• Publisher: Bandai
  • Release Date: May 6, 2003
8.9

1. RyanB.
    Nov 8, 2005
    A great game with compelling storyline and gameplay. Battle system is incredibly addictive, and I like the expanisive amount of skills and equipment, but party members need their hands held constantly.
  2. FrankA.
    Sep 23, 2005
    The one that gave it a 5 can go to ....
  3. PedroG.
    Nov 22, 2004
    It's a very good game.
  4. FakhriR.
    Jul 20, 2004
    I love this game so much because it suitable for me.
  5. DevinP.
    Jun 15, 2004
    Awesome but needs better dungeons and character skills.
  6. Reid
    Nov 18, 2003
    Powerfully addictive and a whole lot of fun. I love how interactive it can be at times. Even after you beat it you find yourself playing it just for the sake of the battles.
  7. LukeA.
    Oct 30, 2003
    It's a great way to continue the saga.
  8. JaredD.
    Aug 24, 2003
    I thought it was the best game of the year! it has really good graphics and its just a plain kick @$$ game!!! And Jay K. your such an @$$, girls have every right to play video games as boys do!!!!
  9. NickS.
    Aug 5, 2003
    This game is so cool but im stuck on a part if u can can help me my screenname is ntwinblader k bye.......
  10. ArianaT.
    Aug 4, 2003
    It was really interesting and fully of things that you want to do. It's very adictive and the characters are all unique.
  11. JakeF.
    Jul 24, 2003
    I think that this is better then the first one because they added the grunty races, better items and equipment, and harder monsters. The only things they should have added were a better veriaty of dungeon type's, more skills, and stronger allies.
  12. SeanF.
    Jul 23, 2003
    The story line is too awesome.The fact that they managed to make you feel like you are really in to internet as a real character is amazing.
  13. JackN.
    Jul 23, 2003
    Jay K, your a moron...girls shouldnt play video games? you play dont you? and rate it a 0? you dont know what a good game is son. Sit down.
  14. JamesP.
    Jul 16, 2003
    good call with chicks having no right to play video games. I liked the story line and thought they could of done more on the dungeons.
  15. BobC.
    Jul 13, 2003
    Its awesome all you peeps down there dont know the first thing about rpgs jeesh.
  16. EdwardW.
    Jul 13, 2003
    The graphics are great and the characters are significant.
  17. JoeP.
    Jul 10, 2003
    Best GAME ever because it just blew my mind even thoght I never played the first one.
  18. EllisW.
    Jul 10, 2003
    It was beautifully done. I loved the game and the character developement was just memorable. I loved playing this game. I bought the first one and then now the second one a few days after it came out. So great, I recommend it so much! To Adrian W., I am girl who plays games... I love to and alos to Jay K., chicks have every right to play video games. I think you are spiteful cause you It was beautifully done. I loved the game and the character developement was just memorable. I loved playing this game. I bought the first one and then now the second one a few days after it came out. So great, I recommend it so much! To Adrian W., I am girl who plays games... I love to and alos to Jay K., chicks have every right to play video games. I think you are spiteful cause you can't get a date with a girl other than the ones ON the video games... Love to the World! Expand
  19. ShaneM.
    Jul 2, 2003
    This game is soooooo good it makes . hack infection look like a demo!
  20. TpcH.
    Jun 30, 2003
    This game opens a new dimension of PS2 fun!
  21. JasonP.
    Jun 29, 2003
    This is the best RPG iv'e played so far
  22. DavidL.
    Jun 26, 2003
    This game is great. Not much change but still great, the story is still getting interesting. Make more games faster.
  23. MarcosD.
    Jun 26, 2003
    This game kicks @$$! cant wait till august.
