8.7

1. Dec 22, 2010
    I think this game kinda sucks. A lot. The graphics suck too, bad. You can't even see they're emotions. Lamest game on the PS2. Don't buy it. Please just don't buy it.
  2. Aug 15, 2012
    an awesome game indeed! i love the gameplay and the radio stations, especially K-Chat! that one had me gut laughing most of the time, anyways i don't like the cops in this game and they are very annoying, for instance, two people are having a brawl and the cop just passes by like nothing is happening, then when i want to beat them up too, the officer turns around and starts beating me with his stick! :( Expand
  3. Jul 23, 2012
    When this game came out there was no such thing as flying a helicopter over a sprawling city in any other video game. There was no such thing as a rich and funny storyline stretched over a diverse and exciting city. Today, you may have seen better, but Vice City truly openend up for a bigger kind of gaming back then. I was very sceptic that a new "spin" on GTA III could be worth anything, but it blew everyone away. The soundtrack was also sold seperately in a boxed set. It represented the coolest music of the era in all genres. I agree with the many who place Vice City high in the GTA series. Expand
  4. Apr 5, 2012
    while not as good as 3 this game is still a true marvel awesome shooting outrages fun with missions. driving is same as ever but still fun. The character kodels are impressive too still a 10
  5. Aug 22, 2012
    This game is my favorite GTA III Era game. It has style, story and big pack of action. I grew on this game (along with GTA3 and GTA San Andreas). One of the best games EVER.
  6. May 22, 2012
    With great story, great radio stations (including the commercials), great vehicles, all around great sense of style, hilarious characters and great gameplay... this is by far one of the top 5 to have on PS2.
  7. Jul 20, 2012
    As many people said before "I grew up with this game" so did I. It was amazing how cars got on fire and people head exploded when shot with sniper. "OMG" and boats... oh goood awsome. Was a best game many years ago but for today you cant compare this game with GTA IV ect. So 10/10! Second good GTA after GTA:LONDON :)
  8. Jul 28, 2012
    i had the ps2 for my entire childhood and this was one of the only games i'd play since i was 6 to the age i am now this game is always my fav its just pure game the cheats are hilarious (i.e flying cars) the graphics are amazing (B***H who the hell cares about graphics) the story was legendary and i craved for more after i was done and the time you can play this for Jesus i think I've clocked in over 500+ hours of just free roam into that game and over 50+ into the campaign may the next GTA be just like this one Collapse
  9. Oct 11, 2012
    If I'm going to finish Vice City, I'm going to need some painkillers. The only complement I have to give to this game is for the music. Worst combat I've ever tried in a video game, honestly. In addition it consists of terrible camera angles, if there's a guy next to you, you have to start looking around in first person like a moron, because the aim-assist doesn't work from where the camera is placed at any given time. What does it depend on then you ask? The direction the character is facing, which is ridiculous. Which brings me to my next complaint. Why did they bind the aiming to the left analog stick with the rifles, making only the aim-assist weapons like the shotgun bearable, was it their goal to make the controllers dramatically different in comparison to every other game in the world to make it a challenge for all the wrong reasons? I can handle a challenge, but not because of bad controls, that's completely the wrong way to go about it. And the pacing isn't very good either, games should be about applying what you've learned so far as you gradually become better, which is not present here, it's all about successfully bypassing the randomness that is the city. Graphics were superior in GTA 3. the missions feel like doing chores, and honestly I couldn't care less about the story - seems to me some wannabe gangster story for teenagers. You will also find your imminent death right around the corner just because your car happens to flip over, or a cop comes around the corner. Speaking of cops, they are the most aggressive police force in history, if you get stuck with your car you can bet your ass they are going to drive into it in full speed, resulting in it flipping upside down starting to burn immediately, or you can even try running in an attempt to seek for a new car only to find that the only cars are police ones. Unless of course you happen to be close to a Paint Garage where they are watching you from the outside, showing how little emphasis has been put on realism. I recently played Mass Effect 1 which is known to have an