8.7

1. Nov 29, 2014
    "I poke my head out of the gutter for one freakin' second and fate shovels sh*t in my face".

Ahhh, Grand Theft Auto: Vice City, what a pleasure it was to play this game! I had a tremendous amount of fun with this game, from getting laid by a prostitute then beating her to death with my baseball bat just to get my money back! Oh, and extra health! It's a win-win situation! Tommy

Ahhh, Grand Theft Auto: Vice City, what a pleasure it was to play this game!

Tommy Vercetti, the guy who can survive multiple gun shots and explosions but can't swim... 11/10!

The soundtrack to this game is amazing! In my honest opinion it's by far one of the best soundtrack that the Grand Theft Auto series has to offer! It even beats GTA V soundtrack (IMHO).

It was a challenging game, especially the RC Helicopter mission where you have to blow up the building on the construction site, that mission was infuriating! To this day I still have problems completing it first time round!

I was so excited to find out you could purchase the "Cherry Popper Ice Cream Factory", my first thoughts were, selling ice creams to the people of Vice City would be pretty awesome, that was until I found out it was Coke I was actually selling.

The game is also full of funny innuendo's, whether you hearing them on the radio, "I just luuuurve the batter all over my face". VCPR (The radio station) is also very funny!

For a Playstation 2 game, there was a lot you cold do! There's a reason these games have an 18 rating!

A MUST HAVE game for you collection.
  2. Oct 19, 2014
    Welcome to Vice City. Welcome to the 1980s. Having just made it back onto the streets of Liberty City after a long stretch in maximum security, Tommy Vercetti is sent to Vice City by his old boss, Sonny Forelli. They were understandably nervous about his re-appearance in Liberty City, so a trip down south seemed like a good idea. But all does not go smoothly upon his arrival in theWelcome to Vice City. Welcome to the 1980s. Having just made it back onto the streets of Liberty City after a long stretch in maximum security, Tommy Vercetti is sent to Vice City by his old boss, Sonny Forelli. They were understandably nervous about his re-appearance in Liberty City, so a trip down south seemed like a good idea. But all does not go smoothly upon his arrival in the glamorous, hedonistic metropolis of Vice City. He's set up and is left with no money and no merchandise. Sonny wants his money back, but the biker gangs, Cuban gangsters, and corrupt politicians stand in his way. Most of Vice City seems to want Tommy dead. His only answer is to fight back and take over the city himself. Vice City offers vehicular pleasures to suit every taste. For the speed enthusiast, there's high-performance cars and motorbikes. For the sportsman, a powerboat or a golf buggy lets you enjoy the great outdoors. For those that need that sense of freedom and escape, why not charter a helicopter and see the beauty of Vice City from the air? Expand
  3. Jun 10, 2014
    OH MY GOD 10/10!!!!! OH MY GOD 10/10!!!!! OH MY GOD 10/10!!!!! OH MY GOD 10/10!!!!! OH MY GOD 10/10!!!!! OH MY GOD 10/10!!!!! OH MY GOD 10/10!!!!!
  4. May 20, 2014
