• Publisher: SCEA
  • Release Date: Nov 9, 2004
9.1

1. Minnie
    Dec 10, 2004
    This game rocks! The best there is out there! GO PLAY IT!
  2. JosephM.
    Dec 9, 2004
    I've been watching the reviews for this game come in all over the board. Interesting to see that the highest scores come from reviewers who gave more in-depth analysis. I found that more than half the reviewers missed the point of the rivalry mode. It's not just for tracking 2 team. It's for tracking your game against a consistant advesary, say your roomate, brother, best I've been watching the reviews for this game come in all over the board. Interesting to see that the highest scores come from reviewers who gave more in-depth analysis. I found that more than half the reviewers missed the point of the rivalry mode. It's not just for tracking 2 team. It's for tracking your game against a consistant advesary, say your roomate, brother, best friend, etc. -JM Expand
    Dec 9, 2004
    This is by far my favorite hockey game!
  4. WillyL.
    Dec 9, 2004
    I like the feel. Has lots of potential.
  5. ChamFong
    Great.
  6. StevenA.
    Dec 9, 2004
    This game has everything that EA and ESPN are missing--a work of art.
  7. WayneGretzky
    Mar 31, 2005
    I love this game.

1. If you want a somewhat mindless hockey game with a nice arcade emphasis, or if you just have an overwhelming passion to give Wayne Gretzky a bit of your cash, then Gretzky NHL 2005 deserves a look ' otherwise, stick with the better contenders on the ice.
  2. A good start. The AI needs to be tweaked, and the controls fine-tuned. The game also needs to work away from one-time shots off the pass having a higher chance of scoring than breakaways.
  3. While the shot aiming is smart, the shooting meter is funky - you have to use timing to ensure the biggest blast. [Jan 2005, p.111]