8.6

1. Sep 5, 2012
    This game is pretty good. I am reviewing this at a time where guitar hero has been bankrupted. The venues in this game are maybe the best ever. The music has great picks but then you have all covers where on Killer Queen its off key, Take Me Out the guy sounds creepy at times and Steller has a weird starting. This game is worth a buy.
  2. JeremyGuyton
    May 31, 2006
    Prior to playing this game I hated all things Sony including systems, games and everything. After playing just a demo of it I am going to go out and buy a PS2 and this game because it is so awesome. The one criticism that I have of the game is that it set so high a bar Guitar Hero 2 may be unable to surpass the original, but I'll still buy the sequel anyway. Awesome song selection, the controller actually felt like a guitar, this game is awesome. Collapse

1. When it really comes down to it, what this game's about is no-frills rocking. And no-frills rocking is what it does very well. [Nov 2005, p.98]
  2. With its extremely smart approach to difficulty, its great guitar controller, and its killer song selection, Guitar Hero might just be the best rhythm game ever made.
  3. I am frankly astonished by how much playing this game feels like playing the guitar for real.