    Gta III revolution to 3d open world open the door for more real life based games, Vice City improves it's story to the max of it's potential and create realism to the game. The free roaming improves with more detailed graphics than it's predecessor and with a touch of comedy into it. The are decent, bad and awesome at times; great acting from is vivid characters and fun playing itGta III revolution to 3d open world open the door for more real life based games, Vice City improves it's story to the max of it's potential and create realism to the game. The free roaming improves with more detailed graphics than it's predecessor and with a touch of comedy into it. The are decent, bad and awesome at times; great acting from is vivid characters and fun playing it despite that doesn't climb nor swim. This is the best GTA game I ever played 9 out of 10. Expand
  5. Sep 29, 2013
    Todos... De nuevo, TODOS deben haber jugado este juego de tan legendario que es, el primer capítulo de una de las franquicias más poderosas en la historia de los videojuegos: "Grand Theft Auto: Vice City" se ha convertido, para mí en uno de los mejores títulos de la PlayStation 2. Un juego histórico que merece ser alabado por todos hoy, mañana y en generaciones futuras, pues su legado esTodos... De nuevo, TODOS deben haber jugado este juego de tan legendario que es, el primer capítulo de una de las franquicias más poderosas en la historia de los videojuegos: "Grand Theft Auto: Vice City" se ha convertido, para mí en uno de los mejores títulos de la PlayStation 2. Un juego histórico que merece ser alabado por todos hoy, mañana y en generaciones futuras, pues su legado es impresionante, que más se puede decir de este título, sin dudas lo tiene todo. Impresionante labor de Rockstar. Expand
  6. Sep 20, 2013
    I cant imagine that its been 10 years since this came out. GTA VICE CITY is a prequel to GTA III and it came out a year after III. There are a few minor improvements in VC than in III but that doesn't change the fact that VC is a masterpiece. The game is a throwback to movies like SCARFACE, CARLITO'S WAY, and the TV show MIAMI VICE because Vice City is based off Miami, like Liberty City isI cant imagine that its been 10 years since this came out. GTA VICE CITY is a prequel to GTA III and it came out a year after III. There are a few minor improvements in VC than in III but that doesn't change the fact that VC is a masterpiece. The game is a throwback to movies like SCARFACE, CARLITO'S WAY, and the TV show MIAMI VICE because Vice City is based off Miami, like Liberty City is based off New York. GTA VICE CITY remains one of my fave games off all time. 10/10 Expand
  7. Sis
    Sep 19, 2013
    One of the coolest games ever made. The nostalgia is overwhelming and the gameplay is fantastic! This is hands down the best GTA game to play without cheats(If you want to play with cheats, I recommend GTA: San Andreas).
  8. Aug 11, 2013
    The hands down GTA champ of the PS2/Xbox era. Its a giant leap forward from GTA III and much more consistent than GTA SA. There's so much to do and the setting is perfect. 10/10
  9. Jun 20, 2013
    Vice City is pretty much a classic for the PS2. You could say that it's not as revolutionary as GTA III but in terms of gameplay and missions it's unparalleled. This game deserves all the recognition it get's because it's one of the greatest ever.
  10. Jun 19, 2013
    Game is amazing. Great story line, great characters, great all around. The only reason why I did not give it a 10 is because the controls are sometimes suspect. But this is a fun, fun game. If you haven't played it yet, get it on iOS or PSN.
  11. Jun 12, 2013
    Tommy Vercetti, having just been released from a long stint in jail, is sent to Vice City by his old boss, Sonny Forelli. Unfortunately during his first drug buy he is set up and is left with no money or merchandise. With Sonny demanding his money back and everyone else seemingly wanting him dead Tommy realises his only chance is to take over Vice City himself.

