8.7

1. Jun 7, 2017
    Really fun game that still holds up today. There are two kind of people in the world- those that regard SanAndreas as the best GTA, and those that regard Vice City as the best. I'm part of the latter. The whole late 70s/early 80s vibe is spot on. The story is great with several twists. The game play is on a level where you can just run around doing random stuff for hours and have fun. ForReally fun game that still holds up today. There are two kind of people in the world- those that regard SanAndreas as the best GTA, and those that regard Vice City as the best. I'm part of the latter. The whole late 70s/early 80s vibe is spot on. The story is great with several twists. The game play is on a level where you can just run around doing random stuff for hours and have fun. For early era PS2, the map is huge, the frame rate is stable, and there are only a few loading zones (which load extremely fast). If you're late to the party, don't even think twice about giving this gem a go. It's well worth your time and money. Expand
  2. May 30, 2017
    This is my favorite GTA out of all of the series.

This is my favorite GTA out of all of the series.

The ultimate time capsule of the 1980s. This is one of the greatest video games ever made. The soundtrack IS the greatest licensed soundtrack in video game history. The graphics are perfect and look much smoother and nicer than GTA 3. The gameplay is fantastic and has much more interactability than GTA 3 until San Andreas came out. A lot of tributes to eighties films and tv shows like Scarface, Carlito's Way, Reservoir Dogs and Miami Vice. Fantastic voice acting from some of my favourite actors like Ray Liotta, Robert Davi, Burt Reynolds and Dennis Hopper. You can spend hours on finding collectibles, rampages, stunt jumps, RC races, vehicle side missions and asset takeover missions. The story is superb. It's a tribute to Scarface done to perfection.

You can tell that Rockstar put months of effort into creating a beloved masterpiece.
    Overall I give this game a perfect 10. People must play Vice City. It's a game that will never be matched and will never age.
  3. ysi
    Mar 29, 2017
    Perfect score 10. This is the game that started my addiction for GTA franchise. It was love at first sight in GTA 3, but it's true love in GTA Vice City. It's got it all. The 80s atmosphere, the music, the gangs, memorable characters, and cool references and satirical. A classic indeed!
  4. Mar 24, 2017
    If GTA 3 revolutionized the idea what an open world story based game could be..... GTA Vice City showed us what a open world story based game should be. I can sum this game up by saying it felt like I was playing through a well voice acted, slightly over the top, extremely entertaining 1980's mafia movie and that's because I kind of was.

GTA Vice City is really all about the story from

GTA Vice City is really all about the story from start to finish. The in game mechanics are really just tools you use to work your way to next chapter of the story and even those do not disappoint. Drive, shooting and moving are all functional even by today's standards and certainly do not take away from the enjoyment of the ride the story puts you on. There are so many different types of weapons and vehicles to choose from and the adjustable radio has so many great songs and funny talk shows to choose from. There is so much depth to the characters and their stories which is supported by great voice acting that rivals or exceeds a lot of the garbage we see in today's games. You find yourself getting attached to a lot of these characters due to some great character development and want to learn more and more about them. There is no shortage side missions and mini missions to keep you entertained between story missions if you want to do them and I really loved the business portfolio system that gave you even more missions to perform and allows you to generate an income. It genuinely feels like a mob game should in the GTA context. The story to me is what puts this game over the top. From beginning to end you just want to see what is going to happen next and I was never disappointed at any point.

