8.2

1. Bobbobbo
    Jan 20, 2008
    The best game I have ever played.
  2. MikeG.
    Nov 10, 2007
    Best of all the guitar hero games, however, there are a few gripes that I have. Why does the game save when you fail a song??!? Why did they put slayer-raining blood on the main setlist(song should have been on the bonus section, if at all), and why can't i take my ps2 online like the wii. Song list is so much better than any other GH, but i wish they'd put down less bonus Best of all the guitar hero games, however, there are a few gripes that I have. Why does the game save when you fail a song??!? Why did they put slayer-raining blood on the main setlist(song should have been on the bonus section, if at all), and why can't i take my ps2 online like the wii. Song list is so much better than any other GH, but i wish they'd put down less bonus tracks and more mainstream songs. P.S. no megadeath song is a bummer. Expand
  3. NickT.
    Oct 30, 2007
    This Game is insane!! it has all new battle mode (extremely fun), brand new tracks (finally more modern), and is is just all around great!! i have no dissapointment whatsoever with this game.
  4. CaioK.
    Nov 14, 2007
    The best Guitar Hero ever! The song selection is great! The boss fights are hard, but fun. And the best of all, you can play as Slash! Do I need to say anything else?
  5. Sep 23, 2010
    The apex of Guitar Hero's popularity, greatness, and content. Featuring few covers and covering a wide variety of music from the 60s to the present, this is the Magnum Opus by which all other rhythm games are measured.
  6. May 9, 2011
    Legends of Rock is the best Guitar Hero to hit the PS2, and is still worth a buy if you find it at a bargain bin. Pros: Excellent setlist, including classic and modern rock; lots of unlockables; boss battles have improved since Guitar Hero II. Cons: The graphics just look average compared to the PS3 version; it's not exactly a cons against the games, but regardless of whether you like aLegends of Rock is the best Guitar Hero to hit the PS2, and is still worth a buy if you find it at a bargain bin. Pros: Excellent setlist, including classic and modern rock; lots of unlockables; boss battles have improved since Guitar Hero II. Cons: The graphics just look average compared to the PS3 version; it's not exactly a cons against the games, but regardless of whether you like a track or not, you WILL have to play through it in story mode. Expand
  7. Feb 27, 2015
    There is a lot of content in this game to keep you coming back for more! There is a large variety of songs and its fun playing the classics. Only downside I can think of is that sometimes the buttons I pressed on the guitar wouldn't register so sometimes my score would mess up.

#8 Most Discussed PS2 Game of 2007

1. You're in for one hell of a good time. [Oct 2007, p.108]
  2. Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock is undoubtedly the best game in the series. The amazing soundtrack, superb wireless guitar, subtle tweaks, and excellent online multiplayer are exactly what fans have been wanting from the series.
  3. Guitar Hero III ups the ante with increased difficulty and new modes, and though not everything it adds is fantastic, the excellent tracklist and stellar gameplay are sure to keep you hooked.