Grand Theft Auto III may

Grand Theft Auto III may have been the first to take the open world game into 3D but it was Vice City that really took it to its limit. The city itself, based on Miami is, is more vibrant and interesting than any other in the GTA series allowing for hugely diverse missions involving motorbikes, boats, helicopters and even planes. Unlike the most recent outing entertainment, rather than realism, seems to have been the main concern when devising these missions. As the game progresses your impact on the city can really be felt leading to a fantastic finale set within your mansion (think Scarface!).

A quick mention also for the 1980's soundtrack that has yet to be matched. It features a mix of hilarious talk and music stations featuring the likes of Michael Jackson, Roxy Music and Kate Bush and really adds to the sense that you inhabit a living, breathing world.

This is the Playstation 2's best game without doubt.
  12. Apr 3, 2013
    This is one of the best sandbox games ever made. Huge step from GTA III. Looking back and comparing San Andreas and Vice City, Vice City could have used some edge in storyline sometimes. Asset missions interrupts the main story line for a while.
    Cruising in Vice City is allthough one of the best experiences I´ve had while gaming.
  13. Feb 1, 2013
    Dude, IDGAF what anybody says, Vice City is easily the best Grand Theft Auto game out there. It's just made of complete and total awesome. Throw in the wicked 80's soundtrack and it can't be beat.
  14. Jan 7, 2013
    Gta Vice city is yet another master piece from the greatest gaming franchise of all... Rockstar Games. This game is simply amazing with great visuals, a Stella cast of voice actors and immersive storyline this is my personnel favourite GTA. An utter Classic thanks Rockstar.
  15. Dec 4, 2012
    I love the 80s and I love Grand Theft Auto. I cum in my pants when I play this. It's that good. Great soundtrack, great story, great graphics for its time and great gameplay. **** you if you didn't like it when it came out
  16. Nov 9, 2012
    Honestly, I think GTA 3 is better, but this is still a great game. The missions are varied, the graphics are beautiful for 2002, and its overall fun to play.
  17. Aug 22, 2012
    This game is my favorite GTA III Era game. It has style, story and big pack of action. I grew on this game (along with GTA3 and GTA San Andreas). One of the best games EVER.
  18. Aug 15, 2012
    an awesome game indeed! i love the gameplay and the radio stations, especially K-Chat! that one had me gut laughing most of the time, anyways i don't like the cops in this game and they are very annoying, for instance, two people are having a brawl and the cop just passes by like nothing is happening, then when i want to beat them up too, the officer turns around and starts beating me withan awesome game indeed! i love the gameplay and the radio stations, especially K-Chat! that one had me gut laughing most of the time, anyways i don't like the cops in this game and they are very annoying, for instance, two people are having a brawl and the cop just passes by like nothing is happening, then when i want to beat them up too, the officer turns around and starts beating me with his stick! :( Expand
  19. Jul 28, 2012
    i had the ps2 for my entire childhood and this was one of the only games i'd play since i was 6 to the age i am now this game is always my fav its just pure game the cheats are hilarious (i.e flying cars) the graphics are amazing (B***H who the hell cares about graphics) the story was legendary and i craved for more after i was done and the time you can play this for Jesus i think I'vei had the ps2 for my entire childhood and this was one of the only games i'd play since i was 6 to the age i am now this game is always my fav its just pure game the cheats are hilarious (i.e flying cars) the graphics are amazing (B***H who the hell cares about graphics) the story was legendary and i craved for more after i was done and the time you can play this for Jesus i think I've clocked in over 500+ hours of just free roam into that game and over 50+ into the campaign may the next GTA be just like this one Expand
  20. Jul 23, 2012
    When this game came out there was no such thing as flying a helicopter over a sprawling city in any other video game. There was no such thing as a rich and funny storyline stretched over a diverse and exciting city. Today, you may have seen better, but Vice City truly openend up for a bigger kind of gaming back then. I was very sceptic that a new "spin" on GTA III could be worth anything,When this game came out there was no such thing as flying a helicopter over a sprawling city in any other video game. There was no such thing as a rich and funny storyline stretched over a diverse and exciting city. Today, you may have seen better, but Vice City truly openend up for a bigger kind of gaming back then. I was very sceptic that a new "spin" on GTA III could be worth anything, but it blew everyone away. The soundtrack was also sold seperately in a boxed set. It represented the coolest music of the era in all genres. I agree with the many who place Vice City high in the GTA series. Expand
