Gun PlayStation 2

8.7

1. MickeyM.
    Oct 12, 2006
    It's an amazing game but a little short it offers a good range of weapons including bow and arrow I highly recommend this game for all shoot em up lovers.
  2. Aug 21, 2012
    this one was a huge surprise for me. this is simple a more linear GTA in Wild West. Great Game! Though its a little bit too short. If you love GTA and you like Western give this one a try, you will not regret it
  3. dx
    Nov 9, 2005
    it's not too short--it just seem short because you're having a great time. get in, get out, nobody gets hurt (or bored). play on Insane difficulty and it will take longer ;-)
  4. DanB.
    Mar 1, 2006
    far too short and not enough chacter devlopment but very good gameplay, shooting dudes with explosive arrows rocks so hard.
  5. DarrenS.
    Nov 9, 2005
    Fantastic game, good work guys!
  6. RonB.
    Oct 19, 2006
    Yeehaaa! After playing this game, I wish could have lived in the old west, though the game probably embellishes a little on the accuracy of the times. Despite this, the game has great controls and is full of action throughout, a touch on the short side though. None the less, a great game that everyone should try sometime.
  7. ArsenioP.
    Nov 9, 2005
    GENIUS!!! These guys rock dude!! Wow when da stem bote blew up I was like totally blown away man This game is totally like dope ya know yas gotta buy it NOW!!!
  8. BenB.
    Feb 4, 2006
    Excellent story line and side games. Thoroughly enjoyable game, enjoyed from start to finish.
  9. GregT.
    Mar 27, 2006
    This is a short game but it is excellent fun. I rented it and easily completed it within the 2 night time frame including all the sub missions. I would have been disappointed if I have paid full price for it. Highly recommended.
  10. DylanG.
    Jul 18, 2006
    THis game is really fun, even though it is kinda short. But for what it is, it was still fun. THe horseriding is really fun especially when bandits start chasing you. When u beat the game the side missions keep u busy, and they r fun too. this game is definetly worth renting.
  11. SamuraiS.
    Nov 15, 2005
    Howdy partners! Feel like blowing the heads off of some nasty hombres, hanging wit whores, scalping Indians, herding cattle, slashing wild wolves with a tomahawk, killing a wild grizzly, guarding a stagecoach, blowing stuff to kingdom come? Then saddle up, partner and ried into the wild west. This game is so awesome that its tough to describe. There's just an amazing thing about Howdy partners! Feel like blowing the heads off of some nasty hombres, hanging wit whores, scalping Indians, herding cattle, slashing wild wolves with a tomahawk, killing a wild grizzly, guarding a stagecoach, blowing stuff to kingdom come? Then saddle up, partner and ried into the wild west. This game is so awesome that its tough to describe. There's just an amazing thing about kicking butt the old fashioned way. There's no laser beams to hurdle, no hacking codes, no electronic gadgets of any kind... 'cause they weren't invented yet. Just the good 'ol fashioned firearms that won the west. The gameplay is great, the visuals are damn near unbelievable and mainly its a crap-load-o-FUN! When you firebomb an enemy they hot around screaming, ooh, ahh... fire... water, water water..." Its hilarious, trust me. And when a guy is lying there on the ground he'll beg for mercy as you proceed to saw off his scalp. Gruesome, yes but oh so satisfying. You can upgrade all your weapons and even your horse so he gets faster and more agile. You can jump your horse over buffalo, cattle, fences and townsfolk... again, it's hilariously fun. There's a slow-mo phase you slip into called Quickdraw where you can pick off multiple enemies one by one. They'll even moan in a low slow-mo groaning way that's wonderful.You can also mine gold to make more cash to buy stuff and can play poker in the local saloons. ANYWAY, I'm giving the whole game away but really, you NEED to experience it for yourself. Even the background music adds a real western supense and adventure level to the game andhelps complete the package. The storyline is GREAT... like a movie, the characters are GREAT and as for the main man, Colten White, you really care about him and become personally involved in his journey to seek bloody revenge. It is rather short so you might wanna rent it but personally, I'll jump on my horse from time to time just to enjoy a peaceful gallop across the great plains. Yee-haw! Giddyup! Expand
  12. NateP.
    Nov 29, 2005
    the game I thought was really cool. what disappointed me was the fact that is was so short but for what the game was I would recommend it.
  13. JoshR.
    Dec 29, 2005
    Great game. Graphics are astounding missions are on the easy side but still challenging. It is kind of short, you could probably beat it in a rental time frame but there's always side missions to do after the story line is over. One of the best games I've played this year.
  14. JonathanG.
    Dec 31, 2005
    This game was really fun, though it was a little short. I would highly recommend buying it now. The graphics are pretty good for the PS2. Neversoft has done it again!
  15. Sep 28, 2015
    Gun is a great game! There is the nice story mode, but there's also the enjoyable free roaming with a lot of side missions. Riding your horse on the prairie is so much fun! Riding your horse through the city wielding your guns and shooting at dogs and people walking in the streets is equally satisfying.

This game is like the predecessor of Read Dead Redemption on the PS3, even more so than Red Dead Revolver was because that game didn't have the chance to explore the map in free roam.

The only thing missing in this game is a split screen multiplayer mode. Read Dead Revolver on the other hand did have that option. Because of the free roaming in Gun with the excellent option to ride your horse anywhere you like, I prefer Gun more than Read Dead Revolver. But since I own both games I don't really have to chose between them.

I rate Gun 10 out of 10.

#48 Most Discussed PS2 Game of 2005

1. The experience just doesn't last long enough to be savored. Gun's main story missions are exciting, but the main plot is over so quickly that the whole thing just ends up feeling rushed, and the various side missions aren't compelling enough to hold your interest after the end credits roll.
    The interesting thing about Gun, however, is that it mixes broad free-roaming aspects with some of the most tightly scripted missions we've seen in any game -- quite an achievement for an original game from a company known for skateboarding titles.
    You've got a rich and compelling narrative, a twitch-happy gun mechanic, and a big landscape in which to explore. On the other hand, the controls are loose and a little sloppy, the targeting perimeter around each character is way too big and forgiving, so it's easy to be a bad shooter, and the vast landscape doesn't have much in it.