8.7

1. Dec 4, 2012
    I love the 80s and I love Grand Theft Auto. I cum in my pants when I play this. It's that good. Great soundtrack, great story, great graphics for its time and great gameplay. **** you if you didn't like it when it came out
  2. Sep 22, 2011
    Well, according to what I know, players that were completely "Viced" on Grand Theft Auto 3 fell in love with some new options available on Vice City such as riding a bike for the very first time, new weapons, new environment and lots of new minigames and side missions.
  3. Dec 14, 2011
    For me this was superior to GTA3 in every single way. Just like in GTA3 most of the time i was just cruising, listen to music. I loved the ending "boss" reminiscent of scar face. This game IS a must buy.
  4. Nov 25, 2011
    Missions, side missions, races, police chases, taxi missions, vigilante missions, firetruck missions, ambulance missions, pizza boy missions, rampages, hidden packages, unique jumps, safehouses, shops, exploration, and, of course, whatever the heck you want!! Pretty much the best video game in the market. The end.
  5. Apr 5, 2012
    while not as good as 3 this game is still a true marvel awesome shooting outrages fun with missions. driving is same as ever but still fun. The character kodels are impressive too still a 10
  6. May 22, 2012
    With great story, great radio stations (including the commercials), great vehicles, all around great sense of style, hilarious characters and great gameplay... this is by far one of the top 5 to have on PS2.
  7. Sep 20, 2013
    I cant imagine that its been 10 years since this came out. GTA VICE CITY is a prequel to GTA III and it came out a year after III. There are a few minor improvements in VC than in III but that doesn't change the fact that VC is a masterpiece. The game is a throwback to movies like SCARFACE, CARLITO'S WAY, and the TV show MIAMI VICE because Vice City is based off Miami, like Liberty City isI cant imagine that its been 10 years since this came out. GTA VICE CITY is a prequel to GTA III and it came out a year after III. There are a few minor improvements in VC than in III but that doesn't change the fact that VC is a masterpiece. The game is a throwback to movies like SCARFACE, CARLITO'S WAY, and the TV show MIAMI VICE because Vice City is based off Miami, like Liberty City is based off New York. GTA VICE CITY remains one of my fave games off all time. 10/10 Expand
  8. Jul 20, 2012
    As many people said before "I grew up with this game" so did I. It was amazing how cars got on fire and people head exploded when shot with sniper. "OMG" and boats... oh goood awsome. Was a best game many years ago but for today you cant compare this game with GTA IV ect. So 10/10! Second good GTA after GTA:LONDON :)
  9. Jul 28, 2012
    i had the ps2 for my entire childhood and this was one of the only games i'd play since i was 6 to the age i am now this game is always my fav its just pure game the cheats are hilarious (i.e flying cars) the graphics are amazing (B***H who the hell cares about graphics) the story was legendary and i craved for more after i was done and the time you can play this for Jesus i think I'vei had the ps2 for my entire childhood and this was one of the only games i'd play since i was 6 to the age i am now this game is always my fav its just pure game the cheats are hilarious (i.e flying cars) the graphics are amazing (B***H who the hell cares about graphics) the story was legendary and i craved for more after i was done and the time you can play this for Jesus i think I've clocked in over 500+ hours of just free roam into that game and over 50+ into the campaign may the next GTA be just like this one Collapse
  10. Feb 1, 2013
    Dude, IDGAF what anybody says, Vice City is easily the best Grand Theft Auto game out there. It's just made of complete and total awesome. Throw in the wicked 80's soundtrack and it can't be beat.
  11. Jan 7, 2013
    Gta Vice city is yet another master piece from the greatest gaming franchise of all... Rockstar Games. This game is simply amazing with great visuals, a Stella cast of voice actors and immersive storyline this is my personnel favourite GTA. An utter Classic thanks Rockstar.
  12. Jun 20, 2013
    Vice City is pretty much a classic for the PS2. You could say that it's not as revolutionary as GTA III but in terms of gameplay and missions it's unparalleled. This game deserves all the recognition it get's because it's one of the greatest ever.
