High Heat Major League Baseball 2004 PlayStation 2

• Also On: PC
8.1

1. AndrewC.
    Apr 19, 2003
    A bit confusing at first, but its great once you get used to it.
  2. DannyC.
    Jul 5, 2003
    This game really sweet 2 play everone should try it!!
  3. Jared
    Apr 18, 2003
    The game is just boring. No matter how much you play its not fun.
  4. AlainG.
    Apr 18, 2003
    A great game. The first of my tour of this years baseball games, HH was truly addictive with intuitive, challenging gameplay. The stats could have been better, but the actual game play is awesome.
  5. AndrewD.
    Jan 12, 2004
    The only other baseball game that came out around the time of this, is Slugfest 2004, but that is more like Base Wars, the old NES game, it was fun with a friend, Slugfest that is, but alone, as in playing a season or franchise, High Heat is where it is at. I recently bought it because the price dropped, and I was impressed by the demo. I wanted to play as the 2003 roster of the Montreal The only other baseball game that came out around the time of this, is Slugfest 2004, but that is more like Base Wars, the old NES game, it was fun with a friend, Slugfest that is, but alone, as in playing a season or franchise, High Heat is where it is at. I recently bought it because the price dropped, and I was impressed by the demo. I wanted to play as the 2003 roster of the Montreal Expos, and play in the Olympic Stadium! Keep in mind I really haven't played video game baseball since SNES, maybe even NES. Leaps and bound have been made since then. There is room for improvement, but being with all specialty pitches for each pitcher, and all you would expect from a baseball game including franchise, and create/customise players is in here. There are five levels of difficulty, starting with 'rookie' and working your way up to "Hall of Famer". As soon as I started blowing out opponents, I moved to the next setting. And with each game lasting around a half hour, a 162 game season will give the game tons of value, as one review said, even if never played again! It's a shame the High Heat name is no longer, hopefully the 2005 titles will be as good, if I eventually get one, since it will take a while to finish just one season in this game! Well worth it! Expand

Basically unchanged with a few recognizable additions and accuracies to a sport that only the passionate truly enjoys, this title's illustrious career isn't quite over.
  2. The game play is top notch and the graphics got a great upgrade.
  3. A sequel that warrants an upgrade for owners of last year's game and a second look from prospective players who were turned off by the series' formerly unyielding adherence to a simulation design.