  21. Jul 20, 2012
    As many people said before "I grew up with this game" so did I. It was amazing how cars got on fire and people head exploded when shot with sniper. "OMG" and boats... oh goood awsome. Was a best game many years ago but for today you cant compare this game with GTA IV ect. So 10/10! Second good GTA after GTA:LONDON :)
  22. May 22, 2012
    With great story, great radio stations (including the commercials), great vehicles, all around great sense of style, hilarious characters and great gameplay... this is by far one of the top 5 to have on PS2.
  23. Apr 5, 2012
    while not as good as 3 this game is still a true marvel awesome shooting outrages fun with missions. driving is same as ever but still fun. The character kodels are impressive too still a 10
  24. Dec 14, 2011
    For me this was superior to GTA3 in every single way. Just like in GTA3 most of the time i was just cruising, listen to music. I loved the ending "boss" reminiscent of scar face. This game IS a must buy.
  25. Nov 25, 2011
    Missions, side missions, races, police chases, taxi missions, vigilante missions, firetruck missions, ambulance missions, pizza boy missions, rampages, hidden packages, unique jumps, safehouses, shops, exploration, and, of course, whatever the heck you want!! Pretty much the best video game in the market. The end.
  26. Sep 22, 2011
    Well, according to what I know, players that were completely "Viced" on Grand Theft Auto 3 fell in love with some new options available on Vice City such as riding a bike for the very first time, new weapons, new environment and lots of new minigames and side missions.
  27. Jan 6, 2011
    as grand theft auto games go this is my favorite of the series . the best story in the series and you have Ray liotta the man who played henry hill in good fellas the greatest mob movie ever doing the main charicter in this game as tommy gives this game a big hit of personality. the game has a great sound track of 80s music which really helps set the 80s mood of the game. lots moreas grand theft auto games go this is my favorite of the series . the best story in the series and you have Ray liotta the man who played henry hill in good fellas the greatest mob movie ever doing the main charicter in this game as tommy gives this game a big hit of personality. the game has a great sound track of 80s music which really helps set the 80s mood of the game. lots more vehicles have been added and now you can finnaly fly some real plains and helicopters. a huge increase to the gun selection . the missions are alot of fun . the AI is still pretty iffy and the game is abit buggy and glitchy. the game is also pretty hard . i manage to beat the first GTA3 with out codes but i couldnt beat this one even with codes . still its a fun game and i spent alot of time sandboxing this . Expand
  28. Aug 12, 2010
    One the greatest games ever made for the PS2, and no doubt my favorite Grand Theft Auto game ever made. It is a must by for anyone who likes free-roaming type games with a good Scarface type story-line and lots of weapons and cars.
  29. JamesD.
    Jan 28, 2010
    The most beautiful GTA game I've ever played. When I first saw the original trailer with Kool & the Gang's hit track Summer Madness, I thought this game was absolutely gorgeous. The experience is thoroughly entertaining and whilst it retains most of the textures and animations of GTA III but it is a much grander experience overall.
  30. ssseeeeeee
    Jan 3, 2010
    Amazing game! Best PS2 game for sure! Wish they would make some kind of a remake from this, or new game from the same setting.
  31. [anonymous]
    Aug 18, 2009
    youd have to be a complete idiot to say that this game is better than san andreas. while i liked the setting it in no way surpasses the story line of san andreas, its not as big, theres way less things to do after the main story, the setting isnt as varied or robust, you cant swim etc. the story in this game is good but it just doesnt match up. this is a 9 but san andreas is a 10, its youd have to be a complete idiot to say that this game is better than san andreas. while i liked the setting it in no way surpasses the story line of san andreas, its not as big, theres way less things to do after the main story, the setting isnt as varied or robust, you cant swim etc. the story in this game is good but it just doesnt match up. this is a 9 but san andreas is a 10, its just the truth Expand
  32. MatthewCool
    Aug 5, 2009
    it is very good id play it over and over again better than gta3 much like scarface (the shootouts) miami vice(cops in sports cars) and other stuff like great 80s music and the mission might get very annoying but the game is makes it fun nonetheless
  33. MaxM
    Nov 22, 2008