  13. Aug 11, 2013
    The hands down GTA champ of the PS2/Xbox era. Its a giant leap forward from GTA III and much more consistent than GTA SA. There's so much to do and the setting is perfect. 10/10
  14. Sis
    Sep 19, 2013
    One of the coolest games ever made. The nostalgia is overwhelming and the gameplay is fantastic! This is hands down the best GTA game to play without cheats(If you want to play with cheats, I recommend GTA: San Andreas).
  15. Sep 29, 2013
    Todos... De nuevo, TODOS deben haber jugado este juego de tan legendario que es, el primer capítulo de una de las franquicias más poderosas en la historia de los videojuegos: "Grand Theft Auto: Vice City" se ha convertido, para mí en uno de los mejores títulos de la PlayStation 2. Un juego histórico que merece ser alabado por todos hoy, mañana y en generaciones futuras, pues su legado esTodos... De nuevo, TODOS deben haber jugado este juego de tan legendario que es, el primer capítulo de una de las franquicias más poderosas en la historia de los videojuegos: "Grand Theft Auto: Vice City" se ha convertido, para mí en uno de los mejores títulos de la PlayStation 2. Un juego histórico que merece ser alabado por todos hoy, mañana y en generaciones futuras, pues su legado es impresionante, que más se puede decir de este título, sin dudas lo tiene todo. Impresionante labor de Rockstar. Expand
  16. Jun 10, 2014
    OH MY GOD 10/10!!!!! OH MY GOD 10/10!!!!! OH MY GOD 10/10!!!!! OH MY GOD 10/10!!!!! OH MY GOD 10/10!!!!! OH MY GOD 10/10!!!!! OH MY GOD 10/10!!!!!
  17. Sep 28, 2015
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The Massive Amount Of New Features Sets This Game Miles Apart From Grand Theft Auto III Everything From Interior Locations, The Combat, The Graphics To The Car Handling Has Been Improved Making This Into A Totally Brilliant Game. Expand
  18. Aug 17, 2015
    One of the greatest games of all time, great plot, great characters, great acting, great gameplay, all around greatness. Must have game for anybody, not just Grand Theft Auto fans.
  19. Feb 12, 2016
    this game is absolutely brilliant because the characters like lance will be Tommy friend at the start helping him out with fighting out crime and drug deals. the last mission is where lance betrays Tommy in the last mission because his boss asks him for money at the start he was sending the drug package to someone overall i recommend you get this game it awesome.
  20. Mar 6, 2017
    Vice City follows GTA 3 and adds some nice new features to the series. The ability to purchase property and the inclusion of motorbikes were a much welcome addition to the series. Another home run from Rockstar.
  21. May 14, 2016
    Продолжение великой франшизы GTA! Теперь новая часть GTA перенесёт нас в яркий прототип Майами 80-х годов, где царит рок, неоновые огни, быстрые тачки, дорогие костюмы и девочки в бикини. Отличная графика для PS2, удобное управление, красивая солнечная картинка, неплохой сюжет. Также, запомнился элегантный главный герой - Томми Версетти, который был обычным головорезом и стал главойПродолжение великой франшизы GTA! Теперь новая часть GTA перенесёт нас в яркий прототип Майами 80-х годов, где царит рок, неоновые огни, быстрые тачки, дорогие костюмы и девочки в бикини. Отличная графика для PS2, удобное управление, красивая солнечная картинка, неплохой сюжет. Также, запомнился элегантный главный герой - Томми Версетти, который был обычным головорезом и стал главой криминальной империи Вайс-Сити. 10/10. Классика жанра! Expand
  22. Dec 12, 2016
    This game is much better than GTA III by like a million miles. Game play and story line is top notch and mechanics is just as good. I really have nothing else to say about this game except it is a masterpiece. 10/10.
  23. Jan 26, 2017
    It does not have too many problems to play it,and it is just like watching a movie!And a great 80s crime film. so go buy this game before you regret.Also,it is a Best Plot in the gaming history ever.
  24. Mar 24, 2017
    If GTA 3 revolutionized the idea what an open world story based game could be..... GTA Vice City showed us what a open world story based game should be. I can sum this game up by saying it felt like I was playing through a well voice acted, slightly over the top, extremely entertaining 1980's mafia movie and that's because I kind of was.