I have played and beaten this game more times then any other since I started playing games when I was a kid. So far in my video game playing experience (20 years) GTA Vice City is by far my favorite game of all time and is currently the only game I have ever given a perfect score for. GTA Vice City has been replicated by many but will never be bested. One of a kind. 10/10 Exceptional
  5. Mar 6, 2017
    Vice City follows GTA 3 and adds some nice new features to the series. The ability to purchase property and the inclusion of motorbikes were a much welcome addition to the series. Another home run from Rockstar.
  6. Jan 26, 2017
    It does not have too many problems to play it,and it is just like watching a movie!And a great 80s crime film. so go buy this game before you regret.Also,it is a Best Plot in the gaming history ever.
  7. Dec 12, 2016
    This game is much better than GTA III by like a million miles. Game play and story line is top notch and mechanics is just as good. I really have nothing else to say about this game except it is a masterpiece. 10/10.
  8. Nov 18, 2016
    Without a doubt the best grand theft auto game released so far. I've had hours of fun exploring the city and doing the side-missions. The story is interesting, even dough its by no means original.
  9. May 14, 2016
    Продолжение великой франшизы GTA! Теперь новая часть GTA перенесёт нас в яркий прототип Майами 80-х годов, где царит рок, неоновые огни, быстрые тачки, дорогие костюмы и девочки в бикини. Отличная графика для PS2, удобное управление, красивая солнечная картинка, неплохой сюжет. Также, запомнился элегантный главный герой - Томми Версетти, который был обычным головорезом и стал главойПродолжение великой франшизы GTA! Теперь новая часть GTA перенесёт нас в яркий прототип Майами 80-х годов, где царит рок, неоновые огни, быстрые тачки, дорогие костюмы и девочки в бикини. Отличная графика для PS2, удобное управление, красивая солнечная картинка, неплохой сюжет. Также, запомнился элегантный главный герой - Томми Версетти, который был обычным головорезом и стал главой криминальной империи Вайс-Сити. 10/10. Классика жанра! Expand
  10. Feb 12, 2016
    this game is absolutely brilliant because the characters like lance will be Tommy friend at the start helping him out with fighting out crime and drug deals. the last mission is where lance betrays Tommy in the last mission because his boss asks him for money at the start he was sending the drug package to someone overall i recommend you get this game it awesome.
  11. Jan 4, 2016
    GTA: Vice City was such a vast improvement over GTA3. It captured the south FL Miami vibe very well, but with a 80's twist (and beats). It's of smaller scale than GTA: SA and even GTA3, but Vice City has it's own personality that sets it apart from the other entries. You will love the Scarface references (If you've seen the movie)!
  12. Nov 1, 2015
    Simplesmente o melhor GTA já feito pra mim, junto do IV, e foi o primeiro que joguei. A história é ótima, os gráficos eram bons na época, pro tamanho do mundo e etc. Trilha sonora ÓTIMA, o local em que se passa é muito legal, a jogabilidade segue o mesmo rumo do GTA III, que já era boa. Infelizmente, não é possível nadar no game :b

História: 9/10 Gráficos: 9/10 Jogabilidade: 9/10

História: 9/10
    Gráficos: 9/10
    Jogabilidade: 9/10
    Desempenho: 10/10
    Trilha sonora: 10/10
  13. Sep 30, 2015
    Do you love movies like Scarface, Carlito's Way and tv shows like Miami Vice? Then you are gonna love this game!

Grand Theft Auto Vice City is a great improvement over it's predecessor GTA III, not so much in gameplay but in more detailed graphics, more humor and a great soundtrack. Many will agree that this game has the best music (and possibly also graphics) from all GTA games on the PS2.

As others have said before me, the RC helicopter missions in this game were so very hard. I remember how frustrated I got at trying to finish those missions and I never want to try it again.

The game has other flaws: it still has the same camera angle problems as GTA III, your character still can't swim or climb, sometimes you're aiming at the wrong person while shooting, cars still burst out in flames much too easy...

GTA San Andreas (2004) improved on this game with adding the possibility for your character to swim and climb, better camera angle, a multi-player mode...

For that reason I rate Grand Theft Auto: Vice City 9 out of 10.
  14. Sep 28, 2015
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The Massive Amount Of New Features Sets This Game Miles Apart From Grand Theft Auto III Everything From Interior Locations, The Combat, The Graphics To The Car Handling Has Been Improved Making This Into A Totally Brilliant Game. Expand
  15. Aug 17, 2015
    One of the greatest games of all time, great plot, great characters, great acting, great gameplay, all around greatness. Must have game for anybody, not just Grand Theft Auto fans.
  16. May 11, 2015
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Great atmosphere. One of the best games on ps2. I do not have to say anything more. But i need to write one hundred and fifty characters. i think my score can describe it. Expand
  17. Nov 29, 2014
    "I poke my head out of the gutter for one freakin' second and fate shovels sh*t in my face".

Ahhh, Grand Theft Auto: Vice City, what a pleasure it was to play this game! I had a tremendous amount of fun with this game, from getting laid by a prostitute then beating her to death with my baseball bat just to get my money back! Oh, and extra health! It's a win-win situation! Tommy

Ahhh, Grand Theft Auto: Vice City, what a pleasure it was to play this game!

