Hot Shots Golf 3 PlayStation 2

• Publisher: SCEA
  • Release Date: Mar 11, 2002
8.9

1. Sep 27, 2011
    This game is fun for a bit until you notice the glaring problems. Without any wind, it would say I am hitting 232 and I would hit full power and almost perfectly on and it would only go 209 yards and into the water below. The game does a terrible job [predicting how far your shot will go, in a game where feet matter. There is no excuse and no other reason why that should happen. Also evenThis game is fun for a bit until you notice the glaring problems. Without any wind, it would say I am hitting 232 and I would hit full power and almost perfectly on and it would only go 209 yards and into the water below. The game does a terrible job [predicting how far your shot will go, in a game where feet matter. There is no excuse and no other reason why that should happen. Also even on the beginner courses the computer gets pars and birdies every time making it almost impossible to keep up. They should make the game more accessible and not make waste your time on 18 holes against perfect players starting out. Also even if you are just a tad off on the hit with the accuracy button it will go way short (doesn't even make sense with accuracy) or way off to the side. They can't expect you to be perfect and should penalize you as much for barely any error. Collapse
  2. CancerX.
    Mar 18, 2002
    Great golf game, cartoony, but the physics and visuals are great, sound is ok, very fun.
  3. D.J.
    May 9, 2003
    A sports game for people who don't really like sports games. The Japanese title sums it up the best, "Everyone's Golf". You'd never think that a golf game could be fun but here's the proof.
  4. JohnD.
    Aug 20, 2003
    Kickass game people buy it !!!
  5. TylerB.
    Jan 18, 2004
    It was awesome.
  6. SamW.
    Jan 12, 2004
    This is a great golf game that does not bog you down with meters and trying to decide exactly how to hit each stroke. The gameplay is smooth and kept light with a multi-player mode that lets you trade compliments and insults, as well as control (somewhat) the crowd reactions.
  7. Sep 27, 2011

In comparison [to "Tiger Woods PGA Tour 2002"], the tap-tap-tap system employed in Hot Shots can't help but feel a little bit tired. It works, but there are far more possibilities to the PS2 control interface that could be make golf gameplay fresher, more intuitive, and more fun.
    Usually a person will hate a game when they lose at it on a consistent basis, the case is completely different here. This is just a testament of how fun and gripping this game is to play.
  3. Electronic Gaming Monthly
    I can't remember a game with almost nothing I would change...No other golf game keeps the action moving so well from one shot to the next. [Apr 2002, p.138]