GTA Vice City is really all about the story from

GTA Vice City is really all about the story from start to finish. The in game mechanics are really just tools you use to work your way to next chapter of the story and even those do not disappoint. Drive, shooting and moving are all functional even by today's standards and certainly do not take away from the enjoyment of the ride the story puts you on. There are so many different types of weapons and vehicles to choose from and the adjustable radio has so many great songs and funny talk shows to choose from. There is so much depth to the characters and their stories which is supported by great voice acting that rivals or exceeds a lot of the garbage we see in today's games. You find yourself getting attached to a lot of these characters due to some great character development and want to learn more and more about them. There is no shortage side missions and mini missions to keep you entertained between story missions if you want to do them and I really loved the business portfolio system that gave you even more missions to perform and allows you to generate an income. It genuinely feels like a mob game should in the GTA context. The story to me is what puts this game over the top. From beginning to end you just want to see what is going to happen next and I was never disappointed at any point.

I have played and beaten this game more times then any other since I started playing games when I was a kid. So far in my video game playing experience (20 years) GTA Vice City is by far my favorite game of all time and is currently the only game I have ever given a perfect score for. GTA Vice City has been replicated by many but will never be bested. One of a kind. 10/10 Exceptional
  25. ysi
    Mar 29, 2017
    Perfect score 10. This is the game that started my addiction for GTA franchise. It was love at first sight in GTA 3, but it's true love in GTA Vice City. It's got it all. The 80s atmosphere, the music, the gangs, memorable characters, and cool references and satirical. A classic indeed!
  26. Apr 14, 2017
    This is my favorite GTA out of all of the series.

This is my favorite GTA out of all of the series.

The ultimate time capsule of the 1980s. This is one of the greatest video games ever made. Sex, drugs and violence perfectly captured. The soundtrack IS the greatest licensed soundtrack in video game history. The graphics are perfect and look much smoother and nicer than GTA 3. The gameplay is fantastic and has much more interactability than GTA 3 until San Andreas came out. A lot of tributes to eighties films and tv shows like Scarface, Carlito's Way, Reservoir Dogs and Miami Vice. Fantastic voice acting from some of my favourite actors like Ray Liotta, Robert Davi, Burt Reynolds and Dennis Hopper. You can spend hours on finding collectibles, doing mini games, side missions and property takeover missions. The story is superb. It's a tribute to Scarface done to perfection