Tommy Vercetti, the guy who can survive multiple gun shots and explosions but can't swim... 11/10!

The soundtrack to this game is amazing! In my honest opinion it's by far one of the best soundtrack that the Grand Theft Auto series has to offer! It even beats GTA V soundtrack (IMHO).

It was a challenging game, especially the RC Helicopter mission where you have to blow up the building on the construction site, that mission was infuriating! To this day I still have problems completing it first time round!

I was so excited to find out you could purchase the "Cherry Popper Ice Cream Factory", my first thoughts were, selling ice creams to the people of Vice City would be pretty awesome, that was until I found out it was Coke I was actually selling.

The game is also full of funny innuendo's, whether you hearing them on the radio, "I just luuuurve the batter all over my face". VCPR (The radio station) is also very funny!

For a Playstation 2 game, there was a lot you cold do! There's a reason these games have an 18 rating!

A MUST HAVE game for you collection.
  18. Oct 19, 2014
    Welcome to Vice City. Welcome to the 1980s. Having just made it back onto the streets of Liberty City after a long stretch in maximum security, Tommy Vercetti is sent to Vice City by his old boss, Sonny Forelli. They were understandably nervous about his re-appearance in Liberty City, so a trip down south seemed like a good idea. But all does not go smoothly upon his arrival in theWelcome to Vice City. Welcome to the 1980s. Having just made it back onto the streets of Liberty City after a long stretch in maximum security, Tommy Vercetti is sent to Vice City by his old boss, Sonny Forelli. They were understandably nervous about his re-appearance in Liberty City, so a trip down south seemed like a good idea. But all does not go smoothly upon his arrival in the glamorous, hedonistic metropolis of Vice City. He's set up and is left with no money and no merchandise. Sonny wants his money back, but the biker gangs, Cuban gangsters, and corrupt politicians stand in his way. Most of Vice City seems to want Tommy dead. His only answer is to fight back and take over the city himself. Vice City offers vehicular pleasures to suit every taste. For the speed enthusiast, there's high-performance cars and motorbikes. For the sportsman, a powerboat or a golf buggy lets you enjoy the great outdoors. For those that need that sense of freedom and escape, why not charter a helicopter and see the beauty of Vice City from the air? Expand
  19. Jun 10, 2014
    OH MY GOD 10/10!!!!! OH MY GOD 10/10!!!!! OH MY GOD 10/10!!!!! OH MY GOD 10/10!!!!! OH MY GOD 10/10!!!!! OH MY GOD 10/10!!!!! OH MY GOD 10/10!!!!!
  20. May 20, 2014
    Gta III revolution to 3d open world open the door for more real life based games, Vice City improves it's story to the max of it's potential and create realism to the game. The free roaming improves with more detailed graphics than it's predecessor and with a touch of comedy into it. The are decent, bad and awesome at times; great acting from is vivid characters and fun playing itGta III revolution to 3d open world open the door for more real life based games, Vice City improves it's story to the max of it's potential and create realism to the game. The free roaming improves with more detailed graphics than it's predecessor and with a touch of comedy into it. The are decent, bad and awesome at times; great acting from is vivid characters and fun playing it despite that doesn't climb nor swim. This is the best GTA game I ever played 9 out of 10. Expand
  21. Jan 1, 2014
    Vice City is a huge improvement over GTA 3 in terms of the open world, characters, vehicles and just about everything else. A real videogame triumph not to be missed.
  22. Oct 31, 2013
    in the time this game was released he was the game of all your life,it was the third gta with better graphics and with a lot of famous people dubbing the characters.
  23. Sep 29, 2013
    Todos... De nuevo, TODOS deben haber jugado este juego de tan legendario que es, el primer capítulo de una de las franquicias más poderosas en la historia de los videojuegos: "Grand Theft Auto: Vice City" se ha convertido, para mí en uno de los mejores títulos de la PlayStation 2. Un juego histórico que merece ser alabado por todos hoy, mañana y en generaciones futuras, pues su legado esTodos... De nuevo, TODOS deben haber jugado este juego de tan legendario que es, el primer capítulo de una de las franquicias más poderosas en la historia de los videojuegos: "Grand Theft Auto: Vice City" se ha convertido, para mí en uno de los mejores títulos de la PlayStation 2. Un juego histórico que merece ser alabado por todos hoy, mañana y en generaciones futuras, pues su legado es impresionante, que más se puede decir de este título, sin dudas lo tiene todo. Impresionante labor de Rockstar. Expand