    Possibly my favourite game of all time. Dramatic, Funny and the look and feel of the City was breathtaking. If you wanted something to remind you of the 80's you could do much worse then this. There was a huge choice in vehicles and weapons. A great choice in music as well as humorous radio DJ's. Tommy Vercetti was a marvelous character who could create some chemistry between Possibly my favourite game of all time. Dramatic, Funny and the look and feel of the City was breathtaking. If you wanted something to remind you of the 80's you could do much worse then this. There was a huge choice in vehicles and weapons. A great choice in music as well as humorous radio DJ's. Tommy Vercetti was a marvelous character who could create some chemistry between the player and himself. The purchase property was a massive plus, the stroyline never got dull and the gang warfare was awesome. No GTA game has managed to pass the greatness GTA Vice City Achieved. Expand
  34. HarryL.
    May 27, 2008
    Simply the best game I have ever played, yes GTA 4 is realistic, but nothing can beat the slick hair does, the flowery suites, and the stunning dialogge, yes missions can get repetative, but as the same with every game, like the shooting games, look left shoot look right shoot, this game has to be the ultimate for fun, and the perfect size of the map, and the great spacial awareness the Simply the best game I have ever played, yes GTA 4 is realistic, but nothing can beat the slick hair does, the flowery suites, and the stunning dialogge, yes missions can get repetative, but as the same with every game, like the shooting games, look left shoot look right shoot, this game has to be the ultimate for fun, and the perfect size of the map, and the great spacial awareness the creators put into the game, 100% brilliant. Expand
  35. ClintT.
    Jan 20, 2008
    This is a brilliant, humorous satire in much the same vein as other GTA games. It owes a lot to films such as Scarface (similar plot and a couple of the shootouts in Vice City are similar to the final hurrah of Tony Montana as well as countless other references) and Carlito
  36. HenrikS.
    Jun 7, 2007
    Great game, fun and addictive.
  37. KickA.
    May 16, 2007
    Hands down this is the second best gta game (next to san andeas of course) It kicks the crap out of gta 3 cuz you can basically do anything ANYTIHNG you want to. The only reason that its not as good as san adreas is cuz the city is a little bit smaller and the graphics arent as good. Oh and i agree the music is kick a.s! (compared to all the other music in this series. the best thing Hands down this is the second best gta game (next to san andeas of course) It kicks the crap out of gta 3 cuz you can basically do anything ANYTIHNG you want to. The only reason that its not as good as san adreas is cuz the city is a little bit smaller and the graphics arent as good. Oh and i agree the music is kick a.s! (compared to all the other music in this series. the best thing about this game is being able to jack stuff that can fly, helicopters are the best mode of transpertation by far...) $ TIGHT GAME $ Expand
  38. SWEETGAME
    Mar 10, 2007
    Everyone who said that vice city was lame can go suck an Xbox. This was the greatest GTA game, even better than VCS, and is so vivid. the only downsides are no multiplayer and you need your parents to purchase it with you. crap. But still a fricken good game. The second best series ever on ps2, right after SOCOM us navy seals series.
  39. TomiB.
    Dec 31, 2006
    It's like 'Miami Vice'! All 80's again, esp. the MUSIC! My personal favorite: V-Rock! w/Lazlow... If ya can get Tommy V. to do the same for CJ like GTA San Andreas, or vice versa, put Tommy like CJ, then the game is set!
  40. ApocalypseB.
    Oct 29, 2006
    Vice City is a superb game, no doubt! The Scarface theme and the era is as golden as the storyline and the comical radio broadcasts. But the area, lack of decent stunt chances and things to do within it are limited compared to San Andreas, thus making the latter a much better game. But VC has better graphics than SA and for me, is still a fanastic game to play for an hour if you get stuck Vice City is a superb game, no doubt! The Scarface theme and the era is as golden as the storyline and the comical radio broadcasts. But the area, lack of decent stunt chances and things to do within it are limited compared to San Andreas, thus making the latter a much better game. But VC has better graphics than SA and for me, is still a fanastic game to play for an hour if you get stuck on SA. Now for Bully! Expand
  41. Mobius
    Oct 17, 2006
    Vice City's best asspect has got to be its music and the introduction to vehicles that fly, being able to fly over Vice city just add another level to the game, you can now pick this game up in the bargain bins for less than a price of a PS2 magazine (I got mine for £3.99), for £30 if you shop around you can get Liberty Citys Story's, Vice City and San andreas, this Vice City's best asspect has got to be its music and the introduction to vehicles that fly, being able to fly over Vice city just add another level to the game, you can now pick this game up in the bargain bins for less than a price of a PS2 magazine (I got mine for £3.99), for £30 if you shop around you can get Liberty Citys Story's, Vice City and San andreas, this is the best time to own a PS2 as the games for them are now dirt cheap which makes all these game worth that bit more. Expand
  42. CharlieG.
    Jun 6, 2006