You can tell that Rockstar put months of effort into creating a beloved masterpiece.
    Overall I give this game a perfect 10. People must play Vice City
  27. J.Palm
    Nov 9, 2002
    This is the best game ever made. Even better then GTA3. Not only is does this game have over 60 hours of game play while trying to beat the game it also has 50 hour of just messing with the game. Lastly There are major improvements from GTA3 including interiors. Man this game is good.
  28. GregT.
    Jun 15, 2003
    This game is a superbly twisted, and wonderfully sick example of the next generation of games to come. GTA-VC Let's you interact,Go anywhere,and Do anything you could possibly imagine. P.S. Need's some improvements on Graphics; like distance, Fire, Wheels, That red sunglare is totaly useless. lightning "Bolts" would be nice. Even better if the bolts hit stuff, I'm looking This game is a superbly twisted, and wonderfully sick example of the next generation of games to come. GTA-VC Let's you interact,Go anywhere,and Do anything you could possibly imagine. P.S. Need's some improvements on Graphics; like distance, Fire, Wheels, That red sunglare is totaly useless. lightning "Bolts" would be nice. Even better if the bolts hit stuff, I'm looking foward to GTA-LA, or GTA-Hawii Expand
  29. JustinM.
    Mar 15, 2004
    Motorcycles and lots more sports car is cool, but the story is not as good as gtaIII. Like them both the same.
  30. DamianM.
    Jan 15, 2003
    The game was really good 10 times better than GTA 3. You can bail out now, and you can buy more hide-outs, it has motorcycles. But There is one BIG PROBLEM YOU CANT SWIM IN THIS GAME.
  31. JAKEL.
    Mar 20, 2004
    A good game ... but not as good as III in terms of storyline.
  32. JohnG.
    May 4, 2005
    A must have for any gamer.
  33. ApocalypseB.
    Oct 29, 2006
    Vice City is a superb game, no doubt! The Scarface theme and the era is as golden as the storyline and the comical radio broadcasts. But the area, lack of decent stunt chances and things to do within it are limited compared to San Andreas, thus making the latter a much better game. But VC has better graphics than SA and for me, is still a fanastic game to play for an hour if you get stuck Vice City is a superb game, no doubt! The Scarface theme and the era is as golden as the storyline and the comical radio broadcasts. But the area, lack of decent stunt chances and things to do within it are limited compared to San Andreas, thus making the latter a much better game. But VC has better graphics than SA and for me, is still a fanastic game to play for an hour if you get stuck on SA. Now for Bully! Expand
  34. HenrikS.
    Jun 7, 2007
    Great game, fun and addictive.
  35. ClintT.
    Jan 20, 2008
    This is a brilliant, humorous satire in much the same vein as other GTA games. It owes a lot to films such as Scarface (similar plot and a couple of the shootouts in Vice City are similar to the final hurrah of Tony Montana as well as countless other references) and Carlito
  36. TomS.
    Nov 7, 2002
    Awsome game!! Great graphics.
  37. The7thDragon
    Dec 31, 2002
    I love GTA3. I love Vice City, but unfortunatly i found some bugs in Vice City which made me give it a 9. The first annoying flaw i found in the game was the fact that it kept taking mi guns. ex- I finished a mission i forgot which one and i got that machine gun that u use in the helicopter. I kept it but by the time i was half way done with the 2nd Island the game took that gun and all I love GTA3. I love Vice City, but unfortunatly i found some bugs in Vice City which made me give it a 9. The first annoying flaw i found in the game was the fact that it kept taking mi guns. ex- I finished a mission i forgot which one and i got that machine gun that u use in the helicopter. I kept it but by the time i was half way done with the 2nd Island the game took that gun and all the moltov cocktails i saved up for a "block party from hell" :) anyway that was one flaw and another was the fact mi friend found a error were he could walk through cirtin buildings. Besides these issuse and the lame helicopter controls i love the game. The musics good the play control is good and the missions just make the game even funner. I highly recomend this 2 anybody who is not a big religious/moral person. ENJOY EVERY1! Expand
  38. JeffH.
    Jan 14, 2003
    A solid, likeable game. The graphics are a liitle choppy and blury, and the blood looks fake, but other thatn that it's a fun game. It includes new features upgrading gta3. I would be really impressed if they came out with a multiplayer gta.
  39. BamesBitch
    Aug 18, 2003
    Life is meaningless after completion........they say there will be a sequel but how far away is that?......(sigh)...
  40. NunuB.
    Sep 12, 2003
    This game is good but has too many glitches.
  41. MikeS.
    Feb 5, 2005
    After playing all the way through San Andreas, it becomes obvious that Vice City is the better game. Sure, it lacks a lot of great new features, but Vice City just feels like a perfect game, which Andreas doesn't.