  24. Sep 20, 2013
    I cant imagine that its been 10 years since this came out. GTA VICE CITY is a prequel to GTA III and it came out a year after III. There are a few minor improvements in VC than in III but that doesn't change the fact that VC is a masterpiece. The game is a throwback to movies like SCARFACE, CARLITO'S WAY, and the TV show MIAMI VICE because Vice City is based off Miami, like Liberty City isI cant imagine that its been 10 years since this came out. GTA VICE CITY is a prequel to GTA III and it came out a year after III. There are a few minor improvements in VC than in III but that doesn't change the fact that VC is a masterpiece. The game is a throwback to movies like SCARFACE, CARLITO'S WAY, and the TV show MIAMI VICE because Vice City is based off Miami, like Liberty City is based off New York. GTA VICE CITY remains one of my fave games off all time. 10/10 Expand
  25. Sis
    Sep 19, 2013
    One of the coolest games ever made. The nostalgia is overwhelming and the gameplay is fantastic! This is hands down the best GTA game to play without cheats(If you want to play with cheats, I recommend GTA: San Andreas).
  26. Aug 11, 2013
    The hands down GTA champ of the PS2/Xbox era. Its a giant leap forward from GTA III and much more consistent than GTA SA. There's so much to do and the setting is perfect. 10/10
  27. Aug 6, 2013
    This game is really fun and made me fall in love with sandbox game. GTA Vice City is different form the games before it. Vice City was bright and was heavily based on Scarface the movie. The 80's music makes me enjoy the game that much more, the graphics don't hold up. That's not really the games fault because of where gaming was at the time but it some times takes away from the storyThis game is really fun and made me fall in love with sandbox game. GTA Vice City is different form the games before it. Vice City was bright and was heavily based on Scarface the movie. The 80's music makes me enjoy the game that much more, the graphics don't hold up. That's not really the games fault because of where gaming was at the time but it some times takes away from the story because a character looks like garbage. The game besides how it looks its really fun. The games map is really big, there are a lot of side stuff that will entertain you and will help you get everything. There will never be a moment of boredom as long as you are doing a quest. There are many things that I can say but I will let those who haven't played it have there own experience with this video game classic. Expand
  28. Jun 20, 2013
    Vice City is pretty much a classic for the PS2. You could say that it's not as revolutionary as GTA III but in terms of gameplay and missions it's unparalleled. This game deserves all the recognition it get's because it's one of the greatest ever.
  29. Jun 19, 2013
    Game is amazing. Great story line, great characters, great all around. The only reason why I did not give it a 10 is because the controls are sometimes suspect. But this is a fun, fun game. If you haven't played it yet, get it on iOS or PSN.
  30. Jun 12, 2013
    Tommy Vercetti, having just been released from a long stint in jail, is sent to Vice City by his old boss, Sonny Forelli. Unfortunately during his first drug buy he is set up and is left with no money or merchandise. With Sonny demanding his money back and everyone else seemingly wanting him dead Tommy realises his only chance is to take over Vice City himself.

Grand Theft Auto III may

Grand Theft Auto III may have been the first to take the open world game into 3D but it was Vice City that really took it to its limit. The city itself, based on Miami is, is more vibrant and interesting than any other in the GTA series allowing for hugely diverse missions involving motorbikes, boats, helicopters and even planes. Unlike the most recent outing entertainment, rather than realism, seems to have been the main concern when devising these missions. As the game progresses your impact on the city can really be felt leading to a fantastic finale set within your mansion (think Scarface!).

A quick mention also for the 1980's soundtrack that has yet to be matched. It features a mix of hilarious talk and music stations featuring the likes of Michael Jackson, Roxy Music and Kate Bush and really adds to the sense that you inhabit a living, breathing world.

This is the Playstation 2's best game without doubt.

#1 Most Discussed PS2 Game of 2002
#3 Most Shared PS2 Game of 2002

No excuses, you’re gonna have to buy this. Unless you don’t own a PS2, in which case, get out of our Internet!
    It's enormous, packed with an immense amount of gameplay, and it's a truly unique gameplay experience...This year's most impressive title, by a log shot.
  3. This is a long game, longer than GTA3 because there are far more missions in this game in a far larger area.