    I absolutely know that San Andreas is a better game, but when it comes to the music and storyline, Vice City burns San Andreas. Oh yeah, if you have not played San Andreas and play Vice City, you will worship a video game to the fullest.
  43. JohnG.
    May 4, 2005
    A must have for any gamer.
  44. MikeS.
    Feb 5, 2005
    After playing all the way through San Andreas, it becomes obvious that Vice City is the better game. Sure, it lacks a lot of great new features, but Vice City just feels like a perfect game, which Andreas doesn't.
  45. AndyS.
    Dec 29, 2004
    There are simply no flaws in this game... well i can't say i like drowning, and comparing it to the range of new vehicles in GTA San Andreas, it's not the best it could be. I don't really mind the fact that you can't customize your guy, but the cloths make up for that, and the story is just amazing. The weapon desingn is out of this world and the great color of this There are simply no flaws in this game... well i can't say i like drowning, and comparing it to the range of new vehicles in GTA San Andreas, it's not the best it could be. I don't really mind the fact that you can't customize your guy, but the cloths make up for that, and the story is just amazing. The weapon desingn is out of this world and the great color of this game is definatly an uplift. There's only one thig to do in this game...PLAY! Expand
  46. ArseniyK.
    Sep 28, 2004
    This is one of the best games for ps2.good graphics, great gameplay, and so fun youll be playing it for hours! this deserves a 20!!!
  47. DarrenM.
    Aug 26, 2004
    Brilliant! As a kid of the 80s I love this...a mix of Miami Vice & Scarface! wooooo!
  48. Y.C.
    Aug 6, 2004
    If i could i would give VC an 11.The freedom to do whatever you want, plus a compelling storyline and levels, awesome graphics and game play make this game better than GTA 3.
  49. SeanB
    Jul 15, 2004
    Personally, I like VC better than GTA3. Don't bother to listen to the people that say one is waaaaay better than the other one. EASILY the best series on PS2, probably in all platforms too. It's very tough to decide which one is better, almost as tough as trying to beat the game itself, let alone the fabled 100%. Because both GTA's are so deep, you can just sum up Personally, I like VC better than GTA3. Don't bother to listen to the people that say one is waaaaay better than the other one. EASILY the best series on PS2, probably in all platforms too. It's very tough to decide which one is better, almost as tough as trying to beat the game itself, let alone the fabled 100%. Because both GTA's are so deep, you can just sum up everything into one word: Perfect. Maybe San Andreas will settle the dispute one which is better. (Hopefully) Expand
  50. G.H.
    Jun 30, 2004
    It is simply yhe best game ever played. it is way better than gta 3.
  51. DavidA.
    Jun 28, 2004
    Man did I love this game it is simply cool to the extreme and thought I think my parents wouldn't like it much. I have to say I would give it a 20.
  52. SlamDunk
    May 25, 2004
    What is wrong with the reviewers these days? I mean, giving a maximum score of 8/10 to a game that is fun, original and has practically endless replay value (for example in one review, "lifespan = 8/10", now, that is just plain wrong). One thing I have noted in the reviews goes something like "TrackMania does not require so much driving skills and is not a racing game but mainly a track What is wrong with the reviewers these days? I mean, giving a maximum score of 8/10 to a game that is fun, original and has practically endless replay value (for example in one review, "lifespan = 8/10", now, that is just plain wrong). One thing I have noted in the reviews goes something like "TrackMania does not require so much driving skills and is not a racing game but mainly a track building/puzzle game"...erm, hello? Yeah, there's puzzles and track building but in the heart of TM there is a true racing game and it is all about driving skills. Also... TrackMania is a game where the graphics are not so important. Graphics suit the gameplay very well, no complaints. The gameplay, on the other hand, is what really matters and it is simply superb. To me, online play is the heart of TrackMania. It's all about having fun and enjoying the tracks that people make. Expand
  53. ZacM.
    May 9, 2004
    Best Game ever!!!! People who think not they must be crazy becuz they have no common sense. Must Buy!!!
  54. khgui9g
    May 1, 2004
    ITS COOL AS SH.T.
  55. OscarV.
    Apr 25, 2004
    This is the best game ever1 Forget GTA 3. best graphics and everthing. If ur tired u could just cruise. I cant wait till GTA San Andreas (Comes out October 18, 2004).
  56. JohnB.
    Apr 17, 2004
    Absolutely fantasic , 1 of da best.
  57. JAKEL.
    Mar 20, 2004
    A good game ... but not as good as III in terms of storyline.
  58. JustinM.
    Mar 15, 2004
    Motorcycles and lots more sports car is cool, but the story is not as good as gtaIII. Like them both the same.
  59. AndrewJ.
    Jan 31, 2004
    A really good, fun mafia game.
  60. FernandoC.
    Jan 26, 2004
    Spanish Comment: Asi deberian ser todos los juegos de Play2.. largos, interesantes, buenas graficas, buen sonido, con multiples posibilidades... De lo mejor... sino lo tiene en su bibioteca de juegos es imperdonable...