  42. KickA.
    May 16, 2007
    Hands down this is the second best gta game (next to san andeas of course) It kicks the crap out of gta 3 cuz you can basically do anything ANYTIHNG you want to. The only reason that its not as good as san adreas is cuz the city is a little bit smaller and the graphics arent as good. Oh and i agree the music is kick a.s! (compared to all the other music in this series. the best thing Hands down this is the second best gta game (next to san andeas of course) It kicks the crap out of gta 3 cuz you can basically do anything ANYTIHNG you want to. The only reason that its not as good as san adreas is cuz the city is a little bit smaller and the graphics arent as good. Oh and i agree the music is kick a.s! (compared to all the other music in this series. the best thing about this game is being able to jack stuff that can fly, helicopters are the best mode of transpertation by far...) $ TIGHT GAME $ Expand
  43. [anonymous]
    Aug 18, 2009
    youd have to be a complete idiot to say that this game is better than san andreas. while i liked the setting it in no way surpasses the story line of san andreas, its not as big, theres way less things to do after the main story, the setting isnt as varied or robust, you cant swim etc. the story in this game is good but it just doesnt match up. this is a 9 but san andreas is a 10, its youd have to be a complete idiot to say that this game is better than san andreas. while i liked the setting it in no way surpasses the story line of san andreas, its not as big, theres way less things to do after the main story, the setting isnt as varied or robust, you cant swim etc. the story in this game is good but it just doesnt match up. this is a 9 but san andreas is a 10, its just the truth Expand
  44. ZackO.
    Nov 1, 2002
    A great follow up to GTAIII, this game has everything.
  45. ChrisH.
    Nov 6, 2002
    I bet it in only 6 days they need to make it harder.
  46. AlexB.
    Apr 18, 2003
    Liberty City is a cooler environment, but where VC misses out for variety and size it makes up with greater detail and a more visceral feel. There are flaws. The radio stations get tired quickly, and a lot of space in the environment seems wasted. But these are minor points. Just getting up to 3 stars and running from the cops is a game in itself. I wish they'd take this one on line!
  47. ZackF.
    Apr 27, 2003
    Wow what a great game. And the soundtrack is great. But rockstar could do better graphics than that but it's a real kickass game. Some stuff would be cool to add would be like start your own mobs or rob a bank or something. the missions were a little suckie though. oh well all in all i can't put the control down when i get the chance. Good job rockstar.
  48. DarrenM.
    Aug 26, 2004
    Brilliant! As a kid of the 80s I love this...a mix of Miami Vice & Scarface! wooooo!
  49. Brian
    Dec 27, 2002
    Lots of upgrades from GTA3. The missions i think were what made this game great. i would of given it a 10 except for the fact myself and lots of my friends played gta3 constantly and probably got tired of the police chases but for anyone who is new to GTA on the ps2 you'll be amazed.
  50. KyleK.
    Nov 14, 2003
    Great game all round, can be improved by having more missions and making them harder.
  51. KyleK.
    Nov 14, 2003
  52. Jan 6, 2011
    as grand theft auto games go this is my favorite of the series . the best story in the series and you have Ray liotta the man who played henry hill in good fellas the greatest mob movie ever doing the main charicter in this game as tommy gives this game a big hit of personality. the game has a great sound track of 80s music which really helps set the 80s mood of the game. lots moreas grand theft auto games go this is my favorite of the series . the best story in the series and you have Ray liotta the man who played henry hill in good fellas the greatest mob movie ever doing the main charicter in this game as tommy gives this game a big hit of personality. the game has a great sound track of 80s music which really helps set the 80s mood of the game. lots more vehicles have been added and now you can finnaly fly some real plains and helicopters. a huge increase to the gun selection . the missions are alot of fun . the AI is still pretty iffy and the game is abit buggy and glitchy. the game is also pretty hard . i manage to beat the first GTA3 with out codes but i couldnt beat this one even with codes . still its a fun game and i spent alot of time sandboxing this . Expand
  53. Jun 12, 2013
    Tommy Vercetti, having just been released from a long stint in jail, is sent to Vice City by his old boss, Sonny Forelli. Unfortunately during his first drug buy he is set up and is left with no money or merchandise. With Sonny demanding his money back and everyone else seemingly wanting him dead Tommy realises his only chance is to take over Vice City himself.

