Guitar Hero II PlayStation 2

8.5

1. NateB.
    Nov 11, 2006
    The sound quality in this game is awful. Everything sounds like it was recorded on an 8 track, and the quality of the covers themselves are terrible (plus it doesn't help the song list is significantly weaker this go around). My biggest complain is the timing of the notes, I'll be holding a note just fine and all the sudden it will mess up for no reason. Also, the notes The sound quality in this game is awful. Everything sounds like it was recorded on an 8 track, and the quality of the covers themselves are terrible (plus it doesn't help the song list is significantly weaker this go around). My biggest complain is the timing of the notes, I'll be holding a note just fine and all the sudden it will mess up for no reason. Also, the notes don't play when you actually play them, sometimes there's this weird delay. Wolfmother, for example, is particularly strange. I'm playing it and everything is spot on, then all the sudden the second part of the main riff is completely messed up or I'll flat out not play a note and it will play on its own. It's not for lack of skill, as I demolished the first guitar hero, or the guitar since guiter hero 1 works fine. It's like they rushed this to release without polishing anything. I hate this game so much and its one of the things I looked foward to most all year. Expand
  2. ChopStix
    Nov 18, 2006
    They forget one thing - the music. The song list is horrible. The tunes are boring beyond belief. I want to play rock & roll anthems like Sweet Child o' Mine and YYZ. But sadly there's little of that. In fact, there's very little in terms of guitar solos to dig into and get that rush that was there in the first edition. And what is Cherry Pie doing on there? That song was They forget one thing - the music. The song list is horrible. The tunes are boring beyond belief. I want to play rock & roll anthems like Sweet Child o' Mine and YYZ. But sadly there's little of that. In fact, there's very little in terms of guitar solos to dig into and get that rush that was there in the first edition. And what is Cherry Pie doing on there? That song was garbage back then and it's even worse now. And the grung death metal gets tiresome real quick. The covers themselves are horrible themselves with the exception of Message in a Bottle and YYZ. I suspect this will be their last edition. I wanted to buy to give it as a gift but now, I won't even do that unless I can get the first edition that had some of the great guitar anthems replete with classic licks which filled the first. To their credit, there is a bit more depth to the game itself but the tunes just aren't crowd-pleasing enough. This is a HUGE disappointment and believe me I wanted to like this game. I looked forward to it. But I just don't want to play the garbage tunes that have no great licks that simulate that thrill of playing. I'm talking about tunes like More Than a Feeling, Ziggy Stardust, Texas Flood, Spanish Castle Magic, Bark at the Moon and You Got Another Thing Comin'. Screw you Red Octane and your bleedin demographics. You've lost this customer and my word of mouth advertising. Expand

#7 Most Discussed PS2 Game of 2006

1. Exceeds the previous title in every way..."Guitar Hero" was a staple of the parties I throw at my house, but it looks like Guitar Hero II has stolen the crown!
    The original's head to head multiplayer wasn't vital enough to make the expense worthwhile, but this time the co-op play is so integral to the game's appeal that most will find it irresistible...This is an absolutely stellar release, with too much variety, originality, rewards, and pure fun to even think about missing out on.
  3. You can play any given song at any of four speeds (Normal, Slow, Slower and Slowest), and you have the ability to select what portion(s) of the song you'd like to play. That has proven ridiculously useful as I continue in my Quixotic quest to complete "Free Bird" on Expert.