  61. PIRANHAg.
    Jan 7, 2004
    Quality´s back!!!!
  62. KyleK.
    Nov 14, 2003
    Great game all round, can be improved by having more missions and making them harder.
  63. KyleK.
    Nov 14, 2003
  64. GabrielL.
    Oct 31, 2003
    Its the most fun I had on the PS2. Graphix not perfect, but the game is. :)
  65. K.H.
    Oct 14, 2003
    10+++++ Everybody seems to think that the point of this game is just to run around and kill hookers, (which IS fun) But it kicks so much more ASS than that. Just......just buy it....please.
  66. JonathanF.(Therevisedvote)
    Oct 12, 2003
    This game rules. As Tommy Vercetti you can do whatever the hell you want and still just drive into a car service joint to erase any record of the crime ever happening. It's like ... not the Godfather of PS2 games (that honour goes to GTA 3) but instead more like the Don. If GTA3 was Gran Turismo 3, then this would be GT Concept. Not quite as good as GTA3, but as a spin-off of the GTA This game rules. As Tommy Vercetti you can do whatever the hell you want and still just drive into a car service joint to erase any record of the crime ever happening. It's like ... not the Godfather of PS2 games (that honour goes to GTA 3) but instead more like the Don. If GTA3 was Gran Turismo 3, then this would be GT Concept. Not quite as good as GTA3, but as a spin-off of the GTA series it does more than merely keep you occupied until GTA4 comes out ... it really takes over your life. Long live Tommy! Expand
  67. ChaddS.
    Sep 24, 2003
    What can you say about this game except that it is so damn good. I mean look at it, the graphics may not be up to scratch but thats not what matters,the game itself is fantastic no doubt about it.I would reccomend it to anyone.
  68. NunuB.
    Sep 12, 2003
    This game is good but has too many glitches.
  69. JoD.S
    Aug 18, 2003
    Unbelivable!! So many places to go so many things to reek havok on , raises the bar for every game I've played since , and to top it all off music you've actually heard before.
  70. BamesBitch
    Aug 18, 2003
    Life is meaningless after completion........they say there will be a sequel but how far away is that?......(sigh)...
  71. R.H.
    Aug 16, 2003
    Video game players of the world behold the greatest game of all time. You can all try to deny it, but it's true. Sure, the game is twisted, evil, and just plain sick. But who can resist? Even people who don't play video game will enjoy this game to no end. Deep down this is the game that everyone has wanted to play their whole life, no matter how nice or violence free you are. Video game players of the world behold the greatest game of all time. You can all try to deny it, but it's true. Sure, the game is twisted, evil, and just plain sick. But who can resist? Even people who don't play video game will enjoy this game to no end. Deep down this is the game that everyone has wanted to play their whole life, no matter how nice or violence free you are. Vice City is the guilty pleasure to top all guilty pleasures. Ok, now this is how I rate a game (and I hope it's how everyone rates a game): I rate a game based on fun factor. And this game has them all topped in that area. This game is so good, it's ridiculous. Now for all you people that already have it, turn the computer off and play this game. For all you people that don't have it...well...sucks for you. Expand
  72. CleitusU.
    Aug 12, 2003
    OK, bob m. u obviously have some social issues 2 work out. i mean COME ON! the getaway?! that game almost made me puke. it was garbage, sure, it was fun for like a week maybe, but, then i realized it sucked. i got gta:vc almost a year ago, and it is still hella fun, psh, believe me foks, it rules.
  73. NickV.
    Jul 11, 2003
    A Masterpeice everyone who does not like it must have probelums cause this is a great games. There are so many things to do. You can steal cars. Be a cop, firefighter, ice cream man, taxi driver, medic, pizza man or a hardened criminal. And there are so many veicles from a military helicopter (that actually shoots) to a golf cart.
  74. Rossjudge
    Jul 10, 2003
    It is very good to play.
  75. ShayneA.
    Jul 9, 2003
    Its the best especially with the smart ass comments and the pootang involved in the film studios.
  76. GregT.
    Jun 15, 2003
    This game is a superbly twisted, and wonderfully sick example of the next generation of games to come. GTA-VC Let's you interact,Go anywhere,and Do anything you could possibly imagine. P.S. Need's some improvements on Graphics; like distance, Fire, Wheels, That red sunglare is totaly useless. lightning "Bolts" would be nice. Even better if the bolts hit stuff, I'm looking This game is a superbly twisted, and wonderfully sick example of the next generation of games to come. GTA-VC Let's you interact,Go anywhere,and Do anything you could possibly imagine. P.S. Need's some improvements on Graphics; like distance, Fire, Wheels, That red sunglare is totaly useless. lightning "Bolts" would be nice. Even better if the bolts hit stuff, I'm looking foward to GTA-LA, or GTA-Hawii Expand
  77. JacanP.
    May 15, 2003