Grand Theft Auto III may

Grand Theft Auto III may have been the first to take the open world game into 3D but it was Vice City that really took it to its limit. The city itself, based on Miami is, is more vibrant and interesting than any other in the GTA series allowing for hugely diverse missions involving motorbikes, boats, helicopters and even planes. Unlike the most recent outing entertainment, rather than realism, seems to have been the main concern when devising these missions. As the game progresses your impact on the city can really be felt leading to a fantastic finale set within your mansion (think Scarface!).

A quick mention also for the 1980's soundtrack that has yet to be matched. It features a mix of hilarious talk and music stations featuring the likes of Michael Jackson, Roxy Music and Kate Bush and really adds to the sense that you inhabit a living, breathing world.

This is the Playstation 2's best game without doubt.
  54. Nov 9, 2012
    Honestly, I think GTA 3 is better, but this is still a great game. The missions are varied, the graphics are beautiful for 2002, and its overall fun to play.
  55. Aug 15, 2012
    an awesome game indeed! i love the gameplay and the radio stations, especially K-Chat! that one had me gut laughing most of the time, anyways i don't like the cops in this game and they are very annoying, for instance, two people are having a brawl and the cop just passes by like nothing is happening, then when i want to beat them up too, the officer turns around and starts beating me withan awesome game indeed! i love the gameplay and the radio stations, especially K-Chat! that one had me gut laughing most of the time, anyways i don't like the cops in this game and they are very annoying, for instance, two people are having a brawl and the cop just passes by like nothing is happening, then when i want to beat them up too, the officer turns around and starts beating me with his stick! :( Expand
  56. Jul 23, 2012
    When this game came out there was no such thing as flying a helicopter over a sprawling city in any other video game. There was no such thing as a rich and funny storyline stretched over a diverse and exciting city. Today, you may have seen better, but Vice City truly openend up for a bigger kind of gaming back then. I was very sceptic that a new "spin" on GTA III could be worth anything,When this game came out there was no such thing as flying a helicopter over a sprawling city in any other video game. There was no such thing as a rich and funny storyline stretched over a diverse and exciting city. Today, you may have seen better, but Vice City truly openend up for a bigger kind of gaming back then. I was very sceptic that a new "spin" on GTA III could be worth anything, but it blew everyone away. The soundtrack was also sold seperately in a boxed set. It represented the coolest music of the era in all genres. I agree with the many who place Vice City high in the GTA series. Expand
  57. Aug 22, 2012
    This game is my favorite GTA III Era game. It has style, story and big pack of action. I grew on this game (along with GTA3 and GTA San Andreas). One of the best games EVER.
  58. Jun 19, 2013
    Game is amazing. Great story line, great characters, great all around. The only reason why I did not give it a 10 is because the controls are sometimes suspect. But this is a fun, fun game. If you haven't played it yet, get it on iOS or PSN.
  59. Apr 3, 2013
    This is one of the best sandbox games ever made. Huge step from GTA III. Looking back and comparing San Andreas and Vice City, Vice City could have used some edge in storyline sometimes. Asset missions interrupts the main story line for a while.
    Cruising in Vice City is allthough one of the best experiences I´ve had while gaming.
  60. May 20, 2014
    Gta III revolution to 3d open world open the door for more real life based games, Vice City improves it's story to the max of it's potential and create realism to the game. The free roaming improves with more detailed graphics than it's predecessor and with a touch of comedy into it. The are decent, bad and awesome at times; great acting from is vivid characters and fun playing itGta III revolution to 3d open world open the door for more real life based games, Vice City improves it's story to the max of it's potential and create realism to the game. The free roaming improves with more detailed graphics than it's predecessor and with a touch of comedy into it. The are decent, bad and awesome at times; great acting from is vivid characters and fun playing it despite that doesn't climb nor swim. This is the best GTA game I ever played 9 out of 10. Expand
  61. Nov 29, 2014
    "I poke my head out of the gutter for one freakin' second and fate shovels sh*t in my face".

Ahhh, Grand Theft Auto: Vice City, what a pleasure it was to play this game! I had a tremendous amount of fun with this game, from getting laid by a prostitute then beating her to death with my baseball bat just to get my money back! Oh, and extra health! It's a win-win situation! Tommy

Ahhh, Grand Theft Auto: Vice City, what a pleasure it was to play this game!

Tommy Vercetti, the guy who can survive multiple gun shots and explosions but can't swim... 11/10!

The soundtrack to this game is amazing! In my honest opinion it's by far one of the best soundtrack that the Grand Theft Auto series has to offer! It even beats GTA V soundtrack (IMHO).

It was a challenging game, especially the RC Helicopter mission where you have to blow up the building on the construction site, that mission was infuriating! To this day I still have problems completing it first time round!

I was so excited to find out you could purchase the "Cherry Popper Ice Cream Factory", my first thoughts were, selling ice creams to the people of Vice City would be pretty awesome, that was until I found out it was Coke I was actually selling.

The game is also full of funny innuendo's, whether you hearing them on the radio, "I just luuuurve the batter all over my face". VCPR (The radio station) is also very funny!

For a Playstation 2 game, there was a lot you cold do! There's a reason these games have an 18 rating!

A MUST HAVE game for you collection.
  62. Oct 19, 2014
    Welcome to Vice City. Welcome to the 1980s. Having just made it back onto the streets of Liberty City after a long stretch in maximum security, Tommy Vercetti is sent to Vice City by his old boss, Sonny Forelli. They were understandably nervous about his re-appearance in Liberty City, so a trip down south seemed like a good idea. But all does not go smoothly upon his arrival in theWelcome to Vice City. Welcome to the 1980s. Having just made it back onto the streets of Liberty City after a long stretch in maximum security, Tommy Vercetti is sent to Vice City by his old boss, Sonny Forelli. They were understandably nervous about his re-appearance in Liberty City, so a trip down south seemed like a good idea. But all does not go smoothly upon his arrival in the glamorous, hedonistic metropolis of Vice City. He's set up and is left with no money and no merchandise. Sonny wants his money back, but the biker gangs, Cuban gangsters, and corrupt politicians stand in his way. Most of Vice City seems to want Tommy dead. His only answer is to fight back and take over the city himself. Vice City offers vehicular pleasures to suit every taste. For the speed enthusiast, there's high-performance cars and motorbikes. For the sportsman, a powerboat or a golf buggy lets you enjoy the great outdoors. For those that need that sense of freedom and escape, why not charter a helicopter and see the beauty of Vice City from the air? Expand
  63. Sep 30, 2015
    Do you love movies like Scarface, Carlito's Way and tv shows like Miami Vice? Then you are gonna love this game!