inferior combat system to the sequel, but it is nothing compared to this. I can't go past 2 missions without wanting to throw the controller at my brand new TV. Even when I get a Mission Accomplished screen I don't feel like I've accomplished **** and it just so happened that during that particular attempt I didn't have a car hit me from the side when passing an intersection, or that for once the camera angle happened to be pointing at enemies and potential roadblocks. I'd like to meet this fella who came up with the idea to bind the right analog stick to first person scenery, what on earth was he thinking. Trying to go into a alleyway with this camera system is suicide, because you can't see what you're shooting at. I'm 27% into the story and this game is already giving me more headaches than playing through God of War, which is a harder game, but at least when you die you are able to blame yourself - it is not an experience comparable to the coincidental deaths in Vice City. The map is godawful and doesn't show what direction you're heading, which makes me realise this is an old game that hasn't aged very well. If you **** up a mission, most of your time will be spent afterwards doing the exact same thing over and over until you reach the last part of the mission again. It's a waste of time, just let me restart where the challenge starts, it's not a challenge driving to the mission so why would I want to do it all over again? The taxi waiting outside is intended to take care of this problem, but you still have to enter the mission, and then drive to wherever you have to go, leading to myself wasting enormous amounts of spare time. I'm currently stuck on a mission because I didn't run back and save after every successful mission, leading to my character losing his weapons every now and then, and me having to repurchase them. Now I can't afford the properties to move on past mission V, which the game made no effort to inform me of, and I'm left with options like having to drive around in cab to collect hundreds of thousand dollars, which unfortunately is something I'm not willing to do on my spare time. Rockstar's concepts with this game was something along the lines of: Here's a timer for 15 minutes, I see you happened to get the first 14 minutes right and you are now driving over a bridge, we programmed this sequence so that the driver in the opposite lane will now switch lanes so that your car flips through the air and into the water - leading you to die a slow and painful death. We made this decision because lacking remorse, and feel that you should have to play all our missions at least twice, just to make the game appear longer and more "hardcore". Expand
  10. Aug 12, 2010
    One the greatest games ever made for the PS2, and no doubt my favorite Grand Theft Auto game ever made. It is a must by for anyone who likes free-roaming type games with a good Scarface type story-line and lots of weapons and cars.
  11. Jan 6, 2011
    as grand theft auto games go this is my favorite of the series . the best story in the series and you have Ray liotta the man who played henry hill in good fellas the greatest mob movie ever doing the main charicter in this game as tommy gives this game a big hit of personality. the game has a great sound track of 80s music which really helps set the 80s mood of the game. lots more vehicles have been added and now you can finnaly fly some real plains and helicopters. a huge increase to the gun selection . the missions are alot of fun . the AI is still pretty iffy and the game is abit buggy and glitchy. the game is also pretty hard . i manage to beat the first GTA3 with out codes but i couldnt beat this one even with codes . still its a fun game and i spent alot of time sandboxing this . Expand
  12. Dec 4, 2012
    I love the 80s and I love Grand Theft Auto. I cum in my pants when I play this. It's that good. Great soundtrack, great story, great graphics for its time and great gameplay. **** you if you didn't like it when it came out
  13. Oct 3, 2010
    Not as good as GTA III but the whole atmosphere and feel of the era in this game is done superbly and overall this was a fun game, just not as revolutionary as it's predecessor.
  14. Dec 16, 2010
    Compared to GTA III, Vice City SUCKS BALLS!Don't get me wrong is not very bad, but the controls is sometimes awkward, but the action blazes.............again..............Not much to say.......Not bad, but not enough......................
  15. Jun 12, 2013
    Tommy Vercetti, having just been released from a long stint in jail, is sent to Vice City by his old boss, Sonny Forelli. Unfortunately during his first drug buy he is set up and is left with no money or merchandise. With Sonny demanding his money back and everyone else seemingly wanting him dead Tommy realises his only chance is to take over Vice City himself.