    It is very fun to find out the many different buildings you can buy and the stripper club actually makes you money if you go to the part that you pay 3$ every game hour a hole bunch.
  78. JoshF.
    May 2, 2003
    That game rockes you can get the hoes in your car.
  79. ZackF.
    Apr 27, 2003
    Wow what a great game. And the soundtrack is great. But rockstar could do better graphics than that but it's a real kickass game. Some stuff would be cool to add would be like start your own mobs or rob a bank or something. the missions were a little suckie though. oh well all in all i can't put the control down when i get the chance. Good job rockstar.
  80. AlexB.
    Apr 18, 2003
    Liberty City is a cooler environment, but where VC misses out for variety and size it makes up with greater detail and a more visceral feel. There are flaws. The radio stations get tired quickly, and a lot of space in the environment seems wasted. But these are minor points. Just getting up to 3 stars and running from the cops is a game in itself. I wish they'd take this one on line!
  81. TaHawk
    Apr 13, 2003
    Clean game.
  82. RyanF.
    Apr 8, 2003
    If i could pick 1 game in the whole intire world it is this 1.
  83. Idi
    Apr 8, 2003
    I spend really beautifull christmas with this game. =] And it is not said that you must kill everybody on your way. ;P
  84. DiabloStallion
    Apr 6, 2003
    If I could only play one game for the rest of my life this would be the one!!!!!!
  85. J.R.
    Apr 4, 2003
    Same game mechanics as GTA 3. That's a good thing. Helicopters and motorcycles have been added. 80's music and feel done very well. Its a bit shorter than GTA 3, and I thought that the missions in GTA 3 were a bit better. However, this game is one of the best video games ever. Period. I give this a 10 because I can't give it a 9.9. GTA 3 got a 10 and deserved all of it.
  86. ConnerM.
    Mar 27, 2003
    I´m speechless, Bars, drug dealing, kidnaps, bank robberies, racing, strip joints, racing (cars and boats), laundering money, makin´fake money, makin´porno movies and your basic killing and mayhem...in short if it´s a crime GTAVC´s got it...there's no end to the fun you can have in this game...totally interactive with it´s own enviroment...this is I´m speechless, Bars, drug dealing, kidnaps, bank robberies, racing, strip joints, racing (cars and boats), laundering money, makin´fake money, makin´porno movies and your basic killing and mayhem...in short if it´s a crime GTAVC´s got it...there's no end to the fun you can have in this game...totally interactive with it´s own enviroment...this is not a game, it´s a gude to be a criminal...i´d like to see someone top this game...I dare any gamin company. Expand
  87. GannonC.
    Mar 23, 2003
    I liked the strip club the most. This is the best thing ever invented since the TV.
  88. GiancarloS.
    Mar 20, 2003
    Sometimes U play video games...but this one it´s an adventure, I got GTAIII and never occured to me they could top it, Rockstar outdid them selves, I´ve played Video games since Atari but this is the best game ever, in depth, fun and attitude...if you only own one game let it be this one.
  89. JackM.
    Mar 17, 2003
    THE BEST game i own. the graphics are brilliant and the swearing is hilirious. the radio is funny especially rusty browns ring doughnuts. basically the balls of a game.
  90. MattK.
    Mar 8, 2003
    This is the best game ever.
  91. Floop
    Mar 7, 2003
    This game is THE BOMB!!!!POP!
  92. TedG.
    Feb 23, 2003
    This is a sexy game it is hard but assome.
  93. JakeS.
    Feb 19, 2003
    The best ever how can you think its not. Sure the missions are short but they are exciting and hard but not impossible to beat. The huge detailed city, the girls, and bad dude attitude give this game an all time greatness.
  94. NickS.
    Feb 16, 2003
    For the kid who rated the game a 5 he must be pretty stupid if all he does is run around and kill ppl maybe he should actually play the game.
  95. JonathanG.
    Feb 16, 2003
    I really like this game but could you give me any hints or tips how to complete the demolition man mission please.
  96. JoyH.
    Feb 15, 2003
    Great Game. Better Than GTA3.
  97. KevinC.
    Feb 11, 2003
    This is the best game i have ever played and also the most realistic game. There is just 1 flaw in the game. Some people don't die once you run them over. But I still rate it 10. PEACE
  98. VilleJ.
    Feb 10, 2003
    This is my life but moral way this game is dangerous to children brains.
  99. JennetS.
    Jan 18, 2003
    The game is amazing, I like everything about it.
  100. DamianM.
    Jan 15, 2003
    The game was really good 10 times better than GTA 3. You can bail out now, and you can buy more hide-outs, it has motorcycles. But There is one BIG PROBLEM YOU CANT SWIM IN THIS GAME.

No excuses, you’re gonna have to buy this. Unless you don’t own a PS2, in which case, get out of our Internet!
    It's enormous, packed with an immense amount of gameplay, and it's a truly unique gameplay experience...This year's most impressive title, by a log shot.
  3. This is a long game, longer than GTA3 because there are far more missions in this game in a far larger area.