  24. JuliN.
    Jun 25, 2003
    Though a bit Glitchy like the first, it is a GREAT game to play, and i seen your little comment Jay K. and I happen to be a Chick and I Love video games and find myself to be rather good at them. You have no right to say such a thing because they haven't played the game and yet rated it going on what they think of the previous one. thankyou... Oh yeah...I can't wait for three Though a bit Glitchy like the first, it is a GREAT game to play, and i seen your little comment Jay K. and I happen to be a Chick and I Love video games and find myself to be rather good at them. You have no right to say such a thing because they haven't played the game and yet rated it going on what they think of the previous one. thankyou... Oh yeah...I can't wait for three and four though i hope they are a bit harder to beat. Expand
  25. RavenJ.
    Jun 23, 2003
    I love the graphics in the game, along with the storyline, but I do have to agree that it needs more side quests or -something- to fill the spaces in between the things that advance the story. I found myself getting pretty bored, searching for places to go when I needed to level up but didn't want to be just wandering around somewhere forever. And yes, I'm a girl gamer. :P
  26. CatO.
    Jun 21, 2003
    It's a fun game, but it's kinda short to be shelling out $40-50 for, considering the DVD isn't that great. Felt a little too easy...
  27. RichardY.
    Jun 20, 2003
    It rocks all the way down to hell and back up.
  28. JeffH.
    Jun 20, 2003
    Although the dungeons are repetitive and sometimes boring other elements in the game keep the gamer fully intrigued. Trading for more advanced weapons and gaining other "users" flash mail adresses so they can help you in battle all make this game pretty good. The story line is prety good but is better if u play .hack: infection first because when you beat a .hack game you can transfer Although the dungeons are repetitive and sometimes boring other elements in the game keep the gamer fully intrigued. Trading for more advanced weapons and gaining other "users" flash mail adresses so they can help you in battle all make this game pretty good. The story line is prety good but is better if u play .hack: infection first because when you beat a .hack game you can transfer that data to the next which makes the game much more fun and rewarding. Collapse
  29. JohnH.
    Jun 18, 2003
    It is really good for an RPG.
  30. Lillol
    Jun 18, 2003
    It sucks........
  31. BrandonB.
    Jun 15, 2003
    It's very well done. i dont know what the critics are talking about when they say the graphics are bad. and the camera is simple to control and gavce me no problems. stop down grading this game and see if u can do something etter than this rpg.
  32. DaveS.
    Jun 8, 2003
    It is a realy great game because the fighting system and the weapons.
  33. RandA.
    .hack ROCKS!!!
  34. Austinb.
    May 30, 2003
    This game is one kick @$$ game.
  35. ZippO.
    May 30, 2003
    You know Jay, you should not rate a game based on what someone else puts. If you really hate this game that much why would you even come to this site. Anyway most sequels are very alike to their predecors. By the way, if you rated that I am wondering if you just came here to see what others rated it to see if you wantes to buy it. That is the only possible way you would rate this game that
  36. ScottayS.
    May 29, 2003
    The game was very fun. it kept me busy for a while and I can't wait to play the next two games in the series. some girls are good at video games and they have every right to play them too.
  37. Christian"Einsamkeit"J.
    May 29, 2003
    While its not the sweetest looking RPG I have ever played, its a great game to play. I have been a hard core .hack//sign fan for a long time and have been looking for a version of "The World" since episode 5. It looks like we have found it. Given, redundancy is a problem, but making 27,537 (I think?) individual maps to go with the codenames is pretty st00pid. Its addictive as hell, and While its not the sweetest looking RPG I have ever played, its a great game to play. I have been a hard core .hack//sign fan for a long time and have been looking for a version of "The World" since episode 5. It looks like we have found it. Given, redundancy is a problem, but making 27,537 (I think?) individual maps to go with the codenames is pretty st00pid. Its addictive as hell, and definatly enjoyable. Hopefully this will become a true MMORPG one day. I recomend it to anyone who likes the .hack series, RPGs, or both. I am considered a l337 m4573r, and I know of girls that can kick my ass in VR. Few, but they are there. Expand
  38. Ecko
    May 29, 2003
    I have the entire .hack//sign and .hack//dusk series. I am really impressed with infection and mutation! it not only has great gameplay and a deep storyline but it also goes along with the tv series. This has to rival as one of the best rpg's ever.
