Guilty Gear X2 PlayStation 2

8.7

1. PerryvanK.
    May 31, 2004
    I don't think it's a 10, because nothing's perfect. I've got the game for quite some time now and still I'm figuring out new moves and strategies per character. It's a shame that they don't sell more fighting games of this stature in The Netherlands. Overall: This game should be in every collection of Beat 'm Up fans.
  2. CrystalP.
    Apr 17, 2004
    Every character is different in their own great way, and it's easy to get drawn into the story and feel for them! And, of course, Testament just rocks out loud. As soon as the Anime advertised in the game itself comes out, EVERYONE should buy it!
  3. MackDaddy
    Nov 6, 2003
    This game rocks very very hard. I sold Vice City to get this game, and that's saying something. It's sort of a fusion of the complex fighting of the Street Fighter games and the over the top style of the Marvel vs. Capcom games. The anime style is very cool and the absurd story lines and characters are pure genious.
  4. AsadR.
    Aug 7, 2003
    This Game is very cool.............
  5. JesseM.
    Jul 9, 2003
    Guilty Gear XX is not only revolutionary in 2D fighters but has made an impact on fighting games in general. Sleek beutiful graphics, kick ass metal sound track, unique & awesome character designs, and adictive and well balanced game mechanics and gameplay, no wonder everyones calling it the greatest 2D fighter in existance, and in my opinion might be the greatest fighter of all time. It Guilty Gear XX is not only revolutionary in 2D fighters but has made an impact on fighting games in general. Sleek beutiful graphics, kick ass metal sound track, unique & awesome character designs, and adictive and well balanced game mechanics and gameplay, no wonder everyones calling it the greatest 2D fighter in existance, and in my opinion might be the greatest fighter of all time. It definatly beats any fighters Capcom craps out every month, Soul Calibur was an incredibly good game but even when I mastered it I still had trouble beating inexpierienced button mashers so there isn't room for expierienced players to grow, Dead OR Alive had neat combos and made you look cool no matter how bad you are but the voices were horrid, and the plot made little to no sense, also the characters were kinda dumb and it went overboard on fan service. So if you enjoy fighters I strongly suggest you go out and buy Guilty Gear XX, also when I bought it new the day it came out the price was at a surprising 45 dollars, and a used version should be much lower. Also if you enjoy japanese anime you might also want to check out this game, it's heavy in the anime department...which kicks ass. Expand
  6. RobertT.
    Jun 21, 2003
    As soul calibur the best 3d fighter since virtual fighter. guilty gear x2 is the best 2d fighter since street fighter alpha 3.
    Jun 15, 2003
    Sets the standard for 2D fighters to come.
  8. Yakup
    May 30, 2003
    It's very cool! I got Guilty Gear X and it looks just like Guilty Gear X-2! The instant kill moves are very great! and in many games if you beat a guy you hear K.O that sucks! But in Guilty Gear you hear Slash! That's very AWESOME!!
  9. DeadParrot
    May 7, 2003
    This is what CvS2 should have been. What happened to you, Capcom?
  10. WayneH.
    May 3, 2003
    This game rocks!! X2 has bought out all the stops to put other 2-D games on its butt. the use of manga/anime vids has given Guilty Gear fans a new insight into the game. Story mode is new and improved and new mission mode puts experienced gamers to the test.
  11. TidusC.
    Mar 28, 2003
    The Hentai/manga feeling is over all the time i love that... and very little clothes on the girls :)
  12. J.G.
    Mar 15, 2003
    The story is reminds me of the last one a bit, but oh well. the character designs are awesome, the new characters are cool (go Zappa!) and I never get tired of the instant kill moves.
  13. IoriY.
    Feb 27, 2003
    Good.
  14. FullEnergy
    Feb 13, 2003
    PERFECT!!!
  15. DanielM.
    Feb 11, 2003
    This is an amazing installment in the Guilty Gear series, but the improvements aside from the graphics are minor.

#88 Most Discussed PS2 Game of 2003

1. The real challenge is not how you perform a move or ability, but rather when to do so. The rules of this title promote fair play by penalizing contenders who resort to stall tactics.
  2. How willing you are to invest time and effort into mastering Guilty Gear X2’s intimidating (and deep) list of moves and potential combos will determine whether this will be a casual distraction or your next obsession.
  3. Beautiful. Stunning. Gorgeous. A heart stopping, melt-in-your-pants looker. High resolution sprites and meticulously animated everything combine to make one hell of an enjoyable visual mess.