Grand Theft Auto Vice City is a great improvement over it's predecessor GTA III, not so much in gameplay but in more detailed graphics, more humor and a great soundtrack. Many will agree that this game has the best music (and possibly also graphics) from all GTA games on the PS2.

As others have said before me, the RC helicopter missions in this game were so very hard. I remember how frustrated I got at trying to finish those missions and I never want to try it again.

The game has other flaws: it still has the same camera angle problems as GTA III, your character still can't swim or climb, sometimes you're aiming at the wrong person while shooting, cars still burst out in flames much too easy...

GTA San Andreas (2004) improved on this game with adding the possibility for your character to swim and climb, better camera angle, a multi-player mode...

For that reason I rate Grand Theft Auto: Vice City 9 out of 10.
  64. Nov 1, 2015
    Simplesmente o melhor GTA já feito pra mim, junto do IV, e foi o primeiro que joguei. A história é ótima, os gráficos eram bons na época, pro tamanho do mundo e etc. Trilha sonora ÓTIMA, o local em que se passa é muito legal, a jogabilidade segue o mesmo rumo do GTA III, que já era boa. Infelizmente, não é possível nadar no game :b

História: 9/10 Gráficos: 9/10 Jogabilidade: 9/10

História: 9/10
    Gráficos: 9/10
    Jogabilidade: 9/10
    Desempenho: 10/10
    Trilha sonora: 10/10
  65. Jan 4, 2016
    GTA: Vice City was such a vast improvement over GTA3. It captured the south FL Miami vibe very well, but with a 80's twist (and beats). It's of smaller scale than GTA: SA and even GTA3, but Vice City has it's own personality that sets it apart from the other entries. You will love the Scarface references (If you've seen the movie)!
  66. Nov 18, 2016
    Without a doubt the best grand theft auto game released so far. I've had hours of fun exploring the city and doing the side-missions. The story is interesting, even dough its by no means original.
  67. Antonio
    Apr 29, 2006
    Vice city I think is better then san adreas beacuse after you complet it hardly nothink to do and vice city feels like your in a real world which san adrears feels like a small area but vice city havnt got that good graphics as san andreas if it did it will be worth buying.
  68. JeffR.
    Nov 18, 2002
    The depth and reality of this game is truly unparalled, but that realism comes at a price, unfortunately. the game is quite buggy, from draw distance glitches to ridiculous fall damage issues (trip over a curb? that'll cost you 10 health - plummet 14 stories, and it'll be 30), the sudden dissappearing of vehicles that were just there a second ago, and other miscellaneous bugsThe depth and reality of this game is truly unparalled, but that realism comes at a price, unfortunately. the game is quite buggy, from draw distance glitches to ridiculous fall damage issues (trip over a curb? that'll cost you 10 health - plummet 14 stories, and it'll be 30), the sudden dissappearing of vehicles that were just there a second ago, and other miscellaneous bugs keep this game from really being the best of the year, but regardless, there is so much fun to be had. vice city teems with life and oozes style, and the excellent sense of humor carries on through every hour you play. the radio in and of itself is sheer brilliance, and the missions, although some are quite difficult, are extremely imaginative and fun. it may not be the second coming of jesus that everyone thought it would be, but its an excellent game that deserves your $50. Expand
  69. JonathanP.
    Nov 9, 2002
    A huge improvement over the mediocre and vastly overrated GTA3, Vice City suffers from many of its problems while fixing some. The storyline is more interesting thanks to the fact you feel more involved personally, however the game suffers from the same repetition of the first and is not nearly as addictive as most great games are. I'm not compelled to play it as often as I can and A huge improvement over the mediocre and vastly overrated GTA3, Vice City suffers from many of its problems while fixing some. The storyline is more interesting thanks to the fact you feel more involved personally, however the game suffers from the same repetition of the first and is not nearly as addictive as most great games are. I'm not compelled to play it as often as I can and that says a lot about a game's quality. It's far too easy as well, I've already beat it in about a week, thankfully it was just a rental. Expand
  70. BenN.
    May 16, 2003
    A proper game!
  71. CodyS.
    Jul 26, 2003
    This game is mind numbingly addictive and would be one of the games I would buy the ps2 for. the only thing that keeps it from getting a 10 is it is glitchy and the graphics aren't that great.
  72. SamS.
    Jul 22, 2004
    This is an enjoyable game at some points I like 3 better than vice city mainly because it gets me in more of a crime like mood and the controls are better. I rarely get in a crimey mood in Vice City but when I do i'ts better than 3, but like I said, those moments are rare. Also, the lighting is much better in 3. Great game but at the bottom of the river compared to 3.
