6.9

1. Apr 16, 2013
    The game took the old style which I was fond of, and changed it to... a top down shooter. The game may be better than a four, but due to the fact that I put down the controller after only a little bit, disappointed, leaves me with a sinking feeling that this game is not nearly as good as the last three.
  2. May 5, 2014
    I played the harry potter games before this one, and frankly its quite disappointing. it took out all the exploring of Hogwarts and replaced it with a linear and bland game. I don't know why they didn't keep the same formula for this game, it would have been great. its ok for what it is though. it is playable but I don't suggest it
  3. Aug 25, 2014
    This game is part of the growing cesspool of boring and lazy games. A low budget arcade game made in a week could be better than this. With lazy repetitive gameplay, recurring environments, sloppy A.I. and bad graphics, it's definitely the worst game of 2005. It's only quality is it's great soundtrack, but don't let that blind you from the rest of this garbage!

The inability of this series to learn from its mistakes is baffling. You'll often find yourself fighting enemies you can't see because some decorative element in the foreground entirely blocks your view, and you've zero control over the camera.
    The game's not perfect. There are some camera issues. Some AI issues. And I really would have preferred to have more control over spells. But it still arrives as a solid entry to the series. Kids will probably like it a lot.
    The constant action means the Harry Potter series has always lent itself well to the video-game format, and thankfully (albeit surprisingly) EA has mostly improved upon their winning formula, while upping the ante visually and adding welcome multiplayer features, easily making the Goblet of Fire their best adaptation yet.