sigh)...
  91. R.H.
    Aug 16, 2003
    Video game players of the world behold the greatest game of all time. You can all try to deny it, but it's true. Sure, the game is twisted, evil, and just plain sick. But who can resist? Even people who don't play video game will enjoy this game to no end. Deep down this is the game that everyone has wanted to play their whole life, no matter how nice or violence free you are. Video game players of the world behold the greatest game of all time. You can all try to deny it, but it's true. Sure, the game is twisted, evil, and just plain sick. But who can resist? Even people who don't play video game will enjoy this game to no end. Deep down this is the game that everyone has wanted to play their whole life, no matter how nice or violence free you are. Vice City is the guilty pleasure to top all guilty pleasures. Ok, now this is how I rate a game (and I hope it's how everyone rates a game): I rate a game based on fun factor. And this game has them all topped in that area. This game is so good, it's ridiculous. Now for all you people that already have it, turn the computer off and play this game. For all you people that don't have it...well...sucks for you. Expand
  92. CleitusU.
    Aug 12, 2003
    OK, bob m. u obviously have some social issues 2 work out. i mean COME ON! the getaway?! that game almost made me puke. it was garbage, sure, it was fun for like a week maybe, but, then i realized it sucked. i got gta:vc almost a year ago, and it is still hella fun, psh, believe me foks, it rules.
  93. NinjaMafia
    Aug 11, 2003
    This game is a disapointing sequel to GTA3. First off the producers promised a town three times larger than that in GTA3 but in reality the town seems three times smaller. The storyline in this game really needed to be worked on. You just failed a drug deal and you are trying to get your money back, but after you kill the guy that destroyed your deal, you suddenly make the most random This game is a disapointing sequel to GTA3. First off the producers promised a town three times larger than that in GTA3 but in reality the town seems three times smaller. The storyline in this game really needed to be worked on. You just failed a drug deal and you are trying to get your money back, but after you kill the guy that destroyed your deal, you suddenly make the most random decision to try to take over the town. The Mafia wants you to stop it but hey you won't listen and it eventually escalates. Sure it sound interesting but as I said, Your main character just randomly makes that decision for no apparent reason, he doesn't even hint it until he says it at the beginning of a mission. The game's graphics are bad but I don't care. The terrains are flat and the character models still need a ton of work. The games sound features music from the 80's, which I'm not partically in to. The talk radio stations are too short to be enjoyed alot. The voice acting is extrmeley good in the beginning of the game, but later in the game it is as if they stopped trying because people started to sound monotonous. The gameplay has some great car chases, and yes they did add motorcycles, however if you so much as gently bump into an object with your motorcycle you have the possibility of flying 20 feet off it. Also, the targeting system got worst than from GTA3, the camera changes when you target somebody creating a poor camera job. Overall GTA:VC is still a fun game to play and will take a weekat the least of your life. There is plenty of stuff to get in the game but the overall experience just wasn't that great for me, but it can be for other people. Expand
  94. JennC.
    Aug 5, 2003
    This game isn't the best of GTA games. I believe that GTA 3 was the absolute best. The graphics, colors, and story lines in this game need a little more work.
  95. CodyS.
    Jul 26, 2003
    This game is mind numbingly addictive and would be one of the games I would buy the ps2 for. the only thing that keeps it from getting a 10 is it is glitchy and the graphics aren't that great.
  96. NickV.
    Jul 11, 2003
    A Masterpeice everyone who does not like it must have probelums cause this is a great games. There are so many things to do. You can steal cars. Be a cop, firefighter, ice cream man, taxi driver, medic, pizza man or a hardened criminal. And there are so many veicles from a military helicopter (that actually shoots) to a golf cart.
  97. Rossjudge
    Jul 10, 2003
    It is very good to play.
  98. ShayneA.
    Jul 9, 2003
    Its the best especially with the smart ass comments and the pootang involved in the film studios.
  99. Brown
    Jun 24, 2003
    The graphics are bad and too many glitches. the people are stupid and you can ram people on the road right next to some cops and they will just stay there and do nothing. which is very gay. do something more fun like 8=0 (:) if you are smart enough to not play the game, you will figure that out and go do it right now.
  100. GregT.
    Jun 15, 2003
    This game is a superbly twisted, and wonderfully sick example of the next generation of games to come. GTA-VC Let's you interact,Go anywhere,and Do anything you could possibly imagine. P.S. Need's some improvements on Graphics; like distance, Fire, Wheels, That red sunglare is totaly useless. lightning "Bolts" would be nice. Even better if the bolts hit stuff, I'm looking This game is a superbly twisted, and wonderfully sick example of the next generation of games to come. GTA-VC Let's you interact,Go anywhere,and Do anything you could possibly imagine. P.S. Need's some improvements on Graphics; like distance, Fire, Wheels, That red sunglare is totaly useless. lightning "Bolts" would be nice. Even better if the bolts hit stuff, I'm looking foward to GTA-LA, or GTA-Hawii Expand

No excuses, you’re gonna have to buy this. Unless you don’t own a PS2, in which case, get out of our Internet!
    It's enormous, packed with an immense amount of gameplay, and it's a truly unique gameplay experience...This year's most impressive title, by a log shot.
  3. This is a long game, longer than GTA3 because there are far more missions in this game in a far larger area.