  73. SarelmB.
    Oct 31, 2006
    This was a great game, but so unoriginal. It is obvious that this is based on Scarface. If you haven't seen that movie, but played this game watch the movie, and you will know they are the same thing. But still awesome game all in all.
  74. TimL.
    Nov 9, 2002
    The game is hard but it's more fun then playing GTA3.
  75. Chuck76
    Apr 11, 2003
    This is a great game don't doubt that but there are a few points that kinda bug me. The whole setting, the way the streets are laid out don't make for total enjoyment while travelling around like they did on GTA3. And the whole of Vice City in general just aint as good as Liberty City. There are more niggles but they won't ruin the game by any means. Plus points are new This is a great game don't doubt that but there are a few points that kinda bug me. The whole setting, the way the streets are laid out don't make for total enjoyment while travelling around like they did on GTA3. And the whole of Vice City in general just aint as good as Liberty City. There are more niggles but they won't ruin the game by any means. Plus points are new vehicles to use, much more varied missions and probably the best video game soundtrack I've heard. I think I coulda' picked out a few more 80's hits that would have gone well with the game. The graphics are also much improved over GTA3, but they also kinda annoy after a while, I can see what the designers were getting at but at times it can affect what you're currently doing. Though I do sometimes go back and play it again since finishing it, I much prefer to go back and play GTA3. As I've said, this is a fantastic game miles better than most, but I prefer GTA3. There's plenty more life in this series yet so I can't wait for the next title but no-more 80's please! Expand
  76. JasonB.
    Nov 16, 2005
    GTA 3 was great, and Im sure it was difficult to follow it up. But they managed to do so, and with alot of Flair! The setting is just plain awesome, esspecially if you were into Miami Vice, Knight Rider, the A-Team and other shows from that era. Gameplay is improved over the original slightly, but the setting is what makes this game better than the original.
  77. Oct 3, 2010
    Not as good as GTA III but the whole atmosphere and feel of the era in this game is done superbly and overall this was a fun game, just not as revolutionary as it's predecessor.
  78. Dec 16, 2010
    Compared to GTA III, Vice City SUCKS BALLS!Don't get me wrong is not very bad, but the controls is sometimes awkward, but the action blazes.............again..............Not much to say.......Not bad, but not enough......................
  79. Jun 12, 2011
    Game play needed polishing. Difficulty spikes untimely in the plot. I like the setting and time period much more than III, and it was one of the funnest games around when it was first released.
  80. Jan 1, 2014
    Vice City is a huge improvement over GTA 3 in terms of the open world, characters, vehicles and just about everything else. A real videogame triumph not to be missed.
  81. Aug 6, 2013
    This game is really fun and made me fall in love with sandbox game. GTA Vice City is different form the games before it. Vice City was bright and was heavily based on Scarface the movie. The 80's music makes me enjoy the game that much more, the graphics don't hold up. That's not really the games fault because of where gaming was at the time but it some times takes away from the storyThis game is really fun and made me fall in love with sandbox game. GTA Vice City is different form the games before it. Vice City was bright and was heavily based on Scarface the movie. The 80's music makes me enjoy the game that much more, the graphics don't hold up. That's not really the games fault because of where gaming was at the time but it some times takes away from the story because a character looks like garbage. The game besides how it looks its really fun. The games map is really big, there are a lot of side stuff that will entertain you and will help you get everything. There will never be a moment of boredom as long as you are doing a quest. There are many things that I can say but I will let those who haven't played it have there own experience with this video game classic. Expand
  82. Oct 31, 2013
    in the time this game was released he was the game of all your life,it was the third gta with better graphics and with a lot of famous people dubbing the characters.
  83. May 11, 2015
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Great atmosphere. One of the best games on ps2. I do not have to say anything more. But i need to write one hundred and fifty characters. i think my score can describe it. Expand
  84. Jul 28, 2012

#1 Most Discussed PS2 Game of 2002
#3 Most Shared PS2 Game of 2002

No excuses, you’re gonna have to buy this. Unless you don’t own a PS2, in which case, get out of our Internet!
    It's enormous, packed with an immense amount of gameplay, and it's a truly unique gameplay experience...This year's most impressive title, by a log shot.
  3. This is a long game, longer than GTA3 because there are far more missions in this game in a far larger area.