Grand Theft Auto III may
    have been the first to take the open world game into 3D but it was Vice City that really took it to its limit. The city itself, based on Miami is, is more vibrant and interesting than any other in the GTA series allowing for hugely diverse missions involving motorbikes, boats, helicopters and even planes. Unlike the most recent outing entertainment, rather than realism, seems to have been the main concern when devising these missions. As the game progresses your impact on the city can really be felt leading to a fantastic finale set within your mansion (think Scarface!).

A quick mention also for the 1980's soundtrack that has yet to be matched. It features a mix of hilarious talk and music stations featuring the likes of Michael Jackson, Roxy Music and Kate Bush and really adds to the sense that you inhabit a living, breathing world.

This is the Playstation 2's best game without doubt.
  16. Jun 12, 2011
    Game play needed polishing. Difficulty spikes untimely in the plot. I like the setting and time period much more than III, and it was one of the funnest games around when it was first released.
  17. Sep 22, 2011
    Well, according to what I know, players that were completely "Viced" on Grand Theft Auto 3 fell in love with some new options available on Vice City such as riding a bike for the very first time, new weapons, new environment and lots of new minigames and side missions.
  18. Nov 9, 2012
    Honestly, I think GTA 3 is better, but this is still a great game. The missions are varied, the graphics are beautiful for 2002, and its overall fun to play.
  19. Dec 14, 2011
    For me this was superior to GTA3 in every single way. Just like in GTA3 most of the time i was just cruising, listen to music. I loved the ending "boss" reminiscent of scar face. This game IS a must buy.
  20. Nov 25, 2011
    Missions, side missions, races, police chases, taxi missions, vigilante missions, firetruck missions, ambulance missions, pizza boy missions, rampages, hidden packages, unique jumps, safehouses, shops, exploration, and, of course, whatever the heck you want!! Pretty much the best video game in the market. The end.
  21. Sep 20, 2013
    I cant imagine that its been 10 years since this came out. GTA VICE CITY is a prequel to GTA III and it came out a year after III. There are a few minor improvements in VC than in III but that doesn't change the fact that VC is a masterpiece. The game is a throwback to movies like SCARFACE, CARLITO'S WAY, and the TV show MIAMI VICE because Vice City is based off Miami, like Liberty City is based off New York. GTA VICE CITY remains one of my fave games off all time. 10/10 Expand
  22. Jun 19, 2013
    Game is amazing. Great story line, great characters, great all around. The only reason why I did not give it a 10 is because the controls are sometimes suspect. But this is a fun, fun game. If you haven't played it yet, get it on iOS or PSN.
  23. Feb 1, 2013
    Dude, IDGAF what anybody says, Vice City is easily the best Grand Theft Auto game out there. It's just made of complete and total awesome. Throw in the wicked 80's soundtrack and it can't be beat.
  24. Jan 1, 2014
    Vice City is a huge improvement over GTA 3 in terms of the open world, characters, vehicles and just about everything else. A real videogame triumph not to be missed.
  25. Dec 16, 2012
    Very good game! One of the best free roaming games ever made. Very good plot, gameplay and graphics. Superb sound and music. Super-recommended, if you like its genre.
  26. Jan 7, 2013
    Gta Vice city is yet another master piece from the greatest gaming franchise of all... Rockstar Games. This game is simply amazing with great visuals, a Stella cast of voice actors and immersive storyline this is my personnel favourite GTA. An utter Classic thanks Rockstar.
  27. Apr 3, 2013
    This is one of the best sandbox games ever made. Huge step from GTA III. Looking back and comparing San Andreas and Vice City, Vice City could have used some edge in storyline sometimes. Asset missions interrupts the main story line for a while.
    Cruising in Vice City is allthough one of the best experiences I´ve had while gaming.
  28. May 20, 2014
    Gta III revolution to 3d open world open the door for more real life based games, Vice City improves it's story to the max of it's potential and create realism to the game. The free roaming improves with more detailed graphics than it's predecessor and with a touch of comedy into it. The are decent, bad and awesome at times; great acting from is vivid characters and fun playing it despite that doesn't climb nor swim. This is the best GTA game I ever played 9 out of 10. Expand
  29. Nov 22, 2013
    I'm not going to have Vice City for it's graphics, or it's story, no, I'm going to hate Vice City for it's underwhelming, dull and uninspired gameplay. The missions are dull, and sometimes don't work properly. The inability to hold weapons after being arrested is beyond stupid, the motion blur genuinely hurt my eyes, the characters are underdeveloped and unlikeable as a result, and the fast responses of the cops, with the stupid 'arrest' mechanic ruined the sandbox experience I would expect. A very poor game that I would not recommend. Expand
  30. Jun 20, 2013
    Vice City is pretty much a classic for the PS2. You could say that it's not as revolutionary as GTA III but in terms of gameplay and missions it's unparalleled. This game deserves all the recognition it get's because it's one of the greatest ever.
  31. Jul 28, 2012

No excuses, you’re gonna have to buy this. Unless you don’t own a PS2, in which case, get out of our Internet!
    It's enormous, packed with an immense amount of gameplay, and it's a truly unique gameplay experience...This year's most impressive title, by a log shot.
  3. This is a long game, longer than GTA3 because there are far more missions in this game in a far larger area.