  39. WhiteGurdian
    May 28, 2003
    The game intrigues me becuase I think that if we continue to advance in tecknolagy, then we could play games like this one represents. I think that if that dose happen, what will stop the viruas like in the game, to effect us?
  40. MattH.
    May 26, 2003
    One of th best RPGs I've ever played. I loved Infection, and I'm glad I bought Mutation. The plotline is wonderful, and the new party members are great additions to Mutation. I just hope the third and forth volumes will be as great.
  41. JUSTMACK
    May 24, 2003
    Best game everKICKS SERIOUS @$$
  42. ZoutouK.
    May 22, 2003
    Personally, I have to say that this is quite possibly one of the best games I've ever played. The graphics ARE a little bit bleh, but that doesn't have much to do with the overall fun-factor of the game. You thing Everquest is addictive? .hack// is addictive. I pulled an all-nighter just so I could beat Skeith in //Infection. This game makes you work to level up-- and as far as Personally, I have to say that this is quite possibly one of the best games I've ever played. The graphics ARE a little bit bleh, but that doesn't have much to do with the overall fun-factor of the game. You thing Everquest is addictive? .hack// is addictive. I pulled an all-nighter just so I could beat Skeith in //Infection. This game makes you work to level up-- and as far as enemies and plotline, whoever wrote this must've had a lot of time on his hands and a whole lot of junk food to think of all this. Either that or an ounce of crack. It's creepy. Overall, this game owns. If you don't have it, buy it or ######### will get you. (Ask, if you must... ) Expand
  43. JoshB.
    May 16, 2003
    It is a wonderful game with lots to do and see.
  44. taki262Bonsie
    May 14, 2003
    I love the story line and wish they would hurry and get the next game out! Pretty please?
  45. KuroiR.
    May 12, 2003
    This game is awesome, I played the first and watch the tv series and it is simply amazing. Mutation only boosts my aboslute love of the series. ^_^
  46. Kung-FuMaster
    May 10, 2003
    I played part 1 and loved it. so i rushed to buy part 2 right when it came out! right now im playing it and its better then the first.
  47. CloudStrife
    May 9, 2003
    .hack... sweet... I spent 10 hours when I first bought the first game and only an hour of that was story... there is that much ta do... and mutation is the same... the new server and new characters are defiantely "different" bringing the atmosphere that I've seen in real online games like Ultima Online... and the monsters right of the start give ya a new challange.
  48. matrix_38018
    May 9, 2003
    This game is one of the best. I wish they really would come out with a .hack mmrpg. That would be very popular.
  49. BanditG.
    May 6, 2003
    Ok, first of all you shouldn't vote if you haven't even played the game! Jeez. Well anyway, this game is excellent and i think it is underrated it deserves a 90-100, Excellent.
  50. P.daddy
    Apr 24, 2003
    I played the part 1 and bought it and its kick ass i think part2 will also be kick ass!!!!!!!!!
  51. AdrianW.
    Apr 9, 2003
    I give it a 8 caouse some doungens look too mach the same, they could make the story line littel more intrasting more stuff to it like more scenes like on beging. and more sidequest too and rare items. And I think there are some grils out there that are better then guys:P and should play Video games:P (so rare to find a girl how plays video games)
  52. BenS.
    Apr 8, 2003
    Evening out that unwarranted 0.
  53. JayK.
    Apr 7, 2003
    Real smart Veronica S, rating a game you don?t even own. Chicks have no right to play video games!
  54. VeronicaS.
    Apr 6, 2003
    I've haven't played this game yet but i played the first hack and i thought that it was a pretty good game so i bet this one goin be even better.

1. More of the same but without the heart.
  2. The Dot-hack universe's mysterious unfolding plot really leaves one with a desire to explore, to learn the increasingly strange (and perhaps sinister) truth behind the game's thick stew of metaphysics and technical mumbo-jumbo.
  3. It's this kind of extra depth that helps round out an already compelling experience. At the very least, it's enough to keep me coming back for more, eagerly awaiting the next chapter in this utterly unique franchise. [June 2003, p.104]